one, one, one

stay, stay, stay

Minjeong looked over at the people outside. Her chin is resting on her palm. Nakaupo lang siya sa swivel chair ng study table niya. 

Today is a busy day on the Kim's household. Ngayon kasi ang announcement ng tatay ni Minjeong para sa Presidential race. 

"Miss Kim," tawag sakanya ng bodyguard niya. She looks behind her and saw that the bodyguard is walking toward her. 

"What is it?" She asked. Iniikot niya ang upuan niya para tingnan ang bodyguard. 

Her father was always a Politician. He started as a business owner, then he decided to run for Mayor, and then Congressman, Governor, and Senator, and now, he took a leap and decided to run for President. 

Nagsimula sa pagiging Mayor ang tatay niya noong dalawang taon pa lamang siya.

And now, she's eighteen, and she's going to College. If papayagan siya ng Daddy niya. 

Minjeong never experiences having a normal childhood. She was homeschooled, her friends are only Ning Yizhou, and Uchinaga Aeri. 

Both of their families are business partners with Minjeong. 

Unlike Minjeong, the two of them spent a normal childhood. 

"Can we talk?" The bodyguard asked shyly. Minjeong hummed and nodded. 

"I-I like you, Miss Kim." The guy blushed. 

This is not the first time that Winter hears such confessions. And it won't be the first time that she's going to reject someone. 

"Sorry, but no. I want you to choose, your job or your feelings?" Maybe it came off harsher than she intended. 

But as a Politician's daughter, she could not dilly dally with people, not with those that can cause her a scandal. 

A scandal would tarnish their name. It can cause her father the election. Minjeong grew up to be a Politician's daughter, not her father's. 

"I understand, Miss Kim." Her bodyguard said before leaving. Winter stood up and walk to her bed. She lay down and looked up.

She can go anywhere, anytime. Lahat ng gusto niya, kaya niyang makuha. 

Everything except being ordinary. 

"Minjeongie!" Yizhou entered her bedroom with Aeri. Both of them are smiling excitedly at her. Napaupo sa kama niya si Minjeong. Hindi niya alam na pupunta pala dito ang dalaawa niyang kaibigan.

"Hey. What are y'all doing here?" She asked. Umupo sa upuan niya si Aeri habang umupo naman sa tabi niya si Yizhou. 

"Malapit na first day sa College, nakapagpaalam ka na ba kay Tito?" Aeri asked. 

Minjeong sneakily applied to a College. Deep down, she knew that her parents know. 

"No. He's still busy e. Siguro kay Mommy ko na lang sasabihin." Minjeong said. Aeri snorted. 

"Kailan mo pa balak magpaalam? Yizhou and I decided to stay sa school dorms, you know, to actually feel like a College student." Minjeong shrugged.

She wants to stay with them. 

"Now. Samahan niyo ako." Umiling agad si Yizhou.

"Nakakatakot sila Tito at Tita. Kaya mo na yan!" Sabi niya at nagcross arms. 

Minjeong rolled her eyes and started pulling Yizhou.

"Stop being a coward, Yizhou!" She yelled. Aeri is just watching them with a smile on her face. 

"Sige na, Yizhou. Tara na kasi." Aeri said and stood up. Tinulungan niya na si Minjeong na hilahin palabas si Yizhou. 

Minjeong's house is big. They have to walk a lot of steps just to see the girl's parents. 

Minjeong knocked thrice. Nasa harapan na sila ng office ng mother niya. Her mother started handling the family business when her father started Politics. 

"Come in!" A stern voice yelled from the other side of the door. 

Minjeong opened the door. She sighed. Kinakabahan siya. 

"Mother," bati ni Minjeong at lumapit sa table ng nanay niya. Aeri and Yizhou entered behind her. 

"Hi, Tita." They greeted. 

"My darlings. What are you doing here?" Minjeong's mother asked. 

"I have to tell you something." Pagsisimula ni Minjeong. Her mother looked at her. She held her hands together while staring at the girls. 

"You got accepted. I know. And yes, everything is ready for you." Napataas ang kilay ni Minjeong. 

"What do you mean everything is ready?" She asked. Her mother hummed. 

"You're older now, Minjeong. We trust that you would not do anything to ruin our family's reputation." 

Minjeong looked at her friends with the same surprised looks plastered faces. They anticipated that Minjeong's parents would find out about the application and her getting in, but they did not agree on this. 

Bunsong anak nila si Minjeong. Being the youngest of three, she had little to no freedom. 

"And what if I did something stupid, Mom?" Tanong ni Minjeong. She never really know how to socialize with someone her age.

"Then I am afraid that you'll study home, or worse, we'll send you to America. Kasama ang Ate Taeyeon mo." 

Minjeong kept shut. Her sister, Taeyeon, is her oldest sister. She was just 7 years old when her father sent her older sister to States.

"I won't disappoint you, Mother." Tumalikod si Minjeong. She wants to go out, to go to her room. There is no need for her to stay.

It's not like she has a normal relationship with any of her parents. 

"Thank you so much, Tita! We'll take care of Minjeong po," sabi ni Yizhou at ngumiti. Aeri nodded her head politely. 

The three of them went out of the study room. They cheered and jumped in excitement. 

College might be the time that Minjeong can finally feel ordinary.