Chapter 1

The In Between

12 hours before the unknown phenomenon happened.

It was 8'o clock in the morning when Pa and Ink decided to tell their group mates about the changed in their plan,  which Ink and Pa have been thinking of since last night, but they decided to have a go for it just this morning. Thankfully, all of their group mates had agreed to the change of plan and understand Ink and Pa's intentions. They have all decided to meet at Bus Station One at 10:30 AM.

Ink and Pa has been loving the weather for the past few days, it was a gloomy weather but minus the rain but it has a cold wind. It is the perfect weather for the film that Ink, Pa, and their group mates were going to make. It was a film about an old love - story style. A love that can come through in any timeline and any gender. A love that had gone through many hard ships and happiness but they never broke up. A promise that the two person in love always keep. That's the general idea for the short film theme that Ink and Pa has been thinking of and finally they are all gonna make it happen, bits by bits. Also, this film will be their group entry for the end year school festival. Their first and last entry while they are all a university student. They all promised this with each other and now they are finally making it happen.

Their group consist of ten (10) people who met because of film making subjects or subjects related to filming , and you know what they say "they hit off right the bat". Also, all of them are in the same department, also film making is what them made friends, and a film they will be making is their unspoken promise to each other. A friendship that starts because of a film subject, is a friendship that will last like an old classic films.

Also, Ink and Pa both love film making since they were in high school, maybe it is one the many reasons they both choose a film major as a course, and so far they didn't regret that choice. It was hard and still hard, no course has it easy but they love what they do and they are having fun learning new things too.

The place they all decided to go was a little bit far from their dormitory but it is worth it. It was like a grassy field, where wild flowers grows and blooms to different  colors. Also, the grass there might be brown now since the weather just changed.

 

****

Ink, Pa, and their group mates is excitingly looking outside their bus seats now. They are getting nearer to the place they will be going. Their enthusiasm is out of their league but it is all their first time going there, and they can't wait to see that beautiful view. Also, all of them are in their third year now, just one more year and all of them will be graduates.

 

They have arrived now to the place, and it is breathtakingly magical. Now words can describe how magnificent that place was. The grass to the flowers looks so perfect. This place was perfect. They all decided to assemble all the things they will all be going to use, from the cameras to the tripods, to the lights and more. All of them have finished the finishing touched around 1:30 PM, they have also finished eating their lunches then and now, they will start filming one of scenes.

They had been filming for three hours before they all agreed to take a 30 minute break. Also, all of them are just waiting for the sunset to come since it will arrive a little earlier this day according to the weather update courtesy by Nana (one of their group mates). The sunset will be a perfect add on to the film they were going to make. It was actually not on their plan to film with a sunset but the idea presented by Carl (one of their group mates) was perfect fo the scene they are going to tape today.

 

****

They have finished taping that sunset scene and now wrapping up. They can't afford to stay till it gets dark since it's quite far from Bus Station. 

Everyone was walking quite fast now since it's getting dark. Pa wanted to talk to Ink during their break but Ink keeps on ignoring her. So, Pa decided to let her be.

They have all arrived to their apartments and dorms and said their goodbyes, but Pa will not have any of that to Ink. Pa made sure that all of their group mates was gone when she decided to talk to Ink.

"Hey, Ink. Do you want to take a walk with me?"

Pa's voice sound hopeful asking that question. Ink of course answered her with her sweet smile and a soft "sure"

Ink like Pa quite for a long time now. She can't confess to her because Ink thinks that Pa doesn't see her the same way, and it may break her heart more if Pa will be uncomfortable and didn'twant to be her friend anymore. So, Ink keeps it on her self for a very long time now,  and plastered it on her mind that 'Pa doesn't see her the way she see her '. That ohrase became almost like tattoo in Ink's mind and a mantra that she keeps on repeating everyday, then, maybe then it will work.

Pa doesn't know when or how she started seeing Ink in a different light but she is sure that she likes her, and only her. If it is not Ink, then it can't be anyone. Pa is sure as hell that that feeling she have for Ink, is only for Ink. She didn't feel it to anyone before and until now. That's why Pa decided to confess but it scared it her, becasue sometimes she feels like Ink like her the same way but she also feels that Ink might just favors her more than the others.

And, because of all this thinking, it almost made her sick. Thinking is not for her. If she wanted answers she must get it. Waiting won't give it to her. That's when Pa decided to ask Ink for a walk and get the answers she needed.

***

They have finished their walking and decided to sit to a bench near a park. And wiyhout further ado, Pa spoke.

"Hey. Ink. Can i ask you a question?" 

Ink look at Pa then, who on the other hand just keeps looking at the sky. Bewildered, why Pa was looking at the sky but Ink just then shrug it off and look at also the sky, because Pa is looking to it. 

"Sure" Ink answered.

Pa is now looking so nervous but still she mustered all her courage to speak again.

"I-its actually not a question. It's a statement rather a-a confession. Ink, i like you more than a friend." 

Pa won't look at Ink. Ink on the other hand was shock but happy and also relieved. Ink could not pin point the edact emotion she's feeling  becasue it is a mix of everything. That is why she couldn't response right away, but Ink tried her best to give a decent response to Pa without stuttering.

" i- i really li..."

So much for not stuttering Ink ! But lets try again. Ink convince herself.

"Pa...i really...

Ink could not  finish her answer/confession to Pa. Ink felt something she couldn't explain, like everything felt buzzing and in slow motion. It didn't make sense but she felt Pa was blurring and she felt she is slowly being dragged into something. It hurts her head like no other and that's all she remembers.

Pa was waiting for Ink to finish her answer when everything felt like she is looking into a kaleidoscope. It is hurting her head but she saw the Ink looking the same way. Pa reached her hand to Ink, and that's all she can remember.