Out of Place

Memorable Staycation
Please log in to read the full chapter

You had taken a few days off of work to have a nice little staycation and to see Oneus in the city next to the one you lived in. As you had four days off and the concert was obviously only on one of them, you determined that you needed to do something on one of the other days rather than just sitting at home. Because of this, you ended up googling things to do Lexington and found a bunch of things that you didn't know about. Someone had even made a walking tour guide that would take you to parks, historical buildings, and various landmarks downtown. You decided to take the walking tour and found a sufficient place to park before leaving. You also wanted to take a backpack with some water bottles, a small first aid kit, and sunblock. Of course, you didn't forget your wallet and phone as well.

You arrived at the parking garage at 8:30 in the morning. It was forecasted to be a nice day which was good, but you had packed a small umbrella in your backpack just in case. It was a relatively mild day so far.

By 10:30AM, you had walked around one park, two landmarks, and had made it to a small museum although you weren't sure that was quite the right word. It was more like a room filled with factual exerpts with a handfull of related items. Still, you had all day so you took your time looking at everything and reading the exerpts. There were two other people in the room as well but they walked through quickly then headed back out. You guessed it would be less busy during the week anyway.

Ten minutes later, as you were finishing reading the last excerpt on the wall, you heard the attendant greet someone else who came in. The first thing that caught your attention was that the responding voice sounded vaguely familiar. They were still in the hallway outside of the room so you weren't able to see them yet but you already decided to linger around to see who it was.

I am such a stalker right now. You thought as you listened to the footsteps get closer to the doorway. However, they stopped short. You supposed they were looking at the excerpts in the hallway leading up to the room. You were curious, but didn't want to look like a stalker so you waited where you were.

Someone spoke.

You froze, not wanting to believe your ears, but when a second familiar voice also responded in Korean, you knew that some of the members of Oneus were there. Your mind started racing. Why were they in your cit

Please log in to read the full chapter