end

pet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s cold outside, blame the winter season, and the once bright sky is starting to get dark. But the street is still somewhat busy with people, cars, and everything nice.

 

One of those is Jimin, who just had a very busy day at work. Who, like the others, is scurrying down the street on the way home and her long silky black hair moves along with her every step. Her work is just a few minutes away from her home so she doesn’t bother using her car and she doesn’t want to contribute to the air pollution (but she still uses her car when she’s too lazy to walk). So for someone who had just an excruciatingly busy day at work with no break, except lunchtime, whatsoever Jimin wanted to do nothing but one thing.

 

Yeah, you guessed it right, she wants to go hiking right now in this cold season and tire herself to death more, kidding. She wants to have a nice warm bath and have a nice long sleep like what a sane person would do . She basically wants to hibernate since it's the weekend anyway.

 

As she was walking she noticed a puppy, with its owner holding its leash, walking on the opposite way as her across the street.

 

One thing about Jimin is she likes puppies and cats and animals in general, just not pigeons, it's a no no. Her favorite being dinosaurs, sharks, crocodiles, again not pigeons (“They’re an abomination”, - Yu Jimin 2023). Don’t ask her why she likes those three and finds them adorable or else she’ll answer you with a 1000 word essay.

 

She’s been wanting to adopt a cat or a puppy but something hinders it. Asthmatic, yep you heard that right she’s asthmatic. Heck, she can’t even be near them for too long for her dear life because she’s allergic to these kinds of animals.

 

But Jimin is kind of stubborn, okay not kind of because she’s really stubborn. She still goes near those animals, even pets and carries them.

 

Normally she wouldn’t go near them if they’re with their owner and she doesn’t know the said owner. But she just couldn’t resist this one. The gray poodle, clad with a white winter outfit for puppies, who’s trotting but in small steps is just too adorable for her.

 

Maybe it’s because she’s too tired and can’t think clearly that she decided to do the unthinkable. So before she could hold herself back she crossed the street and approached them. She crouched down when she was in front of them. The poodle stopped in front of her and looked up at her.

 

“Cute”, Jimin smiled at the puppy and started to softly pet with her left hand so as to not scare it away. The puppy started to waggle its tail signaling Jimin that it likes what she’s doing. Jimin then brought her free hand and started to rub the back of both of its ears.

 

“Well, aren’t you a cute one?”, she cooed. She giggled as the puppy her hands. She started rubbing its chin and scrunched her nose because the puppy was too adorable for her own good. It then went closer to her and sort of stood up to touch Jimin’s knees and brought one of its paws up. Jimin grinned and grabbed its paw and was about to lean her face more toward the puppy when she heard a cough in front of her.

 

‘Oh, ’, she thought.

 

Jimin bit her lower lip, embarrassed because she just started going all over this person’s puppy out of nowhere. Reluctantly, she let go of her hold of the puppy and rubbed her hands together, to wipe the dander and furs, and stood up. She saw the puppy putting one of its paws up alternately and jumping, wanting to get her attention back. But she still has matters at hand so she looked up to face the owner of this cute puppy. What she saw made her stop and literally took her breath away. A ginger-haired girl, she just noticed hair color right now because she was too engrossed with the puppy, was staring back at her.

 

‘She’s pretty…wait no,’

 

‘Exquisite’, was the only thing she could describe the person in front of her.

 

But what she didn't realize is that the ginger-haired girl was looking at her with full of judgment.

 

‘This girl is a bit weird’, the other girl thought. You can’t blame the girl for thinking like that. She genuinely thought Jimin was about to kidnap the puppy because she just appeared out of nowhere and started petting it. She was even freaked out at some point but she calmed down pretty quickly. And right now, Jimin isn’t even saying anything and just looking at her for seconds already. So yeah, you can’t blame her for thinking like that.

 

“It seems like you love puppies, am I right?” she asked Jimin.

 

“Huh?” Jimin dumbly answered back, brain still not functioning well. The girl in front of her chuckled.

 

‘Wow, even her voice sounds so pretty too…and cute’, Jimin said to herself dreamily.

 

“I asked if you love dogs since you seem to be all over Zero earlier”, the ginger-haired girl said with a small smile on her face.

 

‘Damn, she looks so cute when she smiles- GODDAMNIT YU JIMIN! Get a grip of yourself she’s talking to you!’ she reprimanded herself for being so whipped already. If you haven’t noticed already, Jimin isn’t straight. Now she’s used to seeing pretty girls but this girl in front of her may be the most beautiful girl of them all, in the whole world even, so you can’t really blame her for constantly gay panicking.

 

“What… o-oh, oh yeah yeah. I-I like puppies' ', Jimin stuttered. “A-and cats too. I also like sharks, and uhhhm crocodiles a-and dinosaurs”. Jimin doesn’t ramble and stutter, she exudes confidence and she has a lot of admirers as well. But with the girl in front of her looking this pretty, she can’t help it.

 

“Wait, I’m rambling. I’m sorry”, Jimin looked down, ashamed. She sees the puppy still wanting her attention.

 

‘Wow her voice is pretty deep.’

 

‘She’s a bit of a dork too…cute’, the other girl thought.

 

“It’s okay”, she smiled showing her dimples.

 

‘Just when I thought she couldn’t get any prettier. God, can I have her?’ Jimin couldn’t help but gush at the adorable dimples this other girl has. She’s contemplating if she should make a move on this girl.

 

“Wait, Zero? Is that his name?” Jimin asked, finally back to her senses.

 

“Yes, he’s five years old”, the girl answered back.

 

“He’s really cute”, Jimin cooed yet again and looked down at the puppy.

 

“I see, that’s why you just went in front of us and was all over him out of nowhere”, the ginger-haired girl teased Jimin.

 

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry about that! I just came out of nowhere. Did I scare you off or offended you in any way?” Jimin asked, worried that she scared off the girl.

 

“No no, it’s fine!” the girl answered.

 

“But honestly, I really thought you were going to kidnap him or something I was looking the other way and one second you were already in front of him”

 

‘Way to go, Yu Jimin’, she thought and reprimanded herself, for scaring off a stranger, in the process

 

“So I did scare you off. I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you off, your puppy was just too adorable so I can’t help myself but pet him. But I know it’s not an excus-'' Jimin sincerely apologized.

 

“Hey hey, it’s fine! It’s my fault too. I wasn’t minding my surrounding”, she cut Jimin off, waving her free hand in front of her, because she was rambling again.

 

“Are you sure? Do you want me to make it up to bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter