1

Nighttime N.A.P

Teen Top! Teen Top! Teen Top!

 

I grabbed my chest as I tried to focus my breathing. The yells and screams of the fans just on the other side of the thick drape was making me more and more nervous. I looked around me, curious to know if anyone else felt the nervousness of their upcoming performance, or if it was just me. Minsoo was busy chatting away to Byunghun, Chanhee and Jonghyun.

I heard scuffing footsteps on my left. Looking in that direction I saw Changhyun skidding his way over to the dark blue curtains and stick his head through to look out. Screams erupted when the fan girls caught sight of the visual magnae’s face poking out on stage.

"Wow! There are so many people!" With a devious grin, he waved to them all, the girls continuing to scream out for attention until I saw Minsoo walk up and gently grab Changhyun's arm, half dragging the boy away from the now disappointed fans.

"Teen Top, you're on in thirty seconds!" A stage hand cried out over the noise of the fans, handing out microphones to myself and the other members. I stood in my position, feeling the butterflies in my stomach flutter hard with anticipation of our show tonight and also from the nervousness that radiated off my body. Nervously I quickly fiddled with my brown hair, the strands perfectly styled for our new concept as my white clothes fitted my curvy body just as perfect as our music video. I felt a soft poke on my shoulder blade so I turned and came face to face with Minsoo who gave me a reassuring smile, his brown locks gorgeously framing his face. Oh Minsoo, I’m so happy your hair grew out finally, even if it’s just for this promotion period.

"Relax." He said softly. "Breathe deeply and imagine that we are in our practice room, surrounded by the mirrors. Picture your reflection." I smiled. Minsoo always knew what to say to help relax me. I nodded and turned back around to face the front. I closed my eyes and imagined the big practice room just as Minsoo had told me to do. I could hear Chanhee scolding Changhyun for not being in place yet before the MCs announced us for the next act.

As the curtains opened, I saw that Changhyun had been right: There were hundreds of people in the crowd which only added to my nervous feeling. The lights dimmed out and spotlights focused on me and Chanhee, hiding the view of the crowd. As the music started, I relaxed best I could. Mirrors are around me, not people. Just imagine your reflection and you'll be fine. I thought to myself before raising the microphone to lips.


After our performance ended, we all hurried off the stage, sweating slightly from the heat of the stage lights. I was drinking from my water bottle when I heard a person speak from behind me.

"Well done on your performance tonight." I turned around and the magnae of MBLAQ was standing there, a grin on his face as he looked me up and down. I bowed low out of respect before speaking.

"Thank you, Mir sunbae." His smile widened if that was even possible as he continued to rake his eyes over my petite form.

"Teen Top is lucky to have such a cute member." Mir said sheepishly. I couldn't help but blush. I was more than used to people calling me cute but to have an older man say it to my face was something I still needed to adjust to.

"You are really kind. I think all of our members are cute though." I replied honestly.

"We should hang out sometime, just you and me." Mir offered me; I was touched that someone wanted to hang out so I smiled wide.

"That would be nice."

"Mir! Let's go!" One of Mir's fellow members called to him and I watched as he sighed.

"Well, I'll catch up with you sometime." Mir said, ruffling my hair which was still stiff from the hair spray holding it in place. I waved goodbye as he left and I felt arms wrap around my waist as Minsoo rested his head on my shoulder, watching Mir walk away as well.

"He was flirting with you." He told me in a quiet voice. I laughed softly.

"I don't think so." I replied before twisting out of his hold to stretch. Minsoo looked like there was something else he wanted to say to me but Changhyun interrupted us.

"Wow, I'm so tired! Let's go back to the dorm already!" I flinched at his loud voice.

"Changhyun, I'm right next to you, no need to yell." I muttered. He looked at me with an apologetic look before dashing off to bug Jonghyun. "Well, we may as well go too." I said, stifling a yawn that had crept its way up. Minsoo draped his arm around my neck and we walked together to the car in a calm silence which I didn't mind. What he had said about Mir was stuck in my head as I thought it over. Maybe he was trying to flirt with me, but I didn't know for sure.

We reached the car and Chanhee, Byunghun and Jonghyun were sitting in the middle seat, Changhyun already seated in the very back of their car. Minsoo climbed over the middle seat first, careful not to hit Byunghun in the face with his foot. As I was climbing over, Chanhee slapped me on my , the sound easily ringing through the car as I yelped loudly and stumbled over the seat onto Minsoo's lap. Byunghun, Jonghyun and Chanhee burst into laughter while I rubbed my rear end which was now sore and got up off of Minsoo's lap. His face was a slight red colour but I shrugged it off.

"Sorry hyung." I mumbled and he nodded, accepting with a smile as the redness left his face.

"All good, just a bit too close there. It could've been painful." I smiled when he said that, I didn't realize just how close to his crotch I had been with my elbow. Another couple of centimeters to the right, and a lot of pain for Minsoo.

Changhyun yawned from his place beside Minsoo and grabbed one of the PiroPiro neck pillows from behind his seat.

"Don't know about you guys, but I'm sleeping." He announced before closing his eyes. None of us really cared and we soon amused ourselves in simple games while we drove the long drive back to the dorm.

I tried my hardest to keep my eyes open, but I was too tired to do much and the heater being on in the car didn't help me out either. I felt Minsoo shift beside me just as I was nodding off and his arm wrapped itself around my shoulders, pulling me closer into his side and rested my head on his chest.

"Hyung." I tried to protest, but Minsoo started my hair and I lost all the will power to move.

"Sleep." He whispered by my ear and I gave up completely. With a contempt sigh, I fell asleep with the feeling of Minsoo's fingers running through my hair, stiff with hair spray or not.


"Shouldn't we wake him up?"

"No it's fine. I can carry him."

"How are you going to get him out then?"

"Ricky, you do know that these seats move, right?"

"Are you serious!?"

"Shush! You'll wake him up!"

I could hear voices coming from all around me and above but I was too warm and comfortable so I didn't bother opening my eyes. I moved my head slightly and felt the person under me shift uncomfortably.

"Ricky could you hit that lever like button just there please? Yes that's the one. Thank you." I could hear Minsoo's voice above me. Far above me. As if I was sleeping across his lap.

I shifted my head on purpose this time, trying to feel about carefully and discovered I was indeed currently resting my head in his lap. I could feel his legs move and I stopped moving, worried that he had discovered I was really awake.

I heard some shuffling as people got out of the car and I heard a deep clinking noise as the seat in front of me moved forward. Minsoo moved out from under me, trying not to wake me even though I was already awake. The cold air hit me and I shivered against my will until something was draped around my small frame.

Two arms s their way under my body and lifted me carefully out of my seat. I could tell it was Minsoo instantly because he was the only member who could carry me, or at least a sleeping me. Plus I could smell the distinct scent that radiated off his body all the time. He held me in his arms and pulled me out of the car, careful not to bump me on anything.

It was cold outside the car and I unconsciously snuggled myself closer to Minsoo's chest as he climbed some stairs, got in an elevator and carried me to our dorm.

"Chanhee, open the door for me please?" Minsoo asked and I heard the beeping of our password pad before the chime and lock unlocking as the dorm door swung open. Minsoo carried me all the way to my room and with his foot he yanked the blankets back before placing me on the soft mattress of my bed where I instantly curled up, too tired to do anything else but sleep. Covering my body with the heavy blanket, I felt as Minsoo my hair again and I could feel something really soft rest on my half visible forehead for a few long seconds before removing contact off of my skin.

"Goodnight, Daniel." He said and turned to leave. For some reason I felt the urge to reach out and grab his hand, to stop him from going anywhere. "Niel?" It took me a long minute before realizing I had just done that. Still pulling the sleep card, I rolled over slightly, tugging on Minsoo's hand as I did. Minsoo closed his hand around mine and sat down on the bed. I could feel his eyes on my face looking at me while I 'slept'.

Getting impatient, I sat up slightly with my eyes still closed and I wrapped my arms around his neck, listening as he gasped slightly from the sudden action of mine.

"Niel?" One of his hands rested on my back and rubbed it gently. I pretended to groan quietly and pulled Minsoo down with me as I lay back on the pillows. Minsoo seemed to have an internal debate with himself before sighing and unlatching me from him.

I felt sad when he did that, waiting for him to go but instead I felt the blankets move and Minsoo climb into the bed with me, slinking his arms around my waist and pulling me in close to him.

I took advantage of the situation and hugged him tight, snuggling into him best I could before finally letting myself sleep.