Finale

Golden Hour

      Jongwoon is a freelance photographer for k_landscapephotography, an instragram account that specializes in showcasing stunning views on every side of Korea. He's a quiet guy who loves photography and nature very much, he and his different types of cameras are always walking around to enjoy the scenery and take pictures.

          Actually the pictures for today he had gotten and he will submit when he get home later, so he decide to sit back and relax with the camera still in hand. He sit on a chair and shake off the bit of dirt that littered his jeans, he look up to the sky and decide to wait for the golden hour.

           The black haired man exhaled, the autumn air began to cool but it didn't make him shiver, he even just put on a thin black T-shirt and left his jacket in the car. Suddenly a few girls came to him, "Oppa... Are you a photographer? you're carrying different types of cameras...", asked one of them. Jongwoon looked around, "I'm a photographer but I'm sorry I didn't photograph living things..." the black haired man replied as he inserted his big camera and picked up his pocket camera, he chose to focus on his camera until a few of the girls left while huddled.

       The gentle wind blew again, the chirping of birds sounded boisterously behind the leaves that swayed slowly. Jongwoon turned his gaze over the willow tree and pointed his lens, trying to get the right angle to take a biased shot of the sunlight through the leaves. He looked up at the sky and smiled, this was a good time to get a reddish shade with his pocket camera.

          He adjusted the angle slightly downwards when suddenly his lens caught the blonde hair that was sparkling in the sun, "Aish..." he muttered as he turned his eyes to the object. Near a wall of tall bushes had stood a petite guy of blond hair and long coat. One thing that caught his eye was that smile, the beautiful man smiled as he closed his eyes "He's cute... Looks like he's a cheerful guy, good for him" Jongwoon muttered.

        The black haired man pointed his camera again at the top of the branch and took a few pictures, he smiled with satisfaction at the success of capturing the shade of the sun between the leaves. Jongwoon again aimed the lens down the hill. But suddenly the lens turned black, "Aish...." he muttered as he lowered the camera from his face, "Oh... I'm sorry, am I blocking your lens? sorry..." a petite guy said, bowing many times. Jongwoon clicked his tongue slightly, "It's okay.." said the black haired man.

          The blond man turned his head to Jongwoon's side and saw an empty seat, but he hesitated to bother again, so the man decided to sit down without making a sound. He took a book from his tote bag and started reading.

         The cool breeze blew again, Jongwoon whistled as he began to feel cold. The black haired man just realized that someone was sitting beside him. A blonde beautiful man who was seriously reading a book while tightening his coat. Jongwoon stretched his body and glanced sideways again. The blond man's side profile so beautiful, long eyelashes and lips that are slightly pout with serious reading. The blond man's features looked soft, Jongwoon shook his head and straightened his legs. He slightly sat down sagging and leaned his head against the back of the chair.

         "Is photograph so tiring?" came a voice from beside him, "Excuse me, what?" asked Jongwoon, turning his head to the side. Apparently the man beside him was looking at him, "Is taking pictures tiring?" the smaller man asked with a worried smile. Jongwoon straightened his seat, "Not really, it's been a hobby for a long time, so it's not tiring at all" he replied as he tried to refocus on the surrounding scenery, "Ah.. But I often see photographers carrying big and long cameras, it looks heavy and tiring, they even look grumpy" the blond man muttered. Jongwoon blinked his eyes, he smiled amusedly at the blond man's unceremonious words. "Yaa... What do you mean with grumpy?" said the black haired man who only meant to tease.

        The blond man stammered slightly at the sharp gaze and the low tone of voice, yet serious, "Ah, I mean... It's what I saw" he replied, biting his lip as he looked at the camera bag under the black haired man's chair. Jongwoon realized maybe he had been outrageous, he sighed, "They are commercial photographers, that they have a target" said the man in the black shirt. "What about you? I see you also brought a big camera, you also look... Grumpy" said the blond man. Hearing those unceremonious words again, Jongwoon laughed, "You took me to a fight?" asked Jongwoon, "No... I mean, I seriously asked" the blond man replied. Jongwoon leaned slightly towards the blond man, "But it sounds, you know... Presumptuous" Jongwoon muttered, "Ah... I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way" he said, lowering his head.

         Jongwoon decides to end his torment at the cute man he just talked to, he puts his pocket camera in the bag, "Ah... It doesn't matter, I'm a freelance photographer, I don't have a target that is too binding... Maybe I'm a little grumpy but not because of the heavy camera, but that's my nature...", Jongwoon said as he combed his black hair back with his fingers.

        The blond man raised his head and smiled, then he remembered something, "Ah... I have something. Just think of this as my apology..." he said as he took out the phone from his coat pocket. He opened the gallery and showed a picture, "I took a photo of a photographer..." he said with a proud smile. Jongwoon looked at the picture of himself sitting holding the camera and looked up, his naughty thoughts came up again.

         "Yaa... You took a picture of me without permission?" asked Jongwoon, squinting his eyes, "Yaa... Aren't you also the photographer who took pictures without permission?" the blond man asked back with his pouted lips. Jongwoon gathered his patience, "I don't photograph living things, I'm a nature photographer... Do I have to ask nature for permission?" said the black haired man.

          "Aah... I see... Are you also as lonely as me? my friends always think of me as a weirdo, they only come when they need me... That’s why you just alone and only taking pictures of nature?" the blond man asked, Jongwoon squinting his eyes again, "I'm not lonely at all, instead I enjoy being alone. That’s why I prefer in nature, not in a noisy city" the black haired man replied.

          "Am I noisy? is that why I don't have any friends?" the beautiful man muttered, "Hey, that's not what I meant... Uhm, I guess it's getting dark. What if we go down and find a place to drink?" asked Jongwoon, he felt cold and hungry, and might also want to go home soon.

         "Us? you took me for a drink? let me treat… Are we friends now?... Aw, I like that... I'm Kim Ryeowook, what's your name?!" the blond man chirped. Jongwoon held his bag and sighed, "I'll think about it... I'm Kim Jongwoon... Come on" said the black haired man.

         "Yaa... You're so tall... Are you also exercise, beside taking a pictures?" asked Ryeowook, Jongwoon smiled, "And you are so short..." he muttered as he walked and sighed. Maybe tonight is another long night for him, but at least he is not alone. Maybe he has to admit that he is a bit lonely, but there are cute and innocent guy who are more lonely than him. The beautiful guy who had stolen his golden hour.