fin.

Persistence
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Okay, s-"

Yeon stopped talking in the midst of explaining information to ENHYPEN when an influx of staff entered the room, causing her to tense up and become overwhelmed. She didn't know why there were so many people occupying the space all of a sudden when there was another room next door, but she calmly took a deep breath and focused her attention to the ground to distract herself from being overstimulated. Yeon hated crowds with little space to herself, but on top of that she hated multiple conversations going on at once, making her uncomfortable overall. However, the idol group didn't notice as some of them were being asked by the other staff about something else while the rest were getting their makeup re-touched and so on. So, Yeon took in a few more deep breaths, but she knew she needed to escape soon before an anxiety attack would overtake her and she couldn't do her job properly and cause unnecessary attention onto herself as well.

"Yeon?"

She didn't hear her name being called by Jungwon, the only one that noticed her behavior shifting as she was too busy trying to calm herself down.

"Lee Yeon?"

Jungwon called her name, worried, but in a gentler tone while the rest of s were occupied with their company staff. Jungwon placed a comforting hand on Yeon's upper arm while discreetly ushering her out of the room.

"This should be better now." He commented once the two were alone and in the hallway.

"Hmm?"

Yeon glanced around to see that she now stood outside the room and no one else was around, but her and Jungwon.

"What happened?"

Jungwon didn't bother answering her question, but responded in concern of her welfare. 

"Are you feeling a little better?" He asked a moment later and she cast him with an appreciative smile.

"Um, yeah. Thank you, Jungwon."

"You're welcome, Yeon."

Jungwon gave Yeon another once over before speaking.

"Do you need a moment before going back in or should I call Seul back to get you?"

"Uh, no, no, it's okay, Jungwon. Thank you though. Seul should be back soon since she only went to get ice cream for y'all since Wonhyuk had something else to take care of a moment ago." She dismissed in a nonchalant manner.

"Anyway, I just needed to tell you guys about the new time for your schedules tomorrow since Wonhyuk asked me to inform you all before he left."

She flashed him a small smile.

"Since you're the leader, then I'll just tell you and you can relay it to the others."

"Ah, okay." Jungwon said with a nod, but he cast her with a worried look, but didn't comment.

"Anyway," Yeon redirected back to what she wanted to tell the ENHYPEN members.

"So, instead of leaving at ten, y'all are leaving at eight instead and need to be ready and at the company at least thirty minutes before departure. So, please let the others know and to try and not be late since y'all have different schedules to get to afterwards. Also, rest well. Please, get plenty of sleep as y'all been super busy of late and none of us want y'all to faint or anything."

Jungwon cast her with an appreciative smile.

"Got it. Thank you, Yeon."

"You're welcome."

"No, really, I mean it."

Yeon didn't think much of it and shot him a warm smile.

"Again, you're welcome, Jungwon. Anyway, I-"

"Will you and Seul be coming with us?" Jungwon suddenly asked as Yeon's brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you guys coming with us for our schedules tomorrow?"

"Um, no. Seul and I were assigned to do something else, but Wonhyuk will be there for sure though and like the usual staff members that goes."

"Oh, I see."

Yeon sensed he seemed disappointed by her answer, but she dismissed it and flashed him a reassuring smile.

"Anyway, Jungwon, you should return to the others. Have a good evening though."

She shot him a smile.

"Thanks again for earlier. Bye."

"Yeah, bye."

Jungwon quietly watched Yeon's retreating figure and ever since that day, Yeon realized that Jungwon has been a little more attentive towards her than before. He would check in on her while asking how she was doing today more often than necessary. Assisting her with carrying items or just tagging along despite having his own schedules to attend to. At first, Yeon just assumed it was the leader mode and helpful side of him, but noticed that Jungwon catered to her the most whenever she compared herself to the other female staff, especially her sister. So, Yeon remembered to ask Seul about it when it was just the two of them at the company.

"Yo, have you noticed Jungwon being a little too helpful lately?" Yeon asked Seul when the pair ate their lunch on the roof of the building.

Seul chuckled with a knowing look as Yeon eyed her.

"What's with that look?"

"Nothing." Seul cooed playfully as Yeon rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, right."

"Anyway," Seul focused back on the topic.

"He has, but towards you the most though."

Yeon sighed.

"I knew it."

However, Seul cast her sister with a teasing look.

"Is that why you've been avoiding him lately?"

"Maybe."

Yeon chuckled as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Is it obvious?"

"Not really, but since I know you and have seen it happen more than the others, he seems upset whenever you do that."

"He'll be fine. Besides, there's other people he can help besides me."

"True, but Jungwon's just being Jungwon. Also, I don't know if you recall, but he's the jealous type."

Yeon scoffed.

"There's nothing for him to be jealous of anyway."

"True, but, you and I both know that he's become quite attentive to you and only you, so it could be a different story concerning you."

"Okay, and so what? Not like anything can occur. Still, though, how should I tell him to just leave me alone then and just focus his attention on ENGENE and life?"

"Don't be mean. You're already ignoring him. Besides, you just need to have a talk with him and things should work out on their own accord."

Yeon rolled her eyes as Seul laughed.

"Okay, true, but me ignoring him shouldn't affect him all that much and I really don't care since it isn't that serious. besides, Jungwon has his family, s, the fans, and even the staff members. Jungwon doesn't have to concern himself with me though."

"Yeah, that's true, but then again, they're not you and you're you that he's paying attention to."

"Stop."

Yeon groaned as Seul laughed, having fun messing with her sister.

"Anyway, Yeon, it's not like a bad thing for him to want to help and pay attention to you. It's kinda cute. I'm sure he has more than a crush on you though."

"Oh, please, Seul, no way."

Yeon dismissed the notion with a wave of her hand.

"He's too young for me, ENGENE would surely be upset and come after me, this may cost me my job, and dating was never part of my agenda."

"Hmm, tough. Too bad I can't say the same thing though."

Seul chuckled before realizing what she had indirectly admitted to as Yeon stared at her, teasingly.

"Oh, so that makes so much sense now why you've been staying late at work recently and even coming into work earlier than normal to spend time with him, huh?"

"Yeah." Seul confirmed as Yeon eyed her.

"Are you really dating an idol?"

Seul nodded slowly as Yeon questioned her sister some more.

"Is he a member of ENHYPEN?"

Seul nodded once more before admitting who the person was.

"It's Jay."

"Aww, that's cute, but wait though. Does Wonhyuk know?"

"No and you're not going to be the one telling him though."

"Obviously, but he's gonna be curious sooner than later. Well, not just him, but the others will, too."

"Yes, we know. Jay and I already discussed it."

Yeon seemed impressed by Seul.

"Wow. Anyway, it's just dating and who knows what it'll be like for the two of you in the end."

"Yeah, true."

"Well, as long as you're both prepared for all that craziness, then I'll still be here for you and we can both leave the company if y'all break up and find work elsewhere."

The two share a laugh, nodding although Yeon recalled something.

"However, I remember him telling a fan or something that he wants his first love to be his last love though."

Yeon eyed Seul.

"I guess that means you can't break up with him though."

"Of course, she can't break up with me."

A male voice stated as Seul and Yeon immediately straightened up as the

Please log in to read the full chapter