Bodyguards.

Three Of A Kind

Bambam’s in deep trouble.

Yugyeom thought to himself when those words came out from his mouth. Mingyu had just asked them to introduce Nayeon noona to their group and Bambam being Bambam agreed immediately without thinking. But judging from his expression, it seemed like he knew that he’s in deep trouble.

Bambam looked at his friends who were discussing excitedly about where they should bring Bambam’s and Yugyeom’s “beloved Nayeon noona” on their so called group date; Bambam then looked at Yugyeom, his eyes asking for help but Yugyeom simply looked away.

Nope, not helping this time.

Bambam sighed. Yes he’s definitely in deep trouble.


It’s no secret among their friends that Bambam and Yugyeom’s favourite girl was Im Nayeon from the third year. They would always have a way to bring her up in their conversations and ever since the both of them started attending high school, Nayeon’s admirers had an even harder time to get close to her. 

Almost like her bodyguards, one of them would appear if not both, to stop her admirer from confessing. Nayeon who’s clueless would apologise loudly when they dragged her away from the confessor.

Sometimes, it would be one of the first years like themselves who tried to confess. But whenever that happened, a glare from Bambam and Yugyeom was enough to stop them from even trying.

They were one of the craziest and friendliest boys among the first years but when it comes to Nayeon, they turned into scary bodyguards of hers. 

However, some of them did not give up. If confessing face to face was not possible, maybe a love letter would help?

… Or not.

“Did you guys just threw away the letter you guys found in her locker?” Eunwoo had asked them.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yugyeom had shrugged and Bambam pretended to not hear the question.

“But I saw it.”

“Nah, you saw it wrong.”


Just earlier, when Bambam and Yugyeom were cursing at some random guy who tried to get near to their favourite noona, Mingyu used the chance to ask the question everyone else had been wanting to ask.

“Is your beloved noona that good?”

“Of course!” Yugyeom answered straight away.

“Don’t you think it’s time both of you introduce her to us? We’ve been friends for so long! Right guys?” He turned to look at the rest of the group who all nodded, a little too eager for both of their liking.

“Sure!”

“Not now.”

Bambam and Yugyeom both replied at the same time. The rest of the boys either didn’t hear Yugyeom’s response or they simply chose to ignore it.

Yugyeom saw Bambam sighed in defeat after he ignored his silent pleas.

Initially, they could have not tell Nayeon about this and just lie to the boys that she couldn’t make it. However, they forgot that they’re meeting Nayeon after school and there she was, smiling brightly as she waved at the two of them.

Because of Bambam’s ‘approval’ earlier, Mingyu went up to her even before Bambam and Yugyeom could stopped him.

“Nayeon noona! When are you free?”

Bambam facepalmed himself at Mingyu’s straightforwardness.

“What?”

“Oh I’m Mingyu, a friend of Bambam and Yugyeom.” He introduced himself and before Nayeon could even say anything, he continued. “Bambam said he’s going to introduce us to you and we were wondering if you want to go to the amusement park with us this weekend.”

“Wait wait!” Bambam cut in and stood in between them. “I never said we are going to the amusement park!”

“We just agreed on it.”

“We didn’t!” Bambam exclaimed in desperation. He’s definitely in deep once he found out what’s going to happen this weekend. Because knowing Nayeon, she’s probably going to agree to it since it sounded like it’s a request by Bambam.

“I guess since Bam and Yugyeom are going, I can join? If you guys don’t mind.”

“We don’t!” The rest of the boys smiled widely.

“We mind!” Bambam and Yugyeom shouted at the same time.

“Didn’t you said you will introduce Nayeon noona to us?” Eunwoo asked, confused at why Bambam and Yugyeom would be acting this way.

“You guys are treating her as if you’re good friends with her now…” Yugyeom muttered.

“It can’t be helped, the both of you are always talking about her!” Jungkook explained in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Really?” Nayeon grinned at the new information then turned to look at Yugyeom then Bambam who’re both on her two sides each. “You guys love me that much?”

“You’re their favourite girl.” Eunwoo responded this time. 

Nayeon grinned even wider and hooked her two arms around the two boys by her side, clearly happy with what Eunwoo had said.

“Anyway!” Mingyu interrupted and looked at Nayeon again. “So noona, are you free this weekend?”

Before Nayeon could give a response, a voice could be heard from behind her. A voice that made Bambam and Yugyeom froze in their spot.

“She’s not free.”

Nayeon turned around and her face brightened up even more.

“Why did you come?” She asked as the man walked towards the group.

“The three of you were taking a long time so I thought I should come and check.” Mark explained then threw a glare at the two younger boys beside Nayeon. “I’m glad I did, if not I won’t be able to witness this interesting scene.”

.

Bambam and Yugyeom both gave him a sheepish smile.

“Mark hyung.”

Mark said nothing and only threw them both a “I will deal with you” stare.

“Wait,” Once again, it’s Mingyu who spoke up first. “Mark hyung? Mark, as in that Mark Tuan? That basketball star player of their batch?”

“OH!” These are the reactions that came from Jungkook and Eunwoo.

And the questions started coming.

“Bambam, Yugyeom, you never told us you know the Mark Tuan!”

“Can we ask him to join us this weekend?”

“How could you not tell us!”

“First Nayeon noona, now Mark hyung?

“Oh my god, shut up!” Yugyeom yelled, earning a few weird stares from students who were walking by. Bambam still had his ears covered with his hands. Whereas for the two older ones, they were just watching them with an amused look on their face.

“Are you guys dating?” Jungkook blurted out, looking at both Mark and Nayeon.

Suddenly, three more pairs of eyes were on them while Bambam and Yugyeom sighed in defeat once again. It’s final, their friends were as gossipy as the aunties in the market.

“Well…” Nayeon started off but Mark cut her off by wrapping his arms around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him.

“Yes, we are.” 

Now, that caught Bambam’s and Yugyeom’s attention.

“Since when!” 

“One week ago?” Nayeon answered nonchalantly. “But does that even matter? Weren’t you guys trying to make him confess officially?”

“But I want to witness it!” Bambam complained.

“And that’s exactly the reason why I did not say anything.” Mark rolled his eyes at the younger one.

Beside them, Mingyu, Jungkook and Eunwoo shared a glance, did a round of Rock Paper Scissors and that question popped up again.

“So, are the both of you free this weekend?” Eunwoo, who lost the game, asked. 

“Oi!” Bambam and Yugyeom raised their voices at the same time. They had been amazingly in sync today.

However, Mark and Nayeon were unfazed by the question. They shared a glance then shrugged.

“Sure.” Mark agreed, which brought huge smiles onto the three first years face and a bewildered look on both Bambam’s and Yugyeom’s. “But on one condition.”

And so… Nayeon gained herself another three more bodyguards.


` i love the siblings vibe of these three so i thought i should start a collection on them. of course, being the markyeon freak i am, he will be included but this will still be more on yugbamyeon. the oneshots might or might not be linked sometimes. also, i'm taking prompts so if you have anything, just leave a comment. comments give me a lot more motivations than you think. heh. 

cheers, ddeokbxkki