xxx

baby it's timeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanhee was feeling a lot of things at the moment. He was feeling utterly exhausted from hours of lost sleep, he was feeling sore in many places of his body, he was feeling hungry, and he was feeling unclean and in need of a shower, but most of all, he was feeling so, so happy. It had been a week since his daughter was born and he thought he had been happy before, but now he was over the moon. In addition, he was feeling a love within his being he had never experienced before and it was intense. It had taken him by surprise how much he loved her, especially after so little time being alive and knowing her, but he knew what he felt. The joy of her finally being here engulfed his body every second of the day. It had him shaking sometimes with how powerful his love was for her, and his arms missed holding her whenever she was out of them. He was plainly, extremely happy when he was with her. 

He could see how happy Changmin was as well. Changmin had always wanted children, which had been evident before they even started dating, and Chanhee had never been opposed to the idea. When discussing children it had been agreed upon that yes, they would have them one day, when they were ready. Mari had not been planned, she wasn't supposed to exist for another few years or so, but it worked out that she was going to arrive when she wanted to arrive and that was okay. Receiving that positive pregnancy test had been world-turning for both Changmin and Chanhee and the excitement of becoming parents had been mutual even if it wasn't expected. They were having their very own baby and their fantasies of being parents together were finally coming true. 

Chanhee was living one of those fantasies he had looked forward to the most when he was pregnant now and it felt like a dream come true. There he stood in the nursery he and Changmin had spent hours building together, dressed in comfy loungewear, holding his daughter against his chest as she cooed contentedly, holding her so close and nuzzling her head into his neck, hand holding it in place so gently. He softly patted her back, noting how tiny she was and how she could fit in his palm as he eased out any air she possibly managed to swallow while taking her bottle. She'd just had her afternoon feed and was close to falling asleep, Chanhee soothing her small body to sleep for a peaceful rest. She had been fighting sleep that morning but hopefully, she would properly go down this time. 

"Mari yah," Chanhee singsonged as he slowly rocked from side to side, cuddling his baby so close as she started to fuss. He could hear her breathing start to pick up as she grew antsy with Chanhee standing so still and moving always helped her calm back down. There was something about baby breathing that set his heart on fire. Little lungs and little bodies working so hard to function outside of the womb and it made Chanhee admire newborn babies. They truly had a lot to deal with in the first months of life, "I love you, darling," he cooed, turning his head to place soft kisses on her wispy hair. It was thin and stuck straight up in a perpetual coif and always tickled his neck when he held her like this. Changmin liked to clip tiny bows in, making her even cuter than she already was.

Mari cooed in response after settling, followed by a very wide-mouthed and intense yawn that made her curl back and away from Chanhee's shoulder. It was the type of yawn where he had to steady her with a hand on her body until she was finished, "Oh, big yawn," Chanhee emphasized as he stretched out the syllables. He didn't know how he started saying that phrase but he could never resist saying it every time she yawned. She always had yawns too big for her tiny body, “Aigoo, Baby.” 

"I missed a big yawn?" Changmin questioned as he entered the room, looking and sounding disappointed that he mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter