I Like You Noona

Hand In Hand

JR stood patiently outside the bathroom, waiting for Yoonji. They had come with a few other friends to watch a movie. He was surprised

when she agreed to tag a long, every time the boy would approach her she would distance herself.


 He would occasionally surprise her with a back hug and whisper “Noona~” in her ear. Yoonji would immediately tear herself away,

always leaving him heartbroken. But not today. He decided on his own that he would tell her his true feelings and risk the rejection.

Already prepared for the worst his mind became empty when she stepped out of the bathroom.



“Jonghyun?” she raised a brow, “Are you okay?”

“Huh?” he snapped out of his daze, “Uh, yeah I’m fine.”

She gave him an odd look, “Okay…Where is everyone else?” she looked around.

“They left.” he answered quickly, “I volunteered to stay.” he smiled.

“Aw, you didn’t have to JR.” she ruffled his hair.



His heart skipped a beat when she touched him.

“I did!” he straightened up, “You can’t walk home alone noona, it’s dangerous to let girls walk home alone.”

She chuckled, “You don’t think I can get home by myself?”

“It’s not that but…I wouldn’t be a gentleman if I let you.” he said confidently.

Yoonji hid her blushing face, “Well, let’s go then. It’s already dark.”

He nodded and they exited the movie theater. JR felt his palms getting sweaty, recalling his friends’ advice before they had left the pair

alone.



Just go for it.

Stop being a little , grow a pair, and tell her how you feel.

If you don’t go after her, I will.

 

“JR!” Yoonji grabbed his arm and yanked him back. A car zoomed past them, the driver shouting out profanities and honking.

JR broke out of his daze as he fell on the pavement, Yoonji groaned as she fell right next to him.

“JR!” she scolded him. “What is-”


 

“You’re bleeding noona!” JR scrambled up to his knees and held her elbow.

“I’m fine!” she hissed when he blew cold air on the scrape.

“I’m so sorry!” he stood up and carried her in his arms.

“JONGHYUN!” she squealed, red faced, “Put me down!”



He ignored her as he quickly jogged to the nearest convenience store. Putting her on the bench he told her to wait and ran inside. Yoonji

wiped away the dripping blood from the wound, whimpering every time she would press down too hard.

“I’m sorry noona!” JR came back and kneeled in front of her, digging through a plastic bag.



He took out a alcohol pad and tore it open.

“This might sting.” he said softly. Yoonji clenched her fist as he cleaned her scrape. He pulled out a small tube and sprayed a bit of the

antibiotic on her cut.

She stared at him as he tended to her. Yoonji never told him how she felt about him. Every time he even got within a foot of her she

would get so shy and flustered.



Truth was she loved how he would back hug her, how he said noona in his whiny voice, his smile…

“There, all done.” he grinned as he neatly placed the Hello Kitty band aid on her.

Yoonji let out a chuckle, “I know you like Hello Kitty.” he admitted, tossing the plastic bag in the trash can near them.



“Thank you.” she looked up at him.

He shook his head, “No, I should be thanking you.” he ran the tip of his shoe along the sidewalk. “If it wasn’t for you, I’d probably be in

the hospital right now.”


“Are you okay?” she saw a bright red streak across his forearm. Reaching out she frowned as she held on to him gently.



“It doesn’t hurt…” he gulped, she had never been so caring with him before.

Without thinking she placed a small kiss on the skin. JR’s face reddened and his eye widened. Yoonji didn’t look up at him and stayed

frozen on the spot.

“Uhm…I should probably go…” she stood up and started walking away.

JR grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, placing his lips on hers.



Yoonji couldn’t breathe as he wrapped both arms around her waist. She followed suit, putting hers around his neck. JR smiled, feeling

his heart beat faster. As they pulled away their eyes met and Yoonji buried her face into his chest.

“Are you okay noona?” he asked softly.

She giggled, “Oh gosh…” Yoonji lifted her head up.

JR chuckled, “I’m sorry…Noona.” he pulled away and held her hands.

Yoonji continued to stare at him. “I like you.” he declared.



She went wide eyed, “Wha-”

“And I know, you probably think of me as just a kid but…I really like you noona. I can’t do much, but…No one will care for you as much

as I do! And-and…I can protect you.” He looked down at her, his eyes letting her know that he meant every word.



Yoonji gulped, “Do you like me too noona?” he put his forehead against hers.

“Yes.” she smiled, “I like you too Jonghyun, I really do.”

He exhaled, relived that she returned the feeling.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he straightened up.

Yoonji blushed, “You can’t tell me no!” he suddenly said.

“You told me you liked me too, and you kissed me back.” he pointed out.

She laughed, “I wasn’t going to say no.” she cupped his face.

“Yes Jonghyun, I’ll be your girlfriend.” she answered.

“YES!” He twirled her around, “SHE SAID YES!” he yelled.

“JR!” she squealed.



“I’m sorry.” he chuckled. He put her back down with his arms still around her.

“You don’t know how happy I am right now noona.” he placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Probably as about as happy as I am.” she smiled.

“Come on, it’s late.”

He pecked her lips once more before they walked hand in hand back home.