final

Say Yes

Ten wasn't even surprised when Johnny had called him for a bestie emergency, Sicheng only laughed at him because they both knew this emergency is basically Johnny panicking about Kun.

 

“I thought they stopped being idiots.” Ten sighed as he put on his jacket.

 

“As if they’d stop being one.” Sicheng chuckled then gave his fiance a kiss before Ten was out of the door.

 

Ten wasn’t surprised to see a panicked Johnny pacing in front of his car at a mall parking lot so he sighed and walked up to the taller then poked his back, eliciting a shriek from the older.

 

“what is up with you Ten!” Johnny clutched his shirt, he was sure that he just had a heart attack.

 

“nothing, what is up with you?” Ten threw the question back. “Let me guess? Kun?” Ten asked and Johnny nodded.

 

“We’re not breaking up I promise.” Johnny quickly relayed. “I just.. is it too early to propose?” Johnny asked and it made Ten grin.

 

‘You idiot, let’s get that ring.” Ten said and dragged all 6ft of Johnny towards the jeweler.

 

 

---

 

Kun and Johnny loves a good karaoke night cause you can belt out the steam from work. They go to this club from time to time because there is a stage set up for those who like to sing some songs in the machine and the patrons were really supportive no matter how good or bad the performer's voice.

 

Kun had lined up his song and so did Johnny and they ordered some food as they waited for their turn.

 

“Next song is  Jay Chou’s Love confession.” The MC announced and everyone cheered as Kun took the stage.

 

“Hello everyone, this song is for my partner in life.” Kun said and loud cheers erupted as Kun blushed at the words he just said.

 

Johnny beamed at Kun, he could understand the song because he had learned Mandarin for Kun and fact that Kun often sings it to him. Watching the younger declare his love for him so publicly strengthened the desire in him to take their relationship into the next logical level.

 

He knows everyone was waiting for them to take a dive into a relationship 2 years back, but was it happening to fast for them at the moment? Would Kun want him the way he does? If Ten was here, he’ll probably splash him with whatever in his glas sto ing wake up and just propose so good thing Ten wasn’t here.

 

Johnny was pulled from his musing when the audience cheered for Kun and the MC called out johnny’s song. Johnny asked Kun to join him to sing the song and that confused him because Johnny’s kind of song are those one direction songs so he can act like the cool one and charm everyone.

 

“stay?” Johnny asked and Kun smiled and nodded, bracing himself for what makes you beautiful because the older was cheesy that way.

 

But as soon as the first chord played, Kun was confused, was that a Taylor swift song?

 

 

“Take it as a practice when we attend the concert.” Johnny winked at him.

 

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes and the flashback starts

I’m standing there on the balcony in summer air

 

 Johnny started and Kun snorted, Johnny was so cheesy most of the times

 

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles,

 And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"

And I was crying on the staircase Begging you, "Please don't go"

And I said...

 

Kun’s voice had always been captivating and Johnny will never tire of hearing him sing. Kun was smiling while singing, his dimple was showing and if Johnny hadn’t  fallen in love the first time, he sure is falling harder now.

 

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.

I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run

You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess

 

 Kun extended his hand and Johnny took them and kissed it.

 

It’s a love story, baby just say “yes”

 

Johnny finished the chorus and Kun chuckled at how cliched Johnny is, but he love him for all he is.

 

I got tired of waiting

Wondering if you were ever coming around.

My faith in you was fading

When I met you on the outskirts of town.

 And I said…

This is it, Johnny was about to pull something and he hopes Kun would not run away. The crowd was into the performance, they were enjoying it, he just hopes it’ll end the way he had planned it.

 

Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone.

I keep waiting for you but you never come.

Is this in my head? I don't know what to think.

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said..

 

 Kun was into the song and he closed his eyes as he sang but as he opened them to look at Johnny for the last chorus, he gasped.

 

Johnny really knelt into the ground, a blue velvet box opened and he was smiling so wide.

 

Marry me, Qian Kun, you'll never have to be alone.

I love you, and that's all I really know.

I talked to your dad ‒ go pick out a white Suit

 

Johnny was trembling as he sang, the crowd was screaming in delight, and Kun dropped the mic he was holding as he approached Johnny, tears running down his eyes.

 

“Say yes!” The crowd chanted

 

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

 

 

“Yes!” Kun still had the perfect timing as Johnny inserted the ring, stood and kissed him, the cheers and applauses echoing in their ears.

 

“Cause we were both young when I first saw you!” The crowd finished for them and in a blur, they were glomped by their friends, happy but crying.

 

“You are so sappy I love it!” Ten remarked and Sicheng hugged Kun, congratulating him.

 

“perfect timing gege.” Sicheng remarked and Kun laughed as he nod.

 

“Thank you so much everyone.” Kun shouted. “I’ll surprise you one of these days.” He then whispered to Johnny before pulling him into a kiss.