Joro at home. 3 a.m.

Joro at home. 3 a.m. | Draken x Mikey

Today was a good day for Joro. In the morning he was awakened by the rays of the rising sun, which after a rather chilly night, were like a remedy for his slightly chilled body. Breakfast was no problem for him, literally materializing right in front of his eyes, and lunchtime meal he intended to eat out this time. So it seemed that the day would be much more gracious than the past, not fully slept night.

Taking advantage of the beautiful weather, full and rested after his morning nap, he spent most of this sunny day outside. The cloudless, starry sky spreading over Tokyo convinced Joro to spend the night outside this time, too.

After all, nothing foreshadowed what was about to happen around 3 a.m.

Huge raindrops hit the ground. Strong gusts of wind knocked Joro off on his feet, who almost immediately took the necessary steps to reach a dry, safe place. Using an open window in one of the ground-floor apartments, slipped inside unnoticed and breathed a sigh of relief when he found that the room had ideal conditions for a frozen and drenched „guest".

The only source of light in this relatively small room was a street lamp, whose bright stream coming from behind slightly soiled lampshade, cast an eye-pleasing orange glow, scattering across the wooden panels.

Joro moved nimbly across the room. Living figure sleeping on the bed moved, forcing him to immediately flee to the farthest corner of the room. Stuck in stillnes, he waited for more clues that would help him decide his next steps.

Long, bright hair spread out in a wide fan on the snow-white pillow as the boy lying on it moved, laying his body on his back. Raising his eyelids slowly, he turned his sleepy gaze toward the potential source of the sound, and his heart nearly stopped when he saw the shining, coal-black eyes staring at him.

But that wasn't the worst part, it wasn't the eyes that made him panic.

Desperate, he grabbed the phone lying on the nightstand and with a trembling hand launched Line, where from his favorites list he selected the most appropriate contact in such a situation and immediately started the call.

- Ken-chin! - Mikey called out in a whisper as soon as a distinctive sound on the other end suggested answering the call.

On the phone receiver, he heard the rustling that would accompany the turning of his still sluggish body on the bed and waited impatiently for any sign of awareness from his friend.

- What's up Mikey? Do you realize what time it is? - The timbre of his voice betrayed that he was in the first phase of a slow awakening.

- You have to come here - he said, still whispering and not taking his eyes off the intruder in his room.

- Here...? It means where? - Mikey heard a vague question.

Mikey could have sworn that Ken-chin yawned.

- My place - he replied impatiently. - You must come here, Ken-chin - he repeated once again, almost pleadingly saying his name.

- You're starting to scare me. What's going on? - he asked much more counsciously.

- There's no time to explain. I don't know how long it'll stay in one place. What if it moves?

- ...Mikey...

- Just come, please - interrupted him, slowly losing his temper.

Every second counted and Ken-chin didn't seem to understand it. Isn't it obvious that if he didn't need him immediately, he'd wait until morning?

- ...Ok, I'll be there in 10 minutes.

- 5 - Mikey corrected him, not taking his eyes off the intruder still stuck in stillness.

- Fine.

Mikey didn't dare look away. The smartphone screen lit up the room, showing more clearly the vivid reason for his behavior, a behavior far different from the one known to all for its steadfastness and tenacity. He put the switched-on phone back on the bedside table and leaned his back against a soft pillow. His head touched the cool wall, obviously not allowing his gaze to wander anywhere else, to let a distant corner of the room go unattended by his watchful eyes.

Every few seconds he glanced nervously at the phone's display to see if maybe this time the passing time took pity on him and the last digit jumped up a level, heralding the ever-closer appearance of Ken-chin. But no matter what the indications were, he felt disappointed in every case.

And so the next very long seconds passed, creating another very long minutes.

So until he heard the click of a lock turning and familiar footsteps in the short corridor, all that existed was him in a state at least close to hysteria, an intruder who Mikey could swear was challenging him with his attitude, and time that seemed to defy the laws of physics.

The door to the room opened, and a tall figure of a blond-haired boy appeared. His hair was shaved about halfway down, from which this time he formed something like a messy bun. It was a rather surprising sight, considering that a long carefully braided hairstyle was a characteristic part of his appearance.

- You're late - Mikey greeted him with a reproachful look, remembering perfectly the clock's indication from a second ago.

- One minute - he said unmoved, closing the door. - Now tell me why you brought me here - he added, looking suspiciously around the room.

He saw no threat. Hadn't he made it? But in that case, where is the body?

- You have to get rid of it - Mikey demanded, pointing to a spot on Ken-chin's right.

Draken's gaze went in that direction. At the same moment, as if miraculously recovered, Joro shuddered, setting his until recently paralyzed body in motion. Moving his eight legs quickly, he ducked to the side, hiding behind a wooden cabinet.

- ...Seriously? - Draken looked deadly at his friend sitting on the bed and sighed when he stubbornly didn't react.

Two pairs of dark eyes stared at each other in silence. What Draken saw in Mikey's, what he hadn't seen before, was fear. It was completely unlike him, almost comical. That's why when he heard his breaking voice, the words he addressed to him - he almost laughed.

- I won't sleep as long as this thing is in my room - Mikey said, staring at him with his big black eyes.

- You made me leave my warm bed and fight my way through a wall of rain in the middle of the night. How are you going to repent?

Serious situation, serious reaction. Draken was proud of himself.

- First... get rid of it. I can't concentrate when I know it's around.

- And what am I supposed to do with it? I'm not going to put it outside in this weather.

- What?! I don't expect you to put it anywhere. You have to kill him - he blurted out, not believing that he had to explain it at all.

- I won't do it. If you want to have an innocent creature on your conscience so much, go ahead - he announced, making his friend even more shocked. - Now move over and make me a place.

Mikey got the impression that time stood still and the whole room was spinning, looping Ken-chin's words: I won't do it...I won't do it....

- ...No... if you won't kill him, what was the point of bringing you here?

He felt panic take over his stressed body again.

- None - he replied, ping his pants.

- Ken-chin, I'm begging you!

He tried to convince him in another way. He hoped that the pleading tone would soften his heart, which at the moment seemed to be made of stone. His fingers tightened on the material of his t-shirt, and he located his widened eyes in those of Ken-chin, equally dark, but still impassive.

- Move - he said, not commenting on his behavior in any way.

- No - Mikey countered, pulling him by his shirt.

Mikey's voice and behavior reminded Draken of an insufferable child he passed on the street yesterday, who terrorized more than one passerby with his screaming. Taking a different tactic, he grabbed him by both hands and forcibly placed him on a soft mattress, so that this one-person surface could also accommodate his exhausted body.

Probably he couldn't make it under different circumstances. Mikey's current condition was working against him, depriving him of that almost inhuman strength, the one that was hidden in his only seemingly innocent body.

- I should have called Baji - he muttered, turning his back on him like an offended child.

- But you didn't. Swallow it and go to sleep - Draken said, slipping the rubber band from his long hair, placing it on the nightstand next to him and closing his eyes.

- ...What if it comes here? - Mikey asked after a while, bringing a wide smile to the face of his friend lying next to him.

- In this last moment of your life, remember that you were my best friend and I will miss you - he replied, giving his tone of voice a serious tone.

- Not helping, Ken-chin - he said quietly, curling his body like a hurt, frightened creature.

Mikey's quiet and soft voice caused Draken's gaze to wander to his curled body. Moved by the sight, so unusual and surprising, he felt the need to speak up in a different way.

- I'll protect you... It won't even touch you - he assured, irresponsibly touching his arm.

- Promise?

- I promise - he said, slowly moving his hand.

- Thank you - Mikey whispered, tightening his fingers on Ken-chin's warm hand.

- Besides, its venom fangs cannot pierce the skin, you would only feel a slight pinch.

Along with his last word, he felt Mikey's body tighten and his fingers strengthen their grip.

- Ken-chin... knowing that it could touch me in any way makes me panic. I don't even want to think...

- Ok, I got it. I promised that he won't come near you.

- Then why you...

- Forget the fangs talk.

A quiet murmur was all Draken heard in response. Taking his hand from Mikey's shoulder, he intertwined both hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

It was better this way. He couldn't afford to make another mistake.

- When you came here... you had something strange on your head - Mikey's voice echoed through the dark room, shattering Draken's futile attempts to fall asleep.

- Why did it sound like a reproach? - he asked amused, without opening his eyes.

- Because it was.

- I had only 5 minutes, don't be picky.

Mikey turned his body to the other side. His eyes almost immediately located his friend's face. Draken's head rested on the shared pillow, and his calm breathing brought him slowly into a well-deserved, though nonetheless distant sleep.

Mikey's hand unconsciously went to his long blond hair and touched its smooth surface with his fingertips.

- What are you doing?

Draken watched his silent friend, whose action shattered the recent apparent calm.

- I was checking to see if it was still there - he explained, without withdrawing his hand.

- You didn't like it that much?

- You looked... different.

- In a bad way?

- Not sure. I don't have enough data.

And once again aware of the mistake he was making, Draken could not suppress the strong urge to touch him as well. Following his answer-seeking friend, Draken moved his hand and sank his long, slender fingers into Mikey's soft hair.

- What are you doing? - Mikey repeated the question that came from Ken-chin's mouth just a moment ago.

- Checking how it is - Draken explained rather laconically.

Mikey's eyes hid behind the soft skin of his eyelids as Draken's fingertips sunk deeper, boldly touching his skin.

- Has anyone... touched your hair before? - Mikey asked, without opening his eyes.

- Yes.

The answer stirred unpleasant emotions in him. Stronger than he expected to feel.

- Who?

- Sachiko.

- Who is she?

And more importantly - why did you let her touch your hair?! The second question didn't come up. Mikey's mind didn't allow it to reach Ken-chin.

- The hairdresser I've been going to for many years - he replied, forcing himself to be serious.

Mikey's moody voice made him incredibly happy.

When, once again, a quiet murmur was all he heard from him, this time it was he who asked.

- Has anyone touched your hair before?

- Shin.

- ...And ...who is Shin? - the tone of his voice sounded similar to Mikey's.

Although, he guessed under what circumstances the whole procedure with touching took place, he felt a strange urge to destroy something in his tightly clenched fingers of his right hand.

- Does it matter?

Draken refrained from asking further questions. Instead, he steered the conversation onto a slightly different track.

- ...Does this mean that no girl has done t h e s e? - he asked, running his fingers through Mikey's hair.

- No and I don't care. - He spoke the second part of his answer in a much quieter tone.

- Interesting.

So did he hear it after all?

Mikey tensed, tensing his muscles unnaturally. Averting his gaze, Mikey withdrew his still unsatisfied fingers. Draken's hand froze, letting his fingers rest freely on his friend's head.

He didn't want to lose contact with him. Not yet.

- Are you bored? - asked Draken, extremely curious about the answer.

Mikey's disobedient body brought him another wave of heat. However, this time its source was not hidden in a monster on frail legs. The source had a completely different form, it was much closer, dangerously close.

- I wouldn't fall asleep that way - he replied evasively.

Draken smiled slightly upon hearing this forced comment, and ready to do the same, his hand returned to its original position, just behind his head.

Mikey understood perfectly what was happening. He understood, and at the same time tried with all his might to deny it. He told himself that the reason was the strange atmosphere, full of irrational mystery, the darkness in the room and this almost unbearable negligible distance between them. He told himself that his thoughts would not have wandered into such distant and unknown corners of his mind. Under normal circumstances, he would never have allowed himself such a scenario.

But is it really true?

After all, this isn't the first time Ken-chin's presence has simultaneously calmed and stimulated him. In that case, is there any point in denying it? Isn't it better to accept defeat and move on? Isn't it better to get honest and simply try to forget?

Aware that this was probably the last time Ken-chin would allow him to be this close, Mikey moved closer and grasped the material of his shirt in his fingers. Stimulated by his more intense scent, he closed his eyes, letting the pleasant scent fill his senses.

- I didn't know you were afraid of spiders - Draken said quietly.

The sound of his voice didn't betray one bit of what was going on inside him. Of how Mikey's unexpected gesture, affected his already rebellious heart.

- This is new to me - he added, but this time with the last word, he allowed himself something more.

He slowly raised his right hand, rested it on the mattress just behind Mikey's back, and, hesitating for a moment more, finally dared to touch them.

Mikey shuddered. The warmth of Ken-chin's fingers felt behind the thin material of his t-shirt penetrated this fragile barrier and sank deeper, amazingly stimulating the receptors on his skin.

- Only you know about it - he said, struggling to control the tone, volume and speed of his voice. - If you tell anyone, I'll know it's you.

- It would be unwise to betray your only weakness.

- The only one you know - he corrected him quietly.

- There are more?

- Yes, but don't ask. I won't tell you anyway.

- ...What if I promised you that I'd get rid of Joro? - Draken asked, moving his hand a little higher.

Mikey's body tensed, which was easily sensed by Ken-chin's fingers touching him.

- ...Who?

- The spider from behind the closet. Although, in fact, it could be anywhere now.

- You're not playing fair - Mikey muttered, not daring to open his eyes.

He saw the impenetrable darkness that spread out right in front of him as a safe space where the word 'failure' did not exist. He wanted to believe that just behind the delicate skin of his eyelids there was nothing worth taking the risk to open his eyes and see if the illusory world in his head really existed.

- By the way, it doesn't have to be a spider. - Draken's voice rang out again. - Did you know that there is a yōkai named Jorōgumo who can take the form of a beautiful woman or a large spider?

When no response from his friend lying right next to him came, and the only reaction to his words was a stronger grip of Mikey's fingers on the cotton material of his t-shirt, Draken decided to continue.

- And did you know that these yōkai feed on young men?

- If so, shouldn't you also feel threatened?

- Good point.

- ...Since you know my weakness, it would be fair if you tell me yours - Mikey stated, remaining in the safe bubble of his own imagination.

- Yes, it would. But I'm afraid that would be the last thing you'd hear from me.

The illusory bubble burst, shattering irretrievably. Dark eyes met the other's, staring at him with utmost attention and a kind of sadness.

- I don't understand... - he said, getting the impression that the meaning of Ken-chin's next words would change everything.

- I don't want to lose you Mikey, so it's better if I don't dispel your doubts.

The chaos in his mind made it difficult to focus. Looping thoughts, at times absurd, forced him to speak back to Ken-chin in a way that would leave him no choice but to give in and confess the truth.

- Explain it to me - Mikey demanded, feeling his heart speed up, reaching unnatural speeds - and let me decide if you deserve to lose me.

A thought flashed through Draken's mind that although the chances were small, they were not really zero, that he had the right to hope. Fighting an internal battle, he didn't expect that the outcome would be decided by this seemingly small gesture from the boy staring at him.

Once again, Mikey's hand boldly moved toward Ken-chin's face, but this time it stopped captured by his strong fingers.

- You do realize that this is not able to stop me, right? - Mikey said without taking his eyes off him.

- Yes, although I'm not sure why.... What you were trying to do.

- Let me go, I'll show you.

- ...Isn't it strange? - Draken asked quietly.

His fingers still clenched tightly in Mikey's warm palm.

- What?

- The way we behave.

- Damn strange - Mikey admitted, causing Ken-chin's quiet laughter to reach his ears.

- If so, I think I'll take my chance - he said, pressing his hand against his warm cheek.

Mikey's eyes widened and his anxious heart sped up its work. Is it right to take his behavior in this way? Is it responsible to trust his own intuition? An intuition disturbed by the emotions bubbling up inside him?

- You're stronger than me, so stop me if I cross the line - Ken-chin spoke softly, giving him time to understand what was going on.

Very slowly and with hesitation noticeable in his movements, Draken brought him even closer to himself and held him close enough that he could feel his warm breath on his skin.

- Is it normal? - Mikey's voice was filled with emotion.

- What do you mean? - Draken asked, trying to trust his own senses, what he sees, hears and feels.

- That I don't mind...

- No, but...

- But?

- I'm not sure if I want to be normal... or if I want you to be.

- What's holding you back?

- It's hard to explain.

- You're scared - Mikey said, almost accusingly.

- Yes. I'm afraid that my action will destroy what is between us, and at the same time I'm afraid that if I don't take the risk, I'll lose the chance to see how close you would let me get to you.

- ...You're not a coward, Ken-chin. It's in your nature to take risks.

Provoked by his words, Ken-chin stopped analyzing his every potential move. Loosening the grip around his hand, he felt Mikey's fingers adjust to the shape of his cheek and slowly move higher, weaving their way into his long hair, which fell loosely around his neck and shoulders.

His own hand found a rest on Mikey's face, slowly and carefully exploring every inch with his fingertips. Stopping near the mouth, he ran his fingers over it and parting it gently, got close enough to taste it.

- It took an awfully long time - he heard Mikey's quiet whisper.

- They say mood is important - he replied with a slight amusement.

- Apparently so - Mikey agreed, expecting that this was not all they had experienced, that the tension between them would lead them in only one right direction.

As expected and as their needs grew stronger, their lips found each other again, and impatient hands made the space between them stop existing. The two moved independently, yet in remarkable synchronization, pushing against each other even more, so that the sensation of closeness reached another, higher level.

The subtle kisses they shared gradually gained pace, significantly changing their character. Deeper and deeper, longer and longer, and more and more addictive, they deprived them of the ability to consciously control themselves, to return to a place that at the moment their flustered minds perceived as something irrelevant, something that never existed.

That's why when Ken-chin moved, laying his body on top of the other one, the one belonging to the blond-haired, shorter boy staring at him with his shining black eyes, they both realized that returning to the life before that moment, was impossible.

Ken-chin's kindness and unusual understanding of the surrounding world, not once suprised Mikey and made him feel safe. Knowing that he was next to him, that he could always count on him, gave him courage and faith that if he ever got lost, he would find him. Ken-chin will do anything to bring him back.

- Have I reached the limit? - heard his quiet question, snapping him out of his momentary daze.

- Limit? - Mikey repeated, not understanding.

- Have I gone too far? - he asked in a different way.

- I don't think there is any limit - Mikey replied, creating a unique confusion in Ken-chin's mind as well as his own.

- Impossible.

Mikey smiled, moving his hand to the spot where Ken-chin's smooth scalp was marked with a black tattoo under his hairline, and trailing his fingers along the sunken ink, forced his way closer to him. Their faces were almost touched each other, their breaths mingled with each other, and their gazes clearly betrayed what was to come next.

- In that case... let's find out which one of us is right - Mikey whispered against his lips.

...

„There are times when you can't give up."
Draken, Tokyo Revengers