Jiyoo: Paws & Petals

Tales of Deukae

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Minji; she was known for her bright smile and contagious optimism. Minji could often be seen tending to her small garden filled with vibrant blooms, and by her side was her little companion. This warm-hearted, free-spirited young woman also enjoys leisurely walks with her lively Pomeranian, Cherry.

One sunny afternoon, as Minji playfully tosses a squeaky toy for Cherry to chase, destiny orchestrates a serendipitous encounter.

Across the street, a charismatic and adventurous woman walks with her energetic Pomeranian. Their eyes meet, and an instant connection sparks between them. Intrigued by the woman's radiant smile and her puppy's playful antics, Minji can't help but be drawn to them.

Curiosity b, Minji gathers her courage and converses with the woman.

"Hi! Your Pomeranian is so adorable! What's their name?"

Their initial interaction is filled with laughter, shared stories about their fluffy companions, and an immediate understanding of their bond with their Pomeranians.

For some reason, it took a while for the charismatic woman to respond. But, eventually, she did with a grin across her face. "Thank you! Her name is Pie. What about yours?"

"Oh, this little bundle of energy is Cherry. She's always cheerful, just like her name suggests."

As days turn into weeks, Minji and Yoohyeon's chance encounters become intentional meetings at the local dog park. Their connection deepens as they spend time talking, sharing dreams, and discovering common interests beyond their love for furry friends.

"Pie and I found this amazing trail nearby. Want to join us for a walk this weekend?" Yoohyeon asked, looking slightly nervous, but this flew straight over Minji's head. Oh, did I forget to tell you that she's pretty dense?

Minji's voice bloomed with excitement. "Absolutely! I'd love to explore new trails with you and Pie. It'll be a great adventure for Cherry and me."

Together, Minji and Yoohyeon embark on playful adventures with Cherry and Pie by their sides. They explore scenic trails, sip coffee at cozy dog-friendly cafes, and even organize picnics in the park. As their bond strengthens, they find solace in each other's company, supporting one another through life's triumphs and challenges.

Minji's eyes flickered, and her voice turned gentle as she spoke." But spending time with you and Pie has brought me so much joy. We have a connection that goes beyond our furry friends."

Those words didn't fail to make Yoohyeon smile. "I feel the same way, Minji. They brought us together... and forgive me if it's too much, but I am growing fond of you."

Yet, as their love for their Pomeranians grows, so does their affection for one another. Their hearts become entwined with every shared smile, gentle touch, and stolen glance. The park transforms into a backdrop for their burgeoning romance, as vibrant as the blossoming flowers surrounding them. Perhaps even more profound than the little garden Minji grew back at home.

"Me too; you're an amazing friend."

Minji chuckled as she responded, but then Yoohyeon took her hand. "Minji, I meant it in a... romantic way."

"Oh."

Minji blushed upon realization.

She didn't know how it happened, but soon they were savoring kisses under the setting sun in the park, thankfully, for nobody to witness as it was getting dark.

Minji returned home that day redder than the roses she grew in her garden and redder than a cherry.