Goodbye

The One I Once Loved

Chaeyoung's POV

 

"My girlfriend for almost 5 years broke up with me. She was my first girlfriend and so it was also the first breakup I had in my life." The first two lines I wrote. I smiled as I reminisce about the past. 

 

This is not supposed to be a book but a letter. An apology letter to my penguin, my ballerina, my first love, my first heartbreak and the one that I still love. 

I don't know where to start. There's so many things I want to say to you. 

 

Minari,

I know how much you wanted to see me reach for my dreams as you were there when I started dreaming. I am sorry if you felt that I have been cutting your wings while you were building mine. I am sorry for failing to realize that you have dreams of your own. But know that all the dreams I have now is no longer for myself. They are all my preparations for the future I am working  for us. I am sorry I was too focused on the future, I might have failed to make toy feel my love in the present. 

Thank you.. for staying by my side even in the days when you can no longer stand me. Thank you.. for being very patient with me. Thank you.. for the countless chances you have given me. Thank you.. for everything you have done for me. Thank you for being a lesson that I needed to learn. 

And lastly, thank you for all the love you have given.

I hope you reach your dreams. I love you. I still love you. 

And I guess I will love you even more after all these.

Goodbye to the one I still love. 

- Chaengie 

 

There are doors of memories in our minds containing our past. It takes a great amount of courage to reopen those doors to find the closure that we wanted. The memories will always be there. Sometimes we need to accept that maybe they were just meant to be a lesson or we aren't to be the one.