Chapter 1: Strength and Stealth

TWELVE CHANCES - LOONA

Heejin woke up suddenly, a strange feeling had run through her body to the point that it made her sit up in bed

Wow... That was strange...- She said running her hand through her blonde hair. - But wha-... When did I dye my hair?

Heejin was so confused, she didn't remember anything about the day before. Her thoughts were interrupted, because she realized the time, if she didn't hurry up, she would be late for class.

She in a quick movement she got up and she went to the bathroom to start getting ready.

Woah .. Hello beautiful - she said to himself to the verse in the mirror - I think I can get used to this .. Grr!

She winked at himself and regained her sense of what he was doing, she had to get ready to leave.

After a while, she wrapped her body in her towels and left the bathroom to grab her clothes and start dressing. With the basics down, she took his previously selected set of clothes and proceeded to put them on.

Rocket quick, Heejin was ready at the door of her apartment and with coffee in hand, she proceeded to walk to the university.

Heejin arrived at the bus station as usual, she sat patiently, it was quite lonely in the place, it made up for the time. Or well, that's what the blonde expected until he noticed that there was a girl with black hair reading on the same bench, which he didn't see when she arrived, but she didn't care and continued in her world.

She took the first bus that came, as punctual as ever, focused on the rhythm of the music in his headphones, the only thing that mattered to her was getting to his class to get good grades.

Time passed, Heejin arrived early, she was one of the first to take a seat to wait for the teacher.

- "Hey Heejin, what a cute hair color." - Said one of her classmates.

- "I agree with her, you even look ier" - Added the boy next to happiness, who hit her with his elbow

- "Hey, you talk like an idiot, how can you say that!" - The girl argued towards her partner, who only laughed at the reaction of her friend.

- Okay, leave it, it doesn't bother me. - Heejin smiled slightly.

- "Very well, but if this fool tells you something that makes you uncomfortable, I swear I'll put him in her place," - the younger warned, to which the blonde nodded slightly before focusing on her phone again.

The teacher arrived to start the class with papers in hand, she sat at her desk and began to order some documents in which all the students finished settling down.

-"Well, before we start, I want to remind you that today is the last day of the exchange week, this time it was our turn, so.. Jeon Heejin could you come up and do the honors?" - Said the teacher. In that instant, everyone looked at Heejin, who lost just nodded without saying a single word.

- T-Teacher... It's just that... I don't remember anything since this morning... I don't remember what that consists of... - The minor confessed.

- "Well boys and girls, that's why you shouldn't dye your hair, apparently it makes you lose your memory" - The teacher commented, to which the rest of the class laughed. - "Today a new classmate arrives in our classroom. Kim Hyunjin, could you stand up?"

She told her she stood up, bowing to the teacher. Heejin turned around, and that's when she realized that…she was the girl she had seen earlier at the station!…

- "She will spend the rest of her years with you until you graduate from university, so please, treat her well and make her feel at home." - The whole class agreed. - "Heejin, Hyunjin, you can take her seat again now. We're going to start class, so everyone please take out her book on page 34."

The aforementioned nodded and complied with the teacher's order.

The classes went normally. The bell rang to start recess. They all got up from their seats and met their friends to go rest. Heejin got up from her seat, taking her headphones and phone to head towards the cafeteria.

In the aforementioned place, the vast majority of seats were filled, except for a table in one of the corners, the perfect place for Heejin in which she could eat in complete peace.

The blonde sat leaving her tray on the table, she took out one of her notebooks and began to draw, it was her favorite way of killing time when she was alone..

She was.

- Ehm... - she cleared his throat - Excuse me, Jeon Heejin...?

- Yes? -The blonde was scared when she saw that whoever was talking to her, she appeared practically out of nowhere. She was that new girl in her class. - Oh, it's you. Hyunjin, right?

The aforementioned agreed.

- Y-Yes.. I.. Most of the places are occupied.. Your table is the only place where there is space.. Would you mind if I sit here with you? - she asked shyly.

- Oh... Not at all, please sit down. - Heejin stepped aside to give space to her partner. Moving the objects of it to the side.

- I thank you very much - Hyunjin bowed which was reciprocated by Heejin. - Wow, did you make that drawing?

Heejin nodded.

- I usually draw when I'm bored, recess is no exception.

- Why boring? There's a lot to do here, talk to your friends, laugh, eat... It's not that bad - Hyunjin seemed very optimistic.

-It's not to sound rude, but in case you haven't noticed... I don't have friends - She said pointing to the rest of the empty table-for something I feel here alone. Hyunjin thought about it, because it was true.

- Well... I hope I don't sound bold with this... But... Would you like to be my friend?

At that moment, Heejin looked up and looked at her partner.

- Are you serious?

- Ahem. You are the only person I am not afraid to talk to, and I feel very comfortable with you.

Heejin thought about it, she had never had a friend before, so she didn't know how to answer.

- I-I... - The blonde stammered - I-I also want to be your friend..

Hyunjin smiled.

- You can tell me how you like, do you want me to call you in some specific way? - She questioned the dark-haired one.

-Tell me Heejin, or in any cute way you can think of - she smiled.

- Well Heejin, now that we are in confidence... Can I ask you... Are you going to eat that?

Heejin looked at her tray.

- What thing? Bread?

Hyunjin nodded

- Take it, go ahead, I never eat it.

- You do not like? Why not? It's bread.

- I know, but I don't like it.

- Well, for what it's worth, I love bread. - She-she smiled.

- Good to know, I'll write it down - Both one and the other, the 2Jin laughed.

Without further ado, Hyunjin proceeded to eat while she kept Heejin company.

- Bon Appetite

Hyunjin nodded and continued eating.

The rest of the break, Heejin and Hyunjin were talking about the classes they had already attended. As the bell rang, Hyunjin got up to throw out the trash, while Heejin put her things in her backpack.

A slight pang attacked the left area of ​​the blonde's head, but she didn't pay attention to it, assuming it was simple exhaustion.

- Ready to go? We have history class in 10 minutes. -Hyunjin said returning for her backpack.

- Sure, let's go, we only have a little over 4 hours left, we can handle it. -Heejin laughed lightly and invited her partner to leave together.

The 2Jin walked together through the long, crowded hallways filled with students.

- Oh, I must ask the teacher something, are you waiting for me? - Hyunjin questioned stopping

- My locker is here in front, I have to get a book, so I'll wait for you there. - Added the blonde, so Hyunjin nodded and went to the classroom of the required teacher.

Heejin continued to walk towards her locker, strangely, there were more people in the hall than usual, so he walked very close to the others.

In the midst of the high flow of people, Heejin bumped her shoulder into someone else's, somewhat roughly.

- Be more careful, stupid. - Exclaimed a silver-haired girl, a couple of centimeters taller than Heejin. The little bump of her shoulder against Heejin's made her annoyed.

Heejin managed to hear what was said by the tall one. The blonde used to get annoyed by the insults both towards her and towards any other person in her environment.

- Excuse me, but who-...

Heejin was about to turn around to claim the one who insulted her, but a severe headache attacked the blonde, to the point that she grabbed her head with both hands.

- Heejin, are you alright? What's wrong?

The black-haired one exclaimed, Heejin shook her head and walked over to help her partner. Hyunjin noticed that there was another girl who was a little less than two meters away, she was going through the same situation, except that she was trying to stay on her feet to leave the scene.

- Come on.. I'll take you to the infirmary.

Hyunjin finished lifting the blonde now he would proceed to take her to the place already indicated

That silver-haired girl kept complaining about her pain, that's when her best friend arrived. A girl with blond hair, slim and of the same height

- Hey, are you okay? Come on, I'll take you to the infirmary. - She said worried, her friend looked bad.

- No, I am not ok. I just need to sleep in class a little...- She exclaimed quickly

The blonde was not very convinced, but she did not usually contradict her partner, for which she only took her by the arm and took her to her respective room.


After a while, the nurse returned with a small notebook in her hand.

-"Well, it's nothing serious, you just have to rest a little and take this pill, it will take away the pain in a while" - The nurse spoke to Heejin while she passed her an envelope where the aforementioned pill lay.

- Thank you very much.. - Heejin said subtly.

- Do you feel well enough to continue in class? I could tell the teacher to give you permission to go home to rest - Hyunjin added.

- "What your friend says is true, if you feel bad, you should go home"

- N-No nurse, I'm fine..

- "Well... I'll leave the authorization here, go to class"

Heejin and Hyunjin nodded at the same time.

- Are you really still in class? It could be bad for your health

- That headache tells me that my body has endured worse things - Heejin laughed. She took Hyunjin's hand and invited her to go to class. Hyunjin wasn't sure, but she nodded and gave in to the blonde.

Hours passed, that torture that was the math class was finally over, the 2Jin left together to go to their respective lockers, that's when the black-haired one realized something:

- Hey, my locker is right next to yours. - Exclaimed Hyunjin smiling.

-It's true, I hadn't noticed, well, that way you won't have to walk far from me - Heejin said coquettishly, annoying her friend.

- Look, there's one over there that isn't busy - she said, looking at the other lockers. Each one was distinguished by a random number, next to Hyunjin's, there were two more busy ones, one without an assigned number, and another one after that.

-Oh yes, as new students arrive, they are assigned the first free locker they see -She said closing her locker. - Why so curious?

- I was just saying, you know... I'm new here, it's a good opportunity to make friends, better those who have their lockers next to yours. - Heejin rolled her eyes and laughed.

- I think that curiosity killed the cat, but I admit that it would be nice to see who are the people who own those lockers.

-Maybe someone is a cute boy, tall and with blue eyes- Hyunjin fantasized and made an expression as if it were her greatest longing.

-I bet you that the person who owns the locker to your right, she is a woman. - Said the blonde.

- 15 dollars.

- 30 and it's a deal.

- Done. - Hyunjin shook her hand with Heejin's right before closing her locker.

- I guess we should go home, we need to rest and enjoy the rest of the day... - The blonde yawned slightly.

- Sounds good... Here, this is my number, write me and we'll be talking, maybe we can go out for a while if you like...

- Do you have something to do now? I mean... we could go to my house to do our homework and maybe we can do something later..

- I could go with you, but I have to go home to order some things, maybe later... Is that okay for you? - Hyunjin tilted his head looking at her friend.

- Okay.. I'll send you the address by message.

- That's right... I'll be waiting then - Hyunjin came over and hugged Heejin and then separated - See you later!

The blonde just nodded and smiled. The black-haired one quickly walked away, at which Heejin let out a small sigh and began to walk towards her apartment.


After hours, being approximately 4 in the afternoon, Heejin was in his apartment. The very tidy blonde was passing a rag cleaning the slightest trace of dust that crossed her path.

As if he was already expecting it, he took the phone from him and answered Hyunjin's call without even letting the tone ring.

- I was waiting for you to call - The blonde laughed.

- I'm impressed that you're so aware of your phone... I hadn't met someone so "anxious".

- Hey! Who are you calling anxious, girl? - Exclaimed the blonde, Hyunjin laughed at the comment.

- Any way at all! I am in front of your door, could you open it for me?

- But-.. How did you get there without being told before? - Heejin looked confused.

- I don't know, I think the lady at the entrance didn't see me come in, better open me up, it's cold out here.

- Well.. Wait then.

Heejin hung up the call and left her phone on the table, he walked to the door and opened it, giving way to the black-haired one.

- Whoa! Nice place, everything is very organized! - Said the black-haired one looking at the small and tidy apartment

- There is not much to order, you know, I live alone after all. - The older one commented.

- It makes sense... - Hyunjin laughed - Let's do the homework, it's long...

- Not so much... I mean... It's Physics, I guess I'm good at it so I decided to get a little ahead of myself. - Heejin walked to the table followed by the black-haired woman.

- So fast? Wow, could you let me write down what you wrote down?

- Only if you paraphrase, I'll make something to eat in the meantime.

The black-haired woman nodded and sat down to then take out her notebook and her supplies. Heejin for her part, gave her notebook to her partner and turned to start cooking.

After a few minutes, Hyunjin had already written most of the text, only the graphics were missing.

- Hey Heejin

- Yes?

- Do you believe that time travel exists?

-What a creative way of breaking the ice - Heejin laughed at what she said and turned to look at her friend. - Why do you ask?

- Well... Do you remember the philosophy class before entering mathematics? - She questioned, the blonde nodded immediately. - Well... The teacher made me think that... If there was a way to make amends for our past mistakes, change our present and improve our future... Everything would be easier in a certain way...

- It may be, but remember those movies about time travel, they say that if you alter something in the past, it can be bad for your future. - She reasoned - There is something in which I do believe... In the temporary lines...

- Isn't that the same as time travel?

- More or less... Timelines are things that happen parallel to your reality...

- I don´'t get it...

- For example... You, you're doing your homework, aren't you? Well, maybe in another timeline, you're here in my apartment, but you're doing something completely different, maybe in another timeline, we haven't even had this conversation, or worse, we may not even know each other.

- That sounds more like a multiverse to me, that where there are several versions of yourself, but in completely different stories.

- It seems that you already understood it, but well... It's all just theory, we don't know anything about that field beyond what we've been told at school.

- Oh... Well, you're right... - Hyunjin laughed nervously.

The black-haired one took the elder's notebook to close it, but she accidentally dropped a flyer.

- Huh? What's this? - she She said picking up the flyer - "Student council annual convocation" .. Do you plan to run?

- Well.. I think so.. I don't know.. I hadn't participated in something about the student council since high school..

- Let's go! It would be good for you, you have the air of a good representative - she smiled - we just have to make good proposals so that the teachers are impressed

- We?

- That's right, I'll help you being your campaign manager, we'll get a lot of votes and we'll win, besides, hardly anyone is interested in the student council, so there won't be much competition.

It's not a bad idea... Maybe I will..

— You still have a week to think about it — Hyunjin yawned — When you feel sure that you will do it, let me know

Heejin nodded and turned to continue cooking. Hyunjin didn't say anything else. Everything was silent for a couple of minutes, until Heejin turned around. Hyunjin had laid her head on the table and fell asleep. The blonde couldn't let her sleep like this, so she walked over and carefully picked her up to pick her up and lay her down on the sofa near the bed.

— It's not such a bad idea... Anyway... Who could compete against me?

She questioned herself smiling subtly.