One Shot

Illuminat-ed illusion



👁



"Who is it?"

“It's not a person, or a country, but it’s the one who controls the world, each one of us.”

Namjoon explains and then takes two sips from a glass of he didn't know what: a green and blue liquor. He said he wanted to have a private talk and drink, and woke Yoongi up at two in the morning first with a phone call, then with two; by the fourth Yoongi reluctantly gets dressed and drives to one of the least pompous bars of the Korean metropolis. A closed and empty place, except for him and Namjoon who decided to start drinking before clarifying the reason for the meeting, without TV or ambiance music; on a table near the window with two white light bulbs lit above them. Yoongi felt dazed and dizzy without having a drop.

“Where is it?”

"That’s... hard to explain."

Yoongi tries to distract himself picking at the lint in the pockets of his jacket. With each minute he felt more irritated and really, he just wanted to leave.

“I don’t get you man.”

"I know, sorry. I just feel so... tired and fed up with everything. I feel like I can’t take it anymore.”

Again he poured green liquid that clinks the half melted ice against the glass. Yoongi crossed his arms and reclined against the back of the chair.

"If you're gonna keep beating around the bush...”

"I'm not ing with you, I saw it.

“There are two groups of people within each country. One that only wants to live in peace, and the other that feeds off the first. The people and the rulers; the real rulers, that are not presidents or any other politician. They are the Shadow Government, and there’s one in each country, but they’re all parts of one single, big parasite.” Namjoon makes a small pause until Yoongi finishes laughing, “They govern, manipulate, torture, kill, revive and kill again. They are the ones who control the government that everybody knows, in secret, in the subconscious. You don't know it exists, but it has too much control over your life."

"And I think you’re ing nuts."

“I won’t deny it, but if I have a truth to tell you is that people don’t want and never wanted war. The Shadow Government makes us believe that danger is another person who is exactly like us, someone that only wants to live in peace. They brainwash us to see a brother as an enemy, they instigate one country against another as in a dog fight. The innocents annihilate each other while the true criminals of all countries laugh and eat at the same table. They sit on their luxury seats to enjoy the show and of course they enjoy it, you can be sure of that."

"The thing is I don't believe you. What you’re saying makes no ing sense, because you can’t blame a single entity of all the problems and all evil in the world. Because it's how it had to happen, get me? Because the truth is that the human is and that’s why the world is .”

"I don't think the human is ."

“Please, it’s all money and and power, right? What else there is? We both have our place in the hierarchy and there’re many above and many below. The winners rule the losers and it’s always going to be like that. There’s nothing else.”

"I'm telling you that they’re not winners or losers, they’re behind it a-”

“And I’m telling you that I don't believe your !”

“Do you think this is the world that people want?! Do you think this ty life... is the life the majority votes for? Don't you realize it’s all a theatre play? And for your information, they're the ones behind each single economic crisis to force many into unscapable poverty, so that we never get rid of it."

"Even if it were so," Yoongi says with a slight tremor in his fingers, "it wouldn’t be my fault."

“It IS! It’s on you and me and on everyone who refuses to see the ing reality! All who keep waging wars between themselves without realizing that the enemy is inside and has always been! They force us to kill, but tell me, who’s the one who obeys? Who’s the real murderer, the hitman or the boss? The soldier or the general? Who gets their hands dirty? And who get dismembered in their own homes by atomic bombs?”

“Shut the up you imbecile, as if it were that simple-”

“It's this simple, if we stop playing their game, it’s over. We don’t need it. It’s just a part of you that has to cut off the other. And the other is a parasite, that dies if you don't feed it. We don’t need to kill, we don’t need a war, we don’t need protests or revolutions or associations. It's just that people have to know who are the real rulers, then they have to stop giving them power, and take it themselves.”

He wanted to have something to counter with, but nothing was going through his mind at that moment. Only a white noise that wanted to block any word out of his ears. Yoongi shakes his head and gets up from the chair, hesitating, but with his feet heading to the door. Namjoon also stands up and says:

"I’m at my limit, I know you too. I tell you this because I can't stand not to say it.”

He didn’t know why, but within Yoongi a sudden and violent fury starts to beat in his blood like the fastest poison. Like something awful filled with acid that makes you squirm and want to hit whomever you have in front. The pinches turn into fists in his pockets and he doesn’t say anything just not to curse, and also, because Namjoon wasn’t done.

“The Shadow Government tells us that we have to kill for God, the nation, honor, security; they’re all lies. They lie to us so that we get busy killing each other and never see them, who are ing evil personified. They’re a disease that all countries have without realizing it.”

"I also can’t believe that you got me up to listen to this bull."

"My soul hurts with each word I tell you," says Namjoon before taking the last sip of his glass.

Of course he realized. Every day he felt sicker, unhappier, more scared and more ashamed of himself. A silent pain that was invisible never showing itself to the eye but always felt. And hope was beacon in the fog, another lie, the most insidious. A hoax that you don't want to lose.

"It's the people that rule.”

"You’re lying to yourself, Yoongi, you know it.”

He knew it? What did he know? In that moment he felt like he didn’t know anything. Namjoon puts both hands on the back of the chair; it was obvious he barely kept his balance, and the alcohol also showed in his babbling voice and maddened words.

“Justice has been dead for centuries; it’s a secret that everyone knows, but nobody wants to assimilate. It’s too awful. But this can’t go on, it has to end ... I declare it.”

"You're just going to get yourself killed."

"Then you're going to live next to corpse. I hope it serves as a reminder, ‘cause it could very well be you who kills me.” That place suddenly felt very sinister, with the darkness swirling in the corners and silence pressing the walls." Namjoon smiles and adds: "It’s a world where nobody wants to be a loser, but that is designed to have as many losers as possible; that’s why everyone wants to kill themselves. But the system is gonna fall soon, I know it.”

Then Yoongi listens to Namjoon's cheerful laughter. He really feels chills to see such a familiar scene this time so wrapped in madness. Then he turns around and gets out of the bar and his soles hit hard against the concrete until he gets to his car and finally gets the hell out of there, something he should have done since Namjoon began to speak; or rather, he shouldn't even have come. He glances at his wristwatch that visualized the sad hour he’d lost for his preaching and feels even more angry; he was so pissed he could explode, and hits the horn to no one in particular. He just wanted to go to bed and get back to sleep.


















































*dramatic music stops*
Potato