fin.

Asphodel Meadows
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Welcome to Asphodel Meadows, Serena."

Serena heard an AI-like female voice greet high above her as she seemed to have escaped into the Dream Realm once again, but it felt more like a memory than of imagination though.

"Asphodel Meadows, huh?"

Serena looked about her surrounding, but it felt like no meadow she's seen before.

"More like a virtual  high-tech game room of sort though."

Still, Serena let it be and didn't feel like changing the scenery or putting on a song. She was just gonna go with the flow and not mess with anything, for now.

"Anyway,"

She looked about her again.

"I wonder if this is where Melanie's Twilight twin stays, or was that the Elysium Plains?"

Melanie was Serena's younger sister. However, the younger sister's predicament was quite complicated and one of the many reasons on why Serena was able to move through the Dream Realm with ease although unable to exactly choose which dream worlds to enter if unconscious.

"Whatever. Maybe Twilight Melanie will show up this time around."

Yet, that idea of meeting her sister in away exited as Serena's focus went onto this touch screen before her since the area seemed like a virtual world of sorts with high-tech functions. This interested her more and caught her attention.

"Hmm, this seems like one of those MMORPG moments. Pretty cool."

Serena swiped through the games before returning to the main menu again, but then skipped around to fill out the information at her own pace.

"I guess, I'm gonna make these like those energy supplies in games, but I want various flavors of milk tea and random snacks instead."

Serena started inputting things upon this holographic touch screen with what she wanted, she liked, and what she thought best fit at the moment as well.

"Ooh, I can even change the character's appearance. Alright, so I'm gonna make her a female. Now clothing and all that stuff. Wait, what's this? I can even make her have two different appearances besides her basic ones. Okay, nice. Oh, I just unlocked another option where she can be a human and have two supernatural lives, too. Wow, that's pretty cool. Hmm, gonna make her appearances be like that of an angel and demon while being a regular mortal. Nice."

In a way it was almost like she was creating a game character and building up how she wanted this character to be for whatever game she was playing despite having little to no knowledge about what it was really for within the Dream Realm. Serena chuckled to herself.

"Kinda cliche, but don't care and quite like it. Totally different looks that I would love to do, but it's too much work in general so why the human one is basic. Haha, and ooh, I can give even her magical attributes. Nice. This game is pretty awesome so far with what I can do with my character. I wonder what it's called again because I don't think I've seen this game in the real world at all."

Serena's eyes scanned to see if she could view the name of the game and only caught it for a few seconds before it faded away.

"The Cupid Reaper? Hmm, I wonder what's it about since it could go either way with that word combo. Love and death? A cupid and a grim reaper, too?"

Her eyes lit up when she came upon another section of the design.

"Ooh, theme songs. So there's an opening, a main, and an ending. That's so hard to choose though."

Her eyes saw the random button that popped up a few seconds later and her brows furrowed.

"Can I have a random soundtrack to my character's life? Is it gonna choose for me and be just those three songs or is it like a random song each time? Hmm, well as long as it plays whatever songs pertaining to my preferences and not just three. Ooh, it does! Yes. Now let's see what songs it has that I'll actually like."

Serena happily clicked the random button for her music theme and continued designing the rest of her avatar character although she started thinking that it felt and seemed rather familiar somehow. Serena paused in mid-design to think about what she was doing and how did she even end up in this situation in the first place. It was like she was becoming aware of her surroundings and acknowledging it in a way. Still, wasn't that how all of her interactions in the Dream World were like?

"What am I doing here though?"

She looked about her, but everything was sparkling gray and silent and the glowing screen before her. She peered down at her attire and saw that she was in a plain silver-like sleeveless gown that reached mid-thigh. Serena wasn't sure if it was sleepwear or formal wear, but she recalled she wasn't wearing this when she had gone to bed. It was quite comfy, but she wondered where it came from as she never owned something like this before either.

"Are you done making your character?"

A male voice suddenly asked from her right side, and she jerked away while staring at the person.

"Jake?"

Serena wondered when he appeared as she hadn't heard him stand beside her or the AI announcing his presence. Jake stared at her slightly confused.

"Do I know you?" He questioned with a tilt of his head, speaking softly.

Serena had forgotten that Jake indeed didn't know her directly, but the two have crossed paths many times, both in the real world and the dream world. Only Serena happened to know who Jake was compared to him.

"Um, no."

It was a partial lie and truth. Anyway, she played it off, believing that she looked completely different to Jake a third time around.

"I heard the voice announce your presence earlier."

"Oh, okay. Yeah, but I have no idea what's going on."

He looked about them before

Please log in to read the full chapter