Talk To Me

Caramel Coffee


Snow falling, kids screaming of joy, and cold weather. Minjeong, a 20 year old college student, who has nothing interesting going on in her life is walking through a mall in Seoul, capital of South Korea.

Feeling thirsty she suddenly sees a coffee shop right around the corner.

She walks towards it, with her earpods in. was dry as hell. She needed her hands on a drink as soon as possible. A cup of  coffee would totally solve the thirst problem.

Finally arriving she approaches the counter, standing behind some random lady.

"Give me a refund! I asked for a ice cappuccino, not an Americano!"

The lady yelled at the cashier.

Minjeong clutched onto her bag, mouth wide open as she watched the situation unfold itself.

"Ma'am, please calm down. We don't do refunds if you've already consumed the drink."

The cashier calmly replied, but the lady did not give a living about what the cashier was saying. Suddenly she saw a cup of coffee on the cashier's counter.

She smirked, grabbing it. She looked up quickly before throwing the liquid onto the cashier.

The cashier groaned in pain,
covering her face. Keep in mind that cup of coffee was burning HOT.

"What the ?!"

But before the rude lady could reply, she got escorted by the mall security.

Minjeong was slightly shocked refusing to believe what she had just witnessed happen right before her eyes. The girl seemed familiar though. Oh right, that's Ning Yi Zhuo, also known as Ningning.

Minjeong used to go to the same school as her, around the end of middle school. Ningning was one of the popular narcissistic girls. Shes also-

Minjeong snapped out of her thoughts as she remembered she came here to buy a drink. She noticed the cashier that was infront of her was now gone, probably because of that incident.

Minjeong turned around and saw another cashier, so she walked over to her.

Minjeong looked at the barista, suddenly mesmerized by her features. Minjeong slowly scanned her figure, falling out of reality.

"Hello?"

The barista lady waved her hand infront of Minjeong's face.

Minjeong quickly snapped out of her thoughts, quickly looking up at the barista.

"Oh, sorry."

Minjeong quickly took the earpods out of her ears, looking at the other.

"So what is this beauty looking to order today?"

Minjeong chuckled awkwardly to herself. Not believing what the barista had just referred her as.

"I'll get a.."

Minjeong bit her lip as she looked up at the drinks menu just above her, then looking at the barista again.

"One Espresso, please."

"Sure thing. That'll be 3$"

The girl replied, smirking at Minjeong. Minjeong raised an eyebrow before nodding.

"Okay."

Minjeong took her purse out of her miniature bag. Opening it and putting her hand in it, only to find no money. Not even a single cent. Minjeong gulped before looking up.

"Uh, nevermind. I don't have enough money for it."

Minjeong closed her purse and was about to walk off, but then the barista said something.

"I'll give it to you for free, only on one condition though..."

Minjeong turned around, facing the other now.

"And that is..?"

Minjeong replied.

The barista leaned closer to Minjeong's face. Minjeong once again fascinated by how perfect the cashier girl was.

"You'll give me your number."

"What."

Minjeong replied slightly confused, but in reality she pretty much wanted to give the attractive barista her own number. Wondering what could happen.

"Mhm you heard me, your number."

The barista smiled ironically.

"I don't even know your name.."

"Yoo Jimin, people call me Karina most of the time though, you?"

Minjeong nodded slowly, wondering how she got herself into a situation like this. Is she about to give her number to someone she just met like 10 minutes ago? A complete stranger, someone she's never seen or heard of until now.

"Kim Minjeong."

She replied, whilst fiddling with her fingers. Is this a dream of some sort? This beautiful and flirty barista is asking for a girl like MINJEONG'S number!? Never once has Minjeong thought that something like this would happen in her life, definitely not with a girl.

"So are you giving me your number or not?"

Minjeong snapped back to reality. Looking at Jimin, sighing not knowing what to do. After a few seconds of silence Minjeong finally replied.

"Okay, fine."

Jimin just smiled.

Minjeong opened her elegant purse, taking out a small note to write on. She wrote her number on it and handed it to the barista.

Jimin took the note, putting it in her pocket.

"Okay cutie~ Go take a seat, whilst I prepare your drink."

Minjeong got flustered at what Jimin had just called her, quickly brushing it off as she went to take a seat in the coffee shop.

Minjeong smiled to herself, thinking about Jimin every second. She's never felt like this before.

Could this be.. love at first sight? It definitely was, whether you'd like to deny it or not.

Minjeong stood up, walking back to the counter to see if her drink is done. Surprisingly it was.

Jimin handed it to her, smiling brightly.

Minjeong gulped, taking it gently.
Bowing down.

"Thank you."

Jimin chuckled.

"Enjoy it, love."

AUTHORS NOTE
Fanfic was based off of Jessica and Tiffanys song, Talk To Me (Caramel Coffee)