Together

Our Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AN:  While reading play both the original and slow version of Love Story by Indila. 


 

                       
 

Irene and Wendy were best friends forever. They grew up and lived together. Over the years their feelings only got stronger. 



 

They were in a relationship without knowing themselves with a label called friendship. They did everything together , like a couple except from the intimacy; which they badly craved for with all the between them . 



 

They both were oblivious towards the way they looked at each other, cowardly to confront their true feelings and scared to risk their friendship. 



 

Only them craving for love, seeking for more affection, selfish for all  the attention and getting extremely jealous and possessive over each other. Being overprotective and over clingy over the curtains termed 'only friends'.  Isn't this what couples do? Can we be more than friends? Was the secret question running in both of their mind.



 

For one day everything felt shaking, things breaking, mind stopping.... When........ Irene's marriage was set up by her parents with their co-worker's son, without her knowledge. This made Irene upset because she knew there was no reason for her to say no other than 'I can't marry him, because I'm in love with my forever best friend who I'm not sure feels the same'. The latter is a big no-no , as her parents are old fashioned and very religious. 



 

And for Wendy what would she say? I love your daughter and what? Irene's parents were very strict; they only allowed Wendy to be around their daughter because she was a goody two shoes, with excellence in academics and sports.  They always wanted Irene to marry and have children. With a good reputation and stable living. Marrying Wendy will bring them shame, no children and not a stable life as she is still working as an intern in a company, where she is not sure whether they'll hire her as a permanent worker. Irene is also an intern at a news studio. They both have a long way to go and what if things get difficult between them.. These all thoughts resisted Wendy to confess. 





 

The longing increased, the hugs got longer, hands were held a little more tighter, the gazing were lingering, the tension was palpable as the wedding day was coming closer.  Wendy was in the whirlpool of emotions, confused with everything except her growing love for her best friend as the day passed which will be the beginning of her heart break. 



 

Irene and Wendy's touches become more constant and bold.  Mostly it was from Irene's side. Irene was getting agitated at the thought of her Wendy being hugged like this by someone else once Irene is gone. She got impatient with Wendy's behavior. One time Wendy is all over her and when Irene reciprocates ,she backs away. Nonetheless, they both were frustrated.  Everything around them was overwhelming. Things were moving fast. The touches became overheating, the tension suffocating. 

 

Until the day of dress fitting, where Irene was annoyed with how happy Wendy was. She even cried when Irene came out first wearing a beautiful white gown which made Wendy believe that angels do exist. Wendy knew Irene would make the most beautiful bride and will be the best wife and a mother. Unbeknownst to Irene, who was mad at the thought of Wendy being happy for her marriage. It made her furious when she saw Wendy happily talking to another woman who was trying the dresses too. 


 

Irene dragged the love sick Wendy by her shirt in the changing room, slamming her roughly on the mirror. Wendy was shocked to find them in such a compromising position with Irene invading her personal space; no space at all and it almost gave her a heart attack when Irene started to dig nails in her shoulder while crying. Before Wendy could say anything, soft lips slammed on her making her lost in bliss. They followed the rhythm, the only thing heard was  their heartbeats, the obnoxious sound their mouths were making, the ruffling of clothes and the muffled voices of people in the background. 


 

Wendy stopped whatever magic Irene did with her lips and put a distance between them. Irene closed the distance again, the space was again filled with two lovers in a passionate battle. 

 

Irene pulled on her shirt, this woke Wendy up again from the trance. She begged Wendy not to stop and let her have this one moment. But Wendy knew it was wrong, it could jeopardize everything. She turned her back to a sobbing Irene and when she saw the pain in her eyes with the diamond like tears, through the mirror she saw the eyes she loved the most. The eyes which shined like a star filled sky are now dark with clouds. Wendy realized this is now or never. It's the time to be brave because she knows no best friend will kiss with such passion, no best friend will beg to have the final moment with them, no best friend will cry like their heart is breaking. 

 

Wendy turned around and hugged Irene, engulfing her in the warmth. Irene sobbed harder, holding onto Wendy for life. After a few minutes a knock broke the moment. Irene, who was a little calm, answered with a bit of quivering. She started to pull down the zip of her gown and one hand bringing Wendy's hand to her back as if saying 'stay, I need you here'. Wendy got the sign and started to pull the zipper down while scattering kisses. 

 

Wendy turned Irene and held her hand before pulling the dress down. Wendy, with full confidence, loudly said 'I love you' to Irene where Irene smiled brightly and said 'I love you' back, pulling Wendy into a deep kiss again. 

 

The kiss got more heated with happy tears and the gown finally hit the ground. 


 

Irene maintained eye contact with a blush while wearing her clothes back. Wendy only smiled at the red marks which decorated Irene's neck and shoulders, while caressing a long scratch on her arm; a little gift from Irene's trip to heaven. 


 

They left the dress back but got the wine to celebrate their first kiss and more. Both hand in hand, sitting in the car, light music playing and cold wind blowing. Wendy stopped the car near Han river; their favorite spot. She sat on the bonnet with Irene staring at the sky exchanging sips of wine. They both enjoyed the silence of the night and warmth of their entangled hands. 


 

They knew their journey wasn't easy but not impossible. Together they are invincible and now that they have the power of true love, nothing's gonna stop them. 


 

Next day, Wendy and Irene talked to the guy and explained everything. The guy was supportive and happy for both to find love in each other. He broke off the wedding and told his parents about it too. He asked them to be friends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter