Dessert

You Know What I Deserve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you so much for everyone’s hard work on this project! Dinner’s on me tonight!” 

Kenzie, the leader of the team exclaimed.

 

Tiffany’s team just finished a fashion show project that they have been working on for several months now. Blood, sweat and tears were poured on it and they were glad it has finally come to an end.

 

“Everyone better be there, we’ll never know when leader-nim will take us out to a fancy restaurant.” Nick, a member of their group teased and looked over at Tiffany.

 

Nick has been trying to ask Tiffany out on a lunch or dinner date but the latter always politely refused. He heard from his coworkers that Tiffany is in a relationship but he hasn’t heard her mentioned a guy she’s seeing. Rumors from the office that Tiffany is dating a woman but he thought that was it, just a rumor because according to his buddy Chansung, some women pretends to be in a relationship with the same gender just to avoid getting asked out on dates by men who is not their type. Nick knew he is a good looking guy and has a very good background. A lot of female interns and coworkers has shown their interest on him but he only has his eyes on one girl and that was Tiffany Young.

 

“I don’t think she’s interested in me, she doesn’t even talk to me unless it’s about work.” Nick once told his friend.

 

“Dude, Tiffany-ssi just needs to get to know you, She’s not like any other girls here who just falls for your good looks and charms you know.” Chansung said.

 

“Apparently not, but you’re right, I’ll keep trying to get close with her, she’ll see what she’s missing out.”

 

“Nick you rascal, I always buy you guys lunch don’t I?” The leader retorted.

 

“Yeah, and it’s an indicator that we were going to be staying late when you do.”

 

Everyone laughed because they know it was true. “Fine, fine, I’ll let you pick the wine Khun.”

 

When the team returned to their respective desks and to start packing, Sooyoung followed Tiffany at her desk.

 

“You going tonight?” She asked her best friend. 

 

“I mean yeah I guess. I don’t want to be a party pooper and skip you know?” Tiffany answered. 

 

“What about your dinner plans with Taeyeon-ah?”

 

“I’ll just call her and reschedule, she knows I’ve been working hard on this project and it’s right I attend. I’m hoping our schedule won’t collide though, she’s been working late recently as well.”

 

“I’m sure it’ll work out Fany-ah, your girlfriend is so whipped for you, she would legit rearrange her life to be with you.” Sooyoung assured her best friend.

 

“I know right?” She flipped her hair in confidence and both of them laughed. “Are you going? You better Soo because I need you there.”

 

“Of course I’m going, I texted Kyungho already. Besides, you really think I’m going to leave you alone with what’s his face hounding around you?”

 

“Yeah he’s been extra talkative with me lately. Like, you and I are both on outfit designs right and he’s on technology, but he asks me for opinions on things with tech stuff. Weird.”

 

“It’s because he’s trying to get in your pants, duh? Did you at least tell him you’re not available?”

 

“I said I’m not interested and always refused whenever he asked me to go out. He never asked if I was seeing anyone and I didn’t want to assume he likes me. What if he’s just really passionate about this project?”

 

“Okay girl, yeah, even I won’t buy that nonsense.” The tall girl rolled her eyes. “I’m so telling Taeyeon about this guy.”

 

“Oh she knows, I’ve mentioned it before to her and she has the same feeling as you do. I told her to not worry about it, because I’m not really that bothered and he’s a coworker so I don’t want to make it awkward.”

 

“See? Whatever, you’re too nice to people Fany. If it were me, he wouldn’t even get a chance to look in my direction.”

 

“He wouldn’t dare, everyone in this office knows you are dating and you can be intimidating you know.”

 

“Good, i’ll it keep that way.” 

 

“You’re so silly. Anyway, I’m gonna go call Taengoo, I’ll meet you at the lobby.”

 

Sooyoung gave her a thumbs up and walked over to her desk to grab her stuff.

Tiffany went to the hallway to make a phone call to her girlfriend. 

 

Taeyeon immediately answered. “Hey beautiful!”

 

“Hey Tae-tae! How are you?”

 

“Just low key stressed about this album, I didn’t know producing was this hectic but I feel better now that I’m hearing your voice. I miss you baby. How was your day?”

 

“I miss you too babe. My day has been good, somewhat finally over.”

 

“Somewhat? It’s almost 5 now, you’re supposed to be packing up yeah? What time should I come grab you for our dinner date?”

 

“Uhhm… see, about that. You know how I told you we’re done with the project? Well, leader-nim wants to take the whole team out for celebratory dinner.”

 

“Tonight?”

 

“Uh huh…Please don’t be upset with me Taengoo…please” Tiffany said the last word with her baby voice.

 

Taeyeon knew that her girlfriend knew she can never be upset with her, especially when she was talking to her like this. Of course she won’t tell her she was upset about the cancellation of their date.

 

She sighed. “No I’m not upset Fany. Of course you have to attend, you worked hard on this and you’re pretty much the MVP of this team. You have to go and I understand.

 

“Are you sure? You sound sad babe.”

 

“I am sad only because I was looking forward on seeing my girlfriend and kiss her but what’s another couple of hours right? It’s okay.”

 

“Thank you Tae-tae! I love you so much, you know that right?”

 

“Yes yes, and you know I love you too. Do you know what time will you be done?”

 

“Around 7ish maybe, I’ll just call you, I promise to skip dessert so we can at least have that.”

 

“Okay. You said your whole team is going?” There was a hint in Taeyeon’s question and Tiffany immediately picked it up. Her girlfriend was asking if her coworker Nick was going to be there. She’s heard stories about this man and it irked her that he cannot take a no for an answer and continued asking her girlfriend out. 

 

“Yeah everyone is, don’t worry, Sooyoung is coming too and she’ll make sure Nick won’t make a move on me.” Tiffany assured her.

 

“He better not because I will zoom my way there once I find out he even thinks of it, I will put him where he needs to be.”

 

“You sound y when you get jealous babe.”

 

“I can show you too if you want.” The older smirked.

 

Tiffany looked up when she heard someone calling her from afar. It was Nick, he was making his way to her.

 

“I’ll look forward to it later but now I have to go, I think we’re leaving for the restaurant now.”

 

“I heard someone, I think your office boyfriend is ready for your date.”

 

“Yah! I swear I’m going to smack you when I see you. I’ll call you when I’m done okay? Please make sure you get something to eat. I love you!”

 

“I’m just teasing you. I love you baby, I’ll see you later. Have fun at the dinner and tell Sooyoungie I said hi!” 

 

“Tiffany-ssi! Hi!” Nick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter