phantom

I am your designer

Ten was surprised when Kun had asked him for a meeting, they had no urgent projects to deal with.

 

“you called?” Ten said as he sat in front of Kun’s desk.

 

“Yeah.” Kun replied and handed Ten a portfolio which the younger took and looked at.

 

“This is your phantom collection.” Ten remarked and Kun nodded, linking his fingers as he watched Ten flip through the pages of his sketches. “Have you found a model?” Ten asked and Kun grinned at him.

 

“That’s why I called you over.” Kun replied and Ten mirrored that grin.

 

---

 

Phantom is Kun’s personal collection known by only 2 persons, Kun and Ten. It is his lifelong project, of sketches so dear to him that he wouldn’t let just anyone wear them. They are tailored specifically for one person, and that person is Kun’s phantom.

 

The name was given by Kun himself, as the person intended to wear it doesn’t technically exist yet, but he just have a feeling, the phantom will let appear one day, and that phantom will steal his heart and his designs.

 

The collection was curated by Kun, styles that only he could create. Ten had looked into it a few times, when asked for his opinion about it but most of the time, it was all Kun.

 

 

---

 

“So who’s your phantom?” Ten was excited, Kun had never gotten interested with people, no dates no flings, but he had drawn sketches for his phantom, the person who will utterly steal his heart.

 

 

“You’ll tease me for this.” Kun bit his lip as he blushed.

 

“I’ll tease you regardless if it is your phantom or just a fling.” Ten answered him.

 

“Yinghao.” Kun blurted out.

 

“Minghao? Dude, he’s dating Mingyu already!” Ten was scandalized.

 

“not Minghao, it’s Yinghao.” Kun corrected Ten.

 

“Never heard of this guy.” Ten shook his head.

 

“You know him Yongqin.” Kun smiled and handed Ten a photo.

 

Ten screamed so loud, Kun had to cover his ears.

 

 

“Johnny? Johnny Suh?” Ten asked holding the picture of Johnny in his steam punk ensemble and Kun nodded as his ears turned red. ‘oh my goodness… oh my.. your phantom.. Qian kun!!!” Ten started tearing up and he ran to his best friend to hug him. “Kun, I am so happy for you. You found your phantom.” Ten muttered.

 

“Thank you Yongqin.” Kun replied, tearing up himself.

 

 

----

Johnny had been dating Kun for almost a year now, with Kun taking over Johnny’s design team and Johnny loving the many skirt designs he was able to wear at his disposal. It was a blissful time, even if the two were busy as bees on a spring day, they were still happy that they  got each other.

 

 

“Do you trust me?” Kun asked Johnny as he visited Kun for his consultation.

 

Johnny will be in a red carpet event and of course he’ll get Vision Fashion house to design his suit.

 

“Of course I do.” Johnny replied, seated comfortably on the chair inside Kun’s office.

 

Kun approached him and then handed him a portfolio then sat across him. Johnny ran a hand on the cover, and read the title, Phantom.

 

“Phantom?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded. “like the opera?” Johnny asked.

 

“Maybe.” Kun smiled and Johnny nodded.

 

“Never thought that you’d be interested in that.” Johnny shrugged.

 

“There’s a whole lot more of me that you don’t know Johnny.” Kun smirked and Johnny raised a brow but smiled at him.

 

“We got all the time in the world baby.” Johnny replied as he flipped the cover and started looking at the portfolio.

 

The sketches were immaculate, the silhouettes were beautiful. There were varied themes and concepts, elegant and classic styles to edgy and couture. Johnny examined it all, the details and notes that Kun had written, he immersed himself in the work of his beloved, and his smile grew, feeling connected to the work more than he probably should.

 

“These are amazing.” Johnny remarked, still flipping through the portfolio. “the designs are not totally inspired by Phantom of the opera.” Johnny said out loud.

 

“It’s not.” Kun replied.

 

“So Phantom?” Johnny asked and before he could look at Kun to ask further, he had reached the last page.

 

 

To you who is seeing this.

To you that I trust myself

To you that I reveal myself

Like that of the phantom,

To you, I dedicate these works.

My heart and soul.

My Phantom.

 

 

 

Johnny blinked as he processed the words. What did it meant? He then looked at Kun who was looking back at him expectantly, eyes glistening with unshed tears.

 

“Are you proposing to me?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded, his voice betrayed him. “I…” Johnny seemed to lost his voice as well, overwhelmed with the information that he is still digesting. “Oh my god. You are proposing to me?” Johnny held the portfolio close to his chest. “Kun.” Johnny whined as tears fell from his eyes. “Come here and ask me properly!” Johnny whined even more and Kun laughed and finally stood from his chair, walked towards Johnny and then knelt in front of him.

 

“Johnny.” Kun said as he took the older’s hand.

 

“Don’t call me that.” Johnny pouted.

 

“Yinghao.” Kun said softly and Johnny smiled through the tears. “Will you let me be your only designer?” Kun asked and Johnny nodded, placing the portfolio gently on the back of the chair before pulling the younger into a heated kiss.

 

----

 

“Well are hickies part of the design?” Ten asked as Kun was fitting Johnny the suit.

 

“Yes.” Kun replied confidently with a smirk while Johnny blushed making Ten laugh.

 

“Never thought I’d see this collection being made into actual garment.” Ten sighed and Johnny looked at him. “I know of course.” Ten winked at Johnny.

 

“He’s my best friend, of course he knows.” Kun pacified Johnny.

 

“gotta say Kun, it’s like Phantom was made for Johnny, look at how this all fits.” Ten remarked and Johnny beamed a smile and touched the ring hanging on his neck disguised as a pendant. ‘Even the ring.” Ten whistled and Johnny would be hurtling the pin cushion at him if Kun did not need it while he pinned the material to fit him.

 

“Definitely.” Kun replied then went to his toes to kiss his fiance’s lips making Johnny smile wide. “Can’t wait to marry you.” Kun said and mirrored his smile.

 

“Not letting you get married before me.” Ten huffed making the lovers laugh at him.

 

 

---

 

A/n: word vomit, I’m sorry T.T