♡. End

Delinquent | 빵사즈 [bbangsaz]

 

~

"Did you throw that at me?" 

"no I didn't~ did you see me do that?" Hanni winked

low whispers came immediately. The girl beside Hanni said something to her ear before she got up and left

Just the two of them having a staring competition, with the standing girl glaring daggers at Hanni who was sitting informally on a chair, a sly smile plastered on her face

Minji rolled her eyes, she crumbled the paper plane in front of Hanni before turning her back and walking away

Hanni on the other hand kept the smile on her face. "I like her" 

"of course you do. You were just talking about her before you decided to get her attention..." Haerin grumbled, getting back to her sitting position as before right after the perfect student left. 

"but you need an actual way to get her to like you... back, okay? She's just gonna keep hating you like this. Not to mention when she graduates, you're gonna be remembered as 'that annoying girl that won't stop bothering me' for the rest of her life" Haerin said 

"Woah, you're already thinking about that?" Hanni looked at her buddy with wide eyes 

"Why else would I be quiet all of the time? I'm always thinking!"

"That's true..."

Haerin hummed, "which? Me thinking or my advice?" 

"both", they're usual conversation was interrupted by the loud bell ringing 

"Welp guess I gotta go, see you in the canteen Hanni. I ain't skipping Ms. Jiwon's class" 

"Yeah yeah get going, I'm gonna walk around for a little longer" waving the ginger away, Hanni finished her banana milk in hand and got up to toss the trash 

"hm... Where should I go today?~" the delinquent walked around the empty corridor of the campus 

"Ah, I should pay a visit to my babies

 

...𓃠...

"Hanni-ya, you're here again?" The guard greeted her with a big smile on his face, Hanni had always fed the cats living in the guard house as well as played with them.

"Yes sir!" Hanni replied with the same energy

 

~~ 

  Kim Minji POV

"there are so many work at the student council these days.." I sighed, fingers never stopping from writing and typing. My eyes are gonna give up on me soon though. 

I laid back in my leather chair. There was a cushion on top, 'perfect for a little nap-' 

"Hello Minji?" There was a knock on the door before Danielle, the vice president came in. I shut my eyes tightly, "yeah, what's up?" 

"Nothing much. Just wanted to check if you were slacking off" Dani chuckled, closing the door 

I let out a faint laugh, "no way on earth... But I was gonna take a small nap"

"It'll last about 20 minutes yeah, yeah, I know all about that." She sat in front of me as she played with a pen she took from my pencil holder. 

"What work do you still have left?" 

"Not much honestly, I've already done the trivial things as fast as I could. All that part's left is to double check-"

"You've already done that haven't you?" I smiled as I nodded proudly 

"So now I'm down to checking all the stall's theme and games they're gonna hold. Hopefully the event goes smoothly..." I laid back and stared at the ceiling. 

"Of course it will, don't put too much pressure on yourself" Danielle said with a smile, "I'm gonna go to class. Take some rest, you know you deserve it " 

 

  3rd Person POV 

After Danielle left, Minji took a small nap. This time instead of Danielle barging in, it was a knock on the door that interrupted her. 

"...come in." Minji said as she massaged her temple 

"You didn't hear this from me but one of the student's skipping classes and she's at the guard house."

By the time Minji opened the door, the mysterious person has already scurried off. 

She sighed, 'why did they report it to me and not their teacher...'

 

::::ฅ^•`•^ฅ⇓:::

"You guys are so cute!!~~" Hanni squealed the nth time since she's came here. 

"Omg Mrs. Whiskers you have such ADORABLE babies" she rubbed the mother's chin

"And for that you deserve the biggest serving!" She pulled out the pack of cat food she'd keep in her pockets and fed the mom.

Her change of attention was immediate when she heard the kitten's soft purr, "here have some too" she offered her palm full of treats, giggling when she felt their gentle  

You could say Hanni was in her own kind of heaven. Unfortunately though, heaven in a mortal world doesn't last long. 

"Pham Hanni." the Australian visibly tensed up by the mention of her name, especially because she recognised that unique deep husk. 

-

"Look, I get you like the kittens. And I'll say this on behalf of the school, thank you for taking care of them. But skipping classes for this is highly unacceptable." 

Hanni looked down, Minji mistook that as guilt. She sighed, "I won't write your name on the list so don't worry.." 

The president didn't receive any reaction. "Pham Hanni?" She called out, "huh?" Hanni looked back at her, her eyes doe and wide.

  'She wasn't listening!?'

Minji pinched her nose bridge, "Miss Pham. Skipping classes for whatever reason is unacceptable. I hope you won't engage in such activity again. I'll let you go this time, please leave and get to your class." She gave her a stern look and guide her hand to the direction of the door.

Hanni finds herself panicking as she holds eye contact with the president. 

Minji raises her eyebrows, 'why aren't you leaving?'

"The kittens bit me. My hand is bleeding" Hanni stuttered, showing the part that got bit. It wasn't deep but the blood was visible 

'뭐하...' (what is she doing...)

Minji's face remained stoic as her confusion rises

".. let's get you treated then(?)"

 

:::(•.•.•):::

"Did you know? Mrs. Whiskers gave birth to quintuplets, each named by the month but in a random sequence!" Hanni rambles as Minji listens.

The nurse was on leave as of today, Minji only remembered when she got to the door

  "The nurse isn't here today." Minji says, one step away from opening the door. 

  She opens it anyway, guiding Hanni to the bed as she takes the equipments. 

  "I'll treat you instead." 

And that's how this all happened. Minji started preparing while Hanni fidget at the uncomfortable silence (she wants to hear her voice)

"Did you know? The mother's name is actually Velvet. But she got preggo and we decided to call her Mrs. Whiskers." 

 "We?" 

 "The guard and I" Minji nods as she apply the pea size amount of ointment, spreading it across the part below her left thumb.

Her mother uses that brand for when she'd scratch her knee from the bike she swear she's a pro at after learning how to ride 7 minutes ago, 5year old Minji was a menace. She learnt from then that it also works like a lotion. 

"thought Mr. John took care of the kittens alone.." Minji said softly, dipping the cream that's still left on the cotton bud to various spots filled with faint scratch marks

 "I never knew Mr. Guard's name.." Hanni mumbles 

Minji replies with a quiet laugh, "so you just called him Mr. Guard all the time?"

"Well not exactly to him, I just call him Mr. Guard when I talk to the cats. I say 'sir' when I address him" 

"Hm? What do you talk about when you're with the cats?"

"Lately it's just me cooing about how cute the kittens look" Hanni's eyes lid up after that.

"Do you know how many kittens she brought to the world?"

Minji has long finished her task, she's just massaging Hanni's hand with the "lotion" as she hears her rambles.

"I do not," she smiles, "Tell me."

 

::::❥ (◕◡◕)::::

::::::♡♡♡♡♡::::::

By the time Minji got back to the council room, she was already entrusted with the knowledge of Hanni's first meeting with the cats. 

"I went home late one day and saw Mrs. Whiskers, she was Miss Velvet during that time. She was one fat cat! She wagged her tail proudly as she walked out of the kitchen. I got curious and followed. Turns out she was eating the leftovers on the table! Can you believe that? She even made a HUGE mess!" Hanni swinged her free arm as she exaggerated her story. Minji bit back a chuckle.

"Don't tell anyone though, I tried cleaning her mess but stopped halfway cuz Miss Velvet started popping elsewhere"

She now knows the answer of the messy paw prints that welcomed her 3 years ago when she was tasked to bring her homeroom teacher his meal as class president. 

'it was her all along..' Minji chuckles as she shakes her head. 

'she's honestly so full of drama' she smiles.

  ****** 

 

"KANG HAERIN." Hanni screams as she spots the cat sipping on her banana milk, trying to run away. 

"WHAT DID YOU DO? WHY DID YOU DO IT!!!????" Hanni sprinted and caught up to her, shaking the girl in her arms vigorously

"unnie..." Haerin says in a dizzy tone after Hanni released her. 

"why!!!!" Hanni's voice rings once again, Haerin's too tired to care anymore

"What? I said I wasn't skipping Ms. Jiwon's class" Haerin answered, avoiding eye contact

"HEY. STOP LYING." 

Haerin stuffs her hand in the pockets of her hoodie and walks away, trying her best to look casual.

'how do I tell her i was trying to get her in trouble as her bestfriend while trying to get her to spend more time with her crush as her friend?' Haerin panics as she heard those footsteps catching up. 

"Wait up! Don't you want to hear what happened?" Hanni smirks when she saw Haerin stopping

A kick to her was unavoidable, but the attempt to hit her head with that cute height was. 

Haerin laughs out loud seeing Hanni's upset face. 

"Whatever." Hanni huffs, walking ahead of Haerin. 

She starts her story when Haerin catches up. 

~~~~~

Sunday came in a flash, and suddenly Minji is already on top of the stage, giving her welcome speech

"... Thank you all for your hard work in preparing this event, I hope you all have an amazing time and let the Charity Event of Ador Highschool 2023 begin!" 

Everybody cheered and the arena roared with applause, Minji bowed and left. 

  ••• 

"Min!!! Let's take a picture!" Hanni said and grabbed the president's hand, dragging her to the booth. 

Previously

Minji was in a search for Danielle when she bumped into Hanni.

"Prez! Hi!" Hanni smiled widely, the worried and frustrated face Minji saw 2 seconds ago was gone

"Are you looking for somebody?" 

"Oh.. actually yes" 

"I'm in a search too, for Danielle." 

"The vice president? I see.. I'm in a search for my friend" 

"Haerin-ssi?" Hanni's eyes widened, "you know her!?" There was a spilt second of betrayal on her face before Minji spoke again

"I don't, just had a peak at her name tag, she's always around you so this shouldn't be such big of a surprise" Minji shrugged

"Let's search together"

 ***

Both of them found the person they were looking for in an empty classroom, a cotton candy in Hanni's hand while Minji holds the prices Hanni won. A huge fluffy teddy bear and a pinkish bracelet.

"....."

"...?"

"....!" 

Their conversation was muffled by the closed door, Danielle seems to be asking a question as she waits for Haerin's reply. An excited smile plastered on her face when the ginger nods

"We shouldn't bother them" Minji says, the smile on her face somehow evident through her voice. 

"Wait let me snap a pic real quick, it's for evidence." Hanni smiled devilishly. 

***

"What are we gonna do now?" Hanni says, scooping the vanilla ice cream Minji bought for the both of them

"Hmm I don't know, we've went through all the stalls.." Minji ate the part with rainbow sprinkles 

Hanni seemed to have thought of an idea as she quickly walks ahead of Minji. The ice cream cup secured tightly in hand, making sure she eats the most of it, Minji doesn't mind her childish behaviour.

Back to Present

"Yah, I don't want to, I'm not photogenic..."

"bullcrap! I want a picture!! If you don't like it I'll just get one copy" Hanni pouts

"Okay fine", Minji waits while Hanni pays for the photo booth

Hanni forced Minji to atleast wear something, a black hat while she claims the bunny ears for the first pic 

Minji slowly got comfortable seeing how Hanni's having so much fun, 'i should enjoy this moment too'

She put on a funny mustache and wore the party glasses, Hanni smiles and matches the mustache and got the cooler looking glasses 

"Minji don't I look cool?" She wiggles her brows and flips the glasses up and down

"No you don't, you look like a kid" Minji laughs

Normally, Hanni would sulk and whine and ignore the person but it feels different today, probably because the one making fun of her right now is Minji.

She's glad Minji is having fun with her rather than always looking annoyed whenever she's in the room. 'she's happy with me here right now.' Hanni smiles in her accomplishment

~

Minji is organising and returning the probs they used while Hanni picks the pictures for the strips. Secretly printing 2 copies. 

 

• 2 weeks after the event •

Minji got to school early as usual, she has been visiting the cats too, alone of course. She feels as if she's been spending too much time with the delinquent, the girl that always bother her didn't seem as annoying anymore. 

When did they even started getting so comfortable? Being together throughout the whole event?.. it's just messing with Minji's head. 

Not to say she has been avoiding Hanni, she still nods her head when Hanni greets her. But it's just that, they don't talk, Hanni surprisingly stopped her antics, no more paper planes, no more light vandalism, no more silly pranks thrown at her. 

Minji knows she should be glad, but she just can't help but find the whole situation odd. 

Minji-ah... What are you doing? The test is coming soon stop thinking about something so irrelevant...

And with that she stops with this topic and focus on her revisions. After all, finals are coming soon.

 

::::┐('ー`)┌::::

It's a week after the finals, Minji finds herself feeding the now grown kittens. They were still smaller than Mrs. Whiskers, but bigger than the first time they met. 

"Sorry for not coming last week.. it was the finals! I've been working hard for it, I'm sure I did well~ oh June don't bite your sister! HEY." Minji has learned Hanni's habit of talking to the kittens in a weird way, like when a mother feeds her baby, making weird faces trying to get her kid to not spit nor spill the food. 

Hanni finds it adorable. Yes, she has been watching. She also finds the sudden development of their relation between them weird, she loves it though, but she understands that Minji needs her space. 

"Why are you just looking? Go to her." Haerin gives her an encouraging smile, "you want her, don't you?"

Hanni pumps up her confidence, 'Haerin bagged the vice, I can't lose to her!!' a cute motivation, but wether or not Haerin and the vice have a thing, she'd still go for Minji. She knows what she wants, just not quite sure how to reach it.

Asking for dating advices from her father that became a parent at 19 along with his 18 year old girlfriend didn't really worked out that well. So Hanni decides to stay clean and do what she always does. Be bold.

 

::::knock knock ;):::::

"Min?" Hanni's still at the other side of the door

After exactly 5 seconds, she was greeted by Minji herself, opening the door for her. She seems to have rushed to the door with how some papers were falling down one by one. 

Finally seeing and being around her such as now, Hanni missed out at the way Minji's gaze visibly softened. She was just too overwhelmed by the president's presence -the good way of course. 

 

"Would you like to go to the year end party with me?" 

 

Minji nods without hesitation, Hanni doesn't smile nor squeal. Just stares at the floor intently, awkward silence was what she hated the most but she can't seem to break the suffocating atmosphere this time. 

"Can I get your address?" Minji starts after a while, her tone painted with awkwardness.

~

The door finally closes. Minji sighs in relief. 

I finally got her number.

 

::: Party Day :::

Minji picks Hanni up at 5, the car ride to the school hall was silent. Hanni picks on her nails as Minji's eyes remains on the road 

🫧🐰'why aren't we talking?'🫧🐻

*** 

20 minutes in the party and Hanni can't stand this weird thing they're facing right now. This is not why she asked to be Minji's date. She should make some opportunity for herself. 

"Minji-ah.. let's dance" Hanni walked back to her date after begging the DJ to finally play something romantic and classy.

The dance started off smoothly, Hanni feels content with Minji's hand on her waist. She had learnt dancing before so her movements are smooth and delicate, while she observed Minji's footwork. She can't help but to notice the experienced twirl and steps

"You've had dance classes before?" Hanni smiles, proud of herself for starting a small talk 

"I did, started dancing when I was 7. I don't dance much nowadays though. You seem experienced too" Minji imitates Hanni's smile, glad to finally hear her voice.

"I've had lessons since I was 5!" Hanni's excited for Minji to learn about her more, "I still dance, I'm part of a dance club too"

Hanni rambles and rambles while Minji gave her short replies, 'I'm listening, my darling', plastered on her charming face. 

"Ah! Watch out-" Minji widened her eyes as a couple walks right into the circle. Turning their position so Hanni doesn't bump until them.

Unfortunately though, the force was too strong. Minji lost her balance and fell right on top of Hanni, her hand placed securely behind Hanni's head. 

She quickly got up, helping Hanni right after. "Are you okay?-" 

"Hey! Do you guys not have eyes!?" The boy dresses in a red suit yells. His date tries to stop him after seeing it was the president that fell, but he didn't listen at all. 

"Oh just because you're president you don't need your eyes anymore?", The hall gets fill with quiet whispers and silent chuckles.

Minji scans the hall, every single student's mouth was opened. Gossiping. She internally scoffs in disbelief.

"Minji-ah, let's go. We don't want people bumping into us again." Hanni suddenly pops up and drags her to the table where drinks and snacks are displayed. 

Minji frowns as she stares at the ground. "what's wrong?" Hanni ask, tilting Minji's chin up. 

"I thought we could finally enjoy some time to ourselves" Minji sarcastically said. "That dude's face makes my blood boil."

Hanni snickers at Minji's complains. She was getting the both of them a drink at the table when she thought of an idea. 

"Since the party is ruined for us, why don't we ruin their party too?" Hanni smirks.

'what do you mean?' Minji stares at Hanni, her eyes exceptionally doe at that moment that Hanni pinched her cheeks

"Hey what are you doing"

"you looked cute just now. Anyway, let's mix their drinks and add some treat in the snacks" Minji doesn't know why she knew she could trust those devilish glint in Hanni's eyes 

Hanni already started with the drink, pouring who knows what into them. She saves 4 glasses for the both of them while she mixed something weird in the big pot. 

"What treats are we adding?" 

Hanni hands her the cat food.

 

::::<3::::

They started playing with the pack of drugs they found on a random chair. 

Already tipsy, Minji spikes the teacher's drinks with her. Enjoying every single second of this moment. Hanni's wide smile that reaches her eyes, Hanni's beautiful figure in that dark purple galaxy dress.

They ran out of the party hand in hand.

"WOOOOOOH!" Hanni cheers as they reach an empty park 

Minji giggles, her flushed red face from the alcohol makes her look like she's blushing.

Hanni's laughter died down at the sight, "Minji-ah, what do you think of me? I want you to be 100% honest!" She says in her drunk voice 

"I think you're cute!!" Minji replies, eyes turning to a crescent moon.

"Not like that.... How do you actually think of me? When you see me come in the room, how do you feel?" Hanni's emotional voice rings through Minji's ear and suddenly, the bear sobered up 

"You're annoying, selfish and irresponsible." 

Hanni's eyes teared up, 'why is drunk Minji so harsh!?' she doesn't know the girl has already sobered up, the seriousness in Minji's tone was a dead giveaway. However, it was impossible for Hanni to focus on anything but the answer she has been yearning for.

"How you'd throw paper planes at me. How you'd bother me and make me feel like my day was ruined. How you thought I wouldn't notice and read the notes in those planes." Hanni's eyes widened.

"Hanni-ah.. why'd you have to be so irresponsible with your confessions?" Minji says, tearing up just a tiny bit. 

"When-" 

"Right after the charity event. I opened all those paper planes, and read every single one of them. They have always been with me, Hanni. Your feelings have always been with me, why didn't you make a move? I was waiting." She giggled as she wipes her tears, Hanni sobbing really has an effect on her. At this point, everything she does has an effect on her. 

"Why are you crying?" Minji laughs faintly

"I thought you needed space. I even thought maybe you didn't want to talk anymore. But after I saw your face, opening the door in such a rush for me, I didn't know what was on your mind. It was confusing me and I don't know how to feel. And hearing you say you kept all those planes you crumbled right in front of my face... Don't you think you'd be emotional if you were in my shoes?" Hanni says, Minji wipes Hanni's tears as Hanni grips on her shirt 

"Yahhh you need to tell me how you think of me now..!"

"Now? I think you look funny crying like a kid~ ouch! Ah- stop it." Minji holds Hanni's hands tightly, forcing her to stop pinching her waist

"Hmm...how should I start? I thought you were annoying, yes. The paper planes, the funny faces you drew at the wall in front of my council room, switching my bottle of water with mint-choco. But that was it, I never hated you, really. It was just annoyed but I grew accustomed to your antics even though I never knew you personally.

However, everything started changing when I saw you with the kittens. 'How can someone look so cute skipping classes?' 

I started understanding you from then too. I learnt how kind of a person you actually are, feeding the stray cats that live outside of the school too, you don't mind their dirty fur, always willing to give them treats, apologizing when there weren't enough to share with everybody. 

The way you know how to grab anything and have fun right away, the way you even taught me how to stop being so tensed.

You brought colours into my life Hanni, every beautiful different shade. 

And maybe because of that, I've fallen for you too." 

Minji stops there, still holding eye contact with the bunny in front.

Hanni's speechless, she doesn't know what to say. She doesn't know if words can even describe what she's feeling now.

'Minji likes me too. Kim Minji likes me too.'

"M-min, I have something to give you." She pulls out a photo strip in the back pocket of her dress. 

It was the 2nd copy she secretly printed, this one was covered with bunny stickers, at the back she wrote with a bright blue marker that shines just perfect on the black coloured strip, 

Minji-ah, you say you're not photogenic.. well I disagree! Do you know how pretty you look?! -beside this paragraph, she drew an angry bunny. 

If you don't think you look good here, we can take lots and lots more in the future! You'll eventually know you're pretty. -another bunny, this one with a content smile 

 

From : Hanni. 

(I wrote this in science class. Mr. Jaehyun is so boringggg) 

Minji broke out into a giggling mess. 

"Do you want to be mine, Hanni?"

"More than anything in the world."

 

"More than taking care of the cats?" Minji teased. Hanni faked a thinking position, "hmm... I don't know~"

Minji bumps her nose to Hanni's, "well, I know I'd choose you over everything." She says with a tone so sincere, her eyes sparkles as if she's looking at the whole world, as if she's looking at her whole world. 

Hanni wraps her arm around Minji's neck, "I'd choose you over everything too."

They smiled at eachother and shared their first kiss under the stars. 

Star-gazing and walking with eachother to home mentally, today was made for them, the both of them can feel it through that unexpected shooting star in the sky

 

"Minji look up! It's a shooting star!"

"I saw it too!"

:::~End~:::