001

but you always were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"unnie look, i'm a monster!" 

 

 

eunha turns around just in time to catch yewon doing her best scary face and lifting her palms up, being so sure she looks tremendously scary while eunha can only giggle at the younger girl. eunha's parents had done such a great job picking halloween costumes for the young group of friends, making sure their daughter was the scariest one out of all of them, but the girl had not expected the rest to look so adorable.

 

"whoa, yewonnie!" eunha exclaims, wanting the little girl to believe she's nothing but big and scary and so, so intimidating, "you look so scary! sojung unnie, yewon is scaring me!"

 

the said girl lets out a scream that sounds more like a squeak before running after her unnie in her big ghost costume, the white blanket around her falling on her small frame and covering half her face. eunha dodges some other kids with yewon tailing behind her and she's sure she knocks some of their candy off, but she doesn't care. her witch costume might become dirty from running too, but making yewon happy and all playful like this it's what matters the most to her.

 

eunha can hear sinb screaming at them from afar, probably looking more like a tiny cat instead of a tiger like her costume intends to. she's telling them to stop running so they can knock on some other doors to get more candy, already grabbing yerin's hand secretly and walking faster to the next well decorated house.

 

eunha runs faster when the girl gets closer to catching her and she trips over her own feet, her bag of candy almost spilling,

 

and then yewon hugs her before she trips and they fortunately fall on some old, soft grass and eunha didn't really care if they fell somewhere else, because she manages to hold yewon in her arms good enough to make sure the younger girl doesn't get hurt by the fall. and that's enough for her.

 

it's always enough.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

"unnie," yewon softly lets out, her voice sounding so broken and small that eunha has to fight her tears back yet again, "i'm a monster."

 

"no, no. you're not," eunha walks towards the girl, wanting nothing more than to hold yewon and tell her it's all going to be alright, "you're not a monster and you are not going to be one."

 

but eunha knows it's too late for that.

 

yewon is out of it, her large and wide open eyes making her look almost like a scared, feral animal. her hands hold her black glass bead between them, almost as if sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter