COMPLETE

I Only Remember You...Leaving
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri knew it was anxiety; she was sitting in her car holding a cup of coffee shakingly. She closed her eyes and breathed in and out. A gentle tap on the car window almost made Yuri spill her coffee and set her heart racing. It was Tiffany. Tiffany made her way into the seat next to Yuri. Choi Sooyoung was the one to blame.

 

"Hey, thank you so much for picking me up. I've called your phone a few times, but you didn't answer it." Tiffany's tone was gentle. In fact, she was always gentle, except when she was moody.

 

Tiffany smiled brightly, looking tired after a long flight from Los Angeles. Yuri placed her coffee on the cup holder and forced a smile, "Sorry. I was finding a parking space. Is all your luggage loaded into the car? "

 

Tiffany nodded, and she glanced over at her wristwatch. "It's only 11 a.m. Do you want to grab brunch? I'm starving. "

 

"Yes, what would you like? "

 

Tiffany's smile returns. She only has one thing on her mind. "Kalguksu shop in the neighbourhood next to your apartment." There were a lot of memories made in that place. 

 

Yuri was surprised by the answer. After all these years, that small shop owned by an old lady is still Tiffany's favorite. Then she remembers all the memories that both of them created there.

 

Tiffany's head was resting on the window. She continued to ask Yuri questions. She asked Yuri about the weather lately in Seoul and then how things are going for Yuri. Tiffany knows that Yuri is pretty busy these days with drama filming, variety filming, and other solo activities.

 

The ride turned to silence until Yuri reached for the radio and put on some music. She could feel that Tiffany was watching with intensity. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, knowing that she could never stare back at Tiffany.

 

A soft melody filled the car as it stopped by a Starbucks drive-through because Tiffany wanted an iced latte. Yuri ordered another cup of hot Americano for herself. They both drank their coffee in silence. Yuri unknowingly threw the question out, "I heard about the breakup. Are you okay?"

 

Tiffany nodded. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

 

"You guys aren't going to try again?" Yuri asked, and she regretted it right away. Why did she ask that? Tiffany probably did not want to talk about it.

The breakup between Tiffany and Kev Nish ended badly. Yuri was assuming that the breakup was the sole reason Tiffany was back in Korea.

 

Tiffany chuckled, then sipped her coffee while she looked at Yuri. "No, Yuri!" said Tiffany with certainty. "Kev and I will never, ever happen again. It wasn't working well in the first 6 months, and then he tried to sabotage my work. Anyway, we tried it and it didn't work. So...

 

Yuri nodded and felt bad right away. "I'm sorry for being pushy," Yuri mumbled clumsily. "I don't know why I asked you that."

 

Tiffany chuckled. "Hey, enough about me. How about you and Juran? "

 

Yuri swallowed dryly, slightly frowning. "We broke up last year," answered Yuri. Yuri remembers well how hard it was for her to get over it. She loved Juran. She was prepared to spend her life with Juran. She thought Juran was her last love. She did not realize she was trying to change Juran into Tiffany-the routine was the same and somehow suggested Juran behave the way Tiffany did. Obviously, she realized Juran deserved a better partner than her.

 

Tiffany can see right through Yuri. She knows the question brought pain to Yuri. To be honest, Tiffany wasn't surprised either. Tiffany's right hand found Yuri's lap. "Hey, it must be hard for you. I wish you'd told me, so I could be there for you. "

 

Yuri's cheeks were turning red and she gave Tiffany a small smile. "I think we're done talking about the s that is happening in our lives," said Yuri, and then laughed awkwardly.

 

"I'm just trying to be a nice friend, Yuri!"

 

Of course, the word "friend" caused her to tense up. Yuri was grateful for it. She thinks Tiffany is the most beautiful woman she's ever seen. "Thank you for saying that; Tiffany, you are a wonderful friend."

 

"Can we go now? I'm starving. I can't wait to taste Auntie's kalguksu with her signature samgyeopsal."

 

Yuri did not say a word, and she fastened her seat belt right away. She drove Tiffany to eat her favorite meals just like in the old days.

 

/

 

Tiffany should not be surprised by how comfortable she feels in Yuri's company. She remembers this. day by day in Yuri's apartment, in the dorm, and when they were working actively. She wonders if she missed it because of what happened in 2017 or because Yuri chose to keep them apart for reasons that she isn't sure of.

 

There were times when Yuri just closed herself off and Tiffany couldn't come in even when she wanted to. Maybe this is the right time to pick up where they left off. She's glad Choi Sooyoung chose to ditch her and managed to force Yuri out to pick her up at the airport.

Tiffany made her way to Yuri's car in her apartment lobby for the dinner that Tiffany requested during the day. She never told Yuri where she wanted to have dinner; she only told Yuri to come and pick her up.

 

"Thank you so much for granting my wish once again," said Tiffany, grinning as she closed the car door. "Do you remember that favorite restaurant in Suwon?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Let's go there."

 

Yuri chuckled in disbelief. Is Tiffany serious? It takes 1.5 hours to get there. "Don't you have anything else in mind?"

 

"Come on, Yuri! We will have a decent road trip. I've booked an Airbnb in Suwon. Don't worry, I've brought the clothes that you left in my drawer. You don't have any reason not to go. "

 

Yuri sighed. She was never able to win an argument. Why would she try? "Fine, Ms. Young, Suwon it is."

 

Tiffany grinned and fastened her seatbelt, "Anyway, I watched 'Breakup Probation, A Week' in Los Angeles. They were shown in the Korean Festival Movie. You have improved so much. How was it being a thriving actress, Ms. Kwon? "

 

"Don't worry, it's not as fun as our time together," said Yuri, shocked at her answer. "When Girls' Generation actively promoted, we were having so much fun. No one could beat that. "

 

"I saw your BTS videos on Youtube. You had so much fun on set. "

 

"I never said I didn't have any fun on the drama set. I just wish YOU..." said Yuri, and then she paused for a good two seconds. "My members were with me promoting as Girls' Generation. I'd prefer that," confessed Yuri. Tiffany's gaze wavered, and Yuri swallowed dryly. Before Yuri could apologize, Tiffany nodded softly.

 

"I wish I hadn't just left and..." said Tiffany and sighed. "The day I said I wanted to do my stuff...and moved across the globe to be with a guy who wasn't even worth it. I don't know why I..." stopped Tiffany as Yuri placed her right hand in Tiffany's lap. Tiffany knew what it meant. Yuri did not mean to make Tiffany sad or guilty over what happened back in 2017. She was just sharing her feelings.

 

"Don't worry, Tiff. You and Kev were going to have a life that you always wanted, right? "

 

Tiffany frowned at the remarks; it reminded her of the times when Yuri had completely ignored her after she decided to leave Korea. She heard Yuri had begged her manager to get her a drama role that was shooting out of Seoul for two months. She was sad that Yuri did not even try to be there for her farewell party. "I know you were mad at me. Why? "

 

Yuri gripped the steering wheel hard before letting go and forcing a smile. You, Kev, and the perfect relationship that she kept going about should be the honest answer. "The end of Girls' Generation, I guess," said Yuri with little certainty. "I needed a distraction. You weren't the only one who wanted to find yourself. I did too. "

 

"I'm glad we did it," said Tiffany.

 

The flashback of that day flashed in Yuri's mind. Her chest filled with emotion. The day after she returned from the drama filming, Tiffany was nowhere to be found. She had left. It still hurt like it was just happening. The silence took over for two red lights before Tiffany broke the silence.

 

"I heard you got yourself another elite apartment in Gangnam. It must be nice."

 

"I got it for my parents. I think my par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter