I.

July and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer. Lee Hayi's least favorite season of all. Not because it's uncomfortably hot, sticky and humid. The searing heat is so downright annoying, but she actually likes it. She likes the hot blowing of the wind, the feel of sweat in her pores, weird but she felt so free during those times. A lot of festivals also happened in summer and it's one of her favorites. But Hayi doesn't like July, not because when the temperature and humidity rises, so does the chances of monsoon rains. The downpour actually calm her down, most of time, give her a comforting ambiance, perfect for writing songs and mixing beats as the rain pour down outside with little burst of thunder and lightning.

 

"Hey, I'm going out to buy groceries. Want something?" Bobby asked, approaching Hayi who was seated on one of the chairs in their balcony, watching as their garden get drenched by the summer rain.

 

Hayi looked up and shook her head, Bobby busy opening his umbrella to prepare himself in going out their home.

 

"Don't forget the list I made. Everything's there already," Hayi stated, smiling as Bobby tapped his jean's pocket, a white paper peaking at the top inside a plastic which looks like a ziplock to avoid it being wet in the ongoing downpour. 

 

"Safe and secured, my love," Bobby teased, making Hayi smiled. Her husband leaned in and softly kissed her forehead. "I'll be back, soon. The kids will be arriving later. Hyung will drop them off," Bobby said and Hayi nodded.

 

She watched as the now 48 years old Kim Jiwon went down their two-steps stairs and walked the pathway across their garden to their fence gate, ivys and morning glory curling on the railings.

 

Hayi sighed and brought her knees closer to her chest, placing her chin above it. Their kids, huh. Time really flies too fast. She could still remember how little Joongi was when she first held him, Jieun looking curious and excited while Haneul looked like he's about to burst out crying any minute.

 

She absent-mindedly smiled. They're grow up so fast. Haneul is now on his senior year in high school, and though both her and Bobby wanted the kids to finish their studies, she knew sooner or later that Haneul would want to enter the limelight, no matter how shy he was at times. He's very much like Bobby, not just in their physical appearance, his small eyes and bunny teeth that never really changed as he grew up. No, he's like Bobby because Haneul completely changed when he's on stage, performing like it's his last, giving everyone a show. Haneul really got it from his dad, because truthfully, Hayi would always get nervous and awkward whenever she's on stage. Yeah as she grew older, she learned how to fake it but her nerves aren't made of steel. Unlike, Bobby. And now Haneul, too.

 

Their only girl, Jieun is now on her teens and to say Bobby was frighten was such an understatement. He would always overreact to any of Jieun's story. Especially when she was scouted by a talent company. The horror they both felt when Jieun went home one day and excitedly talked about it. Hayi felt a little relieved, finding out that it wasn't an idol company, but an acting one. Well, Kim Jieun would really be such a great actress, she could definitely do it, with the way she could get anything she wanted with a bat of her eyelashes and puffing her chubby cheeks. And she's such a headstrong girl, she definitely got it from Hayi. She remembered how Bobby and her got into an argument because Jieun is too young, 'She's twelve, Lee Hayi!' 'We're around that age when we decided to be an idol, Kim Jiwon!'.

 

In the end, the women in their household won, Jieun got a role as a child actress for one of the most prominent actress in their generation. Of course, she would still go to middle school and attend acting school but it was fine. Their Jiyong-sunbae assured them that Jieun acting career will never get in the way of her studies. Ever. And it kinda appeased Jiwon in a way.

 

And their youngest, their Joongi who's turning nine in a few months, he's shaping up to be very much like his dad. Maybe because Joongi likes hanging around Bobby's studio but at a young age, he's learning to mix beats and such, Hayi didn't know if it's a good or a bad thing. 'It's good, Hi. He could produce songs for Haneul in the future.'

 

And Hayi didn't even know if it actually made her happy or scared. If exposing their kids to the same industry they're from is actually a great idea or if it would backfire to them.

 

Hayi have a lot of what ifs and maybes anyway. And her biggest one is...

 

Kim Jong Hyun.

 

He should be fifteen this December. Hayi closed her eyes, willing an image to appear in her mind. He would be tall, just like his dad. Unruly hair, very reminiscent of Bobby's own mane, but his eyes would be brown and bright like Hayi's, not small like Bobby. He would have her round cheekbones, fair complexion. A very pretty boy, all the teenage girls would have swoon. He would be a perfect visual for an idol group, Hayi was sure. 

 

Jonghyun would have been Haneul's best friend. They might argue most of the time but she knew, just like a brothers, they would patch up things quickly. Haneul would share his wardrobe and they have their own secret codes that Hayi would never understand.

 

Jieun would adore her oppa. She clearly loves tailing Haneul back when they were kids, preferring to play with her older brother and Hayi knew, Jieun would definitely do it with Jonghyun. And he would be so overprotective with Jieun, especially now that she's in high school. She could clearly see it, Jonghyun visiting Jieun during their lunchbreak and unlike other teenage girls who would get annoyed, Jieun would love it, because she loves her brothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter