So Beautiful

"Like A Diamond In The Sky"

Minseok was on his way to pick up his date. His heart was beating inside of his chest. It has been several years since he has been on a date. There was a girl that he has been spending time with for a while now named Lucy. Minseok developed a crush on her only after knowing her for a few months. Not only is she a bit younger as well as shorter than him as well, Lucy is also a bit on the thick/chubby side (which is one of things that physically attracted him to her as well as basically everything about her, too). Minseok really likes her.

He truly wants this date to go well. And he hopes it does. As Minseok pulled up into her driveway of her apartment complex, his heart felt it was going a little bit faster now. After he turned off his car, he laid back in the driver’s seat for a moment and took a deep breath.

“Please do not let this date be a disaster.” Minseok pleaded with himself. Minseok sat back up several seconds later and unbuckled his seatbelt before getting out of his car. As he walked up to her door, he noticed a couple of neighbors around her apartment were looking out of their windows at him but also ignored them at the same time. Minseok was not there for them. He was there for Lucy. Minseok gave her front door a couple of knocks before just standing there. 

A few seconds later, he heard footsteps coming towards the other side of the door. When the door opened, Minseok’s heart felt like it was going to burst outside of his chest. It was Lucy and she looked absolutely gorgeous. She was wearing a pastel pink dress with tiny, white polka dots all over it with short sleeves. Her stockings were whit to match the polka dots and her flats were pastel pink to match the main color of the dress. Lucy’s medium-long hair was loosely curled towards the ends. She was also not wearing too much makeup, too.

Minseok was not able to speak a word to her. He was just mesmerized by her. 

“Hi, Minseok. I love your glasses!” Lucy suddenly spoke to him in her soft and cute voice. Minseok snapped out of it and gave her one of his adorable gummy smiles before saying a word to her.

“Hi, Lucy! Thank you. You look so beautiful!” Minseok said back to her, though, he always thinks she looks beautiful, no matter what she is wearing. Lucy blushed across her cheeks.

“T-thank you!” Lucy exclaimed to him.

“You are welcome.” Minseok told her then looked at his watch for a few seconds then looked back up at her.

“Are you ready to head to the movies?” MInseok asked her. Lucy nodded.

“Yes, I am.” Lucy replied. Minseok walked over to the side as Lucy stepped out of the apartment and then locked to the door before the two of them headed to his car together. Still, neighbors were looking at them. Again, Minseok did not pay attention to any of them. Neither did Lucy. It made her feel a little nervous but she was not going to let them get to her. Minseok walked over and opened the passagner’s side door for her. Lucy looked at him. Also, she slightly felt bad about him opening the door for her for some reason.

“I do not mind.” Minseok said to her. Lucy nodded and then got into the car. When she was in the car, Minseok closed it and walked over to the driver’s and got into it. When he shut his door, he put on his seatbelt before turning the car back on. Lucy was looking at the window for a few before Minseok started to pull out of the driveway. As they were on the way to the theater, Lucy looked at him while Minseok was driving.

“You know...I honestly thought that this date was not going to happen but I am glad it did.” Lucy suddenly piped up.

“Oh? Why did you think it was not going to happen?” Minseok asked her. Lucy gulped.

“Well, I thought I was going to chicken out or you decide that you should not take someone like me out on a date.” Lucy replied and explained to him.

“What made you think that I would not take you out on a date?” Minseok asked another question.

“Because...I do not exactly look like a supermodel.” Lucy answered. 

“And I am not asking you to be one. You are like a diamond in the sky. All I want is for you to be yourself. Because...that is the way I like you. I like you the way you are, Lucy. Inside and out. And nothing about you should change.” Minseok told her. This made Lucy blush more as well as put a smile on her face.

“I..I like you the way you are, too, Minseok. Inside and out as well.” Lucy spoke. Minseok smiled, too.

“Honestly, I do not think that I am great looking either.” Minseok said to her. Lucy was surprised by that.

“I think you are incredibly gorgeous! You have unique features and I think that is what makes you that way, at least, for me, it makes me feel that way about you.” Lucy said back to him. That made Minseok feel better as well.

“It is just the last time I went out on a date...I had a girl tell me that we were not compatible because I had a weird face.” Minseok told her. 

“Really?” Lucy asked.

“Yeah. That’s why I haven’t dated for quite a long time until I met you. Because, sometimes, I still remember that and it makes me feel uneasy.” Minseok replied.

“Well, I am glad you are not with her because it seems that she does not deserve you. And you deserve better than someone like that! Plus, I have people tell me the same thing about myself so I understand how you feel. Friends and people who I asked out but would not go out with me because of my weight.” Lucy said. 

“Well, those people did not deserve you either. Plus, being thick and chubby does not make you less beautiful. To me, you are truly beautiful all over. From head to toe. Never feel like you are not beautiful because you are .” Minseok said back to her. Lucy felt so grateful and happy to have someone like Minseok in her life. And to be going on this date with him.

“Thank you.” Lucy told him.

“You’re welcome!” MInseok happily exclaimed. Lucy felt so much better about this date and so did Minseok. 

“By the way, did you buy the tickets already or do we have to get them when we get there?” Lucy asked him.

“I already got them! Just need to pick them up but I do not have to buy them.” Minseok replied. Lucy nodded. Lucy could not stop looking at Minseok. For her, he was the most gorgeous man on the planet. She gulped.

“I really, really like him.” Lucy thought to himself. Minseok felt the same about her. As they finally arrived at the theater, Minseok shut off the car then got out. He walked over to her side and opened the door for her again. When she got out of the car, Minseok wanted to hold her hand so badly. But...he felt like that would make Lucy uncomfortable so he decided to hold his urge back for now. When Lucy was out of the car, she looked at Minseok with a smile on her face. Minseok looked at her, too.

“I am ready to head on in if you are.” Lucy said to him. Minseok nodded. The two of them headed to the theater together. When they were inside of the theater, Minseok went over to a ticket kiosk. Lucy followed him. As Minseok was getting the tickets, Lucy looked around the theater room. She was not used to this. She was worried about people making fun of Minseok for being on a date with a chubby person.

Minseok finished getting the tickets and then looked at her.

“Are you alright?” Minseok asked her. Lucy looked at him.

“Ye-yes. I am just looking at the posters and such.” Lucy replied. Minseok could sense that she was nervous.

“If you feel like you are getting too nervous or anxious, just let me know. I want you to have fun and be comfortable. I am here for you as well. Do not worry.” Minseok whispered to her. Lucy smiled and nodded in response. Minseok not only likes her but also truly cares about her, too. And when he is around her, she never judges him nor makes him feel weird. Minseok is very comfortable around her. And so is Lucy when it comes to him, too. It was that this was a romantic date and not just a friendly get-together.

Lucy understood. Honestly, Lucy really did not care what other people thought about her...most of the time. Sometimes, she did have doubts about herself but Minseok is always right there to cheer her up. After getting to the auditorium with Minseok and finding seats in the bat of the auditorium, Lucy noticed three women coming into the same room as they were and sat in the back with them but not right near them. And Lucy knew these women, too.

“Oh no.” Lucy whispered to herself. Minseok looked at her as he heard her say that.

“What’s wrong?” Minseok whispered back to her. Lucy looked at him. Lucy looked at him. This time, she was going to reply to him in Korean, so the women did not understand what she was saying to him.

“Those three women. I went to high school with them and they bullied me from middle school all the way through high school. They made high school a living hell for me.” Lucy answered and explained to him. Minseok understood how that felt.

“I am so sorry that they did that to you. But do not let them get to you. People like that are not worth the stress.” MInseok said to her. Lucy agreed with him on that. Plus, he was also right. People who have hurt you should never be given any time or energy. She was here for and with Minseok, not for the three women/ex-schoolmates. When the movie started, Minseok and Lucy got comfortable in their seats as they watched the movie.

Through the movie, Minseok and Lucy kept taking glances at each other without them seeing each other do so. She also could hear the women talking about her and her weight. As well as why a guy would be on a date with her. It felt like high school all over again fori Lucy. But like Minseok spoke to her earlier before the movie, she should not waste time on them. So, she did not. All of a sudden, Lucy laid her head on Minseok’s shoulder.

Minseok blushed and smiled then laid his head on top of hers. He decided to go for it and hold one of her hands in his. Minseok was a bit surprised when she held his hand back in hers. They stayed like that for the rest of the time they watched the movie together until it was over. Laughing and just having such a great time with one another. When the lights came on in the auditorium, everyone started to get up from their seats. Minseok and Lucy sat up in their seats then got up from them. Before leaving the room, the two of them cleaned up their spot as much as they could then headed out.

Both of them made stops to the restroom before leaving the theater and heading to Minseok’s car. When they were back in the car, Minseok looked at her.

“How are you feeling?” Minseok suddenly asked her. Lucy looked at him and smiled.

“Honestly...I am feeling pretty happy. I really enjoyed the movie. But most of all...I am enjoying being with you .” Lucy replied and told him. Minseok smiled back.

“I am also enjoying being with you, too.” Minseok said back. Lucy nodded. 

“By the way, did you decide on what you want to eat?” Minseok asked her.

“I know this is going to sound weird but I really want burgers and fries.” Lucy answered. 

“Honestly, that sounds good right now. Same here.” Minseok said to her. And he knew just the place to take her for this, too. The two of them buckled up and headed out of the parking lot of the theater. So far, the date was going really well but...can this feeling last through the rest of the date?