ONE-SHOT ONLY

this time I'll say it back.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dating for eight months should have grown a relationship a lot better already. But no, not for this couple— Mina and Momo.

They’ve known each other for more than three years because of a mutual friend but, up until now they were already dating, they still haven’t broken their shyness and awkwardness on each other. They haven’t kiss yet. Haven’t hold hands and can’t even hold to look at each other’s eyes for a second that just doesn’t make sense for others. Their friends were even doubting their relationship, that maybe they only decided to date because of the similarity of their personalities and not because they truly like each other. That they were just forcing their selves for the sake of this commitment.

Funny, because even one of this couple thinks the same way now.

 

Five minutes…

Momo needed five minutes before pressing the doorbell on Mina’s apartment. And Mina, needed few more seconds to get ready before opening the door though she’s been expecting Momo since earlier.

“H-Hi… C-Come in.” Mina’s greeting was so stiff, that Momo can only smile back to Mina as a response.

As Momo enters following Mina inside, her eyes got glued on the floor. They have been dating outside doing some couple stuffs like movie date, dinner date and even group dates with their friends but this is obviously their first time for this set up.

“Y-You may sit.” Mina offered the couch to Momo, who did awkwardly seat down as she’s told. Her hands rubbing on her knees, didn’t know why she’s feeling uncomfortable. Mina on the other hand was just self-consciously standing on the side, looking everywhere but Momo.

“Ah…” Momo slightly muttered, remembering she brought some snacks for Mina. “I got you something. Though I am not sure if you’ll like this.” Momo gave Mina the paper bag, worried that it wasn’t enough since she’s not sure what to offer actually.

“T-Thank you. You don’t have to but, I’ll like this for sure.” Mina claimed it, gladly grinning after eyeing the macaroon and more sweets inside the paper bag. They have the same taste, so Mina knew she’ll like everything Momo will give her.

Though the awkwardness is floating around them, they still manage to go on and watch the movies they both recommended to watch.

“This last movie is crazy. The ending really betrayed me.” Momo, who slightly got adjusted uttered, while Mina laughs at her from the kitchen.

“It’s fun, right?” Mina asked and gained a nod from her girlfriend. Mina was glad Momo liked the movie she picked. Now, she’s readying the foods for their dinner. Mina wasn’t the best cook. Knowing this and looking forward to this night, she even enrolled in a cooking class to learn. That’s how devoted she is for this night. Because for this night, she finally made up her mind.

“Dinner is ready.” Mina announced. And Momo took her step to the dining after leaving the phones she’s playing games at the couch.

Momo eyed the foods. She did not expect that much but it all looks delicious into her eyes. Mina saw it, Momo gulping hungrily that made her satisfied.

“Sit. I’ll just go to the bathroom for a minute.” Mina quickly excuses herself. Goes to the bathroom and the moment the door closes, she breathes deeply like she’s been suffocated for a long time. She quickly holds on to the sink, slowly looking up seeing her state on the mirror.

“It’s okay Mina. You can do this.” She muttered to herself, counted ten seconds, before she breathes in again, stands straight and smile.

“Let’s end this like how you practiced.” Mina composed herself before opening the door. There she saw Momo, innocently waiting for her. She forced a smile, walking closer.

“Sorry. I took too long right? Let’s eat.”

Momo felt so hungry waiting, that she did not hesitate to get the spoon and took a bite first. Mina was genuinely smiling this time. Happy Momo is always enjoying herself when it comes food. But it gradually faded, getting wary again. In the end, she’s not ready like she thought so. But she think if not now, she probably won't be able to do this next time. And Momo, will be stuck in their awkward relationship forever. She doesn't want to weigh Momo down anymore.

“Thank you for the food.” Momo told Mina after finishing her plate. Mina on the other hand didn’t ate that much. She can’t even swallow her food now.

Mina lifts up her head slowly and faces Momo, that it suddenly changed the atmosphere not back in the awkwardness, but it’s different this time.

Momo thought Mina was acting unusual, especially Mina was staring directly at her eyes that they never did before. It’s making her nervous all of a sudden. She gulped, was about to open and say something but Mina’s sudden wistful smile made her stunned.

“Thank you for coming here tonight, Momo. I truly appreciate and enjoyed this night.” Mina halted, her emotion slips out of her control that she needed to bit her lower lip. “I truly loved every second with you… but I guess this is how we should end this. Let’s end this… Momo.” She swallowed all her emotions, just so could tell Momo that straight without stutter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter