Top Secret

Secrets

A/N: Hello,the 1st chapter is ready! A short update with an introduction to our main character. We will learn more about Jennie's seemingly agent role and a sneak peak of Jisoo's Chaebol life in the next update. Byebees!

-----------------------------------------------------

"Alright, good take. It's a wrap!"

The tense atmosphere in the studio was finally replaced by light hearted chatter and noise. Jennie packed up her stuff and headed out after thanking actress Kang Seulgi, the model for the upcoming issue of Vogue Korea, and the crew. She was so ready to end her day with dinner and a glass of wine after being called in for a last minute shoot by her company to replace the photographer who went on urgent leave. 

She still wasn't used to such improptu job calls even though it had already been two years since she worked as a freelance photographer. Despite that, she was feeling proud that she had the opportunity to take photos for Vogue Korea magazine. She pulled out her camera to once again admire her work and was utterly impressed by the pictures that she had taken.

I could actually be a real photographer if I decide to quit. 

Busy with her internal monologue and admiration of her work, she failed to notice someone who busy on the phone, walking behind her. The said person bumped into Jennie from behind which sent her camera flying out from her hands and towards the intern who was pushing a trolley towards the studio. The shatter of glass could be heard and that meant that Jennie's $3000 lens had to be replace.

Unfortunately for Jennie, the person who bumped into her was oblivious about the incident. The person mumbled a quick sorry before returning to the conversation on their phone which made Jennie fuming mad. She took her camera and chased the said person who was waiting for the elevator. She turned the person around and was almost smittened by that person's beauty but did not forget what she needed to do. 

The woman, who bumped into Jennie, apologised to her client whom she was talking to on the phone before hanging up. The woman looked at Jennie firmly which had an air of authority.

"I know I bumped into you and have already apologised. Shouldn't you be the one that is mindful to actually not look at your camera while walking?"

Jennie couldn't deny which almost kept shut but still she needed a compensation. 

"It still doesn't change the fact that you bumped into me and indirectly damaged my lens!"

The woman paused, not wanting to show any reaction. Not that she was financially incapable of compensating, in fact, she had a disposable income that could easily replace an entire camera. She was nonetheless bothered because she was in the midst of an important phone call deal. To save her the trouble from being involved in such trivial matters, she took the photographer's phone that was peeking out from the front jeans pocket, unlocked it by holding it in front of Jennie's face and opened the digital bank app so that she could transfer money. 

"Now that I have compensated you, I have to go." With that, the seemingly rich chaebol turned her heels and left after returning Jennie's phone.

Jennie was beyond dumbfounded. Everything happened so quickly. She looked at her phone and saw a SMS notification from the bank that there was a deposit of $1000. 

"That isn't enough you ignorant fellow!" She shouted into thin air and screamed in frustration as the chaebol had long left. She could only blame on her bad luck and decided to leave the building immediately. 

On her way out, she received a message:

We 5hall meet in the place where there is no darkn3ss. 

-------------------

It should be this

She pulled the book out as soon as she saw the book titled 1984 by George Orwell. There, she saw her superior, Senior Agent Yong, at the opposite end of the bookshelf. They made eye contact and the conversation soon began. 

"Intel has given us a new lead."

Jennie flipped to page 53 and saw a picture of that ignorant beauty earlier in the day.

"Am I to get close to her?" 

"It should be quite easy. She is Gyeongju Corp's current CEO. They will be having a dinner party to celebrate their company's 20th anniversary. Yeri has already hired your company for the photoshoot. You should be notified soon."

Jennie briefly scanned the details of CEO Kim Jisoo and shooked her head.

"Geez, they are so rich yet they still resort to illegal means."

"Humans are greedy by nature. Haven't you learnt anything from your previous case, Agent Kim?"

With that her superior walked away, pretending to look for other books. Jennie took it as a sign to leave too, but not forgetting to borrow the book out from the library as the information to the new case was definitely scattered throughout the pages.