001

Ocean Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On this ocean blue, it could've been me and you.  

On this ocean blue, it could've been me and you.  

On this ocean blue, it could've been me and you.  

 

Each night, Hyoyeon would always walk towards the shore, as it gave her a full view of the ocean. She liked how the sun would reflect on the water as it is clear as glass—you can even compare it to a mirror as you can see your own reflection. Perhaps Hyoyeon sees the ocean as a mirror—it lets you see your reflection, but other than that, you would never see a glimpse of your own truth. You would never see your own lies, but you would see your eyes, and your eyes would never lie. Hyoyeon knows the ocean has its own secrets; she's sure it has; after all, everyone has secrets to hide. Hyoyeon has seen one of the ocean's secrets, though.  

 

It was a summer night, the night was cold, and so was the atmosphere inside the house where Hyoyeon is staying for the rest of the summer, as the unending bickering of her parents would not stop. She decided to stroll around—walking with bare feet as she felt the cold breeze once again—when she heard someone singing their hearts out. She followed where the voice was coming from; it was from a person that was sitting on the huge rock. Hyoyeon was surprised that the person wasn't sitting on the hammock, as it's more comfortable to do so, but then again, she would also do the same. She sighed and stayed 5 meters away from the person who was singing. She didn't dare to move; she was enjoying each moment.  

 

It has been 3 days since Hyoyeon heard the voice, and for those 3 days, every night she would stay on the spot, hoping to hear the person sing once again. On the fourth night, it seems like luck is on her side. She found a little courage to walk closer, but the person noticed her; the latter didn't move from its position. They waited until Hyoyeon settled into a comfortable position before singing once again. After singing, the person didn't waste any time leaving. She hurriedly walked—it was not a walk, it was a crawl—back to the water. Hyoyeon is sure; she has seen it with her two eyes.  

 

Days turned into weeks, and Hyoyeon has been patiently waiting for the creature to come back, and it did. But this time it was earlier than before—the creature would always come every midnight on the same spot. It was odd for Hyoyeon, but she didn't pay much attention. The creature sang, and people who heard her voice would fall in love, that's for sure, but that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter