Our Time

Growth Rate

It is said that dogs grow up exponentially faster than humans.

 

 

 

Too fast, in Yesung's opinion.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"So? You're the new kid who everyone is talking about?"

 

Yesung's eyebrow rose as he stared at the young boy before him— Cho Kyuhyun, the famous rookie rumored to be the thirteenth member of Super Junior. He cocked his head as his gaze swept over the boy from head to toe. Hm, the kid resembled a lost puppy a lot, what with his messy hair and big eyes full of nervousness. He squinted his eyes after catching the newbie staring at him. Cho Kyuhyun blushed and bowed repeatedly while introducing himself.

 

"C-Cho Kyuhyun, sunbae-nim, it's my honor to meet you!"

"Hn, is it true that you're scouted?"

"Yes, sunbae-nim."

"Because of your singing?"

"Um, I guess so? O-Of course, I still have a long way to go compared to Yesung sunbae-nim!"

"Really? Then, sing something for me."

 

Yesung snorted at the rookie whose eyes somehow grew even larger. He rolled his eyes and waved his hand to gesture to the younger to get on with it. Kyuhyun nodded nervously and started singing, unsteady at first but gradually getting better. He hated to admit it but the kid's voice was really good, enough to threaten his position in the group. Despite that...

 

"Not bad, kid."

 

Yesung ruffled the rookie's hair and left the room. Just before closing the door, he glanced at the young boy and saw Kyuhyun pat his own head while grinning bashfully. He shook his head with a helpless smile.

 

 

Literally a puppy.

 

***************************************

 

"Kyuhyun, come here, you can sleep in my room."

 

Yesung spoke up and gestured the new maknae to come with him. However, Kyuhyun just stood frozen in place like a scared puppy and stared at him anxiously. He sighed and called the kid again, before turning around to leave, not caring whether the other party followed him or not. Not long after that, he heard hurried footsteps behind him and saw Kyuhyun's surprised yet happy looks from over his shoulder. He ignored the maknae's gaze shining with reverence towards him and stepped into his small room. He looked around the place while the puppy waited obediently and found a spare blanket he no longer used. He laid it on the floor beside his bed and pointed at it with his chin.

 

"You can sleep here. Don't ask for any bed though. This is the best I can provide you with for now."

"This is already more than I could ask for. Yesung sunbae-nim, thank you so much!"

"Hm, it's my duty to look after my dongsaengs. Oh, feel free to call me Yesung hyung now that we're in the same group."

"Yes, Yesung hyung!"

 

Kyuhyun's foolish grin almost reached the younger's ears. The new maknae then settled down on the makeshift bed, using his bag as a pillow. Yesung looked away. If he could, he would like to prepare something decent for the puppy too. However, he wasn't in a position to be a saint, seeing how he could be replaced by anyone at any time; including by this new kid. In fact, he could already tell that Youngwoon would question his act of kindness tonight. Giving shelter to his potential rival, either he is very stupid or extremely stupid. But... Yesung glanced at the maknae who was sleeping with his back to him. The thin and lanky body was shaking though the boy tried hard to hug himself. He sighed, getting up and fetching a jacket.

 

"Here, use my jacket for now. Tomorrow, I'll ask Teuk hyung to get some extra blankets for you."

 

Kyuhyun nodded timidly and used his jacket to cover himself after turning to face him. Yesung lay back on the bed and closed his eyes.

 

"Yesung hyung... thank you..."

"Don't mention it."

 

 

It's not in his nature to ignore a helpless puppy.

 

*************************************************

 

"Kyuhyun, how come you're here at my radio show?"

"Because I want to be your first guest... Why? Does hyung expect someone more popular than a new face like me?"

"Don't be a drama queen, brat. I'm just curious."

 

Yesung chuckled and ruffled the puppy's hair who was pouting. Actually, Kyuhyun already called in the show to congratulate him so the maknae didn't need to attend by himself. As a realist, he knew that he wasn't as popular as other members so Kyuhyun wouldn't gain much exposure from guesting Miracle for You. Despite that, the puppy still chose his show over the rest and sacrificed his free time to visit him. Yesung secretly smiled to himself as he led the maknae to their van. He got in and sat at the seat beside a window without hesitation. Then, Kyuhyun followed and sat down beside him even though there were plenty of empty seats. He frowned but didn't say anything, just quietly putting on a seatbelt for the maknae who blushed for no reason.

 

"Yesung hyung?"

"Yes?"

"When we go back to the dorm, can you help me with my vocal practice?"

"Sure."

 

Yesung shrugged and pulled away, but not before petting the maknae's soft hair. He smiled when Kyuhyun evidently leaned into his touch.

 

 

It seems like the puppy has gotten attached to him.

 

******************************************

 

"Kyuhyun-ah... If you wake up, I promise that I'll never get upset no matter how much you tease me."

 

Yesung promised from the bottom of his heart. He would do anything if it meant getting his puppy back. He realized how big the maknae's place in his heart was after almost losing him. He saw it vividly, the sight of unconscious Kyuhyun on the bed. His frail body was covered in thick white gauze and connected to various machines via tubes. He would have collapsed behind the two-way mirror if it wasn't for Youngwoon and Siwon catching his arms first.

 

"Kyuhyun will recover and join us soon, hyung."

 

He heard Sungmin trying to comfort him even though the younger man's own voice was shaky. Looking around dazedly, he saw Heechul hyung hug the crying Donghae, Shindong patting Kibum's back, Hankyung hyung putting his arm around Sungmin's trembling shoulders while Siwon hugged both of them at the same time. Suddenly, he felt a tug at his hand and a squeeze on his shoulder. He looked to the left and right and saw Hyukjae and Youngwoon, both looking at him worriedly.

 

"Yesung hyung... don't cry... Kyuhyun will be sad if he knows that he makes you cry..."

"Yes. Kyuhyun is strong and stubborn. He'll make it and come back even stronger."

 

He didn't even realize that he was crying until Hyukjae pointed it out. Since when did he cry? No wonder the sight of his puppy was very blurry. He blinked fast and hard, trying to get rid of the tears so he could take a better look at the injured maknae. However, it only made his eyes feel warmer. Just as he was about to rub them off with his arm, a gentle hand held his elbow and stopped him. He looked up and saw their leader, his face pale with white gauze wrapped around his head. Leeteuk hyung smiled.

 

"Yesung-ah, come here."

 

He subconsciously walked into the leader's embrace and hugged him. Immediately after that, ugly sobs and hiccups escaped him as the older man rubbed his back soothingly.

 

 

Puppy, don't leave me alone.

 

*****************************************************

 

"Hyung, I miss yooooou!"

"What is there to miss? Do you want more work? I'll tell Hankyung hyung that you're having too much free time to bother me."

"Hyuuuung! Yesung hyuuung!"

 

Yesung laughed out loud at the puppy's whining. It had been a long while since Kyuhyun and most of the members left South Korea to promote the new sub-unit Super Junior-M. Meanwhile, he was also busy with his new unit Super Junior-H. They rarely met and didn't even have time to call each other. Although he actually missed the maknae, he would never admit it despite Kyuhyun's obvious effect on him. The corner of his lips naturally curled up just by hearing a familiar mellow voice.

 

"Yah, work harder and stop playing around! I watched your variety shows and couldn't even look away from a disaster called cringe acting! What are you? A wooden statue?"

"As if hyung's show is any better! Your attempt to impress those idol girls made me feel so ashamed that I shed a tear!"

"Cho-Kyu-Hyun!"

 

He cursed the puppy who started to become more disobedient after knowing that he wouldn't break the promise. Kyuhyun just chuckled along while he showed off his vast knowledge of profanity. Eventually, it was him who got tired first and stopped, grumpily surrendering to the younger.

 

"...Kyuhyun, don't overwork and take care of yourself, alright?"

"Understood! Hyung, what about you? How is your work?"

 

Yesung stopped. His brain helpfully replayed a scene from a few weeks ago when the manager looked at them, at Super Junior-H, and indirectly hinted that there wouldn't be any continuation. He smiled and chuckled, concealing a small crack named self-doubt in his heart.

 

"Obviously, brat. Who do you think I am? Just worry about yourself."

 

 

He shouldn't make his puppy worry about him, right?

 

***************************************************

 

"Yesung hyung, I like you, romantically. Will you grant me permission to pursue you?"

 

Yesung almost spit the warm coffee at the maknae's absurd confession. When Kyuhyun suddenly called him despite their busy schedules, he didn't expect the maknae to ask him out. Putting down the mug, he was about to wipe his mouth but Kyuhyun already did it for him. He stared at the puppy who had grown taller than him already and wondered. Since when did Kyuhyun grow up this much?

 

"That's a lame joke, Kyuhyun."

"And that's just rude, hyung."

 

Kyuhyun pouted and reached out. Yesung stared at the puppy's hand placed on top of his. Even the maknae's hand was larger than his, completely enveloping it.

 

"You like me? For real?"

"Yes."

"Like, as in, you want to date and marry me?"

"Yes."

"Since when?"

"From the beginning. Hyung, I've always had a crush on you even before joining Super Junior but it was just puppy love on my idol back then."

"What changed?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes. Now, our group's popularity has reached its peak and we even have a world tour. You also make a name for yourself with your Ost. and musical. I'm afraid, hyung..."

"You're afraid of...?"

"Of losing you," Kyuhyun took his hand back to fidget, "you're good-looking and kind and talented. I want to win your heart before someone else does..."

 

Yesung blinked, not knowing what to do with the information. Kyuhyun liked men, not just any men, his puppy liked him. What should he do? At first, he considered turning the maknae down gently for the sake of their group. However, his resolve wavered when he met the bright round eyes, staring at him expectantly. He sighed.

 

"... Fine. But don't you think that I'm easy to win over."

"I would never! Precious things don't come easy and hyung is very precious to me. So, I'll work hard to prove that I'm worthy of being your other equal half."

 

He scoffed at the puppy's overly-cheesy speech but didn't protest when Kyuhyun took his hand and kissed the knuckles with a fond smile, too busy ignoring his own suddenly racing heart. Well, everything is probably just the maknae's temporary infatuation anyway.

 

 

So, he should play along with his puppy, shouldn't he?

 

*********************************************

 

Kyuhyun was dead serious about courting him.

 

 

Yesung was speechless as he watched his puppy grow up at an extremely frightening rate. Kyuhyun had tackled more variety shows and musicals to make a name for himself. The maknae also kept his word about pursuing him. Every morning, there was a beautiful flower bouquet waiting for him in front of his house. The type of flowers changed every day but the most frequent ones were sunflowers, red roses, and daisies. If Kyuhyun was free that day, the maknae would show up himself carrying a bouquet of the day. Not only that, but Kyuhyun also kneeled down before his parents and bravely asked for permission to chase him. His parents weren't pleased with it but they left the decision to him while Jongjin fully support anything that made him happy.

 

Is he happy being with his puppy?

 

Maybe. Yesung stared at the lit screen, the only source of light in the bedroom, and kept chatting with the maknae even though it was already late in the night. He started to rely on Kyuhyun more, whether he realized it or not. Let the burden on his shoulders be taken away by the maknae. Let the younger make a decision and took care of him instead of the opposite. Let his true emotions bare while leaning on a shoulder that grew wider than he remembered. When he hugged the big puppy and felt his cheeks heat up; his heart skipped in his chest, and the corners of his mouth pulled up, he realized that he no longer viewed Kyuhyun as his dongsaeng but as a man with who he wanted to look forward to the future together. Thus, they started dating with a blessing from their members and reluctant acceptance from their parents. Unfortunately, the timing couldn't be worse with his enlistment. He had to leave even though they had yet to share a first night. Distance worried and ate him inside out. What if the puppy realized in his absence that he didn't need him anymore?

 

He didn't expect that Gray Paper special stage from Kyuhyun.

 

Yesung sniffled as he talked to his puppy on the phone, telling him how much he loved it, a surprise from his boyfriend. Kyuhyun's tender and affectionate reassurance calmed any anxiety he had and made him look forward to the day they will meet again.

 

 

His puppy is waiting for him.

 

******************************************

 

Before long, his puppy had grown up so much that he had nothing left to teach anymore. During his enlistment, both Super Junior and Kyuhyun had reached a peak that he wasn't a part of. While the maknae's solo career had boomed after the success of At Gwanghwamun, his solo album, on the other hand, crippled his confidence and self-esteem. Despite being his solo debut, the album didn't do well and he could keenly feel the reduction of his fans. Did people forget him while he was away in the army? If he managed his image harder, would everyone look at him again?

 

"Hyung, please eat more. I learn how to cook just for you so you mustn't turn down your boyfriend's effort!"

"...But I'm dieting now."

"Just a few more bites, I promise. Here, let me feed you~"

"..."

 

Yesung reluctantly ate the meal the maknae fed him. He could never say no to the brat. While secretly thinking that he just had to skip dinner, Kyuhyun caught him without asking and gave him a stink glare.

 

"I'll call and check if you really have dinner so don't think about skipping it."

"Why? Aren't you busy with your musical?"

"My boyfriend's health comes first, obviously."

"Alright..."

 

He nodded in resignation and leaned over the table to peck the maknae's lips. His puppy immediately blushed and complained about his unfairness with reddened ears and neck. He stared at the younger man absentmindedly, barely registering the complaint. Although Kyuhyun was very busy with his work, his caring boyfriend always miraculously found time to take care of him, even though he is older and should be the stronger one. Kyuhyun's excellent growth had shown signs of exceeding him.

 

 

His puppy has started to outgrow him.

 

************************************************

 

Yesung realized that he relied too much on his boyfriend when he felt lost without the puppy by his side. Kyuhyun enlisted and they couldn't meet as often as they wanted. He tried to be strong but it was so hard. Both Super Junior's and his own popularity were steadily in declining state. Most members enlisted leaving many empty spots on the stage. His second solo album did even worse than the first one. He lied to everyone around him that he didn't care about sales anymore but he couldn't lie to his own insecurity. He couldn't help but blame himself. Everything was going smoothly until he came back. Maybe he really is the star of misfortune. His nail-biting habit relapsed and he suffered from insomnia again. His tears spilled very easily as if he had become a crybaby instead of Donghae. Actually, even the fake maknae wasn't as sensitive as him. Fortunately, his beloved maknae Ryeowook's comeback and their successful eighth album helped put his mind at ease a bit.

 

But there was still a large hole in his heart, uniquely shaped like a certain maknae.

 

He asked Hyukjae and Donghae to help him look for his boyfriend in the sea of sapphire-blue light. He knew that Kyuhyun attended the concert today and he had something very important to tell the maknae...

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, I love you!"

 

 

He misses his puppy so much.

 

************************************************

 

"Kim Jongwoon, I love you and wish to spend the rest of our lives together. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, obviously!"

 

Yesung smiled in tears and let his boyfriend put on a ring for him, simple in terms of design but precious in terms of the meaning it carried. After being discharged, Kyuhyun purposed to him and he accepted the proposal without any hesitation. They had experienced the darkest days of living apart from each other and they never wanted to go through it again. Although they couldn't marry legally or made the relationship public, the act of intertwining their fate together still made them brim with joy. They shared this good news with beloved people around them and received a completely positive response. Even their parents had come to accept their love after witnessing how sincere and serious their love was. The members teased them non stop but threw a party to celebrate the occasion. They didn't have any grand wedding, just a small joint family dinner and a party with close friends. Nevertheless, it was one of the best memories in Yesung's life. Even though they had to face the harsh reality soon after the celebration.

 

"The company will give you two years to be open and free about your interactions, as long as you didn't do anything too suspicious. After that, every interaction on camera will be limited and you might have to promote your other pairings to divert people's attention."

 

Leeteuk hyung looked up from the document to look at them with a kind but worried smile.

 

"Yesung-ah, Kyuhyun-ah, are you sure that you two will be fine with these conditions? We're not as powerless as in the past. If you wish to go public, we'll support you wholeheartedly."

"Yes, we're okay with them. I don't plan to make it public until I become a national entertainer, musical actor, and singer, indispensable enough that no one would deny our love."

 

Yesung frowned and looked at his puppy. He had never heard of that plan before. Reading his confusion accurately, Kyuhyun grasped his hand and kissed it to coax him. Although he felt that the puppy had become rebellious, he still left the decision to his husband because he trusted Kyuhyun. His puppy had grown and wanted to become a leader. So, as a good owner and spouse, he should indulge the maknae. After all, Kyuhyun had become a mature guy who understood responsibility and risk. His puppy wouldn't do anything that brought harm to their relationship... Maybe.

 

"Yah!! You erted brat! Stop gawking and groping me in public!! Are you afraid that the entire world won't find out about us!?"

"It's your fault for being too y in that choker, hyung~"

 

Kyuhyun grinned and tugged his scarf down to kiss the crook of his neck. He covered his mouth knowing what would come next. The puppy's teeth sunk into his skin and it, leaving a hickey that would earn them teasing remarks from the members. Although he wanted to hit the brat, he had a promise to keep and, frankly speaking, letting Kyuhyun mark him now was better than the maknae constantly trying to peek at his chest in front of people...

 

 

His puppy has grown up into a erted wolf!

 

****************************************

 

About a year into their marriage, his puppy had changed.

 

 

Kyuhyun had become very mean and controlling. Not a single day went by without him getting teased by the maknae, with topics varying from his poor diet to his bad temper. Strange rumors about him started to spread outside of their close circles as people took the maknae's words seriously. He already had it bad enough with Hyukjae constantly trying to test his patience. Now, his own husband joined the merry band "Jerry" and put a strain on his psyche almost on daily basis— mean remarks, interrupting his speech, ridiculous statements, and purposefully annoying him.

The puppy's possessive and controlling nature was equally bad. Even before falling in love and agreeing to this marriage with Kyuhyun, he had always been close to his friends and many juniors, often spending time together; especially when his husband was busy and he was lonely. He found nothing wrong with that as he only loved his husband. However, Kyuhyun didn't share his sentiment. The jealous maknae always whined at him to hang out with other people less and stopped being too chummy with them. Although he was mildly annoyed, he still indulged the big puppy because, as always, he loved Kyuhyun too much.

 

However, even a saint had their own limit and he was no saint.

 

Yesung started ignoring and avoiding the maknae when they had a schedule together. He became less receptive to all the teasing and didn't even pretend to smile. Soon, his perceptive husband caught on to a change in his attitude but Kyuhyun wasn't perceptive enough to discover the root of the problem. The puppy still behaved the same which further annoyed him. Poor Ryeowook clearly sensed the tension between them but didn't dare to do anything, knowing that it was an issue between a married couple. Even Leeteuk hyung knew something was wrong during his visit, but trusted them to solve it like adults. However, he refused to say anything first. Finally, it was his husband who couldn't stand the cold war and politely asked everyone to leave them alone. The puppy stopped in front of him but he didn't even look up from the phone.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, "hyung, let's talk."

"... What's there to talk about?"

"You're obviously dissatisfied with something. Why don't we act more like an adult and talk?"

"Oh, you want me to talk?" Yesung glanced up. "I thought you never cared about my feelings so I couldn't bother to say anything."

"What? Of course, I do care about you, hyung. You know how much I love you, right?"

"I'm not too sure anymore," Yesung smiled weakly. "Kyuhyun-ah, I'm tired. Let's take a break from each other for a while."

 

The puppy's eyes widened in shock. The weight of the situation finally fully registered to the maknae. Kyuhyun hurriedly kneeled down before him and held his hands. Although he didn't protest the action, he also didn't hold the larger hands back as he usually did. The younger man's eyes were full of fear, anxiety, and puzzlement.

 

"H-Hyung, please tell me what I did wrong and I'll fix it. Just, don't scare me like that..."

"Do you really love me, Kyuhyun?"

"Yes! Absolutely yes!"

"If so, why are you so mean to me? Why do you have to mimic Hyukjae and try to be another Jerry? Why are you so insecure about your position in my heart and get jealous every time you see me with my friends or juniors?"

"Hyung... I... The truth is..."

 

The puppy squeezed his hands.

 

"I feel like I lost my place in your heart after coming back from the army... You've become very popular among younger peers and our fans really like your and Hyukjae hyung's dynamic. I'm jealous and want to be as close and as touchy with you as other people. S-So, I copy Hyukjae hyung and tease you to get your attention... I didn't know that..."

"Then, do you regret our marriage—?"

"No!!! I never regret it! Meeting you, joining Super Junior, falling in love with you, marrying you... I never regret any of our time together... Y-Yesung hyung, you wouldn't...?"

 

The puppy lost it and cried. Yesung hugged his distressed husband and let the younger cry on his shoulder, sniffling himself while comforting the maknae. They almost threw away their precious love because of their childishness; Kyuhyun with his jealousy and him with his stubbornness, refused to talk to his husband until everything exploded. They cried for a while before pulling away to help wipe the tears. Yesung brushed a teardrop off the puppy's cheek while leaning into the puppy's warm palm resting on his own cheek.

 

"Jongwoon-ah... You didn't regret it, right? Marrying me..."

"If I did, I would have left you ages ago and wouldn't be here crying in your arms, brat. Even the thought of breaking up never crossed my mind. I love you too much, Kyuhyun."

 

He confessed earnestly and kissed the sad puppy's lips, catching the maknae off guard. Kyuhyun's ears and neck immediately turned red but his husband recovered quickly. Soon, he was pressed on the couch as Kyuhyun's warm lips dancing on his own stole his heart away yet again. The maknae didn't proceed after the passionate kiss, knowing that they still had to attend an online fansign. Kyuhyun just hugged him tight and repeatedly whispered "I love you" and "I'm sorry" in his ear. Yesung smiled.

 

 

His sweet puppy finally comes back.

 

*******************************************

 

After that intense fight, their love grew stronger than ever and they got even closer. Kyuhyun rarely teased or controlled him again and he also watched out for his interaction with other people. They learned to each take a step back so that both of them could continue to walk on their own roads together. Yesung thought that nothing could come between him and his puppy anymore but he was wrong. Kyuhyun had become so busy that they barely met. Even filming Super Junior content didn't guarantee that they would see each other because of the maknae's conflicted schedule. While he was sad and lonely without his puppy, he was also proud to see the puppy grow up beautifully. No one didn't know the name Cho Kyuhyun. Every day, on every channel, his handsome husband would be there on the screen. The maknae's popularity in musical also boomed to the point that his husband couldn't attend some of Super Junior's schedule. Yesung thought that he would be fine because Kyuhyun always found time to call him. However...

 

He slowly became the person his husband used to be.

 

Yesung didn't like seeing the maknae with the gorgeous lead actress and felt restless when he saw many people say that they looked good together. He didn't like seeing the younger generation idols in a show Kyuhyun hosted giving his husband hearted eyes. He knew better than anyone else how perfect his puppy was. Kyuhyun is very handsome, quick-witted, talented, gentle, kind, fun to be with, and very caring. It would be weirder if people wouldn't fall in love with Kyuhyun. He felt like his puppy had completely outgrown him into an amazing person, far better than he could ever be. He would never be as loved and well-known as the maknae. Knowing that he was lucky enough to be chosen by Kyuhyun, he never voiced out his jealousy and buried it deep...

 

"I love you, baby."

 

Yesung kept pretending to be sleeping while his husband who just came home late kissed his forehead. He waited until the person beside him snored quietly to open his eyes. Although he had many things he wanted to talk about with the maknae, he let the puppy rest, knowing that Kyuhyun had to wake up and leave soon. He pursed his lips and caressed the acne and wrinkles on his husband's face, signs of exhaustion. Even though Kyuhyun was right in front of him, he felt like the maknae kept getting farther and farther away from him...

 

 

My puppy, you're growing up too fast...

 

************************************************

 

"Yesung-ssi, we'll record 'Together' today. Please check the music sheet and see if you want to adjust or change anything."

"Hm, everything looks fine for now. I'd like to try singing it once and see it myself."

 

Yesung stepped into a recording booth. For his first full album in his career, he poured all of his heart into every step: the idea, the album design, the goods, the choices of songs, and, obviously, the singing itself. He placed the paper on a stand before him and put on a headphone. His fingers lightly felt the smooth paper. "Together" (Our Time as a literal translation) is one of the songs he wrote the lyrics for and composed himself. He dedicated it to his beloved little sisters Kkoming and Melo, his pet dogs that have been with him for many years. He knew that the flow of time for humans and dogs wasn't the same. The two dogs got older each day so he wanted to preserve their memories through this song. But not just Kkoming and Melo, he intended to make this song for every pet out there. Plus...

 

"Alright, I'm ready."

 

Yesung signaled the staff and started singing after hearing a music cue. The recording went smoothly. He sang the song while thinking of his little sisters and conveyed his true feelings through his voice. But the more he sang, the clearer the image of another puppy appeared in his mind...

 

 

There are two types of time: my normal time and yours.

Your time is passing faster than mine.

I'm sorry for that, I'm sorry for that...

You were born later than me and became an adult first.

You'll become a star in the sky before me.

What should I do then?

What should I do with you? 

 

 

My puppy.

 

 

Don't grow up too fast.

 

 

Stay with me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Kkoming-ah~ Melo-ah~ Eomma~ Good night~"

 

Yesung bid goodnight to the two fluff balls plus his mother and ended the call, just in time for a message from his husband to arrive. His happiness quickly died down after reading the message. Kyuhyun would be home late again. Due to their upcoming Super Show 9 tour in South America, the maknae had to film many advance episodes to make up for his absence soon. For that reason, they barely spent time together. He sighed and put the phone away, instead snatching a penguin plushie to hug. He closed his eyes and inhaled. The penguin smelled like his husband and his heart felt a little more at ease. He knew that Kyuhyun worked hard for their future. So, he never complained or made it harder for the maknae. However, he couldn't help feeling lonely and small. Maybe his puppy didn't need him anymore...

 

Knock knock 

 

Yesung frowned. Who would knock on the door of their house this late? Plus, only their families, the members, and a few close friends knew about their house. He got up and headed to the front door cautiously, ready to fight if something happened. He looked through the security camera and gasped, before opening the door quickly.

 

"Kyuhyun? What are you doing here? Didn't you say that you have to work late tonight?"

"I want to surprise you, hyung! I asked to leave early and hurried home~"

"Eh? Why would you do that?"

"Let's get inside the house first."

 

Kyuhyun escorted him into their home. As soon as the door was closed, the big puppy pounced on him. Warm hands pinched his nape and held his hip protectively. A loving and hot kiss then fell and took everything from him, his heart, his attention, his worry, and his longing. Yesung moaned and kissed his husband back while jumping on the younger man. He wrapped his legs around the strong torso and put his arms around the maknae's neck, pulling the man closer to deepen the kiss. Kyuhyun kept treating his tongue with love while carrying him and stumbling toward the bedroom. When his back touched the soft mattress, the puppy swiftly undressed both of them and jumped him. No words were exchanged after that, only a satisfied moan and groan echoing in the room...

.

.

.

Yesung lay quietly in his puppy's embrace. He was tired and his body was full of obscene marks yet he was radiating in ecstasy. Rubbing his cheek on the maknae's wide chest, he spoke up to the younger man who was helping rubbing his waist to chase away the ache.

 

"Be serious, Kyu, what's gotten into you?"

"Ouch. Baby, you hurt my poor heart~ Can't a husband want to go home early and spend time with his wife?"

"Yes, you can. But you shouldn't abandon your work to see me. Don't do this again!"

"Don't worry hyung. We already filmed a lot of advance episodes so I dared to leave early. I miss you so much~ Plus,"

 

Kyuhyun lifted his face and looked into his eyes.

 

"I listened to all samples of your songs for the full album. I love everything, especially 'Small Things' that you dedicate to me. However... Baby, the song 'Together' isn't for your sisters only, right?"

"...How?"

"I feel it in your voice in the song. Yesung hyung, if there's something you want to tell me, please do so. Didn't we promise to be honest after that day?"

"Yes..."

 

Yesung chewed the bottom lip and pondered. In the end, he decided to be honest with himself and his husband. He snuggled closer to his maknae and let the confession that he hid deep in his heart flow out of him.

 

"Actually, I don't like seeing you with those actresses or younger generation idols. I'm jealous of them... When they smile shyly at you, I want to shout at them that you're mine. But I know it's silly so I don't want to bother you..."

"No, hyung, it's not silly to feel that way. You already know it but I'll say it again. Kim Kanghoon, I love you and only you. You're my one and only partner."

"I know... I love you too, my baby Kkuru."

"So cute~ Anything else? Something perhaps relates to that song?"

"You smart ," Yesung rolled his eyes but his lips were smiling. "Fine! Actually, I don't like how you grow faster than me and even exceed me. You used to be a small, adorable, helpless puppy who followed me around. But look at you now... Kyu, you've become someone wonderful out of my reach. I'm proud of you but also feel bitter at the same time... It's like you don't need me anymore..."

"But I'm here with you, right? I never and will never leave your side."

 

The big puppy grinned and pecked his lips.

 

"Hyung, do you know why dogs grow faster than humans?"

"Because our time flows differently."

"That's true but there's something more than that. Dogs grow faster so that they can protect their masters soon. Hyung, I want to grow fast so that I can become someone reliable and equal to you, someone who you can lean on when you're tired and walk beside you for as long as time allows."

 

Kyuhyun smiled genuinely. His puppy's big eyes only showed his reflection in them.

 

"I might no longer be the same old brat who can't do anything by himself but, know this, my heart for you never changed, from the past to the present, there's only you in my heart, Yesung hyung..."

"... K-Kyuhyun, I know, thank you, for everything, really, I-I love you..."

"Love you too, baby."

 

A large gentle hand came to wipe the tears spilling from his eyes. Yesung beamed and cradled his husband's face, before tugging him down for a sincere tender kiss. That's right. He had nothing to worry about from the beginning.

 

 

 

Whether Kyuhyun is a puppy, a dog, or a wolf, there is only him in Kyuhyun's eyes.

 

********************************************

 

Author's note:

First of all, this is only my own pov of how kyusung relationship proceeded over time. Only Kyuhyun and Yesung know what really happened (but we all know that kyusung is real 👍)

Happy KyuSung Day!

Can't believe that I've been celebrating it for 3 years now! It's partly thanks to you guys' support that I'm able to keep coming out with more kyusung fics~

Let's keep cheering for kyusung and suju together!

 

Take care and love you  <3

 

PS. This is the first KyuSung Day fic that's not lmao

PSS. No update this Sunday!