Unexpectedly

Farewell

 

*Kevin’s POV*

-! What Am I supposed to do now? - I looked back at Kyung Mi who was looking like she would faint any second –I can’t tell her now, she’ll go ballistic! - I looked at her once again, Starting from her beautiful brown eyes, to her nose, her cheeks and lastly her pink kissable lips putting everything into my memory knowing that this will be the last time I’ll see her beautiful face... –Mianhe, Kyung Mi, my princess but I have to do this, to save you…-

“Oppa! Slow down will you?”

I stared straight ahead blinking back the tears that were forming in my eyes. –I have to do this-

“No, this is fun~!” I said, forcing myself to sound calm and a little optimistic, even though it’s the opposite of what I truly feel.

She started whimpering. “Ani it’s not! Please it’s too scary~”

Tell me you love me first~” -For the last time-

“I love you, oppa!” she told me, her tone full of affection which made me tear up again. “Now can you please slow down?” I noticed how panicked she was right now. –I want to but…sorry I can’t…-

“Hug me will you Kyung Mi-ah?” she did as she was told and hugged me. She buried her face in my back and I can feel her relax a bit. – There you go…stay comfortable just like that~”

“Kyung Mi?” I asked, trying to maintain my coolness.

“Hmm?”

“Take my helmet, wear it…”

She pulled away and peeked at my face. “What! Wae?”

“Just do what I tell you” I simply replied. She hesitated but removed the helmet and wore it.

“Happy?” she asked, her voice a little irritated. “What else would you want me to do before you slow down?”

“Smile for me, will you?”

“Like this??”

I looked at her and saw her smiling dorkily which made me laugh. –Beautiful, too bad…I won’t be seeing that anymore-

I nodded slowly and sighed, “Yeah just like that…”

“*sigh* anything more? Or are you done telling me to things which you don’t normally do on a bike…?”

I felt really guiltyor not telling her what was happening. But I don’t want her to get hurt. I love her so much…I’m willing to sacrifice my life for her…

I stayed silent quite for some time, contemplating the words forming inside my head. My last goodbye to her…

“Oppa? Is there something wrong? You’ve gone quiet…?” I heard say quietly, voice full of worry. –This is the last time I’ll hear your angelic voice…-

“I love you!” I said in a serious tone, but full of confidence and love.- My last one…-

She laughed. “Silly oppa! I know that already!” –The last laugh I will get-

Even though it’s hard to say goodbye I forced myself to do it.

“Kyung Mi, listen~ I always wanted you to know that~ Well…you were the best thing that ever happened in my life…please remember that okay? Whatever happens remember that oppa loves you so much…I…” I stopped throat tightening, tears threatening to come out, but I forced myself to continue, feeling that our end is near as I approach the city, where the tall buildings stand and that’s when I got the idea. I spot a wall 20 meters away from us and as I get closer I saw it was an old building –decent enough- KyungMi~ I will ALWAYS love you, even if I don’t get to be with you anymore…” I stared straight ahead, the wall getting closer and closer, the space between it and us getting smaller and smaller.

“Oppa~!!!” KyungMi hugged me tighter, realizing what’s happening. “Please~ don’t do it…”

“I’m so sorry, SARANGHAE~” was the last thing I said before I felt the impact of the wall, breaking my bones but even if it causes me so much pain I tried my best to shield her, protect her . We landed on the cold asphalt road, feeling the weight of my head, the warm blood spilling from it, and my eyes drooping as I feel the blackness now trying to swallow me in and before I closed them I let myself see her face, did all my will power to lift my hand and brush her neck and lean into her, savoring the moment as the blackness swallowed me~

Kyung Mi”

The End~