1/1

You're mine and I'm yours

Lying beside Jimin has always been Minjeong's favorite. She enjoys the soft rise of Jimin's chest as she snuggles closer, with Minjeong's head nestled between Jimin's shoulder and neck while Jimin's arms are wrapped around her waist, ensuring that the younger girl wouldn't be able to escape her grasp. Minjeong has never once complained about it, after all this was what she had been dreaming of for so long. To finally call Jimin, hers.

 

“What's inside that pretty mind of yours?” Jimin suddenly spoke, breaking Minjeong's train of thoughts as she slightly tilted her head up to face Jimin's gaze. “Were my thoughts loud?” Minjeong whispered, and Jimin nodded her head slightly as she pulled Minjeong closer than they already were. “They were,” Minjeong frowned upon hearing Jimin's words. “But not in a way that's bothersome, nor is it in a way that makes me love you less.” Jimin admits, this time she pushed Minjeong away slightly so she could study the younger girl's features even better.

 

“So, what's going on, hm?” She whispered as she cupped Minjeong's cheeks, her thumbs rubbing small circles. Minjeong melted at the feeling of Jimin's touches as well as her voice. “I was thinking about something,” Jimin hummed as she nodded her head, encouraging Minjeong to continue. “I was worried that eventually I-” Minjeong abruptly paused, the words stuck on . Jimin on the other hand remained silent, patiently waiting for Minjeong to continue at her own pace. Minjeong gulped as she bit her lower lip. “That eventually I wouldn't be enough for you.” Minjeong felt lighter as soon as the sentence left her lips. She had always wondered what she had done in her past life to ever deserve someone like Jimin. 

 

Minjeong was waiting for the ‘What are you saying? If you weren't enough I wouldn't be here.’ As it was what she always heard from her previous lovers. Minjeong was used to the passive-aggressive energy that those very same words were the reason why she decided to never express her worries and continued to maintain a bright atmosphere. Minjeong waited for Jimin's response, her eyes darting everywhere except for the older girl who was burning holes with her stare. “I understand.” Jimin's response caught Minjeong off-guard as she snapped her head towards Jimin who was smiling softly. 

 

“I understand that you have your own doubts, which I will not invalidate.” She continued, taking notice of how silent Minjeong was. “If that's how you feel then I understand and will do my best to prove to you that you're more than enough for me.” It felt like an unspoken promise. There were no words such as ‘I promise.’ and it made Minjeong feel weird, but in a way that it brought a smile to her face. “I didn’t choose to fall in love with you, but when I fell, I had the choice to either pursue you or not, and as you can see, I chose to pursue you.” Jimin’s words felt like a lullaby to Minjeong as she felt drowsy hearing Jimin’s words. “I’ll choose you over and over again. No matter what obstacles there are for us, there’s only one Kim Minjeong that I will always love.” It was reassuring hearing what Jimin had to say with Minjeong’s doubts. She felt her heart swell with warmth at her girlfriend’s words. “Now, can I ask what led to that thought?” Jimin carefully asks as she steals a quick kiss on Minjeong's nose before peppering her entire face with kisses. 

 

Minjeong giggled at the kisses the older girl was planting on her face. “I was just overthinking, wondering what if you'll eventually realize I'm not all that and then decide to leave one day.” Minjeong pouted and Jimin cooed at how adorable her girlfriend was. “Oh but you're all that in my standards. However I won't force you to believe me, I want you to feel that you are enough.” 

 

Jimin knew that the first time she had talked to Minjeong she would eventually fall for her. She just didn't think Minjeong would feel the same way too. 

 

“Hi! I'm Yu Jimin, it's nice meeting you!” The older girl grinned showing her pearly white teeth. “Kim Minjeong, it's nice meeting you too.” Minjeong introduces as she glanced behind Jimin. “I have classes, so I'll see you around.” She bowed slightly and walked away. Jimin's gaze follows the fleeting figure before she trailing behind her. “Where's your next class?” She asked, causing the smaller girl to flinch. “It's just around this corner, why?” Minjeong asked, raising one eyebrow as she looked at Jimin's smiley expression. “Let me walk you there!” 

