It'll always be you

Always You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A charity ball was being held at Tae Oh’s property. He invited the well known business men in Korea including his high school buddy and his girlfriend (who had a crush towards Tae Oh), who just entered the garden at that moment. All of the people were all eyes on her including him of course. Tae Oh, went to their direction with his cousin Eugene in tow to greet them.  At that moment his heart is beating like crazy his mind is in panic of what to do in front of her, but even so, he still pulled himself together and greeted them formally.

She’s with Jong Kook her boyfriend of 7 years. She met him after college while she’s working as an intern at the company that her father owns. He had a hard time pursuing her but after a year of courting Ji Hyo nonstop she finally agreed to be his girlfriend. He has no problems of her being the CEO now, but arguments were frequent these past months. Sometimes they don’t even talk to each other for a long time unlike before, when they had an argument the wrong ones would immediately approach the sullen one and tell that they’re sorry and everything’s fine again after an hour. But that kind of set up is not happening lately.

Tae Oh approached and greeted them:

“ CEO Song, good thing that you were able to come at the charity ball. Glad to have your presence here.” Tae Oh offered his hands for a hand shake in which she gladly accepted. The time that their hands collide, Ji Hyo felt a different feeling build up in her stomach. A feeling that she wasn’t able to feel for a long time now, but she shrugged it off. Jong Kook saw that they’re interacting for so long so he interrupted.

“ I’m Jong Kook by the way. Her boyfriend, nice to meet you MR. Yoo.” He too offered a handshake. Well since they know each other it’s just an impromptu greeting in front of Ji Hyo to avoid suspicions.

“ I’m Tae Oh. Yoo Tae Oh.” he introduced himself and smiled towards him and to Ji Hyo after.

The party was going on smoothly and when the ball dance started, everybody, together with their partners gathered in the middle of the wide garden where the party is being held. Tae Oh with Eugene and Ji Hyo with Jong Kook of course. Their eyes keep on crossing each other and a blush crept up Ji Hyo’s face when their eyes met one last time before Jong Kook dragged her on the side of the dance floor. He actually saw their small glances towards one another. It seems like they’re shooting hearts to each other. So to interrupt it he forcefully dragged Ji hyo to the corner before she decided to be with Tae Oh before the night ends.

On Ji Hyo’s end, she was quite annoyed with Jong Kook’s actions. She blushed for so many times that night and her heart fluttered as if she met her ultimate crush at that moment, butterflies also lingered on her stomach (but who really made her feel like this? Was it Tae Oh or her Kookie?). Even if Jong Kook dragged her to the side, her eyes were still glued to the dance floor. And when her boy friend can’t take it anymore, he again, dragged her away from the reception and went towards the dark side of the garden where no one can see them. Tae Oh saw this and immediately informed his cousin Eugene slowly that he needs to do some business and will be back after some time.

He followed them and arrived at the very secluded place of the very familiar garden. He didn’t plan to eavesdrop in their conversation but he was worried about Ji Hyo when he saw Jong Kook drag her with too much force.

“ YAH! Kim Jong Kook! Let go of me! Why are you being like this? You’re hurting me! STOP!” Ji Hyo asked simultaneously and when she forcefully pulled back her arms, that’s when  Jong Kook halted his steps.

“ I’m hurting you?! ME?” he huffed in disbelief.

“ Did you know that you’re the one hurting me Ji Hyo-yah? Those small glances a while ago, everything. I’m your boyfriend now but you’re still into him. We’re doing fine after all these years but when he showed up this is happening? Is that why you don’t want to get engaged to me?” Jong Kook hummed and that make Ji Hyo speechless.

The sudden outburst of Jong Kook pulled her out of her senses and she looked at him with sorry eyes. She loved him of course, it’s just that something stir her up that night and her full attention was not given to him. She didn’t intended to make him feel like that, and she felt sorry because of her behaviour.

“ No oppa, it’s not true...” She was cut out when he asked,

“ What is it then?”

“ I’m sorry for not giving my full attention to you oppa, you know that I love you right? And I was just in deep thoughts about something that’s why I’m so out of it. I’m sorry, really.” This time Ji Hyo lowered her pride and knowing that she’s at fault she apologized to him sincerely, but he’s seeing red at the moment and blurted out the words that made her feel like the world is crashing down into her.

“ Let’s stop this Ji Hyo-yah.”

“ Oppa...” She was left speechless and her mind went blank when she heard his words.

“ Let’s stop this already. Lately, every time when I’m with you I felt a different air, so different from the first years of our relationship. I know you love me and you also know that I love you, but I can’t take it anymore Ji Hyo-yah. We’re just hurting each other more so let’s just stop. If you really love me, let’s end this so we won’t be hurting each other anymore. I’ll let you be happy with someone you love and you should also let me be happy with someone I love.” Jong Kook smiled at her sadly, all of the rage he’s feeling a while ago flew away when he saw her tears flowing onto her face. He doesn’t like seeing her cry and Jong Kook hates it when she cries because of him.

“ Oppa, please don’t so this to me. Why are you being like this if you know that I love you? You know what? let’s leave this party already, head back home and we can talk, just don’t leave me alone. Please.” Ji Hyo cooed him while tears kept streaming into her face. Seeing her beg for him made his heart clench and Jong Kook almost hugged her tight, and tell her that he won’t leave her at that moment. But he can’t ruin everything so he pulled himself together and gathered all of his energy to be strong for her - for them. He inspected her wrist that he pulled so hard a while ago to see if she’s fine but then he saw her reddened wrist and kissed it.

“ I’m sorry if I hurt you a while ago Ji Hyo-yah. And I’m sorry if I’m hurting you again at this moment. I’m letting you go Ji Hyo-yah because I love you. I’m happy during those years that we’re together, really. I’m in a cloud nine when we’re together I swear and my love for you never faded but I want you to be happy, I don’t want to cage you with the love that you’re not yearning for years. My wish for you is to find your true love already, and that’s the time that I’ll be really happy for you.” He kissed her wrist one more time and he kissed her forehead, eyes, nose and finally her lips.

Feeling him kiss her, touch her for one last time and hear him propose the separation, her heart clenched tightly and felt like it was being smashed slowly and little by little. She felt like it really intends to tear her apart and it even made her feel miserable with every breath and touch she felt that’s coming from him. She hugged him tightly and sobbed at his embrace, but then he pulled out first and wiped her tears while smiling at her. 

She felt so small, she ruined their relationship in just a night. The man that she loved the most was pushed to the edge and now, because of her reckless actions, he’ll leave her for good. Yes, Tae Oh was her childhood crush, but Jong Kook took his place over her heart. She saw his determination and sincerity in pursuing her before that’s why she accepted him to be her boyfriend. Her feelings for Tae Oh, was washed away the first time she saw Jong Kook work diligently and cheerfully at the office.

She only made him wait for a year because she’s afraid that she will just ruin everything since she doesn’t have any experience of being in a relationship before. But when they were together already, she felt at ease and became easy going. He do everything for her, he understand her more and is ready to be patient for her whenever she’s having mood swings, and that made her fall for him more.

Jong Kook wanted to cry at that moment because he’s letting go of his first and last love but he needs to be strong for the both of them, so he kept his tears to himself. He love her of course, very much. He knew that she had a crush towards his high school buddy Tae Oh. Jong Kook was fine with it of course everybody has their own crush, he just didn’t worry about it because he knew how sincere Ji Hyo was and became during their relationship and when they were together. He loved her the first time he laid his eyes on her. She’s tough outside but when they’re together she’s just like any other women, fragile but jolly and fun to be with. She’s got so many unique traits that he learned to love more and more after all those years.

They compliment each other very well. They help each other grow and when someone is getting behind, the other one will help him or her to keep up with the pace until they get a hang of it. He never forget to encourage her when she feels like nothing’s going on her way. They conquered battles together and they always win it. They always give way for each other and clear their paths, and he love the way she can always keep up with everything when she’s lost. The traits that he learned to love after all those years was now ready to be forgotten and it’s time to move forward and start anew. They’re perfect but not everything that’s perfect will always have a happy ending.

He held her wrist one more tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter