End (1/3)

Midlife Crisis

"Congratulations, Kim Jongwoon-ssi. You're eight weeks pregnant!"

 

Jongwoon felt like the world was plunged into darkness as the doctor's news bounced inside his head. Pregnant...? Him...?

 

"D-Doctor, are you sure that the blood test result is correct...? I mean, I'm not young anymore and it was only once... How did I get pregnant?"

"Well, I don't know about your circumstance but you're definitely pregnant. It's still in an early stage so you should be very careful with your health. Where's your Alpha? Please call them in so I can explain everything at once."

"Alpha..."

 

He bit his lip and clenched his fists on the lap.

 

"...No, I'm alone."

.

.

.

.

Two months ago...

 

 

" this life! What the hell did I do wrong to deserve all of this bull...?"

 

Jongwoon cursed loudly and slammed a soju bottle on the table. Even though today is his thirty-ninth birthday, absolutely nothing good happened to him. First of all, his Alpha mate cheated on him with a younger Omega man because he couldn't get pregnant, even though they had been together for more than a decade. Second of all, he got fired from his job because he punched a president's son, even though he was defending himself from the bastard Alpha. Third of all, his long-time mate secretly sold their house behind his back and ran away with the money. Last of all, he didn't have a job, money, or a place to live. He really hit rock bottom in a day. He was estranged from his parents and he didn't have any close friends (all thanks to his bastard Alpha mate who manipulated him and made him cut contact with everyone). Truly, he was very stupid when he was young. He knew that his parents would gladly welcome him back but he didn't have any face to meet them in this pitiful state. So, he decided to waste his remaining saving on clubbing and alcohol and drank until he forgot about all the problems...

 

 

"An Omega who can't get pregnant is no different from the trash. Who would want you?" 

 

 

The jerk Alpha's insult flashed through his mind and he almost failed to stop himself from throwing the bottle. Of course, that trash knew that he craved love and acceptance more than anything so the Alpha used it to attack his self-esteem. Jongwoon furiously rubbed his eyes, refusing to shed tears for a scum. No! He knew that his looks weren't bad so, if he wanted to, he could easily find a new Alpha! For example, that handsome young man in a black suit who sat at a large table guarded by a few scary men in sunglasses. Jongwoon abruptly stood up and strode to that table with drunken steps. However, the bodyguards noticed him and pushed him away before he reached his target. Jongwoon fell to the floor and cursed. But before he got to try again, a large hand appeared before his eyes and gently helped him up. He stared at the gorgeous Alpha in front of him and felt his gland get warmer. The taller man had curly brown hair and calm brown eyes that matched really well with his fair skin. His gaze fell to a cute mole beneath the man's right eye and his heart suddenly skipped a beat.

 

"Are you alright? Do you want me to take you to a hospital?"

"I love your mole, so damn y."

 

Jongwoon grasped the Alpha stranger's collar and yanked him down to taste the full lips. Ha! He will prove to that scum that he still has it in him to seduce an Alpha! He wrapped his arms around the taller man's torso and released his pheromone of freshly baked bread to entice the Alpha. It was very effective. Immediately after that, the handsome Alpha kissed back and overwhelmed him with his own pheromone of rich red wine, causing Jongwoon to moan in response. He practically climbed on the Alpha's body and locked his legs around the stranger's hip, begging coquettishly to be taken...

 

 

After that, he regained some sense again two days later with countless lewd marks and hickeys on his exhausted body. He spent five minutes unclasping the Alpha's octopus arms off of himself and another five minutes recalling what happened. Feeling ashamed of his drunken self, he hurriedly left the luxurious hotel and ran away without knowing anything about his temporary mate...

.

.

.

.

"...How did I get pregnant from a one-night stand but not with my old mate of fifteen years? Ha. I should've known that I'm perfectly normal and it was the scum's fault."

 

 

Back at his tiny apartment, Jongwoon rubbed his tummy absentmindedly while recalling a passionate night when this life inside him began to conceive. After running away, he realized that he shouldn't throw his life away and started working at a convenience store. He rented a cheap apartment to live by himself and he was ready to start from the zero, only to find out one morning after feeling dizzy and nauseous that he wasn't alone anymore...

 

"Baby... You shouldn't choose me as your mommy... I can't even take care of myself..."

 

Jongwoon pursed his lips. The doctor did tell him that he could get an abortion if he wanted. Logically, he should do that so this poor child didn't have to be born without a father and grow up with an unreliable mother. However, after being under the jerk Alpha mate's control for most of his life, this baby was the first and only thing that he could call his own and give love unconditionally.

 

 

In the end, he decided to keep the baby and started to look for a stable career.

 

****************************************************

 

One month later...

 

 

After applying for a job everywhere painstakingly, a company finally called him in for an interview and he was accepted as a temporary secretary of the president. Lee Hyukjae, the former secretary and his interviewer told him that his Omega mate was pregnant so he asked for leave to take care of him. The contrast between their situations made him almost snort at his misfortune. He knew that he would be alone all his life so he stopped daydreaming about a perfect family he would never have.

 

"Jongwoon-ssi, this is President Cho Kyuhyun and you'll work for him starting today. Boss, this is the new guy who'll replace me while I take care of Hae-ah! His name is Kim Jongwoon, a thirty-nine years old Omega."

"... It's my pleasure to meet you, President Cho."

 

Jongwoon greeted his new employer politely but he was actually screaming in his heart. What the hell!? Out of all the millions of people in Seoul, why did his new boss happen to be the guy who he had a fling with!!? He might be wasted that night but no way he couldn't recognize that gorgeous face and the charming mole under the right eye. He secretly observed the tall Alpha and froze when Cho Kyuhyun smiled at him. Then, a warm and larger hand came to hold his to shake it.

 

"Nice to meet you, Jongwoon-ssi. I hope my messy workload won't scare you off."

"I'll do my best to meet your expectation, Sir."

"No need to be stiff! You're older than me, right? Feel free to call me by my name and I'll call you Jongwoon hyung too."

"If you said so, um, Kyuhyun...?"

 

His heart skipped a beat at the Alpha's dazzling smile, so bright that he couldn't look at it directly. Why did his body get flustered so easily around this guy? Is it because they had before? Or because he was carrying this guy's baby? Speaking of the baby... Jongwoon waited until Lee Hyukjae left them alone to bring up this topic, not because he wanted the Alpha to take responsibility but for the sake of his job.

 

"Um, Kyuhyun... There's something very crucial that I must inform you about before we start... The truth is, I'm pregnant... Kyuhyun!!"

 

Kyuhyun choked on the tea he was drinking so he hurriedly handed a napkin and helped rub the Alpha's back. His new boss then looked at him in utter shock.

 

"Excuse me...? Jongwoon hyung, did you just...?"

"Yes, I'm three months pregnant. I'm deeply sorry for lying and not putting it in the resume but, an old pregnant Omega... No one would accept me if I was being honest. Please, I really need this job for the sake of my baby! I promise I'll work hard and won't let my pregnancy hinder—"

"Jongwoon hyung, calm down and look at me."

 

The younger man held his hand and intertwined their fingers. Then, a soft aroma of red wine caressed his nostrils and chased away his anxiety. He just realized that he released his own pheromones unconsciously. Nodding in embarrassment, he murmured a thank you and took his hand back. For a split second, he saw disappointment glittering in the Alpha's round eyes but it disappeared in just a blink. He probably imagined it.

 

"Jongwoon hyung, I'm not that heartless to the point of firing my man only because he's pregnant. At our company, only your performance and attitude decide your future."

"So, you'll let me work here...?"

"Of course," Kyuhyun smiled, "don't think about going anywhere else."

"Yes!! I'll never forget your gratitude and be loyal to our company! Thank you so much!"

"... I'm sorry for prying but what about your Alpha?"

 

Jongwoon flinched and subconsciously looked away from the Alpha before him. He rubbed his still-flat tummy and smiled remorsefully.

 

"There's no Alpha. I made a mistake so I shouldn't drag him into my personal mess."

"But..."

"Kyuhyun-ssi," Jongwoon smiled (too) politely. "What should I do for my first day?"

"Oh, you can just study from Hyukjae's files for today..."

"Understood."

 

Jongwoon bowed to the new boss and headed to his desk, ready to start working. Unbeknownst to him, someone kept watching him all the time with a longing gaze but didn't reach out...

 

**********************************************

 

Before long, Jongwoon had been working for a month now. He was very happy and lucky to get this job. Not only were the salary and benefits very good, but his employer and co-workers also treated him nicely, especially his boss. Although Kyuhyun didn't lie and the workload was crazy, he never had to overwork himself. If anything, Kyuhyun always treated him to delicious meals that he actually started to gain weight. Plus, after knowing that he was pregnant, the gentle Alpha boss watched his every step and never let him handle heavy objects.

 

...Almost as if Kyuhyun knew that he was the runaway Omega from that night.

 

Jongwoon suspected that his boss might know the truth and began to worry about the Alpha's intention. He even doubted that Kyuhyun wanted to take the baby from him since the younger man (surprisingly) still didn't have an heir to inherit his legacy. However, he realized that he watched too many dramas when he saw Kyuhyun flirt with another Omega client and that the Cho Family already had two twin boys from their elder daughter. The Alpha wasn't interested in him and the Cho Family already had an heir, so he should rest assured that his baby was safe. However, seeing Kyuhyun smiling and kissing another Omega's hand somehow annoyed him greatly. No. There should be no love between him and his Alpha so why did he get jealous? Jongwoon blamed his fluctuating mood on the pregnancy and gave a cold shoulder to the source of his annoyance aka the Alpha Cho Kyuhyun.

 

"Jongwoon hyung... Did I do something wrong...?"

"No."

"Then, why are you giving me a cold shoulder?"

"I'm not."

"You're doing it now!"

"No."

"I'm sorry... I don't know why you're angry with me but I'm sorry... Hyung..."

"........"

"Is it because of Miss Lee? There's nothing between us, hyung. It was just a method of greeting!"

"..."

 

Jongwoon ignored the younger Alpha who made a face like a kicked puppy and turned around the corner heading to the stairs to escape from him. However, he suddenly felt dizzy and his knees buckled, causing him to fall down the stairs.

 

"Jongwoon hyung—!"

"Watch out!"

 

Kyuhyun reached out to save him but failed. Luckily, someone was walking up the stairs and saw him. Jongwoon fell into the stranger's arms safely but his head was still dizzy. Then, he smelled a fizzy scent of champagne belonging to an Alpha and couldn't help himself burying his head on the broad chest to sniff the Alpha pheromone more. However, Kyuhyun rudely yanked him away from the stranger and carried him up in his arms, all the while glaring at his savior.

 

"Thank you for saving my employee, Siwon-ssi, but I can take care of the rest."

"No problem. As long as you're safe, Mister...?"

"Siwon...? Oh, you're President Choi! Thank you so much for saving me! I'm Kim—"

 

An intense red wine pheromone suddenly paralyzed his body and prevented him from introducing himself. Out of his Omega instinct, Jongwoon nuzzled against his Alpha holding him, and inhaled a scent that made him happy. He forgot what he was supposed to do and let the taller Alpha handle the situation.

 

"Please excuse my tardiness but I have something urgent to take care of. Feel free to wait in the grand meeting room and read the documents. I'll catch up soon."

 

Kyuhyun said without looking at the other Alpha and took his secretary away. Siwon's amused gaze followed them and couldn't help chuckling. He turned to smile at his own secretary.

 

"Ryeowook, could that person be...?"

"Definitely. An Omega man whom President Cho asked us to help search for his whereabouts four months ago."

"I see. Hey, do I have something urgent to attend five months from now?"

"As of now, no. Why?"

 

Siwon chuckled. It was only a split second but he didn't miss the way the black-haired Omega protected his stomach more than anything. Or the way Kyuhyun subtly checked his mate's stomach with a worried gaze.

 

"Because we have to welcome a newborn nephew or niece, obviously!"

 

 

But of course, none of this conversation reached Jongwoon's ears as he had his own problem to solve...

.

.

.

"Kyuhyun..."

"..."

 

Jongwoon shifted in his seat beside his boss nervously. Apparently, he made his Alpha angry... But why? Why would Kyuhyun care so much about him if he was only an employee?

 

"Hyung, how often did it happen?"

"H-Huh?"

"How often did you feel light-headed and faint?"

"..."

"Kim Jongwoon..."

"O-Only once or twice a day! Usually, it happens in the morning after waking up so I fall onto the bed... I-I promise that I'll be more careful!"

"... Starting today, you'll move into my apartment and live with me."

"What!!? No, I can't bother you more than I already did!"

"Jongwoon hyung, I'm worried about you."

 

Just those words and he couldn't say no anymore. The younger Alpha's sincere eyes made a familiar warmth slowly spread over his chest but he suppressed it in time. At the same time, he wanted to ask his boss: "Why are you so kind to me?" However, he already knew the answer deep down but wasn't ready to hear it yet, and probably never will be.

 

 

He doesn't want to experience it again, both the sweetness and bitterness of love.

 

******************************************

 

Author's note:

Time for some cliche kyusung fic plus abo & mpreg xD

There are 3 parts and 1 extra chapter (maybe). It's kinda predictable like most soap opera drama but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway :)

 

Take care and love you!   <3