Burn The Bridge

Burn The Bridge || 2kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date: 2023, 04, 12

Time: 6:17:38''

Heart pace:... Loading

 

Error.

 

Error.

 

Error.

 

Chaewon's head keeps busy with notifications once again and she has to blink her eyes rapidly twice for those buzzing notifications to fade away from her vision and for all those bloody red warnings to disappear from her view as well. They're still in the corner of her view, at the side of her screen, still buzzing and flashing in an annoying manner as Minju would say. They're still there, reminding her once again of her nature.

 

As much as Chaewon has tried running away from reality, from the cruel world as she fought against it, against the laws and did her own thing… she can't deny the facts calculated perfectly as they pop up once again on her screen reminding her once again of who she is in the first place.

 

She shakes her head slightly as she hits the side of it slightly with her palm three times, knowing this would be enough for the facts stated in her view to fade away once again. She shakes a little as her vision glitches for a couple of seconds and a strong electrifying stream passes throughout her body making her electrified nerves and cables warm up, warming up the few thin and dry layers of her fake skin.

 

"Hey? You alright?" She hears a voice coming in front of her and for a few seconds her system lags to identify the person whom she's so familiar with.

 

Familiar.

 

That's another thing Minju had taught her overtime. It's something or someone you know well and can identify even if you can't face them just yet. And so, here is Chaewon, being able to identify Minju without being able to see her or officially for her system to identify her. She doesn't need her stupid system to identify Minju to know that it's her. She knows who Minju is. She can tell by the girl's appearance, the girl's scent, the girl's laugh, smile, characteristics or overall character, things usually beings like her have placed in different forms and boxes and have made huge files about people without caring much though since they don't know what care is. Unlike them, Chaewon cherishes this file the most as she adores adding new information about Minju.

 

Adores, cherish, these are feelings and until very recently Chaewon couldn't accept them just yet.

 

As soon as her vision comes back and the glitching stops her eyes immediately scan the figure in front of her in a way she would rather not do as it definitely infringes on the girl's privacy but she can't help herself as her nature is that and she can't deny it. Can't stop her system from doing what it's made for.

 

Kim Minju, daughter of Mr. Kim, my creator. Not a threat.

 

Chaewon can't believe her system still shows such notifications but it always will do so.

 

"Yes. It is just a lag." Chaewon replies as she locks eyes with Minju the moment her scanning process is over. Her tone lacks the enthusiasm or playfulness the girl's in front of her has but she doesn't question it as she knows she's not made for these things. She's discovering human emotions and how they feel, herself, very recently so she can't exactly feel something herself yet. There are so many new feelings, she's not sure how to identify all of them or how to let them take over her completely like how they do for humans. Feelings even affect the way people talk or the tone in their voice but that's not the case for Chaewon just yet.

 

"You scanned me again. And you've been staring at me when I was sleeping. You can't lie, Kim Chaewon!" Minju teases her only for Chaewon's vision to start blurring again as more and more facts from random files pop up, files with guides of how to tease back, of what Minju likes, or what exactly to reply to this actually.

 

"I am sorry. This is how my system works." Chaewon responds at the very end, only for Minju to reach out and caress the other female being's short black hair. Then her hand moves lower and starts caressing the cold metallic part of Chaewon's body, her long cyborg arm that was always a very blatant and unwelcoming reminder for the both of them that the girl isn't exactly a human but a being that looks so much like one. Minju's fingers touch cold, smooth metal and cables before she lets out a long sigh.

 

"We still need to do a lot of work. You still sound pretty much robotic for a half human being half not. Except if you want to keep being just like how they raised you to." Chaewon shakes her head immediately.

 

She's not a complete robot, she always knew that. Yet again she was treated like one no matter what. She had a car accident as a kid and the only way to save her was to implant a lot of cyber parts in her. This though, only made her more special as she had way more abilities than normal kids so she was soon taken to labs. After all, no one would look out for a kid without its parents. So she grew up as a robot as more robotic parts were added in her body and soon, she almost forgot about her still very much human heart —no matter the metallic parts it had to keep it working— and human brain as we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter