fin

my favorite person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

kdhdh

 

when winter’s prank went a bit too far. a bit angsty. well blame winter!

 

 

 

 

 

Soft hand plays with the head on top of Karina’s body. Hums and muffled whispers of rambles are heard, as the younger has her face flat onto the leader’s chest, forbidding her from producing coherent talks. The pair is cuddling on the dorm’s couch, now that the schedule for today finished a bit earlier than planned. Seizing their alone time before Aeri and Ningning come barging with the groceries for dinner, Karina and Winter take this chance to get comfy as Karina plays with the game on her phone while Winter’s words get blurred as she tries to stay awake. 

 

“Unnie.” 

 

“Hm?”

 

“Who’s your favorite person?”

 

Karina chuckles, the hand stops ruffling her girlfriend’s soft locks. 

 

“Isn’t that obvious?” she quips. 

 

“You’re not answering the question.” Winter huffs, the air hits Karina’s collarbone.

 

“It’s you, pabo-yah.” Winter’s head lifted upon the comment. 

 

“Did you think it was gonna be someone else?” Karina feigns annoyance.

 

“Just asking.” Winter smiles and it’s cute, her cheeks slightly lifted. Karina pinches the little buns, eliciting a soft sigh from the younger. Satisfied with the response, Winter goes back to put her head onto Karina’s chest, eliciting a hum from the older, as she listens to the leader’s heartbeat.

 

Gardenscapes is long forgotten. “What about you?” the leader asks.

 

“Umma.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“It’s my mom.” 

 

Karina shifts and places her phone onto the vanity table. Sensing the abrupt change in her heartbeat, Winter once again lifts her head, looking at the leader straight into her eyes.

 

“You thought it’s you.” Winter accuses and Karina’s red as hell.

 

“Baby no. Of course it’s umma. She’s been there since day 1.” Karina convinces her girlfriend but Winter sure does not miss the point that her girlfriend’s lips twitch earlier, a habit she developed whenever she gets uncomfortable. 

 

Winter gets shrugged when the door beeps, signaling the two’s arrival. 

 

Dinner is delicious. Ningning had been craving for Winter’s kimchi jjigae, saying the weather calls for soupy based food. The members agreed, while also having picked up bossam at their favorite place. 

 

Usual praises are thrown at the chef, Ningning gives her a thumbs up, Aeri compliments, saying her kimchi jjigae always remind her of their old trainee days. Karina just nods, eating her food in silence. 

 

 

Nonchalance is always Karina's thing. She gets away most of the time dismissing feelings and emotions, they’re cringey, she had said. So what when her clingy, overdramatic, swear-she-cannot-live-without-the-leader girlfriend said she’s not her favorite person?

 

It’s valid. Winter has always been fond of her mom. Duh, it’s her mom? Get it straight to your head ms. Leader. Mrs. Kim gave birth to her, feeds her, funds her studies, supports her idol dream, all while caring for her other siblings. It’s only fair that she's her girlfriend’s favorite person.

 

So when bedtime comes, the leader does not dismiss her girlfriend when she comes barging, demanding a quick makeout session. Why would she send away the cutie patootie who’s leaning over her bedroom’s door, sliding her fingers over the door all while having that adorable pout on her face? Nonsense.

 

Winter has also donned her Gelato Pique pajamas, the first gift Karina had bought her after their debut. The overly large one piece falls onto her shoulders, revealing her porcelain skin Karina loves kissing so much. She sighs. The leader could never say no to this 

 

 

The crumbs of sandwiches fall from the careless mouth as they wait for their manager to come and pick them up. Karina gestures to Winter to come closer so she could feed her the bread, eating something light before they indulge in a big dinner later. 

 

It is 5pm, Aeri has left earlier, having made promises to Somi and Yunjin, they will be having a sleepover at the solo’s home today. Ningning has a separated schedule so she already left with the other manager, leaving the couple to themselves.

 

Winter coughs. “Don’t talk with your mouth full.” The leader dabs tissue on the younger’s mouth, swiping the ketchup lightly smeared on her lips, then holds the cold water bottle near , tipping lightly.

 

Winter clears . “I’ll be going home later.”

 

“Busan?” she nods.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” 

 

“Umma called just now. Sorry unnie.” Winter sheepishly smiles.

 

“Are you gonna be alright alone, though?” she adds.

 

Karina nods and eats the remaining bite, missing the part where the younger frowns at the action. 

 

“I’ll just eat with manager unnie.” grabbing the drink, she tries to not get worked up and goes to collect her stuff. 

 

“No but like in the dorm later.” Winter whines.

 

“Ningie said she won’t be back that late.”

 

Her phone chimes and a text appears. The manager is outside.

 

“When will you come back?”

 

“2 days or so.” 

 

“Mmkay. I’ll miss you a lot baby.” Karina gets down,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter