Final

Sick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

.

.

 

It was past midnight, and Tiffany couldn't sleep well that night. She can't seem to fall asleep, so she keeps shifting around on the bed. Her body doesn't feel good, and worse, she's sweating even though the AC has been set to the lowest temperature. She rose up, brushing her hair to the back. Her eyes then shift to the person beside her who is sleeping so soundly like a little baby. She smiled before pulling the blanket over his body, not wanting to wake him up.

 

Tiffany slowly left the bed and made her way out of the room to the kitchen.

 

*Beep*

 

"37.9..." As she set the thermometer on the kitchen counter, she sighed. She has a fever, which explains why her body has been uncomfortably achy since the morning. It even got worse at the workplace but the woman chose to ignore it thinking it maybe because she was tired from work.

 

She took a big gulp of water, feeling so thirsty even though it hurt in . Since she was sweating a lot, Tiffany changed her clothes and then walked into the bedroom again to bring out the new blanket and pillow as she decided to sleep on the couch in the living room, afraid that Taeyeon might catch her cold if she sleeps beside him.

 

She closed the bedroom door slowly.

 

.

.

.

 

She stirs in her sleep when feels a weight beside her. Tiffany turned aside and felt a hand on her head to find Taeyeon looking at her.

 

"Tae..." Her voice cracks.

 

"Hey..." He says gently. In the dim living room, Tiffany could feel his eyes on her with a warm smile spread across his face. "I woke up and found you're not beside me" It was 3 a.m., so it was still early.

 

Taeyeon leaned closer. "You okay? Why are you sleeping outside?" He felt the heat from her skin when he touched her cheek.

 

"Fany-ah, you're burning," Taeyeon said, surprised.

 

" .. umm" She nodded without opening her eyes. Taeyeon quickly the stand lamp beside the couch. She let out a low breath, feeling very weak, and Taeyeon could see the redness and slight frown on her face. He touched her forehead anxiously.

 

He rushes to the kitchen and sees the thermometer on the kitchen counter. Taeyeon went to the sick woman, knelt down, and took her temperature.

 

*beep*

 

"38.0..." He mumbled in worry. "We should go to the hospital"

 

Tiffany held his wrists and shook weakly. "I'm good, Tae. Just a fever, really. I just need to get some rest, and I'll be ok."

 

Knowing how stubborn she is, Taeyeon decides to not argue. "Fine. If your temperature is still not getting down until tomorrow morning, I'll take you to the hospital no matter what, understand?"

 

Tiffany smiled with her closed eyes. "Got it..."

 

"Have you taken the medicine yet?"

 

She shook her head.

 

"Wait," Taeyeon stood and went to the kitchen. Later, he brought medicine and a glass of water with him.

 

He woke her softly. "Come, help yourself" He helped her to sit on the couch and handed the medicine and water to her.

 

"Thank you..." said Tiffany, giving back the glass to her after taking the medicine.

 

"Feeling better?" He asked.

 

She nodded A little, but my throat hurts."

 

"You have overworked yourself. That's why." Taeyeon took her hands in his and caresses hers softly.

 

"I'm not..." Tiffany murmured, avoiding his eyes. Taeyeon cracked a smile, finding this cute side of her.

 

"For now, get enough rest first. I'll call your office tomorrow, telling them that you can't attend. No work tomorrow"

 

"I understand"

 

"Let's sleep on the bed. It's uncomfortable to sleep here"

 

Tiffany refused. "You can't catch a cold from me, Tae"

 

"Let it. I don't want you to sleep here" He pouted.

 

"I'm fine with the couch. You should sleep on the bed"

 

"I don't care. I'm going to stay here with you if you want to sleep here" Taeyeon insisted. He then sat beside her "Move, make a space for me too"

 

Tiffany sighed "Ouh.. why you're so stubborn, Kim Taeyeon?"

 

"Correction, we both are stubborn" Taeyeon grinned. He leaned closer wanting to kiss her on the lips but was stopped by Tiffany's palm on his lips.

 

"Don't. I don't want you to get sick"

 

Taeyeon pulled her hand, held it, and leaned closer again, still stealing the kiss from her.

 

He whispered to her face with a smirk "As I said, I don't care"

 

She rolled her eyes "Fine. There's no point in arguing with you. Let's sleep in the room. The couch wouldn't fit us"

                 

As she said it, Taeyeon lifted her, carrying her in bridal style. Tiffany immediately wrapped her arms around his neck. He walked into the bedroom and placed her gently on the bed. He lay beside her and pulled her into a cuddle.

 

"Sleep. You need a rest"

 

"Hmm" Tiffany responded while snuggling him on his chest closer. it felt so comfortable to be in his arms and a little bit helps to reduce her pain.

 

"Tae..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Our third anniversary is near. Do you have any plans?"

 

Like on their anniversary before, they always plan together what they should do on their special day.

 

Taeyeon chuckled "Suddenly? This is so random"

 

"Just because. I suddenly thought of it..."

 

"Hmm I don't have any plans yet. But what do you have in mind?"

 

"What do you think about getting out of the city? Like driving somewhere or camping. Let's take a day off that day."

 

"Sure. I like the idea,"

 

Tiffany yawned before she slowly drove into sleep. That night when Tiffany was already deep in her sleep, Taeyeon was still awake. He stared up at the ceiling, thinking.

 

He then smiled alone.

 

.

.

.

 

'I hate you'

 

'I hate you too'

 

'You're so mean'

 

'You're childish'

 

'щ(゜ロ゜щ) I'm not!'

 

'uh-huh? You sure, kiddo?'

 

'I'm not a kid!'

 

'Yeah, say that to the person who acts like a kid because he doesn't want to eat his food!'

 

'You've hurt me. Don't talk to me for one minute'

 

'...'

 

'...'

 

'...'

 

'YAH WHY ARE YOU NOT REPLYING?!'

 

'YOU SAID DON'T TALK TO YOU IDIOT!'

 

'I SAID TALKING NOT TEXTING!'

 

' U. I'M GONNA BLOCK YOUR NUMBER! (ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻'

 

'┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) DON'T YOU DARE'

 

*you have blocked this number*

 

Tiffany huffed in satisfaction and throw her phone aside on the couch before she could hear Taeyeon's scream inside their bedroom "Nooooo!"

 

"Heh serves you" Tiffany scoffed

 

It's been two hours already since Taeyeon locked himself in the room, sulking, and at the same time she got kicked out of the room by him. It all started when Taeyeon caught a cold from Tiffany a few days ago. She has already warned him about the chance that he could catch the cold from her, but he ignored her advice.  And now he suffered from it.

 

"Yah Wake up!" Tiffany tried to pull the blanket over his body but the guy's grip was too strong.

 

"No! I don't want to!" He yelled under the blanket.

 

"Oh come on! Don't make this hard! Just a little okay? You need to eat"

 

"The porridge is from mom, isn't it? I won't eat it!"

 

Mrs. Kim's herb porridge, which is well known and famous among the Kim family members and Tiffany for having the worst taste ever cooked specially by Mrs. Kim! The ingredients consist of every herb that is good for the cold such as ginseng, ginger, garlic, rosemary, and others that are not supposed to be put together too many because they really taste horrible. However, Mrs. Kim believes when the person eats the porridge, he could recover faster. And every time whoever in the Kim family gets caught a cold, the porridge is always on the menu of their daily food. It's almost l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter