come out, come out

come out of the closet (it's dusty inside)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eng, I swear to God! Stop! I don’t want to! Stop!” Kenlong rounded the table while laughing, Engai on the other side with a sly grin. “If I catch you, you’re mine!”

“No! You know I at this!” They were playing around like little kids until Kenlong’s mom came around.

“Hey, kids.” She entered the room with groceries in her hands, and Engai quickly insisted to help her carry them.

“Oh Kenlong, when will you learn to be helpful like Engai?” Kenlong’s mom asked playfully, making Kenlong frown and blush form on Engai’s cheeks. “I-It’s nothing, Auntie.”

“Mom, what are we having for dinner?” Kenlong looked through the grocery bags, but her mom swatted her hand away and gave her a scolding look.

“Not like you’re gonna help me cook!” Her mom chastised her.

“Hey mom, remember when I was a kid? I always wanted to be a chef because dad’s cooking was the worst and I thought that you and I will be the only members of this family that could cook when you and dad get older.” Kenlong giggled as she recalled the memory.

“Where’s Uncle by the way?” Engai wondered loudly.

“He’s mowing the front yard. He thought the weeds are overgrowing but I think he’s just overreacting.” Kenlong’s mom started to unpack the dinner she was going to cook, and Engai joined her side with a smile. “Let me help you with the cooking, Auntie.”

“No, kids like you and Kenlong should be upstairs in her room and gossiping, not helping me. And stop calling me Auntie, okay? Call me Mom. If I hear you again calling me Auntie, I’ll never let you step a foot in my house again, do you hear me?”

“Mom!” Kenlong called, a bit mad at the thought of Engai not having the right to enter or visit their house anymore.

“What?” Engai and Kenlong’s mom laughed. “I’ll keep that in my mind, Mom.” Kenlong’s mom nodded approvingly.

“Now go and don’t bother me! Get out of my territory!” Kenlong’s mom joked, pushing her daughter and her daughter’s friend out of her kitchen.

When Kenlong’s mom closed the kitchen door, Kenlong squealed and jumped on Engai happily.

“She’s never told any of my dates that come around to call her Mom.” Kenlong informed Engai, snuggling her face on the crook of Engai’s neck.

“Well, they don’t know.” Kenlong frowned. Kenlong and Engai have been dating for the past few months, and she always forgets to confess that to her parents. Not entirely forget because she’s still afraid of telling her parents that she’s biual. That is one of the reasons why her parents don’t know she and Engai are dating. There is hesitation, but mostly forgetfulness. Kenlong is such a forgetful person.

“I’m sorry,” Kenlong said sadly. She felt guilty for not having the guts to tell her parents and she knew that Engai had been affected by her hesitation. She climbed off of Engai but the woman held her tightly.

“Hey.” The older looked at her. “I know you’re scared. And that’s okay. I’ll wait until you dare to tell them even if it takes forever. I don’t want to force you to do something you’re not ready and comfortable with.” Engai ran her hands through Kenlong’s locks and smiled warmly at her lover.

“I can wait. We have all the time in the world.” Engai looked around first and then kissed Kenlong on her forehead.

Kenlong frowned. “You know, all of this should be the other way around, Eng. I’m older than you, I should be comforting you, not you comforting me.”

“That doesn’t even make sense to me, darling.” Engai laughed, wrapping her arms around Kenlong. “You might be older than me but I’m still tall---”

“Don’t complete that!” Kenlong said, pouting. She shook her head, changing her pout into a smile.

“How about we go upstairs?” Kenlong suggested but then she blushed when she saw the smirk on Engai’s face. “Not like that! Eng, get your mind out of the gutter!”

“What?! I didn’t even say anything!” Engai laughed when Kenlong punched her lightly on the arm.

“Your face said everything that didn’t come out of your mouth!” Kenlong said, pulling Engai up the stairs and to her room.

“Aww, you know me so well.” Engai sweetly said to Kenlong and gave her a peck when they were finally secured in Kenlong’s room.

“Wanna binge-watch Engfa and Charlotte’s videos?” Engai lit up and nodded her head happily, Engfa and Charlotte being her favorite YouTubers.

Together, the two lounged on the bed, Kenlong sitting and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter