Crystal (AM Challenge)

One Shots Over The Rainbow

Hehe :D This was my first AM challenge ^^
--
I, Nikki Choi just turned twenty. Man, I'm old! But that's not the point. I'm currently sitting on a swing, all alone. Oh yeah, did I mention that right now is the midst of winter? It's also my birthday!WOOHOO!.... not really. Birthdays aren't as special if you don't celebrate it with a special someone, right? Well that 'special someone' disappeared from my life, probably for eternity, five years ago. I still pretty much remember how it happened as if it was yesterday– or as if I tattooed it on the palms of my freezing hands.

Want to know how it happened? I'll tell you anyways. Haha, maybe I will stop freezing to death or he might come back! Yeah... maybe.

-
flashback;
-

After walking around the park, and drinking hot chocolate at a nearby cafe. We spun round and round in the snow, ruining the perfect untouched flakes. It was an amazing sight. We, the two love birds, couldn't get enough of the snow. It fell from the sky like it fell from the heavens. We laughed and chucked handfuls of snow at each other. Our hands were freezing to death but when they got hold of each other, we were burning with heat. Both of us fell down on the soft blanketed ground. This was probably the last time we were going to be together. Who knew what surprise was heading towards me. Not all surprises are good you know.

“Nikki, turn around.” Key whispered in a light voice. His cheeks were flushed with pink and snowflakes were resting on his eyelashes. It was hard to take my eyes off of his baby face but I did what he told me to do anyways.

I squeezed my eyes shut– No peeking! I felt something cold tickle my neck. Key had clasped the ends of the, I think, necklace. Now that the thing around my neck was free of his grip, I felt something tugging at the middle of the thing.

“You can open your eyes now.”

I opened my tightly squeezed eyes and rubbed them to keep the blurriness out. I look down at where the tug was coming from. I let out a big scream-slash-surprised gasp. Hanging from the sparkly, silver chain was a crystal! A crystal with icicles inside it!

“Key, you shouldn't have.” I was probably smiling from ear to ear. Key stood there with his hands reaching out to the crystal. “So pretty!!! I have something to remind me of winter and this special day now!”

“May I?” He now held the small prism in his hands. I nodded eagerly, awaiting his next surprise. He held the crystal to the semi bright sun and out came a rainbow.

I was now clapping like a fool. True, I knew you could make a rainbow with a crystal and some sunlight. BUT!! This gigantic rainbow came out from a crystal the size of my thumb's fingerprint! I really wanted to hug and kiss this guy I called my boyfriend. So why not make that 'want' happen? I ran up to his proud smile, gave him a big peck on the lips and a huge bear hug.

“This is the happiest birthday I've ever had!” I sighed and released him from my bear hug. “I love you.” I smiled and held his warm hand.

He pinched the tip of my nose and said, “I love you for life.” He smiled. We were probably blinding everyone that walks by with our love-filled shininess. It would be AWESOME if time stopped ...forever.

The next day I went over to his house. I knocked once– twice– even five times! There was still no answer. Usually he would've opened the door on or before the first knock. I took a deep breath. It wouldn't count as breaking in if you knew that person.. or did it? I twisted and turned the doorknob. Nothing. I quickly pulled out a bobby pin from my neatly tied hair and stuck it in the keyhole. After a few tries I finally got it.

“HALLELUJAH!” I practically shouted as I threw my arms up in the air. I looked inside and my heart almost dropped dead. Tears threatened to pour out. I walked into the cold room. No note. No nothing. I ran up and down the flight of stairs. I even tried pinching myself. This cannot be true. If he was moving or something he would've told me beforehand....

I ran home and into my room. It had painted sky blue walls, clouds, and rainbows– just the way I liked it. I plopped down on my bed and sobs and tears started to escape. I clutched my crystal necklace and ripped it off my neck.

For a few months I didn't receive any calls or mail. My beloved necklace's clasp was now broken. I decided he had now left my life and moved on... sort of. We all had to move on sometime.

-
end of flashback;
-

Nikki moved back and forth on the swing. She touched her small crystal. The clasp was now fixed. She smiled at the past memories she had shared with Key. Although she moved on, her only true love would be Key and only Key. She sighed and her frozen hands dropped to her sides. She pouted a pout that Key loved.

'Same old boring birthday like the past five years...' She swung as high as she could and then jumped off. Key never allowed her to do that but now since he's gone she did it as often as she could.

“Hey! You shouldn't be doing that!” Nikki heard a familiar voice that sounded awfully like Key. She turned around to see where it was coming from. Right in front of her eyes was Key!.. and a big present.

“Oppa.....” She stood there with her cold, red cheeks. 'This is too good to be true...' She pinched herself. “Ow...” She winced at the pain. “Is this a dream or what?” She stared at him, shocked, as he walked closer.

“Idiot.” He pulled her into a hug. “This is reality.” He kissed her with those soft lips of his. Snowflakes fell gracefully around the two young and long lost lovers.

“I told you I would love you for life.” He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“And I still love you....” Nikki stared at him for a second. “But why did you leave?”

“Huh? I tried calling you but you hung up.” Key looked at her confused. “I thought you didn't like no me no more, so I stopped calling.”

“EH?” Her eyes widened. There was a time when an unknown number called her but she just hung up. “I thought it was some stranger.”

Key smacked her head. “Yeah! SOME STRANGER.” He chuckled. “We should get going shouldn't we?” He took her cold hand and put it inside his coat pocket. The reunited couple walked side by side with their trademark eye blinding smiles.

'So.. telling you my past really brought him back, ne?' Nikki was full of joy and glee on the inside. 'Haha, maybe I should do that more often.'

♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦♫♫♦
Haha yay! I had a awesome time typing this one-shot! ^^
Once again, I credit RAINxclouds for this awesome
storyline! :D

Haha so there you have it folks~ Amy's one-shot
submitted to the 'romance' section @ aesthetic-medley.blogspot.com

Why don't you give it a try too? ^^

→Thanks for reading ♥
'bby chink aka amy