 

“I don't want to waste your time.” Minjeong frowned but Jimin dismissed the thought. “Silly, you won't waste my time. I actually don't have classes today, I'm only here for training.” The younger girl could only listen to Jimin's words as they silently walked towards Minjeong's next class. “This must be it, right?” Jimin pointed at the room but Minjeong chuckled and held Jimin's hand, moving it so it was pointing at the right room.

 

The feeling of Minjeong's hand on hers felt like electric zapping her as she flinched. The slight reaction didn't go unnoticed by Minjeong. Quickly removing her hold on Jimin's hand, she mumbles a low, “Sorry.” Minjeong bowed again. Finally recovering her composure, Jimin awkwardly laughs, hiding her blush. “I-It's all good, I guess you should head now so you won't be late.” Jimin ushered. 

 

Once Jimin made sure that Minjeong was really inside her room, she glanced at her hand and jumped in excitement before heading towards the school's court.

 

“I already feel enough,” Minjeong mumbles before putting her arms around Jimin's neck. “It's just my thoughts telling me otherwise.” Minjeong had to stop her giggles when she saw how pouty Jimin was. Seeing Minjeong trying to stop the giggles that were begging to leave, she pinched Minjeong's sides causing Minjeong to burst out laughing. “Yah! Stop! Jimin!” Minjeong complained as she tried to stop Jimin from tickling her. “Baby stop!” There were tears trickling down as she laughed even louder. “You're so adorable, baby.” Jimin pinched Minjeong's cheeks and wiped her tears. “I don't know if you actually like me or like teasing me.” Minjeong grumbled under her breath but with how close they were, Jimin heard it clearly.

 

“Hearing you say that reminds me of that time when I said those words to you.”

 

Jimin fiddled with the flowers she kept behind her back while waiting for Minjeong’s last period to end. Jimin still couldn’t believe that Minjeong felt the same way and allowed Jimin to court her as she wanted to prove to Minjeong that her feelings were genuine. While waiting, Jimin could notice the stares she was getting as they walked past the older girl. To say she was nervous was an understatement as she kept looking at her watch. “Jimin?” Feeling her cheeks warm, she looks up and sees Minjeong in front of her. “H-hey! Do you happen to have plans today?” She asked, hoping that Minjeong would say that she wasn’t busy. “I have practice today.” Jimin felt herself deflate when she hears Minjeong’s answer. “Oh.” Revealing the flowers, she hands them to Minjeong. “Good luck with your practice.” She grinned, trying to hide her disappointment. “What's the flowers for?” Minjeong asked before Jimin could walk away. “They're ‘just because’ flowers.” Jimin shrugged. “Just because?” Minjeong tilted her head, Jimin nodded. “Yeah, they looked pretty and I thought of you.” She shamelessly flirts, making Minjeong blush.

 

“And also because I wanted to ask you out on a date.” Hearing those words leave Jimin's lips caused Minjeong to malfunction even more. “Huh?!” Hearing Minjeong’s reaction made Jimin realize that she had said her thoughts out loud, Jimin panicked as she started waving her hands aggressively. “Nothing! Nothing! It was nothing!” Jimin was a blushing mess and what made it even more embarrassing was the fact that Minjeong was slowly walking towards her. “A date?” She teased. Jimin looked at the ground clearly flustered with her slip up. “I mean, if you can wait for an hour and half then we can go on that date of yours.” This certainly caught Jimin’s attention. “Really?!” Jimin’s eyes sparkled. “Yes really.” Minjeong nodded, pinching Jimin’s cheeks. Minjeong fought every bit of her being to not kiss Jimin’s cheeks since they were still in public. “I don’t know if you actually like me or like teasing me.” Jimin pouted when she noticed that Minjeong wasn’t done with pinching her cheeks. “Both.” Minjeong giggled. “So? Can you wait for an hour and half?”

 

“I’d wait even if it takes years.” 

 

“Sweet talker.” Although a smile eventually shows on Minjeong’s features.

 

“God, I remember you saying you’d wait even if it took years.” Minjeong reminisced, making Jimin eagerly nod her head. “And I meant it.” She confirmed cupping Minjeong’s cheeks. “I love you, Minjeong.” She whispered softly, pressing a chaste kiss on Minjeong’s lips. “I love you too, Jimin.” Minjeong replies in the midst of the kiss.

 

Right after the kiss, Minjeong feels her worries drop just like her eyelids. She falls asleep with the thought of Jimin actually feeling like she’s more than enough.