fin

cupid is so dumb

If there was one corny thing about Kim Chaewon, it was that she dreamed of love. She sought after Cupid’s arrows like a silly hopeless romantic, even though time and time again, it proved to be disappointment after disappointment. 

 

Her friends would tease, and she would deny it every time. What is so spectacular about love when all it does is fail you in the end? 

 

Cupid’s first arrow led to her first boyfriend from the fifth grade. She was convinced she was in love with him until he dumped her for a new girl after being together for just three days. 

 

Cupid’s sixth arrow, Chaewon’s personal favorite, led to the actual love of her life. Dreamy Minjoo from the coffee shop she frequented. They dated for years and parted ways amicably, remaining close friends to this day. 

 

It was because of Minjoo that Chaewon’s view on love wasn’t entirely jaded. She still had hope and yearning simmering in the deep pits of her heart.

 

A few stray arrows along the way, Chaewon finds herself at arrow number nine. A childhood friend reentering her life a decade later in the craziest of ways. She remembers having a fleeting crush on her, before she found out how much of a loser she actually was. 

 

But they were young and nothing mattered. 

 

On a post grad trip with her best friend, Sakura, Chaewon magically bumps into her. Yunjin. She would have never expected to run into a familiar face while on a suspension bridge in the Swiss Alps. 

 

Turns out, Yunjin was also on a post grad trip with a friend. The two promised to meet again and parted ways. That was three weeks ago. Radio silence. 

 

Chaewon considers it. Fate. Destiny. Whatever you want to call it. Was Cupid giving her a second chance with Yunjin? 

 

Could she risk the heartbreak this time?