Chapter 1

boomerang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung dragged Jennie out of the cab they took with struggle, swaying as the latter almost fell to the ground. She swore that if her friend wasn’t the most stubborn person she knew apart from herself, she would make Jennie move out of her apartment and move to a place where it would be easier to drag her drunk back home. Getting a drunk Jennie to the elevator alone consumed so much time, and Chaeyoung had to apologize multiple times to the elders who she bumped into while trying to stop Jennie from kissing her on the mouth. 

 

As soon as she successfully got Jennie on the bed, Chaeyoung heaved a sigh and grabbed the water bottle from Jennie’s nightstand, downing it in one-go. This is like the third time of the month that Chaeyoung had to get her drunk friend home. 

 

“Chaeng please…” Jennie whined softly, her eyes still closed. 

 

Jennie had cried and drank at least three bottles of soju as she poured her dissatisfaction over her controlled love life. It wasn’t the first time that Jennie’s mom tried to set her up for a blind date and being someone who was never fond of being controlled especially in the aspects of love, Jennie had refused each and every one of the men her mom chose for her. Jennie was firm with her decision, that when she gets married, it is with someone whom she’s in love with.

 

Unlike Jennie, Chaeyoung didn’t think too much of the idea of arranged marriages. She didn’t hate it nor did she like it. Her parents were the products of arranged marriages, and so were Chaeyoung and her sister. Almost every couple in her family were together because of arranged marriages. She always knew that somehow one day, she would be involved in an arranged marriage too. Just like her parents. Just like her grandparents. And most probably, just like all her direct ancestors.

 

Chaeyoung sighed heavily as she stared at Jennie, her mind taking her back on their conversation a few hours ago. 

 

 

“There’s a reason why you passed that audition back then even when you did it for fun…” Jennie’s lips slowly spread into a cautious smile. 

 

Chaeyoung’s brows furrowed momentarily. “What audition?”

 

“Oh, you know. The audition you went to for fun that got you into that acting club back in college.” 

 

She watched the elder fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter