Her little chop shop girl

How many times do we go through this moment to hold back

She stands in the middle of the airport, a small smile playing on her lips, eyes looking around to find the security counter, once she spots it, she grabs her bag and fixes her blazer.

 

Clad in a newly tailored ash-grey two-piece suit with sunglasses covering the secrets her eyes hold and a charming smile that steals the hearts of many, she struts toward the security counter.

 

“Welcome to Canada,” the man greets with a cheerful voice completely opposite to his actions as he scans the woman with his eyes, rummaging through her bag.

 

“Down the alleyway, take the car and retrieve Wendy Shon,” he smiles, hands going back and forth in her suitcase until he comes across a small seal in the corner of the suitcase.

 

“Good luck Agent Kang.”

 

Her name is Kang Seulgi. She's Korean. She is not your typical Korean spy. Despite being a girl, she joined the Korean army aged 18 and was posted to North Korea. After the North's defeat, she stayed on as a part of the occupying force. This is when she discovered the vast profits to be made on the post-war black market.

 

She started stealing and selling high-end art and antiquities. She proceeded methodically, teaching herself several languages. Her criminal ingenuity had made headlines all over North Korea. The police created a special task force with the sole purpose of bringing her to justice.

 

And even then, it was lucky they caught her. This now infamous story caught the attention of South Korean Special Forces who recognized that this woman's extraordinary talents would be wasted in jail.

 

A deal was struck.

 

Since then Kang Seulgi has been their most successful and high-profile agent.

 

Raising her eyebrows she steps inside the old car workshops and places her briefcase on an empty table. Hands clad in the pockets of her pants she steps forward in front of a car.

 

“I always believed that the original 750cc engines were underpowered for their design. But this is quite the upgrade. Stick wings on that and you'd need a runway,” she spoke in perfect English examining the car.

 

“Your accent is pretty good for a Korean,” a girl came out from under the car and grabbed the towel from the side, not forgetting to glare at the latter.

 

“You look important. Or at least, your suit does,” Wendy speaks with a smile before she goes back under the car.

 

“Well, it's about your home county,” Seulgi pauses. “Do you consider that important?”

 

“Smart woman to go with the smart suit but that won't take you far here. Statements like that can get you in trouble.”

 

“Or they can get you out of it.”

 

“Make yourself comfortable, why don't you?” Wendy comes out with a sigh and stands up brushing off dust from her clothes.

 

“Okay. Miss important-suit why are you here and what do you want?” Wendy asks with annoyance.

 

“I'm here to have a friendly chat about your father.”

 

“I don't have a father.”

 

“I don't mean your late foster father, the mechanic. I mean your real father. The doctor aka South Korea's favorite rocket scientist.” Seulgi flashes a childhood picture of the woman with her father with a grin on her face.

 

“That doesn't sound very friendly,” Wendy looks away. “You're wasting your time here. I haven't seen him for 18 years.”

 

“After the war, he worked for us and enjoyed a good life then went missing for two years until two weeks ago he was spotted in North Korea,” Seulgi raises her brow looking at the unfamiliar pin in her briefcase. 

 

“If his knowledge gets into the wrong hands, things could get a little messy. End of Korea, you know that kind of thing.”

 

“Funny. What makes you think I know where he is?”

 

“Darling, I don't think you do, but I think you know someone who does. Your mother's brother, Uncle Leeteuk.”

 

Seulgi stands up and gathers her stuff as the girl looks at her with an amused expression.

 

“Why do you think I would help you?” Wendy smiles, almost finding the whole situation absurd.

 

“If I had 15 minutes, we'd drink tea, eat cookies, I'd talk, you'd laugh and we'd be on our way. Unfortunately, I don't,” Seulgi points toward the window as she keeps speaking.

 

“So, my offer is to come with me now and be at a chic little hotel in less than an hour or stay here and spend the night with whoever they are hanging from the ceiling, having your toenails removed,” Wendy looks out of the window and spots a woman with a gun in her hand accompanied by some men.

 

Seulgi smiles as the girl nods. She holds the map in her hand sketching out an escape route.

 

“Do you mind terribly if I borrow your car?”

 

Seulgi lies in the back doodling over the map as the girl drives. “Could you pass me that brown paper bag from my case, please?”

 

Wendy obliges as she rolls her eyes when the car comes to a halt at the red light.

 

“Are they still following us?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Seulgi rolls down the window as the other car stops right next to them.

 

“Is there only one of them? Just hum if there is.”

 

Wendy feels a lump forming in , her heartbeat ringing in her ears. She gulps and looks to the side to see the same woman sitting inside the car. She blinks and her breath hitches once she registers the beauty the woman carries. She takes a deep breath and looks away letting out a hum.

 

“Is she looking at us?”

 

Pretending to check the mirror, she looks toward the other car again before she hums. This time she maintains eye contact subconsciously. She feels her eyes getting locked on the girl in the opposite car. It baffles her that a woman with such an innocent face can cause this much fear.

 

“Does she have just one hand on the steering wheel?”

 

Wendy feels mesmerised by the beauty refusing to take her eyes off it as she hums. She lets out a shaky breath when the girl's eyes move up and down for a moment before they go back to focusing on her face.

 

“When you hear something that sounds like a gunshot…Drive.”

 

Seulgi shoots and the car races forward. Seulgi sits up and looks behind before she focuses on the map.

 

“Did you get her?” Wendy asks as she manoeuvres through the road. She ignores the lurching of her heart and keeps her feet on the gas pedal.

 

“Let's just hope she doesn't drive as quickly as she moves,” Seulgi sighs and follows the lines she drew on the map.

 

Leaning behind, the girl looks at her back mirror to see the car racing towards them. She subconsciously lets out a sigh of relief before her eyes meet Seulgi's eyes and she gives her brow a raise.

 

“I got news for you…she does.”

 

••• ︻デ═一 ••• 

 

“Look at them,” Seulgi looks around rubbing her eyes that have been deprived of sleep as she follows her boss Yunho. “Enjoying the bliss of freedom while we work tirelessly to keep them safe,” He sighs entering the male's restroom, signalling her to follow her.

 

She follows him inside as he kicks open some of the stalls giving her the impression that maybe he's looking for something or someone.

 

“Looking for anything in particular Sir?”

 

He laughs and s his pants giving Seulgi the cue to roll her eyes and turn around.

 

“What I am about to feed you is going to taste bitter Seulgi,” he began. “Nevertheless, you're gonna have to swallow it.”

 

Hearing footsteps, she assumes that he is done and makes the mistake of turning around only to find the agent that made her life a living hell the previous night by chasing her throughout the city standing in front of her with a fiery gaze and a closed fist that only meant more trouble.

 

She doesn't get enough time to think of anything as she gets a punch thrown at her before she gets bulldozed by the small women through numerous stalls. It baffles her how such a small woman could lock her in a headlock and have her actually gasping for air.

 

“Irene,” Changmin walks in after he acknowledges the presence of Yunho. He eyes the small woman to let go of the latter which Irene obeys. “Don't kill your partner on the first day.”

 

They find themselves enjoying tea beside the river as they sit opposite each other.

 

“Dr. Shon was on the verge of a breakthrough that'll allow anyone to build a nuclear device. We believe that Miss Son's uncle Leeteuk, who owns a huge shipping company, is actually an undercover criminal organization that is currently in the process of building nuclear weapons.” Changmin briefs.

 

“He has close ties with Amber Liu and her husband Park Chanyeol but he's not the problem here, the problem is Amber and we believe that they are behind the disappearance of Dr. Shon.” Yunho picks up from Changmin left and explains further.

 

“We have no choice but to work together. Your mission is to infiltrate this organisation and to retrieve Dr. Shon and his research,” Changmin said, placing a drive on the table. “The information will be stored in a similar drive, whoever has it will be the most powerful nation in the world.”

 

“Your mission is to get behind Amber and her husband,” Seulgi nodded.

 

“Irene will focus on Wendy and her uncle Leeteuk,” Irene blinked in acknowledgment.

 

The two old men stood up as Yunho told them, “We'll leave you two to get acquainted.”

 

Irene rolled her eyes and tugged her blazer. “Obviously, I was briefed about you. Your corrupt and criminal background, until you were caught and the South Korean Special Forces blackmailed you into working for them. But I wonder what motivates you to become such an effective agent.”

 

“I concluded it must be to counteract the humiliation you must face because after all, you're at the end of a very long leash held by an old man,” Irene smirked as she leaned back on her chair.

 

“I'm sure you understand humiliation. Better than most.”

 

“How so?”

 

“Well after your performance last night…I thought I should read up on you,” Seulgi smiled and took her sunglasses out of her pocket.

 

“Rather a sad story, what with your dad being a big pal of Sooman's and a top government official with all the perks and privileges right up until he was caught embezzling party funds. How old were you when he was sent to the North? Ten? Eleven years old? Was that when the psychotic episodes started? You did, however, rise above it,” Seulgi nodded with a teasing smile that consisted of pure arrogance.

 

“Special Forces, Top grade agent. The youngest woman to join, in fact, and their best within three years. I do wonder if it was your father's shame that gave you such drive, though. Or…was it your mother's reputation. I understand that she was extremely popular among your father's friends after he was shipped to North Korea,” Seulgi stood up and walked away leaving a raging Irene behind who made sure to destroy some chairs to ease out her anger.

 

••• ︻デ═一 ••• 

 

“Is this a joke?” Wendy lets out a huff of annoyance. “I am not going back to that country,” she mumbles, looking away from Seulgi's piercing gaze.

 

Irene tilts her neck and leans against the counter, eyes fixed on Wendy with an amused expression as she takes her in from head to toe. She shakes her head at the dress Seulgi probably picked for her and makes her way toward the younger girl.

 

“My woman would never wear something like this,” she whispers, startling Wendy as her front meets with her back before she turns around and finds herself in a state of shock upon seeing her.

 

“What's she doing here?” Wendy turns around and faces Seulgi with a questionable raise of eyebrows.

 

“It's part of the mission,” Seulgi shrugs.

 

“And why did she call me her woman?”

 

“Cause now I am your fiance.”

 

Wendy's jaw falls wide open in a comical way making Irene's lips tug upwards with a small amused smile, it's taunting in a way and it irks her.

 

“She's an architect designing a resort for the North Korean soldiers. The North Korean Minister of Culture has a weakness for classical architecture. She goes there to study and manages to secure a visa for her fiancée and that's how you'll introduce her to your uncle Leeteuk,” Seulgi explains.

 

“What about you? What's your cover? Couldn't they choose you to be my promised?”

 

“Darling, I have no problem in becoming your fiance but it's just that these over-observant eyes of mine see more chemistry between you two than me and you,” Seulgi wiggled her brows as she flashed a teasing grin toward both of them. “And as far as my cover is concerned, don't worry you'll see a lot of me.”

 

Irene raised her brows as she stepped forward invading Wendy's personal space without any warning. She looks down to see her taking steps back and it makes her want to more so takes another step forward followed by her taking another one backward. It keeps happening until Wendy back meets the wall and she ends up cornering her.

 

“My promised would never wear such things,” she whispered before pointing toward the changing room. “I have picked the perfect clothes that would look good on this body of yours. So, be my guest and try them on.”

 

Wendy eyed her as she walked inside the room Irene pointed. Irene looked back with an amused smile toward Seulgi.

 

“Don't call her darling,” Irene told her.

 

“Well, it seems like you don't need me here anymore. I'll see you and your fiancée in North Korea,” Seulgi rolled her eyes and walked out of the shop.

 

Irene crossed her arms and turned around to see Wendy adjusting her clothes in the mirror. She blinked for a moment registering her beauty. She felt a little sad upon knowing that she had to kill her that night but it seems like fate had other plans for them. Her fiancée looked ethereal under the light of a lamppost that night during the chase but she would prefer her just the way she is but of course she isn't going to say that out loud.

 

“Not bad.” 

 

Irene walked around her. Checking her out in the clothes she picked for her before she grabbed her hand.

 

“It's missing something.”

 

Wendy watched as Irene brought out a ring from her pocket and slid the cold metal onto her finger. She looked up to see Irene raising her brows at her fingers.

 

“Now we are engaged.” Irene leaned in to whisper with a smirk.

 

“Congratulations,” Wendy replies as she rolled her eyes and walked back inside to try on the other clothes.

 

“So,” Wendy spoke from inside. “Wouldn't it be better to get a man to act as my fiance? It's North after all.” Wendy raised her brow as she came out to look at herself in the mirror as Irene made herself comfortable on a nearby couch to keep her eyes on her.

 

“Good question,” Irene snickered. “At least you're not under the influence of Kang.”

 

“You think your uncle wouldn't get it when his beloved niece has been living in Canada for more than a decade and to answer your question that's the plan to keep eyes on us so my partner can do her work,” Irene replied deadpan.

 

“Geez,” Wendy snickered and walked back to the changing room. “How did you figure out my size?”

 

“One, I have eyes, and Two, I have hands.”

 

“I get that you have a erted gaze but I don't remember anything about your hands touching my body.”

 

“My promised, we shouldn't talk about our blissful adventures in the bedroom here.”

 

Wendy brought out her head from the changing room flashing her middle finger toward Irene, making the older woman chuckle as she gestured for her to head back inside.

 

••• ︻デ═一 ••• 

 

Irene hooks her arm around Wendy's torso as they walk outside for an evening stroll before dinner.

 

“What are we doing here?” Wendy asks looking up to maintain eye contact because you never know, people have eyes and ears. It'll be suspicious if people of the North won't be skeptical of a same- couple from the South.

 

“Looking around to see some great work of architecture,” Irene replied and looked toward Wendy. “And hoping to spend some quality time with my promised on this vacation.”

 

“You're a little too clingy darling, we spend time with each other every day,” Wendy chuckles, slapping Irene's shoulder.

 

“It doesn't mean it's enough for me,” Irene grabs her hand and presses a kiss on her palm.

 

They stop in front of a fountain when Seulgi joins them. Irene clenches her jaw at the sight of her partner making no effort to stay hidden.

 

“You're not supposed to make any interaction in public.”

 

“You're being followed.”

 

“I know, two men, one with an orange shirt and long hair while the other one was in a suit, they have been following us since we checked in, stop acting like babysitter when I am capable of handling them.”

 

“Handle? Nope, you're not handling them. I overheard them, they are planning to corner you two and ask for your watch. If you fight they'll know.”

 

Wendy senses the anger from the way Irene clenches her jaw and grabs her by her arm before she walks away from Seulgi. The last thing she wants is for their cover to be blown and spend the rest of her life getting tortured in North Korea.

 

“Beautiful ladies we got here.”

 

Irene subconsciously changes their sides and keeps Wendy away from the men before she tightens her hold around Wendy's arm.

 

“Mind treating us to some dinner,” One of them approaches Wendy and Irene immediately stands in front of her and hands over her wallet to them hoping they'll go away.

 

Much to her dismay, the man in a suit takes out a knife and points it at them.

 

“Give the ring and the watch now!”

 

Irene clenches her jaw and looks toward Wendy whose hands shake as she takes off her ring and hands it over to them. The man gestures for her to remove her watch but she stands still. 

 

“Give me the watch!”

 

With a defeated sigh Irene takes off the watch and hands it over to them. The man laughs and turns around. His partner nudges Wendy's shoulder almost making her fall and that sets off alarms in her head.

 

“Don't you dare ing touch her!” She punches one of the guys as the other one takes out a gun helping his partner to stand up so they could flee.

 

Wendy holds her back by hugging her as she gently rubs her back trying to calm her down.

 

“It was my father's watch.”

 

“We'll get it back.”

 

Wendy reassures her still hugging her as she spots Seulgi from a distance, giving them a thumbs up. She pulls back and cups Irene's face.

 

“Let's get some dinner and some wine so you can calm down.”

 

Irene just nods as they make their way back to the city area. She looks down to see her hands trembling, itching to follow those men and end their lives in cold blood but then her eyes shift to her other hand held by Wendy and she surprisingly feels her anger subsiding.

 

It feels weird, they have known each other for some weeks only, but everything around Wendy feels strange.

 

••• ︻デ═一 ••• 

 

“We're fine. Irene is a bit shaken. She's very concerned about my safety. She has never witnessed something like this in Canada. She'll be fine by the morning,” Wendy speaks to her uncle with Irene's eyes fixed on her.

 

“There is a party tomorrow to celebrate the 50th anniversary of uncle Leeteuk's company. He has invited us,” Wendy informs, grabbing some wine for herself as Irene nods.

 

“Want some?”

 

“No, thanks.”

 

Wendy shrugs and pours herself a glass and gulps it down immediately. She sighs and drinks some more which earns Irene's attention. The older girl leaves the game of chess she is playing with herself and stares at her.

 

“Would you like a bigger glass?” Irene mumbles sarcastically before she goes back to focusing on her game.

 

“I will finish this bottle,” Wendy replies nonchalantly and raises the bottle in the air. “The only question is…are you gonna help your promised finish this or not?”

 

“No. Thank you,” Irene rolls her eyes and looks down to move her pieces.

 

Wendy pouts and takes a huge sip from the bottle before she stands up with her hands on her hips almost offended at Irene's reply.

 

“This is fun?” Wendy asks, pointing toward the game of chess Irene is playing with herself, she huffs in annoyance when no answer comes and walks away.

 

Irene grits her teeth when she hears the sound of turning on the music player and the loud music echoes through the entire room. She massages her head, slapping it to gain focus as Wendy dances in the back.

 

“This is not a good idea,” Irene almost growls with frustration. It's been a long day. Being ordered around by her so-called partner and her father's watch getting stolen from her have taken a toll on her and now her supposed fiance who is very much drunk is making her life a living hell.

 

Irene sighs once she is sure that Wendy isn't going to calm down and throws the piece in her hand on the board before she gets up. With a stroll that very much screams that she's sick and tired of everything going around her and wants to sleep to calm herself down.

 

“I'm going to bed,” She paused. Please turn that off,” She mumbles and heads for the bed but Wendy grabs her arm to stop her and starts to dance in front of her. Irene pokes the side of her cheek annoyed at the nerve of the younger girl. She looks to her side to see the empty bottle on the floor and shakes her head in dismay.

 

“No fun dancing by yourself,” Wendy mumbles in a slurry tone stumbling upon her words as she blocks Irene's way once again when the older girl tries to go past them.

 

“I need a partner.”

 

“No.”

 

“No, as in you can't dance? Or you don't want to.”

 

“We'll call it both.”

 

Wendy smiles and holds Irene's arm guiding her through the rhythm of the song. Irene shakes her head with a sigh right before Wendy slaps her with her own hand.

 

“Oops.”

 

Irene doesn't get a chance to pull away as Seungwan guides her hands and makes her clap. She rolls her eyes as her hands start to pick up the rhythm of the song and she looks down to see Wendy with her flushed face, eyes closed and a grin on her face dancing. She fights back the urge to smile. Just when she actually starts to enjoy the whole thing Wendy makes her slap herself again making her angry once again.

 

“You're not in Canada, chop shop anymore,” Irene mutters under her breath.

 

“Still no drink?” Wendy pouts as she jerks the empty bottle in her hands offering it to the older girl.

 

“Don't you make me put you over my knee,” Irene threatens her with a piercing gaze.

 

“So you don't want to dance but you do want to wrestle,” Wendy nods and puts the bottle on the table beside her.

 

“No, I didn't say that,” Irene says in panic as Wendy approaches her with intentions that only mean trouble for both of them.

 

Feeling air get knocked out from her lungs Irene finds herself falling from a sofa that came in Wendy's way when she tried to tackle her to the ground.

 

Meanwhile, outside two housekeepers stopped in front of the room upon hearing loud music, furniture moving, and questionable groans that only meant one thing. It made them blush.

 

“I heard they are engaged,” One of them spoke as the other one giggled.

 

“They say, engaged couples are wild,” Both of them laughed as they walked away feeling a little guilty that they had invaded someone's privacy.

 

Irene found herself pinned to the floor breathless as Wendy gained an upper hand. Both of them breathed heavily as Wendy placed both of her hands on either side of Irene's face and Irene's hands grasped the latter's wrists.

 

While a drunk Wendy catches her breath Irene feels mesmerized by her beauty. Seeing Wendy without any makeup and messy hair seemed more gorgeous than anything else. It made her forget her purpose for some moments. She has been acting strange ever since her boss threw that picture of Wendy on the desk and ordered to kill her, it was not her. She was made for destruction and violence, and Wendy was the complete opposite of that.

 

Her eyes softened once Wendy started to lean down with her droopy eyes that were fixed on her lips. Subconsciously, Irene her lips anticipating something. She let go of Wendy's wrists once their noses touched. She didn't know where to put her hands so she settled on resting them on Wendy's waist.

 

Irene fluttered her eyes shut feeling Wendy's hot breath brushing her wet lips. For a moment she held her breath ready to capture those soft and plump lips but much to her dismay, Wendy's lips collided with the corner of her lips before she dragged them down to her neck as she passed out.

 

“What were you thinking?” Irene thought to herself as she felt disappointed. She sighed feeling Wendy's warm body flush against hers. She didn't realise that her fingers had already made their way inside Wendy's shirt and goosebumps appeared on her arm after feeling her soft and warm skin against her fingers.

 

She sat up and wrapped Wendy's limp arms around her neck as she grabbed Wendy's torso with a hint of hesitation to lift her. She made her way toward the bedroom with slow steps, careful not to wake the latter up.

 

Gently she tucked Wendy inside the sheets and instead of leaving she crouched beside her with the same amused smile on her face. She brushed away the latter's fringe and tucked the long strands of hair behind her ear.

 

“Good night, little chop-shop girl,” With one last caress to the younger girl's head she stood up and turned around to leave when a loose hold on her wrist stopped her. She turned around to see Wendy nuzzling her head against the pillow. She grabbed her hand and tucked it inside the blanket before she walked to the other side of the bed to get some sleep.

 

••• ︻デ═一 ••• 

 

Wendy grabbed her head as soon as she woke up. It was throbbing. She let out a groan and opened her eyes to see Irene sitting beside her with a newspaper in her hand.  

 

“You scared me,” Wendy gasped as she sat up.

 

“I was making sure you're still alive or the alcohol killed you,” Irene rolled her eyes, putting the newspaper she stood up and brought a trolley near her which was filled with different breakfast dishes. “Hangover soup is also there, you look like you need it.”

 

“Thanks,” Wendy muttered in a low voice as her eyes scanned the questionable condition of the room. “What happened last night? The room looks messy.”

 

“Well,” Irene gave her brow a quick raise as her hand grazed Wendy's cheek. “Do you wanna hear the truth or do you wanna hear what people thought about what happened?”

 

“Both,” Wendy replied, jerking away Irene's hand but the older girl couldn't be stopped as she trapped Wendy against the headboard of the bed.

 

“We wrestled last night and you ended up passing out on me. That's what really happened,” Irene elaborated, intentionally skipping out some details. “However, people think we were indulged in a very wild lovemaking,” Irene smirked watching a flustered Wendy.

 

“How did they come to that conclusion?”

 

“Imagination can be a very wild thing, my promised.”

 

Wendy slapped Irene's chest lightly making the older girl giggle. It made her heart flutter. That scrunched nose, the wrinkled eyes, and the gummy smile was making her heart thump loudly. She looked down feeling shy and to hide the warmth that was creeping on her cheeks.

 

“Am I interrupting something?” Seulgi asked as she sat on the couch.

 

“What part of giving privacy do you not understand?” Irene growled, feeling a bit frustrated as she pulled away and stood up, walking toward Seulgi.

 

“The part where you two don't need any,” Seulgi smiled, pouring herself some tea. “I heard some wild things but looking at you two, it looks like people really got their minds in the gutter.”

 

“Bottom line is that people believe that we're indeed engaged so instead of showing up here unannounced and giving us away, mind your own business.”

 

“Feisty. Looks like someone is annoyed that I ruined her moment. Don't worry you'll get plenty of those.”

 

“I will and they'll come to me unlike you who'll woo anyone just to get inside their pants,” Irene smirked, raising her fingers to point toward the ceiling.

 

“Well,” Seulgi smirked as she leaned closer to whisper. “The was great, I'll give her that.”

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

“Miss, I'd like to get your invitation card,” a man approached Seulgi.

 

“I wonder if I left it in the car?” Seulgi pouted after she patted her jacket.

 

“Could you please come with me, Mam?”

 

“I'm sure we can clear this up.”

 

Seulgi huffed when the man dragged her and threw her on the floor in front of the guests.

 

“Why would you do that?” A lady asked as she helped Seulgi to stand up.

 

“She doesn't have an invitation," The man answered but immediately regretted his actions when he saw Seulgi pulling out an envelope from her pants.

 

“I am Amber Liu. I do believe you deserve an apology.” 

 

“I would appreciate it.”

 

“So, you're a thief,” Amber mumbled.

 

“I'd like to call myself a specialist in complicated acquisitions,” Seulgi grinned, grabbing a glass of wine for herself from one of the guests without their knowledge.

 

“I hope you wear a mask.”

 

“Sometimes.”

 

“What can you do for me?”

 

“I acquire the special pieces of art that are impossible to get without the requisite skill set.”

 

Wendy took deep breaths as she saw her uncle Leeteuk from a distance. The car stopped and she stepped out.

 

“You have grown so much Wendy,” Leeteuk exclaimed as he pulled Wendy in for a hug.

 

Irene got out of the car and greeted the man with a respectable bow before she offered him a smile.

 

“I want to hear all about how you managed to win her heart,” Leeteuk mumbled as he led them inside.

 

Irene wrapped her arms around Wendy's waist and stayed behind her while they followed Leeteuk.

 

“Tell me, how does a South Korean architect meet a South Korean car mechanic in Canada?” Uncle Leeteuk asked as he sipped on his glass of champagne.

 

“It started when I was brought out to make some improvements in the slums of the city, and one morning, I was coming home when my car gave up on me. That is when I met the most expensive mechanic in Canada,” Irene smiled as she pulled Wendy closer.

 

“Did you even do anything there?” Leeteuk turned around to pour himself some more champagne. “You look small for someone who was given such a huge opportunity,” He turned around to see a frown on Irene's face.

 

“Now tell me, when did this happy accident occur?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“Two years ago,” Wendy smiled as she clasped Irene's hand and intertwined their finger to calm down the older girl with the soothing caresses of her thumb on her palm. She sensed that Irene had started to lose her temper the moment her fingers started to tremble.

 

“You never told your uncle Leeteuk about it?” He pouted, showing his sadness.

 

“I wanted to make sure that we were serious about it before telling anyone,” Wendy replied.

 

“Or were you perhaps ashamed?” Leeteuk cut her off.

 

“Why would she be ashamed?” Irene spoke in a rude manner that was only picked by Wendy.

 

“Do I really have to elaborate?” He looked toward Wendy and then at her with a chuckle making her blood boil as she clenched her fists.

 

“Uncle Leeteuk? That's not a very nice thing to say.” Wendy trailed off.

 

“Don't be so protective. I am sure our soon-to-be family member can take a joke,” Leeteuk snickered.

 

“Excuse me,” Irene gritted her teeth and let go of Wendy's hands before she walked away.

 

“I apologise for my rude mouth but I had to make sure,” Leeteuk smiled.

 

“You can make up to me if you get my father to attend my wedding,” Wendy looked away as she marched toward her purpose of agreeing to work with the two agents.

 

“Wendy, you're just like my daughter. I feel for you but I can't do anything for you in this matter. I don't know where your father is,” Leeteuk looked down apologetically as he caressed Wendy's hair.

 

She was disappointed but not surprised, after all it her father had abandoned her long ago, her focus was fixed on finding Irene and calm her down until she came across Park Chanyeol and her uncle dragged her to meet him.

 

“If you don't mind, I would like to take you out for dinner, to show my gratitude.”

 

“I'm afraid it'll not be possible. Excuse me, I have to find my fiance.”

 

She walked away feeling annoyed but the audacity of that man to do that despite being married.

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

It would be all for nothing if they got caught breaking into the satellite factory and blew up their whole mission. It all started with Irene finding the uranium radiations and ended with them running through the hotel lobbies with wet clothes. They had seen Amber and her men at the reception. It only meant trouble.

 

“What's going on? Where were you?” Wendy started to question but Irene ignored her and looked around the room.

 

“Where’s my tracker!” Irene mumbled as she rummaged through her things to find her tracker and the hearing device.

 

Wendy watched silently, confused but still very much worried as Irene tuned the listening device. They both turned to look at each other with raised eyebrows when the sounds of gasps and groans filtered through the small speaker. 

 

Both of them reached the conclusion that the groans weren't due to any pain.

 

“It doesn’t sound like she needs your help.” Wendy teased, turning back towards the bed.

 

Just as she was almost back to the bed, about to pull back the covers and try to get enough sleep to prepare for what she knew would be an awful day she realised something.

 

“Uncle Leeteuk called while you were out,” Wendy said suddenly, to which Irene raised her brows not getting the message.“He wanted to speak to you but I said you were asleep. They will come to check on our room too.”

 

Irene cursed under her breath and looked down at her clothes. There wouldn’t be enough time for her to change and get into bed to fit with the story that Wendy had told her Uncle. That left only one option…

 

“I need you to trust me,” Irene grabbed her by her arm and pulled her inside the bathroom leaving the door open as she discarded her shirt on the entrance of the door leaving her in her wet pants and a tank top only that was translucent enough to show the undergarment she was wearing.

 

She looked behind her to see some bathrobes behind them and then pushed a brazen Wendy against the wall. 

 

“ your shirt,” Irene ordered. Wendy’s eyes bugged wide as gaped when she saw Irene half . Irene looked away as she ed her shirt contemplating if she should take it off or not because unlike Irene she was only wearing an undergarment.

 

“Leave that on,” Irene mumbled as she the shower and flushed their bodies together. “I hope you consent me to touch you for some moments because the only way they are going to let us off the hook is when we are indulging in such passionate activity.”

 

Wendy shivered, not being able to handle the cold water. With hesitant hands she pulled Irene closer to get warmth from the latter. 

 

“It's going to be fine. I am going to protect you,” Irene smiled as she stood in front to cover Wendy's entire body.

 

Irene leaned down to press her lips on Wendy's neck when they heard the sound of door knocking. Wendy flinched when the door opened and footsteps rushed toward the bathroom.

 

“What the hell are you doing in our room?” Irene demanded with fury in her voice, her satoori accent used to full effect to make them more than a little nervous.

 

Obviously, they had been told to check that Irene was in her room and considering they found all that and more they moved for a hasty exit.

 

“Pardon, wrong room.” One of the men said as he backed out through the door.

 

“Get out!” Irene growled again as she draped the bathrobe over Wendy's body, eyeing the other man, Wendy's stomach flipped at something that could only be described as the warmth that spread around her body when Irene's hands made contact with her skin.

 

The men rushed out the door, slamming it behind them and Irene breathed a sigh of relief once they were gone. 

 

“I'll lend you my clothes for the night,” Irene led her toward the closet and took out an oversized shirt and trousers.

 

“That was…I have never done that,” Irene mumbled and turned around to give Wendy the privacy she needed to change her clothes as she hastily started to change her clothes as well.

 

“Me too,” Wendy replied, her words coming out far more breathless than she anticipated.

 

Their gaze met for rather a great deal longer than would have been appropriate in a professional setting and Irene couldn’t stop her eyes from flickering down to the latter's body in her clothes. She filled her entire field of vision and Irene couldn’t deny that it was a good visual.

 

“We should probably head to bed,” Wendy massaged her neck as she trailed off. 

 

“Yeah, we should,” Irene answered distractedly as she made her way toward the bed, watching Wendy as she grabbed their wet clothes and put them in the laundry basket.

 

Irene turned away as her back faced Wendy's back. Her mind filled with the moments she spent with her in the bathroom. She closed her eyes trying to break the spell Wendy's scent casted on her but it only seemed to get more intoxicating as the night went by. She couldn't get rid of the images of Wendy and her in that bathroom out of her head.

 

In the middle of the night, Irene felt the tugging of the blanket and looked up to add Wendy shivering despite having most of it. She bit her lip as she scooted closer to the small girl and brushed away strands of hair from her face. She frowned, feeling Wendy's skin a little warmer than usual. It struck her that maybe their cover took a toll on Wendy's health.

 

With gentle and careful hands, Irene pulled Wendy close and slipped her arms around her waist, flushing their bodies together in a hug. Wendy being a light sleeper stirred in her sleep as she snuggled closer as her droopy eyes opened.

 

“It's cold,” Wendy whispered. She was so incredibly exhausted because of the mission and the cold water was enough to tire her out. She only snuggled closer into Irene’s chest before she allowed herself to drift back to sleep, pushing every thought of what might happen the next day from her mind.

 

As Wendy drifted into sleep, Irene trailed her fingers over Wendy's face before she secured Wendy's hands around her waist, keeping her close. 

 

“Goodnight, my little chop shop girl,” Irene whispered as she closed her eyes.

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

 

“I got a meeting with Amber today,” Seulgi mumbled, stumbling upon her words clearly showing she was deprived of some well-deserved sleep all because she had to please a potential enemy to believe her and not blow their cover.

 

“So, what, we just Wendy go alone with Uncle Leeteuk?” Irene trailed off, walking back and forth, worried about the safety of the younger girl.

 

“There is a chance he'll lead us to her father, do we have a choice?” Seulgi answered by sprinkling some water on her eyes to keep them open.

 

“This could be like leading lamb to slaughter,” Irene muttered, massaging her forehead.

 

Seulgi raised her brow, a grin plastered on her face as she watched Irene pace around the room.

 

“Going soft?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Seulgi shrugged and went back to focusing on her device as the door opened revealing Wendy all dressed up for her lunch with Uncle Leeteuk later.

 

“Wendy, your tracker is not sending a signal. Have you turned it on?” Seulgi asked, looking toward Irene who was standing behind Wendy, eyes fixed on the way Irene's pupils were fixed on Wendy.

 

“I think so,” Wendy mumbled as she stood up on the table and threw her bag to the side. “Or do you want to check it?”

 

Seulgi her lips in amusement, watching how Irene's eyes went dark the moment Wendy lifted her dress a little to expose her thigh around which the tracker was clasped.

 

“Be my guest,” Seulgi invited Irene and stood up from her chair. She squinted her eyes to see the older agent gulping. “I'll just go and wash my face to get rid of the remaining remnants of sleep.”

 

Wendy turned around to face Irene as the latter rubbed her palms together to get some warmth in her cold hand. She heard a faint giggle escaping from Wendy's mouth that made her smile as well.

 

Irene held her breath as she ghosted her hands over Wendy's thigh before she held it making Wendy gasp.

 

“They are still cold,” Wendy mumbled amusingly.

 

“Sorry,” Irene whispered, stepping closer as her hands travelled upward, tracing the wire clasped around Wendy's inner thigh.

 

“What are you doing down there?” Wendy asked, whispering with shallow breaths.

 

“Trying not to get lost,” Irene answered smugly.

 

Irene breaks off their staring competition and turns on the tracker, that is when she realises that Wendy is trembling. She looks up to meet Wendy's shaking pupils.

 

“You're trembling.”

 

“That's because I'm scared.”

 

Irene took a deep breath as she stepped forward, her knees colliding against the table. She brought her other hand up and took Wendy's shaking hand in her palm, her thumb running circles over her skin.

 

“It's going to be okay,” Irene whispers, getting lost in those sparkling pairs of chocolate brown orbs.

 

“How do you know?” Wendy asks and it comes out with utter desperation because there is a tremble in her voice.

 

It breaks Irene and the realisation hits her, because for the first time in her life her heart is aching, not because of physical pain but because there is a chance that Wendy will be in trouble and suddenly everything about her heart is crystal clear to her.

 

“I'll…be close by. Remember what I said last night. I told you I would protect you,” Irene reassured Wendy, grasping her hand tightly. “Nothing would happen to you as long as I am there. I swear on my life.”

 

Irene watched as Wendy's gaze softened, she wasn't sure but for a moment she saw her gaze flickering toward her lips. It scared her how there was no hesitation bubbling inside her. If there was a possibility that she harboured feelings for her little chop shop girl, she wasn't going to back away. 

 

For the first time in her life, Irene felt bubbling in her chest whenever she laid her gaze upon Wendy. It made her feel giddy. It gave her a chance to chase her happiness. She wasn't going to let go of Wendy.

 

Irene fluttered her eyes shut feeling Wendy's warm breath ghosting her lips, her hold around her thigh tightened as she anticipated the moment their lips would collide.

 

“All set now!” Both of them jumped away from each other as Seulgi came back. “I saw your Uncle Leeteuk outside.”

 

She let her fingers caress Wendy's hands until she let her go and then she looked toward Seulgi, eyes filled with fear that maybe something wasn't going to go their way that day.

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

Irene wants to kill someone right now and that someone being none other than Wendy. When she dropped Wendy outside, the lingering touch of Wendy's finger told her that there was something there.

 

But here she is now getting chased by some German wolf dogs as Wendy told everything about their mission to not only uncle Leeteuk but Chanyeol also.

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi found herself tied to a chair ready to get electrocuted by uncle Leeteuk while he narrated the story of how the war between two countries ignited a fire inside him that made him the master of pain and fear.

 

It turned out that Leeteuk had told Amber about her real identity and the rest is history.

 

“There are two types of torture Kang…one is for extraction of information and the other is for one's owns sake.”

 

“I'd never thought I'd say this but I am pleased to see you.”

 

Leeteuk turns behind to see Irene who offers him a smile before she knocks him out with one good old fashioned punch.

 

“I can't believe you had a tracker on me all along,” Seulgi huffed in annoyance as she wiped the blood from her nose.

 

“It saved you,” Irene rolled her eyes pressing the button once as Leeteuk let out a scream. Irene shrugged, forgetting that they had tied Leeteuk to the same chair.

 

“Wendy betrayed us.”

 

Both of them spoke at the same time as Irene pushed the button again in anger electrocuting the poor man again.

 

“Please! Don't do this again. I will tell you everything!”

 

That he did.

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

“I dreamt of this moment to see you again Wendy.”

 

Wendy just stares, not believing that her father is standing right in front of her.

 

Irene and Seulgi look up to meet each other's eyes as they listen to the briefing provided by their respective bosses. 

 

“Ladies, I am Eric Nam, Head of the American team that was displaced to lead this mission. Our mission is to arrest Amber and Chanyeol, retrieve the nuclear bomb, the bomb maker and last but not least my most decorated agent—”

 

“We didn't know that an American agent was involved in this.”

 

“She is not American…she's working for the Americans.”

 

Seulgi meets Irene's eyes and suddenly everything makes sense.

 

“Wendy is working for the Americans!”

 

Wendy walks along with her father speaking in a hushed whisper as she tells him the plan.

 

“Pretend that you are cooperating with them. That's the best chance we have to disable the bomb permanently,” Wendy mumbles.

 

“Guards watch every step of the process, there are cameras everywhere,” He replied.

 

“I'll be there.”

 

“She betrayed me.”

 

“You're wrong Agent Bae, I told her to tell them everything. She knew the ring you gave her was bugged and you would be hearing everything. It not only gave you the time to escape but also helped you in figuring out that Agent Kang was in danger,” Eric explained.

 

“Wendy, she's in danger isn't she?” Irene mumbled, relieved but scared at the same time. Wendy thought about them even when she was getting dragged to a hell hole. She had made a promise and she was going to keep it until her last breath.

 

“Bottom line, yes, she is in huge danger because out of all of us she is the only one surrounded by Amber and Chanyeol, their men and a nuclear bomb,” Eric told them.

 

“Reflector lens.”

 

“What does that do?”

 

“It works as a coupler, upon activating one missile, the other one activates itself dropping in the same location as the other one.”

 

“Put her in a cell,” Wendy's vision begins to fade away as a heavy object meets her head she stumbles but two men grab her by her arms.

 

“You have 20 minutes, doctor make the bomb correctly or else your daughter is going to die here with you,” Amber announces nonchalantly.

 

“The bomb is done.”

 

“So is your time on Earth.”

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

“Irene, Chanyeol has the bomb and Wendy, they are going somewhere.”

 

Irene sighs. It's been a hectic couple of hours with her heart occupied by Wendy and her mind occupied by killing numerous men. After finally getting into the laboratory, she thought that she would get reunited with Wendy. She is being clingy and she knows but it is what it is.

 

Imagine the anger boiling inside her when she arrived at the room Seulgi was in to see an unconscious Wendy handcuffed to the car with a bomb right beneath her feet and a man touching her inappropriately through a camera.

 

“Motherer!”

 

Both of them ran to the entrance to see that the car had already taken off. Irene grabbed a nearby motorcycle and Seulgi opted for a car as they started following Chanyeol.

 

As the chase goes on through the outskirts of the island, Wendy wakes up when she feels water invading her lungs. She widens her eyes to see the car almost submerged in water. She looks behind to see Seulgi racing toward them.

 

Just when she thinks about Irene's absence, the latter shows up in her bike cutting off Chanyeol's path. A sigh of relief washes over her, glad to see that Irene is safe but it doesn't last long because Chanyeol shoots the tire of Irene's bike, sending her flying across.

 

“Irene!”

 

Next thing Wendy knows is that rain is pouring over them and blood is oozing out from her head. She struggles to keep her eyes open as she tries to reach for the keys that Chanyeol dropped.

 

Seulgi falls to the ground after Chanyeol strucks her with a steel pipe that he got from the car. She looks around to find Irene but all she sees is blood.

 

Irene gathers the remaining strength inside her and gets up removing the bike from her body. Chanyeol comes to finish her off once and for all. All Irene sees is the moment when their lips were about to collide and flashbacks of Chanyeol's hand running up through Wendy's thighs. That's all it takes for her to stab him repeatedly until blood comes out of his mouth and he falls to the ground limp.

 

Irene drops the knife and runs toward Wendy. She scoops the younger girl in her arms and hugs her tightly. Wendy looks at her with her half-lidded eyes, hands clutching her shirt tightly.

 

“I am here now.”

 

“I know.”

 

Irene wraps her arms around Wendy's trembling shoulder as they watch Amber's ship blow up. Wendy sighs glad that her idea made it easier for them to not only track Amber but get rid of her as well and all it took was some information about the reflecting lens.

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

“All packed now,” Wendy mumbles as she puts her last suitcase on the entrance of their room.

 

“Time to go home,” Irene mumbles as she checks things in her suitcase.

 

“I am not going back,” Wendy adds.

 

“It's not a good idea for an American spy to do so,” Irene turns around as she closes her suitcase.

 

“I'm sorry,” Wendy looks down, feeling guilty that she had to lie when all Irene did was treat her with honesty. “I really wanted to tell you, but…”

 

“It's okay,” Irene offers her a soft smile. “I would have done exactly the same thing in your position. You were brave for that and I am proud of you.”

 

“Seulgi invited us for some drinks before we leave,” Irene hums as she faces Wendy with nervousness.

 

“I'd join after meeting up with Eric,” Wendy tells her and turns around to leave but then she removes the ring Irene gave her and returns to her. “In case we don't see each other again.”

 

“No,” Irene smiles and slides the ring back in her ring finger. “You should keep it as a souvenir. A memory that'll remind you of me.”

 

Wendy sighs as she presses their foreheads together, her fingers caressing Irene's neck as she leans in to do something that has been long due. Irene grabs her by her waist ready to capture those lips she has been aching to taste.

 

“I am here to pick up bags.”

 

They jump apart from each other as a bellboy enters the room interrupting them. Wendy curses under her breath for leaving the door open as she spares Irene one last longing glance before she walks outside leaving a flustered Irene behind.

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

 

“I know you have feelings for her. This is your last chance before both of you separate. Do something,” Seulgi nudges Irene's shoulders as both of them watch Wendy from the roof while she talks with Eric.

 

“I want to…it's just nothing goes our way…whenever we make a move something comes up…it's frustrating,” Irene mumbles looking toward Wendy longingly.

 

“It'll happen, don't worry buddy.”

 

“Don't ever call me buddy again.”

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

Irene rests her head against the seat of her aeroplane, her heart hurting because she had to send Wendy away, without telling her that she had fallen for her. She shifted on her seat when something caught her attention. There wasn't supposed to be a box inside her pocket.

 

She opened the box to see her father's watch that was stolen from her on their very first day in North Korea. She caressed the watch and saw a note under it.

 

“I found the man that stole this from you and knew you deserve to have this back. I hope we can meet again because a lot of things were left unsaid between us.

 

I hope to see you again, Joohyun.”

 

Irene couldn't help but smile. She put the watch around her wrist and folded the note neatly before she put it back inside the box. She'll have to wait for the moment she'll get to see Wendy again but it'll be worth it.

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

Irene lifts her hand and blows some air into her palms before she rubs them and then puts them in the pockets of her coat.

 

It was a hectic day with her and Seulgi managing to end their mission a couple of days earlier. It wasn't too bad working with her annoying partner again, turns out the three of them were the most desired agents in the world, but Wendy wasn't there with them.

 

It was a little hard for her to function well in the cold mountains of Switzerland but it is what it is, that's her job, to get the work done, one way or another.

 

She felt nostalgic for some reason. Working in cold weather reminded her of the time she spent with Wendy in the North. 

 

It was foreign for her to remember fragments of Wendy wherever she went. She tried to get rid of her feelings for Wendy but it honestly didn't work instead her feelings got deeper to the point of realisation that she was in love with her.

 

She was still holding onto her words, after all Joohyun also wants to know the person behind the name Wendy.

 

She had no plans of going outside but Seulgi and her stupid cryptic message made her curious, the latter told her that something was going to happen, something that she was waiting for and that's how she found herself wandering around, searching for her.

 

She was sitting, enjoying her hot chocolate when the bill came. She paid the price and grabbed the paper to throw it away when she saw some words bolder than the others. She looked up to see the man that had given her the bill was smiling at her.

 

Above 2129

 

She raised her brow and turned around the bill to see a name and it made her heart swell because it was from the girl she was dying to see.

 

It's Seungwan 

 

She felt the adrenaline pumping through her veins as she ran through the entire market to make it to the hotel she was staying in. She rushed upstairs, a floor above her and true to that bill there was indeed a room there with that room number.

 

She stood outside the door, fixed her hair and then looked toward the bill before she gulped and knocked on the door.

 

“I was waiting for you Joohyun.”

 

“Seungwan.”

 

She was there, still gorgeous, clad in the clothes she had given her that night, smiling at her, eyes gleaming. 

 

Irene opened to say something but it seemed like Wendy had other plans as she wrapped her arms around her neck and pulled her inside.

 

Irene had a smile on her face with Wendy pressed against her front, she lazily dragged her fingers across her bare shoulders before she leaned down to trail kisses there.

 

She furrowed her brows when her eyes spotted a chain wrapped around Wendy's neck, curiously she peeked over and saw the ring she had given her dangling around her neck.

 

She wanted to cry because Wendy kept her close to her heart all this time. She had to control herself from kissing the sleeping girl in her arms because her little chop shop girl got tired after their love making activities.

 

She caressed her hair and hugged her tightly remembering the confession that slipped from Wendy's mouth when they pulled apart from their long awaited kiss.

 

“I love you, my promised.”

 

Wendy turned around and snuggled closer into her chest before she went back to her dreamland in no time. Irene wrapped her arms around her waist and pressed her lips against her forehead before a smile rested on her lips as she closed her eyes.

 

“I love you too, my little chop shop girl.”

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••

 

“I'm so stupid! I could've used the ring to track you.”

 

“Idiot! You really think I wouldn't have removed it, you and your stupid trackers.”

 

“You fell for this stupid didn't you.”

 

“I fell for you the day you showed up in a dimly lit street in a car to kill me.”

 

••• ︻デ═一 •••