Final

The Girl at the Counter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi’s gaze was immediately caught by the raven-haired woman as soon as she stepped inside. She walked to her, a smile on her lips. Seulgi felt something jabbing her ribs gently. She looked next to her, it was Seungwan. She must have been staring for too long.

“I know she’s really pretty, but please, Seulgi, don’t stare at strangers like that.”

Seulgi didn’t say anything. She looked at the woman, Joohyun. And she smiled at her.

“Hey.” Joohyun almost whispered, biting her lips slightly.

“Hi.” Seulgi mumbled, her cheeks obviously red.

Seungwan looked at them in awe. Seulgi was like a high school girl talking to her crush at the moment.

The two baristas had known each other for two years or so. They met at the same coffee shop. They hung out a lot. Seungwan and Seulgi immediately became close.  Seungwan had started working a few months after Seulgi. But she quickly became the right-hand woman of the manager. Seulgi didn’t mind. She didn’t care, she was a barista. Nothing else. Seungwan took that opportunity to discover new things.

 

Seulgi was a really nice girl. She was clumsy, but whenever she was at work, that side of her disappeared, most of it at least. Seulgi loved her job, and everyone could see it. Seungwan did too. But it wasn’t what she wanted to do her whole life. She liked it here. Maybe she would like it better somewhere else.

 “W-What can I do for you?” Seulgi cleared after stuttering on the first word.

Joohyun let out a giggle. “A latte please.” She said before putting money on the counter and then walked away to sit down.

Seungwan quickly grabbed Seulgi’s arm, making her look at her.

“Have you seen how she looked at you?” Seulgi tilted her head, confused. “Seulgi, you can’t be that blind.”

“What’s with her?” The older woman asked and started preparing Joohyun’s order.

“She was flirting.” Seungwan said as if it was supposed to be obvious.

“Wan, she only ordered a coffee.” Seulgi slightly shook her head.”

“With her eyes.”

Seulgi chuckled, amused by her friend’s behaviour. She knew it. She cast a glance at Joohyun, who was sitting near the window. And she smiled. She finished making the coffee and was about to walk to Joohyun when a familiar voice interrupted her.

“Yerim, please, focus.” Seungwan whined.

Seulgi looked at them, curious about what was happening. Yerim was cleaning the counter after spilling something. Yerim was a university student. She was working part-time here. She was making a bit of money, helping her with her studies. Seungwan watched the young girl. She wasn’t angry at her. Everyone could be clumsy, and Yerim wasn’t a disaster. She was hard-working. And she was doing really well for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter