Fin.

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I’m back after how many months? One shot to celebrate it LOL. I’m working on an au right now and it will be posted as a thread on my Twitter account @wenrenewrites next month! It’s about Actress Irene Bae and Singer-Producer Son Wendy. I originally did that au just to feed myself a fluff and now decided to share it with seekers too. Don’t expect too much tho hahaha see you next month. Enjoy reading this!

 

Weekend.

Weekends mean family day and she will have a chance to go home to her parents, eat delicious food, and maybe watch some movies.

She was about to get out of her room when she saw her two friends who’s like arguing.

It bothers her more because they haven’t been in a fight since they started dating.

That’s why she called them out. “Seulgi-ya, Sooyoung-ah, is there any problem?” the two stop arguing when they saw her. They look like they saw a ghost from the way they staring at Wendy.

The two didn’t even utter a word. “Tell me, did you two fight?” she asked again. Wendy crossed her arms, really determined to know what’s the problem.

Seulgi turned to Joy who look pissed. The woman just glared at her.

“There’s no problem, Unnie. We’re just practicing my acting skills” Joy said sparkling her eyes and convincing Wendy.

“Are you sure?” Wendy eyed Seulgi. She knows her friend too well. She is someone who can’t lie especially to her.

Seulgi smiled at her. “Aren’t you going home today? Please tell your Mom to cook for us too” the woman pouted. 

“We’re okay, unnie. Don’t mind us”  Joy interferes with the conversation between the two. The voice is firm and Seulgi was taken aback by it.

Wendy sighs and leans on the couch. She is now sure that there’s a problem with these two but she also knows her boundaries as a friend.

“You two” she pointed at the two. “If you can’t still resolve that after this weekend, you have to tell me. Is that clear?” she said so seriously that the two simultaneously gulped.

Joy sits beside her. “You should go, unnie. I know your parents are waiting for you” she clings to her arms and leans her head on her shoulders.

“You know that Seulgi is here and she is watching us, right?” Wendy whispered while looking at Seulgi who looked like will shoot daggers at either of them.

“I know, unnie. I can’t just stand seeing her face today” Joy replied. Wendy just chuckled.

“I’ll go now. Mom and i will bake cookies. I’ll keep some for us” 

Seulgi runs to her and proudly said, “Waaah! Your baked cookies taste good!” She also taps Wendy’s back. “Take care, Wan-ah”

Wendy smiled and hug her best friend back. “Better makeup now” she taps Seulgi’s back too and then pulled back.

“I need to go. Be well and stop fighting” Wendy commands. The two nod. 

When Wendy turned her back, Joy and Seulgi sighed.

“Hope everything goes well” Seulgi whispered under her breath.

—––—

For Wendy, riding the subway is very relaxing. It was one of her favorite things to do.

It was the weekend and the subway is not that full. Wendy thinks it was such a relief. She doesn’t want all the hassle of going home.

When she arrived. Her Mom was very excited to share a new recipe that she discovered while her Dad is doing his best to make homemade coffee.

“Seungwan-ah, i miss you” Her Mom confessed.

"I miss you too, Mom" Wendy smiled and pour little kisses on the top of the head of her Mom.

“What about me?” Her dad jokingly said. They all laughed and soon her Dad also joined the warm hug.

After eating Wendy goes to her room. The room is pretty much the same as before. 

She looks at the table and saw a picture that she wants to bury. She stared at the girl who was holding her hand tight in the picture. 

“I thought i’m over you” Wendy whispered. Her heart is in pain again. “I guess, i’ll be sleeping in the living room today” she whispered then head out of the room.

“Can’t sleep?” Her Mom asked. She was shocked by the question. Think of a good excuse. Think. Think. Think. 

“I’m going to watch some movies” she replied smiling.

Her Mom gave her a sweet smile. "Do you mind if i watch with you?” 

Wendy shook her head. “I love your company, Mom. I will always say yes”

As soon as Wendy was seated on the couch, she immediately browses the list of the movies that are popular these days. While her Mom is busy preparing some snacks.

Wendy was too focused on the television that she didn't notice her Mom is already sitting beside her. 

She gave her Mom attention when she heard a chuckle. "Are you really planning to watch a movie? you’re not even decided what to watch” Wendy scratched her nape.

“U-uhm—”

Her Mom taps her shoulder and smiles at her. “Girls talk?” 

“No, Mom. I mean, It’s not necessary” Wendy contemplated telling the truth.“It’s just that i can’t sleep in my room” Her Mom's eyes soften. She knows her too well.

Her Mom gets up and runs through their room. After a few minutes, she came back with an extra blanket and pillow in her hand. “If you’re not comfortable here just call me, okay?”

“Okay. But don’t worry too much. I’m fine!” Wendy cheerfully said. Making her Mom burst into a laugh.

“Alright. Good night, I love you, Wan” Her Mom kissed her cheeks and hug half of her body.

“I love you too, Mom. Good night and say my good night to Dad too” Wendy replied, hugging her Mom back right.

–————

Morning came and the Son family once again gathered in the kitchen to do their usual routine which is cooking.

They are in the living room and already done eating when big news came out. It may not be big for others but for Wendy this is BIG.

“CEO of BAE Corporation, Bae Joohyun arrived in Seoul today. Her spokesperson said, she’ll be staying for good in the country to focus on making her family’s business grow”​​​​

“Wan-ah, are you okay?” Wendy didn’t know she was just starting at the television. Her mind went blank. 

“Uhh, sorry Dad. I’m good!” She replied. Smiling and giving thumbs up.

“Honey, what do you want to do?” Her Mom asked this time. 

I think i want to cry. 

Wendy awkwardly laughs. “That. I should ask you that. What do you want to do today? The weather is good outside!” 

Her parents hugged her. 

Wendy breaks down. The hug was comforting and her tears fell instantly.

“M-mom” Her voice cracks. The pain that she felt before came back. The pain that she’s been trying to forget is now being remembered.

“It’s okay, Seungwan. It’s okay to cry in front of us. You don’t need to be strong always” The older woman caresses her child like a baby.

They guided Wendy to their room. They let their child take a rest. 

Leaning at each other, they watched Wendy fall asleep.

 “She’ll be okay, right?” The woman asked her husband. 

“She will. Maybe not today or tomorrow but one day, she will be okay” 

After a while, they heard someone knock doorbell.

They opened the door when they saw Seulgi looking upset, nervous, and scared. “Auntie, where’s Wendy?”

She smiled at Seulgi. “She’s sleeping”

Seulgi lowers her head. “I’m sorry. I should’ve told her sooner but i don’t know what to do”

Wendy’s Mom pats her shoulder. “Don’t worry. She will understand you”

Slightly nervous, Seulgi asked again. “Can i wait until she wakes up?”

“Of course. Do you want to eat something? I’ll prepare it for you”

“Anything is okay, Auntie. Thank you” Seulgi smiled at the couple.

She doesn't deserve to be called Wendy’s best friend. She’s a coward for not telling her.

It’s difficult for her too since Irene is also her friend.

She was busy thinking about the things she will say to Wendy when the doorbell rings up.

"I'll take care of this, Auntie!" she shouts.

"Okay, thank you!” Wendy’s Mom shouts back.

When she opened the door, shock and guilt washed over her body.

"Sooyoung-ah..." she uttered. Her girlfriend crossed her arms and glared at her.

"I'm surprised that you're here" she sarcastically said.

"Sooyoung-ah...” Seulgi lowered her voice.

“What did i tell you?” Joy asked. Seulgi could feel how cold that may sound and how mad she is right now.

“I know. I’m sorry” Seulgi can’t do anything but to apologize.

She knows that this might happen. She was just trying to protect Wendy but she didn’t foresee this to happen.

She was aware of Irene coming back here in Seoul. The woman told her over the phone. She was preparing herself to tell Wendy. She didn’t know Irene will arrive early.

“You’re still siding with her, aren’t you?” Joy pointed at Seulgi.

“No. I didn't take sides!” She fights back. Trying to hug Joy but she’s too fast to step back.

Joy shook her head. “You’re still denying it”

“No–”

Seulgi’s words were cut.

“Seulgi-ah, Sooyoung-ah stop fighting. We’re at my parent's house” Wendy said in a low tone of voice.

“Unnie/Wan-ah,” The two said in unison.

“So, this is the reason why you’re fighting yesterday?” Wendy asked. Her voice is shallow trying not to show the roller coaster emotion that she have.

“...” The two didn’t respond. For Wendy silence means yes and she just wants to disappear right now.

“Stop that. I can understand Seulgi why she did that” Seulgi stared at her. She wants to hug her best friend but she knows that’s not a good idea. 

Wendy turned to Joy. She could tell how concerned the younger was to the point that she also hurt herself by getting mad at her girlfriend.

“And for you, Sooyoung-ah. Irene is not a stranger to us. She didn’t do anything wrong either. She didn’t like me, that’s not her fault” she explained.

“But—” she stops Joy from saying anything.

“No buts and i’m okay” she boldly said.

“Are you sure?” Wendy just nods.

“Go to the dining area. My parents are waiting. We will leave after you eat” 

Wendy walks away after she said that. The two had eye contact. They didn’t mutter any word and just sighed loudly.

—————

Taeyeon: You have a meeting tomorrow at 1 pm. Buljang Restaurant.

Wendy: That’s a private restaurant. Who’s the client?

Taeyeon: You’ll know tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Wendy sighs. She’s at the back seat of Seulgi’s car. They are on the way to their shared apartment.

“What happened, Unnie? Are you okay?” Joy asked checking her on the rear mirror.

“I’m okay. Work just calling” Wendy replied.

“You have a meeting today?” Seulgi now asked. She knows how hard-working Wendy is but working on a Sunday? She could feel how annoyed her friend is.

“No. Tomorrow. Who wants to drink?” Wendy suddenly asked. She raised her hands and watch the two women in front of her.

Joy turned her head to Wendy while Seulgi almost hit the brake.

“What?” She asked again. Raising her brows. “Come on, i haven’t drank for a while now”

“But you have work tomorrow” Joy explained, not totally liking Wendy's plan.

“I have high alcohol tolerance, don’t worry about me” She brags.

“...” The two didn’t respond to anything. They just look at Wendy wondering what the woman was thinking.

“If you don’t want to join me then just drop me off at Jennie,” Wendy said. 

“Fine! But we’ll not go far from two bottles, okay?” Seulgi gives in. Joy nods at her girlfriend’s decision.

“Call, unnie?” Joy asked Wendy to confirm.

“Call” Wendy smiled.

When they arrived at Jennie’s bar, they were amazed at how the business is doing. There are a lot of people and the private rooms are almost occupied!

“Wow, there are a lot of people here. Isn’t Monday tomorrow?” Joy asked herself. The two best friends are now seated in the toolbar.

“Oh, Team Rocket is here!” 

“Jennie!” The three shouted her name. Making the latter laugh.

“What’s up?” Jennie asked. She stared at Wendy. The older woman smiled at her.

“We just want to unwind” Wendy replied to the question.

“Unwind here? Too crowded for that” They all laugh at the sarcasm. 

“Wendy just likes to drink” Seulgi stated.

“Oh,” Jennie uttered.

Jennie is Joohyun’s old friend. Joohyun also introduced Jennie to the three. She was also aware of what happened between Wendy and Joohyun.

She was actually shocked that they still treat them as a friend.

“...” 

When Jennie realized that it became awkward, she clapped her hands and asked a question.

“Do you want a room?”

Joy laughed. “No. We’re not going to stay long. Thank you, anyway”

“Okay! I’ll give two people to assist you. Call them when you need them” Jennie said pointing at the two people on the side.

“Thank you, Jen”

“What are friends for? I’ll go back to my office. Need to check something. I’ll be right back”

“Thank you so much, Jennie” is all Wendy could say. Jennie smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up.

—–———

After two hours. Jennie goes out of her office to check on her friends. 

Oh, God.

It was a total mess.

Seulgi is already sleeping on the couch. Joy’s head was buried in the table. Wendy is being flirted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter