as the sunset goes by | winrina / jiminjeong one-shot AU

as the sunset goes by | winrina / jiminjeong one-shot AU

It’s the day someone knocks at Akila’s house with a full smile while holding flowers that she bought beforehand and waiting for the door to open. She looks anticipated because it’s valentine’s day.

 

“Hello, Tita mama!” Kaizer greets Akila’s mother and gives her some flowers. Her girlfriend’s parent welcomes her, thank her, and they talk for a while.

 

“Oh Tita mama, I was about to ask permission if it’s okay to walk Akila in the park. Aki texted me a while ago that she wants to go outside in the meantime.” Kaizer asks politely to the mother. Akila’s parent nodded as a sign of she allowed her daughter to have a moment with her loved ones.

 

Kaizer sat in the living room waiting for her girlfriend. A few seconds later, Kaizer hears footsteps from upstairs thinking that it’s the love of her life. While Akila’s walking down the stairs, Kaizer looks at her girlfriend dearly.

 

“Hi!” Akila smilingly greets her with a matching hug.

 

“Mama, we’re heading outside.” Akila bid to her mother. “Take care you two.” Her mother reminded both of them and they proceed to go to the park.


 

While the two walk in the park with their hands intertwined, Akila asks Kaizer something that caught the woman off guard.

 

“My love, do you think I can still do this?” Kaizer silenced for a second what her lover said. Deep thoughts suddenly came into her head while processing the question.

 

After a few seconds, Kaizer answered the question, “You still do Akin, as much as you can.” Kaizer assured her lover with a smile. A smile that mixes pain and sorrow.

 

“Let’s go back, shall we?” Kaizer said as Akila agreed and they head back to the house.



 

Many days later, Kaizer comes back to Akila’s house. She knocks politely and waits for someone to open the door. Akila’s mother greets her with sadness like it was about to cry.

 

“She’s at the balcony Kai, waiting for you.” The mother said and she immediately go upstairs heading to the balcony.

 

At the front door of the balcony, she saw Akila seating at the side bench looking at the landscape. It was sunset. It was supposed to be a good moment for them.

 

Kaizer sat beside her and hold her beloved’s hand. “I’m here.” She looks at her with a comforting smile.

 

Akila smiled back and hold Kaizer’s hand tighter. She leans on her forever’s shoulder.

 

“Can I still do this?” Akila asked again.

 

Their surroundings were silent as Kaizer thinks deeply again about what Akila said.

 

While she was in her thoughts, Kaizer suddenly heard a sob.

 

“I’m still here, Akin.” She said while staring at their surrounding while preventing her tears to fall.

 

After a few minutes, they’re still in their position. Akila’s sobs stop as she calmed down in the presence of her Kaizer.

 

“Kai.” Akila called while staring in front.

 

“Hm?”

 

“You still love me right?”

 

“I still do, Akin.”

 

“Thank you for everything, My love. Can you sing for me?”

 

Kaizer silently sings as what her girlfriend’s request. She hums while she caressed Akila’s hair.

 

Akila slowly closes her eyes while listening to her love.

 

The woman sensed something she was afraid of.

 

Kaizer silently cried and hummed while Akila was still leaning on her shoulder with closed eyes and motionless.

 

“I love you, Akin.” She said as the sunset goes by.