final

Manage My Heart

Johnny had always wanted to push his boys to excel and prove the industry wrong with how well the trifecta of Resonance is. The group had been divided into three to target three major music markets: Korea, Japan and China and such a group of dedicated managers and staff had been taking care of them and making sure that they are always on top of their game.

 

“Taeyong, I need fresh ideas for the year end stages.” Johnny called Taeyong, he’s a producer and choreographer for Kwangya, the Korean unit of the trifecta.

 

“Come to the studio later by 5pm, let us brain storm this.” Taeytong replied and Johnny sighed but agreed, putting that into his schedule.

 

He then called Ten and Yuta, the two other managers in charge of Kosmos, the Chinese unit, and Ether, The Japanese Unit, to inform them for their scheduled brainstorming the next couple of days for the year end stages. The group had been killing their comebacks so far and Johnny would want that momentum going into the new year. He was reviewing the possible set list per unit and he would really like these to be explosive, to set his boys apart.

 

As the afternoon rolled by, he decided to drop by early to make himself comfortable and get started on the brainstorming. He sropped by their cafe to buy some coffee for him and Taeyong before he went to the floor where the recording studios where situated. Johnny knew Taeyong’s preffered room so he did not mind knocking, assuming that no one was there at the moment.

 

When Johnny opened the door though, he was surprised as there was someone seated in front of the panel and that there is something different playing from the speakers. He contemplated on asking the person what he was doing but realized that the song was an oriental remix of Kosmos’ latest comeback, Phantom. Johnny’s jaw dropped as the music progressed and towards the bridge, it became silent but the man on the seat belted Xioajun’s highlight note.

 

It also happened that the man turned from his seat then suddenly choked seeing someone was inside the room.

 

“oh my goodness sorry!” the man immediately apologized.

 

“Oh no, I am sorry, I did not knock.” johnny countered. “Are you new? I haven’t seen you and this is Taeyong’s usual studio.” Johnny inquired. “I’m Johnny by the way.” Johnny extended a hand and the man smiled and shook the offered hand.

 

“I’m Kun and just got hired. I am shadowing Taeyong hyung for the time being while I get the bearings of how things work here.” Kun replied and Johnny nodded.

 

“Did you make the remix?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded.

 

“Taeyong hyung said that I can play around with some existing tracks as practice since I am still yet to find my creative style for this new place.” Kun shared.

 

“Well that sounded amazing already.” Johnny said with a smile.

 

“Really? It’s half decent.” Kun shrugged and paused the track.

 

“Talk me into it though, Phantom sounded so different.” Johnny said, gesturing for them to sit down.

 

“Uhm, you want to know the thought process?” Kun was intrigued, not a lot would want to know what the producers or composers thought of during their creation.

 

“Yeah, I talk to TY about his works all the time, makes me appreciate the creative work behind it.” Johnny assured Kun.

 

“Well, I’ve heard of Phantom before transferring here and I thought how good it is, however, there is something so detached about it. You see, I am Chinese myself and Kosmos performing this has a huge disconnect to their roots which I would want to somehow correct.” Kun explained and Johnny nodded, interesting take.

 

“So I thought, why not infuse some oriental vibe to it, make it more Kosmos.” Kun added and Johnny nodded. “I added some traditional strings and added a dance break because the kids are pretty good dancers.” Kun pointed out and Johnny agrees. “I also wanted this to Mirror Kick it as the song had really oriental vibe, like if they do back to back, the transition would be flawless.” Kun added.

 

“You belted Xiaojun’s high note earlier.” Johnny pointed out.

 

“Yes, I wanted to highlight that part. Most songs have the chorus overlap the high notes and it works for recording but I envisioned this in a concert setting, and how the pause would really give Xioajun his spotlight and people to appreciate it.” Kun explained.

 

“Genius move there.” Johnny was impressed. “so are you going to share this to Taeyong?” Johnny asked and Kun shook his head.

 

“I don’t think it’ll be a fit right now, and I was just tinkering, it’s not as good.” Kun shrugged his shoulders and Johnny felt that it would be a missed opportunity if Kun did not share this.

 

But before he could argue further, the door opened and Taeyogn strutted and gave Johnny a raised brow.

 

“you’re early.’ Taeyong said then smiled at Kun. “You met Kun?” Taeyong asked Johnny who nodded. “Great, Kun’s new and he’ll be shadowing me before he takes over music production for Kosmos.” Taeyong informed him.

 

“I wasn’t informed of the new addition.” Johnny replied, handing Taeyong his coffee and then the other to Kun, he’ll just order another for himself later.

 

“We are making sure Kun has integrated well before he is introduced to make it as seamless as possible.” Taeyong informed him. “So Kun Join us, we are going to do some brainstorming for the year end stages.” Taeyong said and Kun sat next to Taeyong and smiled at them.

 

---

 

The managing staff for Resonance was gathered in the conference room and Johnny was all but excited to show them the plan for the year-end stages. as they all settled in for a long discussion, Johnny had made them listen to a recording. He observed the faces of his colleagues and grinned as Ten’s and Sicheng’s eyes widened then looked at each other, before their fingers were tapping at the table top.

 

“This? Where did you get this?” Ten asked Johnny who was grinning wide.

 

“Did you make it Johnny?” Taeyong asked and Johnny shook his head.

 

“Call Kun, he’ll explain.” Johnny replied and Taeyong gasped then proceeded to call him over to the conference room.

 

“I am sure your brain is itching to choreograph something.” He directed to Ten who laughed.

 

“You know me too well, Sicheng this is so made for you, the dance break would be perfect to add traditional elements and contemporary.” Ten suggested and Sicheng nodded.

 

“You can style their clothes to have some hanfu elements.” Sicheng suggested.

 

“You guys are seriously insane coming up with those just by hearing the demo.” Doyoung pointed out.

 

“because this is genius Doyoungie my dear.” Ten replied grinning as he was prepared to tease his colleague.

 

There was a knock and a head popped in, and Johnny gestured for him to come in. “This is Kun everyone, Kun have a seat.” Johnny gestured to the vacant chair next to him.

 

“Hello, I am Kun.” Kun bowed before sitting down.

 

“Round of introductions please.’ Johnny pointed to Ten who rolled his eyes but smiled at Kun.

 

The introduction took a while and Kun was overwhelmed and surprised because why was he even called here? Johnny played the song and Kun gasped and looked at Johnny who was grinning.

 

“I loved this remix Kun and I am sure it fits the year-end stage.” Johnny assured him.

 

“You made that? Excuse me I love you already!” Ten squealed making Sicheng cough to get his attention. “I meant as an expression my love.” Ten said and kissed his cheeks making Kun’s eyes bulge at the sudden PDA.

 

“Does it make you uncomfortable?” Johnny asked and Kun shook his head.

 

“No, I accept that, they look cute together, just not expecting the PDA all of a sudden.” Kun confessed. “I thought it was just Yuta hyung and Taeyong hyung.” Kun shared.

 

“What did you do to traumatize Kun?” Johnny looked at Yuta and Taeyong pointedly.

 

“We’re sorry okay, we were making out.” Taeyong explained.

 

“I’d rather not discuss it.” Kun shook his head to remove the image from his mind.

 

“So yeah, you made that?” Taeyong asked and Kun nodded. “Why didn’t you show it to me?” Taeyong was a little offended.
 

“I was just playing around, I don’t even think it’s good.” Kun replied.

 

“That wasn’t good? Excuse me.” Taeil, the vocal coach remarked. “You are going to highlight Xiaojun’s high note, I’ve been asking for that kind of arrangement!” Taeil exclaimed. “These producers always infuriates me, my babies work so hard for these spotlight and they doen’t even let them shine!” Taeil added and It was Jungwoo who rubbed the older’s arm to soothe him.

 

“Thank you.” Kun bowed at them.

 

“Are you officially joining the team?” Jaehyun, their lyricist and composer, asked.

 

“It’s up to Taeyong hyung.” Kun said and Taeyong was grinning.

 

“Of course Kun, you are joining us, with that kind of arrangement? We are looking into releasing such bops this world won’t be ready for SOTY.” Taeyong replied.

 

“Great. I need you to polish this cause I know you said there would be some adjustments and we’ll continue with the meeting.” Johnny said and turned to the projector.

 

“Meeting?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“Yes meeting.” Johnny grinned and moved the slide.

 

---

 

First thing on the agenda for Kosmos is to listen to the remix for them to get the feel of the song before Ten and Sicheng teach them the choreography. Both instructors had asked Kun to attend the briefing and to formally introduce him as their composer and manager, freeing up Taeyong from some of the load. The kids are pretty well mannered and quite talkative once they knew Kun was also Chinese and that they can freely talk in Mandarin.

 

‘Woah!” Xiaojun was first to react and then hugged Kun which surprised the older. ‘You really did that Kun ge?” Xiaojun asked and Kun nodded.

 

“We are going to have a dance break!” Hendery exclaimed.

 

“that’s pretty cool ge!” Yangyang was next to praise their new manager.

 

“I like you already!” Chenle, the maknae grinned as he pointed a finger towards Kun.

 

“ar we getting new stage outfits too Ten ge?” Renjun asked and Ten nodded.

 

“of corse sweetheart.” Ten assured him.

 

“Great, this is great. I love it already!” Renjun exclaimed.

 

“Glad that you do!” Kun beamed a smile.

 

“Ten ge, Sicheng ge, let’s have dinner later! We need to welcome Kun ge!” Xiaojun suggested and Sicheng sighed.

 

“I’ll ask Johnny hyung. Better to have one big introduction so not to overwhelm Kun ge.” Sicheng said and picked up his phone to call Johnny.

 

“If I am not needed here, I’ll get back to the studio?” Kun asked Ten who nodded.

 

“Sicheng will inform you of the details later.” Ten said and Kun waved goodbye before he left the practice room.

 

The dinner was a big affair and with 31 people, it was a miracle they even found a place that they could take them in.

 

“Settle down okay.” Johnny instructed and the staff and idols sat where they are most comfortable, some clustering into their friend groups. “First let’s welcome Kun who will be assigned to Kosmos.” Johnny said and Kun bowed at them while they cheered, the loudest were from the Kosmos groups.

 

“Hello I am Kun. I will be composing for and managing Kosmos. Pleasetake care of me.” Kun said and smiled at them.

 

“Your smile is pretty!” Jaemin remarked and Yuta agreed next to him.

 

“Come here Kun sit with us!” Yuta bellowed but Sicheng blocked his path.

 

“He’s sitting with us!” Sicheng countered.

 

“Dream on, he’s sitting with us.” Doyoung stuck his tongue out and pulled Kun towards his table where Jaehyun and Taeil were sitting already.

 

“are guys on competition or something?” Kun asked as he sat.

 

“No, just the regular banters.” Doyoung shrugged.

 

“that’s how they work trust me, I had been scared less when I first encountered them.” Jaehyun shared.

 

“oh, wow.’ Kun laughed, not really sure how to react to that to be honest.

 

“So, no need to be shy and eat up because once those kids have their fill they’ll be coming here like some curious little lambs.” Johnny said as he sat across Kun. Kun nodded and they started grilling the meat and eating.

 

“What do you mean a remix?” Mark asked Hendery and the younger of the two laughed.

 

“Kun ge made a remix version for phantom, so cool!” Hendery replied.

 

“it’s so good Mark hyung!” Chenle added.

 

“I have to hear it first.” Mark was in disbelief, like how could soemone who just got introduced as their manager and composer had come up with a remix?

 

Hendery gave him his earbud and played the demo to which Mark’s jaws dropped.

 

“Cool right?” Xiaojun asked, moving his eyebrows to prove a point and Mark pouted then nodded.

 

“I’m jealous man, I like this.” Mark confessed and it made Xiaojun laugh.

 

“He’s a chill person, maybe you could ask him to help you.” Renjun suggested and Mark raised a brow at him. “You wanted to work on that rap verse right?” Renjun asked and Mark nodded. “This is your moment!” Renjun insisted.

 

“I don’t know, Kun hyung works for Kosmos.” Mark replied.

 

“Ask Taeyong hyung first, maybe he could hook you up with Kun ge.” Chenle supplied.

 

“I’m going to ask him to do some arrangements for me.” Renjun shared.

 

“Me too!” the rest of the kosmos members agreed.

 

“I’ll try.” Mark sighed.

 

 

 

 

-----

 

“You don’t love me anymore!” Taeyong deadasss pouted and Kun was scared how this will end.

 

“Taeyong hyung,  do love you and respect you but I really want to do this with Kun hyung!” Mark reasoned out and the Kwangya leader was frustrated and taken a back. “I’ve worked with you for so long and I know your style but this one, it’s more of Kun Hyung’s style.” Mark argued his case.

 

“Did I just cause a fight?” Kun asked Johnny worriedly who just chuckle.

 

“Taeyong’s just being childish, let him play.” Johnny assured Kun who reluctantly nodded.

 

“But you’re still replacing me, don’t you want me in Kwangya anymore?” Taeyong asked, voice a little hurt.

 

“I’m not saying that hyung.” Mark groaned and then Taeyong laughed loudly.


”I’m Kidding!” Taeyong laughed some more. “You can work with Kun, I’m sure he can help you.” Taeyong added and Kun looked at Taeyong like he grew three heads. “I am sure Mark wanted a different style and he liked yours. Give it a try Kun, Mark is such a joy to work with.” Taeyong encouraged the composer.

 

‘So you’re okay with it right?” Mark asked and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Of course. Now run along and don’t bother me.” Taeyong urged the idol who nodded and smiled before grabbing Kun’s hand and pulling him out of the room and into the studio to do whatever project he has on mind.

 

“You and your theatrics.” Johnny laughed at him and Taeyong joined in.

 

“can’t help it, Mark is so cute!” Taeyong said then sighed. “Kun is really fitting in, I am so happy.” Taeyong remarked. “So what about you?” Taeyong asked Johnny.

 

“Me?” Johnny was confused with the question directed at him.

 

“Yeah, how do you find Kun?” Taeyong asked and Johnny shrugged his shoulders.

 

‘He’s good, really.” Johnny said and Taeyong grinned.

 

“really?”Taeyong teased and it made Johnny roll his eyes.

 

“Stop it Yong,” Johnny whined.

 

“I knew the first time I saw you and Kun talk in this very studio that you are smitten.” Taeyong teased his friend some more.

 

“I was not!” Johnny defended himself.

 

“Who are you convincing Johnny?” Taeyong asked and Johnny sighed.

 

‘Was I obvious?” Johnny asked and Taeyong guffawed at his friend. ‘.” Johnny rubbed his face with the palms of his hands.

 

“Kun seemed to not get it so you can make your move when you’re ready.” Taeyong assured him. “Is he coming to the Japan schedule?” Taeyong asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“Yeah, we need all hands on deck for the awards night.” Johnny replied.

 

“Better brief him, we will all be busy and he needs to take a few of the admin stuff for that. Doie and Jungwoo would need all the help they could get.” Taeyong said and Johnny nodded.

 

“I’ll talk to Kun tomorrow, I’ll let him indulge Mark first.” Johnny said and patted his friend on the thigh before he stood and leave the room.

 

-----

 

Johnny had called Kun over to his office the next day and had inquired the progress of Mark’s request.

 

“It went well, he asked me if he could post something on Instagram, I am not sure of your policy so I told him to ask you.” Kun informed him.

 

“I’ll check on with him about it. Thank you for informing me.” Johnny said with a smile. “So, the kids are going to Japan in a few weeks for one award show and since all three units are flying, you can guess the chaos this is for our team. Usually this period is just a battle field for us so as much as possible, we help out each other.” Johnny explained.

 

“I understand, how can I help?” Kun smiled at him, eager to be useful in any way.

 

“Doie and Jungwoo is in charge of the logistics, can you help them? Taeyong and Yuta usually helps them out but at this point the lovebirds are busy with last minute choreography and costume changes.” Johnny shared and Kun nodded.

 

“Of course I can help out, let me just find them.” Kun said then excused himself.

 

---

 

In the middle of arranging hotel rooms and the vehicle rentals that they had to do to accommodate their 30 plus contingent, Jungwoo squealed like a banshee, making Doyoung throw a pen at him.

 

“Why are you so loud?” Doyoung was having a head ache at this point.

 

“Kun hyung is trending!” Jungwoo shouted and showed Doyoung his phone.

 

“Hugh? Me?” Kun asked curiously and Doyoung screamed as hell, all high notes and even a falsetto.

 

“You are trending!” Doyoung passed the phone and kun was literally confused until he saw the post from Mark, teasing the new project he was doing with their new manager and producer.

 

“Johnny hyung approved this?” Kun asked and Doyoung nodded. “It’s just my back though, why are the fans assuming I look handsome?” Kun asked again and both Jungwoo and Doyoung laughed.

 

“It is because Resonance is known for not only having visual idols but managers as well. Like Taeyong hyung and Jaehyun hyung trended when they accompanied the boys to Music bank.” Jungwoo answered him.

 

“And trust me Kun, when they see you at the airport, you’re going to have a following of your own.” Doyoung added.

 

“That’s weird?” Kun chuckled. “is this how fandom culture works?” Kun asked and both Doyoung and Jungwoo nodded.

 

“Wait till you get to the ships.” Doyoung chuckled.

 

 

---

 

Resonance and their team was bound to fly to Japan and boy Kun wasn’t ready for the onslaught of cameras waiting at the airport. And as one of the managers, his priority would be to keep his boys safe. Ten was in front as he knew this the most and Kun kept at the back, Chenle was in front of him and for added measure, Johnny was near him as this was his first public appearance as Resonance’s manager.

 

“Kun ge.” Chenle called out and Kun quickened his pace and was closer to Chenle as the crowd tried to make their way closer to the idols.

 

It was customary for the younger members to be in between the older ones and this time, Jungmin was in between Donghyuck and Chenle. Kun heard someone shout Gomdoriz but he was too focused to reach Donghyuck and keep  Jungmin away from the hands of some fans.

 

“Kun hyung.” Jungmin whispered and Kun nodded and stood nexxt to him as someone was trying to grab him.

 

After they had entered the private areas of the airport, Kun let out a breath and counted his boys, accounting everyone to be safe and now waiting to board their plane. That was insane, he had never experienced such crowding before.

 

“You okay?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded.

 

‘A little shook but fine.” Kun assured Johnny.

 

“Kun ge, you’re trending.” Chenle called out and Kun was again confused and so he took out his phone to look at his SNS only to groan, what are these people taking because this is outrageous. Johnny took out his phone too and chuckled seeing what the post was all about.

 

So this one is Kun hyung? Like their new manager? He’s a cutie!

 

He was so cute protecting Gomdoriz! Kun is a certified gomparent!

 

We talked about this people.. Johnny is the Gomdad!

  But kun can be gom mom! I ship

 

Oh who said Johnny and kun as gomparentals? Because yes!

 

 

“Gomdoriz?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“The three bears over there.” Johnny pointed to Chenle, Jungmin and Donghyuck.

 

“Oh, they are bears?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded. “and you’re their bear dad?” Kun asked and Johnny cleared his throat.

 

“The fans just does that, they have this family tree or something like Jeno is Jaehyun’s and Doyoung’s son.” Johnny explained.

 

“and you’re a single dad raising three bear cubs?” Kun asked and Johnny laughed.

 

“Yeah, just about sums it up.” Johnny replied.

 

“Well I can help you then. Come on ask me!” Kun said playfully and Johnny gasped.

 

“Kun are you flirting with me?” Johnny whispered and Kun smiled then nodded. “Don’t make me do this Kun, I am a weak man.” Johnny groaned.

 

“Oh, so I read it wrong?” Kun asked and Johnny looked at a pouting Kun.

 

“No. Wait Kun, are you serious?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded.

 

“You’re cute Johnny hyung.” Kun said and then turned to leave but Johnny held his wrist.

 

“are you really serious Kun, cause I don’t want to make this awkward.” Johnny said and Kun loosened his hand then interlaced them with Johnny.

 

“I am serious.” Kun said and led him towards the group.

 

 

---

 

Epilogue

 

“Jungwoo why is that the thumbnail!” Johnny screamed bloody murder.

 

“What? What thumbnail?” jungwoo shouted back. “oh the gomdoriz thumbnail?” Jungwoo asked and Johnny glared at him. “Oh please, the fans loved it! It’s trending.” Jungwoo pointed out.

 

‘Why are you even feeding their delusions?” Johnny sighed, he feels an impending headache coming.

 

“This is the least you can do to thank your fans, without them shipping you and Kun hyung, you won’t even confess hyung!” Jungwoo pointed it out. “It’s not even my idea, it’s your sons who chose that and insisted on using it.” Jungwoo emphasized. “oh and they are on IG live.: Jungwoo announced and he sashayed away.

 

Johnny sighed and when he opened the IG live, he knew that headache could turn into a migrane, but what can he do, he love his bear cubs.

 

“Hello we are gomdoriz! Our sub-unit has just released the behind cuts and you seemed to like it a lot.” Donghyuck chuckled as he saw the influx of the comment.

 

“We chose the thumbnail specifically.” Chenle piped in then read some comments. “Oh Jungmin, it was your first time working with Kun ge, how was it?” Chenle asked and Jungmin smiled happily.

 

“It was really fun, he’s amazing like how can he do those arrangements in such a short time. He’s also helpful during recording.” Jungmin shared.

 

“And the food!” Donghyuck chirped.

 

“Yeah Kun ge cooks amazing Chinese dishes.” Chenle shared.

 

“I was in heaven when I tasted it!” Jungmin added.

 

“Who was the strict parent?” Donghyuck read. “are you asking us about our gom dads?” Donghyuck clarified.

 

“Definitely Kun ge.” Chenle answered.

 

“Oh he was super strict during the recording!” Jungmin added. “But he gives such soft cuddles. I love Kun hyung’s cuddles.” Jungmin said and the two nodded.

 

“Oh we should also praise Johnny hyung.” Chenle said sheepishly reading the comment kun gave on the live.

 

“Why?” Donghyuck asked and Jungmin pointed out the comment. “oh yeah, Johnny hyung was the fun dad I guess. But no nonsense when it comes to work.” Donghyuck said.

 

“They both are. And I guess there’s balance in them, like watch the behind cuts, they are so in tune with each other.” Chenle spoiled.

 

“yes you’re right.” Jungmin laughed.

 

 

Johnny snickered, his bunch is a menace most of the times, but he loves them. He closed the live and walked out of the room, he’ll need to pick up his boyfriend for their dinner date, he’ll thank the kids and the fans later, maybe tease about him and kun but who knows.

 

 

---

 

A/n: this was all over the place but I had to write it down