Final

Christmas in My Heart

Note : Hi guys! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance^-^ I'm sorry for this super late updateT_T this fic supposed to be updated before or during Christmas day but I hangout with my friends and haven't done the proofreading that time so this happenedT_T Once again I'm sorry for the late updateT_T hope all of you will enjoy this fic but don't get high expectation, it's so cheesyT_T Anyway, EunHae in this fic are high-school students^-^ Okay, last but not least...

 

Happy Reading!^-^

 

 

 

December has come and the street has partly decorated with Christmas decorations. Well, some houses even do it including the dance studio which is lighter because of the Christmas tree’s lamp they have placed in the middle of the entrance door.

December not only means Christmas is closer but also a reminders the air will be colder. On some days, as if the air isn’t cold enough, rain also falling down. Just like that day.

“Wow, raining again? Luckily I bring my umbrella.” His friend said before saying a goodbye and left the studio.

He only nod as his sharp eyes never left the window. With his arms folded, back leaning to the cupboard behind him, Hyukjae –the guy’s name– staring at the certain someone outside there, standing with one hand holding an umbrella and eyes fixed on the left side of the street. His lips unconciously formed a pout –sometimes Hyukjae wonders if the owner realised it or not– with feet started to stomp weakly against the rock.

Adorable

Hyukjae sighs while smiling, eyes following every movement of the tiny guy. It’s been two months –or even more– since Hyukjae secretly observing the guy from the baking course across his dance studio. His Monday, Wednesday and Friday routine. His not-so-secretly enjoyable routine.

He doesn’t understand why he always do, which is a reason rejected by his best friend the moment his best friend found out this weird habit of his.

“Well, I know you’re perfectly concious what it means. You’re interested on him, Lee Hyukjae.”

Hyukjae rolled his eyes when he remembers how Shindong –his best friend– teasing him while imitating how his eyes turned when he looking at the guy.

Of course, Hyukjae knows what is his reason secretly looking at the guy. Because just like what his best friend said, it would be a lie if Hyukjae said he doesn’t interested in that guy. It’s just as simple as why he do that if he’s not interested with the guy, right?

But who wouldn’t?

He doesn’t want to admit it loudly although his action does the opposite. Hyukjae never really thought his ideal type of boyfriend or girlfriend but when he saw the guy, he immediately falling. Maybe not at the first sight but that tiny guy really do something to his heart. The tiny guy he has been secretly observing has a mixture of handsome and pretty face, which is a nightmare because this guy just looked so fine in every expressions. When he smile, when he laugh, when he was talking to someone on phone, when he was thinking something until a frown showing up, when he was yawning, when he was pouting, every expression just looked good on him and it makes Hyukjae doesn’t mind to stand for more than half an hour just for looking at the guy when he has more time to rest.

Another reason is… the guy is cute and… soft? He remembers how the guy’s eyes instantly widened and filled with sparkles –if that possible but yeah that’s it– when he saw the Christmas tree in front of their studio. His soft hair even moving around –since the owner moving too much– because he was too excited.

Maybe he loves Christmas so much

And Hyukjae can’t think any of his friends –whether they are girls or boys– ever looked so adorable and excited seeing Christmas tree.

“Hyung!”

Right, his voice. His soft voice that sounds nice and just… endearing? What? You guys want to puke? Yeah, do it, cause sometimes Hyukjae also wonder why he acts like that. Like a whipped-man falling madly in love!

But anyway, yeah, he is interested with that guy whose name he doesn’t even know. Instead, he memorizing what time that guy will go home and with whom. Sometimes Hyukjae feels like a stalker but the other times he will just enjoying the moment.

Hyukjae assumed the taller guy is that guy’s brother based on what he calls him and their faces are quite alike. The taller guy mostly come around 4 P.M –which means the baking course finished around that hour– while riding a car.

And that’s it. That’s the only things he knows after two months of observation which just makes him realise he only knows a few things about the cute guy.

“Stop staring him from inside of this studio,” Shindong said when he asked for advices. “You won’t go anywhere if you just looking from inside.”

“Huh?”

His best friend rolled his eyes, shoving a few more biscuits, chewing and suggested, “How about you stand in front as if you’re also waiting for your car? Maybe by then, both of you can talk? At least, I can guarantee that you will know more than just standing inside.”

That night, he keeps considering Shindong’s advice. Since he really trusts Shindong –they’ve been friends for years– he silently notes his best friend’s advice and make sure to do it soon. 

 

.

.

.

 

It was Friday –about two weeks more before Christmas– when Hyukjae walked out from his studio, already in his brown long-coat, white sweater inside, black jeans and white sneakers while his backpack hanging loosely on his left shoulder as he put on his black hat only to find out the cute guy has been standing in front of the baking course with his usual chef uniform –white and black pants– with his dark-blue coat. Earlier than usual.

Awesome

Has Hyukjae ever mentioned about how that guy looked so cute but handsome at the same time with chef’s uniform? Yeah, there he said it.

Hyukjae purposely moves so his position is more comfortable to staring the guy. He just noticed the cute guy is holding a box of –maybe– cake that he made from the course just now. His other hand is holding his phone, seems like he is texting someone.

“Donghwa hyung hasn’t come?” Someone –form his baking course– comes, standing beside the cute guy.

Their uniform are the same and oh, Hyukjae just realised that must be his close friend because he has seen them together several times.

“Yeah, maybe fifteen minutes more,” The cute guy replied with a bright smile. “Are you going now, Wookie?”

Kim Ryeowook –Hyukjae has known the cute guy’s friend’s name thanks to Leeteuk –his friend at studio– who knows the guy because they live on the same apartment building and coincidenlly at the same floor. Oh, Hyukjae wished he could be braver to ask if Leeteuk also knows about the cute guy.

Well… that’s alright. Hyukjae thought it would be weirder if all of sudden he asked Leeteuk about that when they were talking about how great Ryeowook at making a cake cause the younger likes to share some with him and how cheerful the younger is.

Okay, back to the present, Hyukjae pretending to play his phone while listening the conversation between them. He silently whine. Why all of them –the cute guy’s brother and Ryeowook– not calling the cute guy’s name? He desperately wanted to know his name but seems like fortune is not on his side that day.

“Yep. I have to go now, cousins are coming home.” Ryeowook puts on his gloves and mask. He turned his head to his friend taps the guy’s shoulder –not noticing someone is staring at them intensely– while telling the cute guy, “Someday you have to make me the macaroon we learned today. Yours tasted really good and chewy!”

The cute guy blushed, shyly laughed as he said “Yours tasted good too.”

Ryeowook shook his head in disbelief. “It’s different. Mine was too sweet but yours is very perfect. Ah, I wish you can make it for my Christmas present!”

Both of them laughed while Hyukjae is too busy to digest what he just heard. Macaroon, tastes good, perfect, Christmas present.

Okay, I’m getting more curious now.

“Alright, I have to go now. See you on Monday!”

“Yep. Be careful!”

The cute guy raising his hand, waving to Ryeowook who rides his bicycle. When he turned his head, their eyes met. For the first time, they are staring each other which makes Hyukjae suddenly asking himself if his appearance is good enough for the cute guy to stare and smile softly to him.

Wait… what?!

Smile?! To him?!

Luckily, he didn’t think too much as he returns the smile. He hasn’t known the guy’s name but at least that Friday doesn’t as gloomy as he thought and he ended up return home with a big smile. A big smile that draws attention until his sister has to ask him if he is okay or not.

“You looked weird… like a man falling in love!”

He remembered he didn’t reply anything but holding his sister’s hand and dance clumsily like a drunk person which made him earning a smack on his head and following with a scream.

“Crazy Hyukjae!”

Well, he doesn’t mind though as he laughed and throwing his body to the bed. Maybe he is really crazy and it is because the cute guy’s smile towards him few hours ago.

 

.

.

.

 

Of course, Hyukjae’s luckiness is not happening everyday.

He has been looking for Monday, wanted to stand in front of his studio again as soon as he finished his practice for the New Year event which will be hold at his school. The practices have been gone very well since all of them are talented and learning new choreography is not hard for them. 

Hyukjae surely understands they will be very busy to prepare all of the things. Not only learning the choreography and practice, they need to discuss their costume and several things too. But what Hyukjae didn’t expect is, they need to do it ‘till very late because some of them have another schedule and some things just went beyond their plan which makes him staying at the studio later than usual.

Although some of them apologized for being late, Hyukjae silently cursed them inside his head. Because of them and this meeting, he can’t do his plan. Because he can’t do his plan, he can’t find out how the cute guy’s today, will he smile to him again if they met? This whole questions and the ruined plan just make him want to kick someone. Well, he didn’t. Instead, he just stared tiredly on the paper in front of him, too tired to mutter something.

“I think we need to add more hours to our practice. The day is coming closer so we need to make it perfect.”

“How if we change the time we usually practice so the others can have some rest first before we start?”

“And the days too? Maybe we should reduce the practice for a couple of weeks since some of us also high-school student and from what I know, they will have the tests soon.” Hyunji –a girl older than them– giving her ideas.

“I agree. Since I do nothing on weekends.” One of them answered.

Most of them nodding their heads. Hyukjae obviously can voice out his opinion but he didn’t do that. Partially because he agree with that idea but on the other side, he knows what will happen if they follow that idea. The fact itself makes his mood worse.  

Eventually, what he can do is following what has decided while hoping he can meet the guy soon. Although deep inside his heart, he kinda regret their ideas.

A couple of weeks….

Changing day and reducing the practice means he can’t staring and admiring the cute guy anymore. The cute guy has the same schedule like his but the days changed, it means he has to wait until all of the practices finished and the event done.

Means I have to wait for two weeks…

He exhales slowly. With the event, tests and changing days, Hyukjae doubts he can visit the studio eventhough it’s not their schedule. His mom will nag him to prepare and studying for the tests.

Complaining is certainly not his favorite. That’s why he just accepted whatever happened. Moreover, because of his hobby and talent, Hyukjae can join to a big dance group and become one of the fixed dancer at that studio. He loves dancing, no matter how tired it is, he for sure cherish every moment. Including this busy time where he can’t admiring the guy.

Okay, calm down Hyukjae. You can do it soon.

As soon as this is over.

For sure, he can’t wait for that day.

“Hey, maybe he also doesn’t come to his baking course? I’m sure they’re also preparing for the tests.”

Hyukjae just smiling at how his best friend trying to cheer him up. Yeah, maybe the other also preparing for tests. He only prays for the days come faster.

As soon as the day been changed, Hyukjae also face the semester tests at his school. Well, he isn’t one of those diligent student who studies so hard but he has to admit the time goes faster because of that.

While he can’t meet the guy he is interested in, Hyukjae sometimes curious of how the cute guy actually like. When he is at the baking course, when he is at school –yep, since the beginning he has predicted the tiny guy iis a high-school student just like him and he is very determined with this prediction–, how his behaviour, does he have so many friends, and others things.

To be honest, Hyukjae also doesn’t know why he can wait for two months, doing nothing but admiring the guy from afar patiently. He certainly never felt that way. Not that he never in relationship before. Well, Hyukjae had two relationships before, when he was 13 and when he was 16.

And from those two, all ended because he was the one demand for it. His first relationship only last for three monts because his girlfriend were too protective over him –maybe because they were too young at that time, he thought– and the other one was because his boyfriend –yeah, boyfriend– was cheating with the guy from the other classes, which only last for a month. He accidentally found out the truth when he was going to the toilet, he saw his boyfriend and the other guy –from the basketball club– kissing.

Hyukjae remembers vividly how shocked those two when he called them. To more embarrass his boyfriend, he even ended their relationship in front of that guy.

Since that day, Hyukjae never been in a relationship with anyone despite many confesses he got (he still get love letters sometimes) but he keeps rejecting them. Some of his friends thought maybe he is afraid to start new relationship but no, he simply doesn’t have crush at that time.

That’s why when he recognised his own feeling, admitting a cute guy from the baking course stealing his attention, he feels kinda weird but also excited. Although it’s strange for him because he doesn’t know about that guy except for his Monday-Wednesday-Friday course and other few things. Just small things but always making him curious.

“Hey,” Someone taps his shoulder from the back, startling him for a bit. His smile creeps out when he saw his friend, Siwon. “Would you help me to take all the books to the teacher office?”

“Sure.”

As they walked together to the teacher office, Hyukjae eyeing the beautiful sky, silently wishing the cute guy have a nice day and the cold air won’t bother him too much. He didn’t even listen to what Siwon talking about as his mind too busy wandering for a certain someone.

 

.

.

.

 

It was another Friday when Hyukjae finally choose to walk down the aisle that will bring him to his dance studio. He knows it’s not the day for them to practice and he has one more test tomorrow, but he just wanted to go because… he can’t hold it any longer.

He still have three more days before the event’s day which for him, three days feel too long. He tried his best to ignore the snow that start falling, tightened his coat, and walk through the street he always passed.

While walking, he also praying he won’t bump into anyone. Whether his friends, sister, or worst… his parents. They might think he has gone crazy, his sister might also drag him home. And he can’t let that happen.

3.45 P.M

He fastened his pace eventhough he is sure he won’t do anything once he has stopped in front of the person he wanted to meet but still, he doesn’t want to back now. Hyukjae doesn’t even care how his hair looked like right now because of all the running, bumping, and times of almost falling down due to the slippery road.

God must have heard my prays, is what he thought when he arrived to his destination, the baking course that across his dance studio. Inhaling the cold air, Hyukjae’s eyes finally met the sight he has been longing. 

There he is. The cute tiny guy he kept thinking, standing with his brown-checkered coat, his head covered with a cute yellow beanie and his eyes… Hyukjae has lost counting on how many times those eyes able to quickened his heartbeat. Those beautiful puppy eyes which staring at him, the eyes that made him confident to walk closer to that guy despite how messy his appearance must be.

For a few seconds, they kept staring at each other. The situation is way too awkward but Hyukjae doesn’t want to ruin this opportunity. Not anymore. He doesn’t know why he is so confident that day and he is too busy to think about it.

His eyes slowly running to the cute guy’s hands and found them shivering because of the coldness and Hyukjae smiles, the sight is just very adorable for him. His hand started to rummage his pocket, he remembers he has shoved a pair of gloves this morning.

Where is the other one? Why only one side?

His other hand rummage another pocket, but didn’t find what he is searching. Alright…

Another good three minutes has passed. Hyukjae started to question himself if he looks alright or instead, he looks like an idiot?

No no, I can’t runaway now. If I do, he will think I’m indeed a crazy man.

Putting his stoic face, Hyukjae steps closer. “It’s cold,” he clears his throat, didn’t let his eyes to wander anywhere. Taking a deep breath, he continue in one breath, “I only have one side of gloves. Since the snow is falling down and I can’t go home while leaving you here, alone, how about we walk together and let me hold your hand so it’ll keep you warm?”

Well… it sounds so flirty…

The guy staring at him, eyes wide opened and head tilted which reminds Hyukjae to a rabbit. He bites his inner cheek, heart thumping while waiting the guy’s reaction.

With a small voice, the cutie eventually asked, “Do you want… to walk me home?”

“Yeah. If you let me.”

The cute guy’s cheeks started to blush which makes Hyukjae chuckled. Like a gentleman he always saw in the movie, he stretch out his hand which quickly held by the other. The moment they walked, Hyukjae knows it’s a green lamp for him. Call him over-confident but yeah, he knows it’s no longer a dream cause they’re indeed closer. So much closer than before!

Though they didn’t talk, Hyukjae doesn’t feel awkward or uncomfortable. He just let the other to lead the way and finally they stopped in front of a minimalistic style house. Hyukjae makes sure he remembers the way and note down how cozy the house looks like. Just then, he remembers one of the important things he hasn’t said. He hasn’t introduced himself!

“My name is Hyukjae. I’m eighteen.”

“I’m Donghae. We’re at the same age but sadly not from the same school” He pouts while staring at Hyukjae’s uniform. When Hyukjae chuckled, his face lightened up again as he muttered shyly, “But it’s not a big deal, right? We’re eventually getting closer after times of looking at each other silently.”

Hyukjae’s smile slowly faded as he digesting what he just heard. We’re eventually getting closer after times of looking at each other silently… wait… Hyukjae widened his eyes comically, making Donghae grinning at the reaction. Does it mean?

“You actually knew I—“

Donghae nods, smiling shyly while looking at his shoes, as he said, “I know because my best friend Ryeowook said you keep staring at me, too. I don’t want to get my hope high especially when I heard you guys changing the days of practice and I didn’t see you for two weeks.”

Oh… the changing  days…

But there is other thing that caught his attention. When they looking at each other again, Hyukjae finds himself do nothing but smiling and caressing the guy’s hand. So for these two months, not only him admiring the guy. Not only him interested at the guy. It’s not one-sided love.

Love…

Although he didn’t know how Donghae staring at him silently since he is very sure he keeps looking at the younger and didn’t see the other does the same thing, but that can wait for later. He will ask the younger later because now, he has more important thing he prefers to do.

“Donghae,” He whispered softly, feeling so full to finally know the guy’s name and looking at him closely like this. How that pretty face surely enchanted him more and more. “do you want to go out with me… this Sunday?”

“Oh, is that a date? Are you asking me out?” The other playfully raising his eyebrows but can’t hide the happiness in his eyes.

Hyukjae chuckled, holding himself to not lay his hand on the guy’s head. “True. It’s a date and I’m asking you out.”

That moment reminds him with his favorite group’s song. Snowman. How the sweet and romantic lyric is just like them now.

Before he bids a goodbye, Hyukjae whispered –right to Donghae’s ear–, “I like your name, Donghae,” breath, and continuing, “But I prefer to call you mine.”

Both of them chuckled lightly, feeling delighted. As he lets Donghae to enter his house, the younger suddenly turned his back and shouting something that makes Hyukjae’s heart warm.

“Let’s meet again tomorrow. And walk me home again… if you don’t mind. Yeah, I’m a clingy type.” He shakes his head while chuckled at how the younger adorably wink at him.

Christmas isn’t very special for him before but now, he doubts he would ever forget this. Eventually, he even started to cherish Christmas more than previously since his pretty boyfriend is a big fan of Christmas.

 

How's it guys? Too cheesy, right? Kkkk. Once again I'm sorry for the late updateT_T Thanks for reading, subscribing, and upvoting this story^-^ I hope you guys have an enjoyable Christmas and New Year celebration, have a great holidays!^-^ and see you soon! (really really really soon hihihi). Take care and have a nice day!^_^ *sending lots of love*