Happy Birthday

Surprising Tae

Finally! After the grueling weeks of hiding and wrapping gifts in secrecy, finally, Tiffany was already done with her twenty-seven gifts for Taeyeon. She's looking at the pile of gifts with pride and joy.

It was not an easy task, all the hiding she didn't do very well and the late night wrapping just to make sure Taeyeon was fast asleep, she knew it would all pay off seeing her girlfriend's surprised face. Not that Taeyeon didn't already know what Tiffany was planning for her birthday.

Tiffany wasn't good at keeping secrets, and as much as she wants to surprise Taeyeon, she also couldn't stop blurting her plan to her girlfriend.

"Taetae? Are you asleep?" Tiffany poked Taeyeon's cheek careful not to wake up the other girl if ever she was already asleep. It was bedtime already and Taeyeon had been lying on their bed, eyes closed for half an hour already, on ordinary nights Taeyeon would have had her earpods on listening to her favorite podcast until she falls asleep, but it had been a hectic week for Taeyeon, working in their shared home-office from morning till night reading manuscripts to manuscripts. Taeyeon wanted to finish as much work as she can before their much-awaited vacation.

"Tae, you don't have to kill yourself just to make sure you're not going to work in Amsterdam. I won't mind you working an hour or two every day."
Tiffany said worriedly one night.

"Fany-ah. It's okay. I promised you I'm all yours on our vacation, and it's not something new to me. You might not believe it but my work routine now is more relaxed compared to before. So don't worry that I'm exhausting myself."

Tiffany knew how stubborn Taeyeon could get when she already set her mind to something, so there was no point in arguing.

Tiffany prompted her elbow on her pillow resting her head on her palm while looking at sleeping Taeyeon, her mind wondering how she can surprise her for her upcoming birthday. "Yes, that's it! I'll give you 27 gifts." Tiffany suddenly blurted out, making Taeyeon abruptly open her eyes.
"Oh sorry, did I wake you up?" Tiffany said apologetically.
"I'm awake all this time."
"Did you hear what I said?"
Taeyeon chuckled and close her eyes again.
"Just pretend I didn't say that."

The following week Tiffany made it a mission to collect twenty-seven gifts and wrap them without Taeyeon noticing and she did a ty job, but Taeyeon as always being a supportive partner pretended she had no clue at all, even covering her eyes immediately when she accidentally walked into Tiffany while she's wrapping gifts.

"I didn't see anything, promise!"

The day of Taeyeon's birthday come and apparently, Tiffany spent more time and energy on gifts rather than on the actual birthday preparation. It only occurred to her the previous day, after she finished wrapping the last gift that she still hasn't made the reservation at their favorite restaurant for tomorrow. Tiffany was crossing her fingers hard while waiting for their favorite restaurant to pick up her call. "Hello, I know it's quite late but is it possible to get a reservation for tomorrow around 8 p.m?"

Tiffany wanted to smack her head so much after ending the phone call, as she expected the place was already fully booked for tomorrow. How could she forget that one task? Tiffany wasn't a planner not ever, she always leave that job to Taeyeon, who was her complete opposite and very detailed in everything. But still, she could have been better this time.

Taeyeon woke up without Tiffany on her side.

"Honey?" Taeyeon called out while wiping the sleep from her eyes. She could hear music coming from the kitchen, and Tiffany was swaying her hips to the music not noticing Taeyeon observing her from behind.

Taeyeon was smiling from ear to ear, she wasn't a morning person but she wouldn't mind walking up to this every day.

Tiffany gasped loudly seeing Taeyeon in the Kitchen when she finally turnaround.

"Sorry, did I startle you? I'm just enjoying the view." She gave Tiffany a naughty smile.

Tiffany prepared an enormous American breakfast for both of them. Taeyeon happily devoured her pile of pancakes swimming in maple syrup with bits of bacon on top. Tiffany shook her head seeing her girlfriend eating like a kid but she also couldn't hide her smile.

"This is my best birthday ever." Taeyeon declared after finishing her breakfast, she felt stuffed and satisfied.

"The day is just starting, Taetae."
"I know, but you make the best pancake Fany-ah" The birthday girl gave her two thumbs up.

"Do you want to open your gifts now?"
"Yes!"

Tiffany lead Taeyeon to their guest room where she was keeping all of her gifts. Taeyeon already knew about Tiffany's plan but it didn't make her less surprised to see all of her gifts. She thought twenty-seven gifts were kinda excessive but she didn't want to spoil her girlfriend's mood by talking her out of her plan. Her girlfriend loved things to go on her way, and as long she can keep Tiffany happy, Taeyeon would gladly oblige and it's the same for Tiffany. Their relationship was built with trust and so much love for one another.

Taeyeon opened every gift, starting from the smallest one to the biggest. The smaller items were composed of some office stuff like pens, notepads, highlighters, etc. And it made Taeyeon feels like a child shopping for school supplies, but it was actually what she needed and she couldn't be happier that her girlfriend knew her so well. Medium-sized gifts were: couple shirts for both of them, new slippers, new camping equipment- her only outdoor hobby, more wardrobe things, and the biggest one that made Taeyeon almost balled her eyes out was a brand new PS5. Taeyeon had gone speechless when she saw the box and even though Tiffany was pranking her and there wasn't really a PS5 inside but no, her girlfriend is never a prankster and it was indeed a Ps5.

"I'm glad you love your gift Tae, but that's not the last one," Tiffany said.
"You have more?!"
"I got you 27 gifts for your 27th birthday, those are just 26."
"Oh, well I already lose track after 10." Taeyeon chuckled.
Tiffany got a small box inside the drawer and gave it to Taeyeon.
"Happy birthday, my love."

The box was not wrapped and only had a ribbon on top. Taeyeon opened it and dropped with the sight of a gold necklace inside.

"Honey, this is too much!"
"But I want you to have it." Tiffany got the necklace from the box and wear it to Taeyeon.

"Now for the bad news," Tiffany said breaking her stare to Taeyeon who looked puzzled.
"What?!"
Tiffany smiled awkwardly. "Tiffany! What did you do? Don't tell me you're broke now?"

Tiffany laughed. "No love, but don't be mad at me okay? I forgot to make a reservation at your favorite restaurant for tonight."

Taeyeon burst out laughing. "Is that your bad news? Jeez, I thought I'll be needing to sell my PS5 because you're broke."

"That's not going to happen, I have more than enough in my bank account to make us comfortable, so don't worry about that-"

Taeyeon captured Tiffany's lips to stop her from talking. "I don't mind, I don't even mind if you got nothing for me today. I'm already happy that I get to be with you. I love you Fany."

"I love you too, Tae."

And they sealed it with a kiss.