alpha

Take Responsibility Alpha

Johnny was built like a tank, all 6 ft of toned muscle, chiseled face and a dazzling smile, that made him the perfect alpha in the eyes of masses. But he is not an alpha because biology ed him and made him an omega despite all physical aspects pointed him to an alpha. He was raised as an alpha too, growing up, he had always been the strongest and tallest in his age group, so his parent prepared him to be the respectful alpha to score himself a decent mate in the future; taught him handy work like wood working and mechanics. But come his presentation on his sixteenth birthday, the Suh household smelt of sunflowers and spring rain, and he experienced his first heat; Johnny presented as an omega.

 

Johnny remembered his mother crying because she felt like she had failed his only son, he was not prepared to be an omega and with everything piling up, she feared that her son would end up lonely, with no one to treat him well and mate with him. His father had hugged him tightly, assuring him that he was accepted no matter what and that they’ll do whatever to support him.

 

When Johnny fully accepted that he was indeed an omega, he had learned that his interests had slightly changed; although he still loved sports and physical activities, he had leaned in more on doing exercises that improving his flexibility more than building his muscles. He had also taken a liking on flower arrangement which works well for his father that owns a flower shop downtown. He had tried to be a decent omega however, cooking alluded him and his mother could only give him sad looks when he constantly failed in cooking.

 

“At least you could fry an egg.” She said light heartedly and Johnny pouted at her. “Better than nothing right?” She asked and Johnny just had to laugh, he’ll probably improve in time.

 

 

---

 

 

When Kun was born, his parents had named him Lebing, however, there was something tugging at their subconcious to change that, and for a good reason, Kun turned out to be a more suitable name for their son. Growing up, Kun was a bright young mind, pretty and an achiever. His parents had seen him dainty and pale, no matter how much he would play out in the sun; He was lovingly called snow by his family. Kun grew up learning the ways of his omega mother, from cooking to child rearing, practicing with his younger cousins when he was at the age of 12; he would babysit his cousins and he was a born natural at it that made his parents confident that they could find a match for him when he presents on his sixteenth birthday.

 

However, on the new year and coincidentally Kun’s birthday, Kun had experienced his first rut, filled the house with strong scent of sea breeze and snowdrop, and Kun against all odds presented as an alpha. The Qian’s were shocked because their beloved Kun had no indication of being an alpha growing up but here he was, an alpha, carrying the blood line of the Qian’s.

 

“Thank goodness we changed your name.” Kun’s father remarked and Kun looked at him with tearful eyes.

 

“You’re not mad?” Kun has asked.

 

“Of course not! We love you Kun and we will accept you regardless of your biology.” His mother had assured him.

 

“But, I am not even strong, who would want to mate with a wimp like me?” Kun had not wanted to be an alpha, a weakling like him will only be the laughing stock of the community.

 

“They don’t know what they are missing.” His mother had assured him and his father had hugged him then assured him that they’ll help him every step of the way.

 

----

 

When Kun’s company in Beijing had partnered with one of the leaders in the Food Industry in Korea for a joint venture of fusion snacks, Kun had been nominated to be the company’s R&D representative to work in Seoul. Kun had taken up the offer along with other brilliant minds in the company, one of them was Sicheng, assistant Marketing supervisor.

 

Sicheng and Kun go way back in college when they became dormmates. Sicheng, who is a year younger got a shock to see Kun for the first time and had double checked if he was at the right dorm, Kun was so pretty and he was sure that the older was an omega. Kun merely laughed at his new roommate and well, Kun had to explain that he is indeed an alpha. When the scent blockers that Kun had applied wore off, Sicheng confirmed that Kun was indeed and alpha; Sicheng was a little disappointed, Kun would be a pretty mate.

 

 

Kun’s group was welcomed warmly at the Seoul headquarters and he met the youngest general manager he had encountered in his life, Taeyong. He was introduced to Ten, R&D assistant just like him and they are going to be partners for the project, and then Johnny, Sicheng’s partner in marketing. Since they were wearing scent blockers, mandatory by the ministry of health to prevent untoward incidents and biases in the workplace, Kun only assume their sub-genders.

 

Kun had found working with Ten to be quite an entertainment because despite getting along pretty well, Ten almost always clash heads with him, in good and bad ways. Ten though is quite a character but he respects boundaries and he expects people to do the same. Despite pushing Kun’s buttons, he knew his limits and he doesn’t allow anyone to look down on the Chinese, not on his watch.

 

“So how was your day?” Kun asked Sicheng as they entered Kun’s company issued car.

 

 

“Tiring, like I can’t feel my body tired.” Sicheng huffed and Kun chuckled at how the younger was acting.

 

“Do I need to beat up anyone?” Kun asked as he started the engine.

 

“I am sure you can’t beat Johnny hyung so let’s not even think about it.” Sicheng answered and Kun laughed at that.

 

“Well yeah, Johnny hyung’s on the bigger side, definitely not going to fight him.” Kun said back.

 

“So what about you?” Sicheng asked and Kun only hummed. “I heard from the grapevine that Ten hyung is pretty protective of you.” Sicheng stated and Kun laughed as he made a turn on the intersection.

 

“Ten is protective yes, but not in a way that you would call romantic.” Kun answered. “Pretty sure he’s dating Johnny hyung.” Kun added and Sicheng gasped.

 

“Where did that come from?” Sicheng was perplexed that he hadn’t heard of that.

 

“They eat their lunches together.” Kun answered and Sicheng huffed.

 

“We eat our lunches together gege.” Sicheng stated matter-of-factly.

 

“Yeah we do, but we are both alphas, there’s nothing going on between us.” Kun said calmly. “Pretty sure Ten’s an omega with how he looks.” Kun added.

 

“Yeah right, You’re pretty to be an alpha, like excuse me, I had a crush on you before you go all alpha on me.” Sicheng responded making Kun laugh.

 

“And you never let me forget do you?” Kun asked back and Sicheng nodded.

 

“You have to take responsibility for my first heartache.” Sicheng said with a grin.

 

“sure, you made me pay by making you dinner for the past decade.” Kun replied, finally pulling over to their parking slot at their temporary apartment.

 

“Well what can I say, never found an omega who is at par with your cooking skills.” Sicheng praised the older who blushed.

 

---

 

“Do you think I have a chance with Sicheng?” Ten asked Johnny as they ate their take out, because despite Ten being an R&D for snacks, his cooking is limited to basics such as cooking rice and frying foods.

 

“You? Of course!” Johnny assured his bestfriend who was one of the few people who had accepted him for who he is.

 

“Have you seen Kun though? He’s so beautiful and Sicheng has his heart eyes on him, I don’t stand a chance.” Ten whined and Johnny patted his friend’s back.

 

 

“Hey, Kun is pretty but you too! You’ve had a pile of bodies begging on your feet to mate with you.” Johnny reminded the younger.

 

“but you still agreed that Kun is pretty.” Ten pouted.

 

“What am I supposed to say? Kun is very pretty.” Johnny shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Oh… Oh.. you have a crush on Kun?” Ten perked up and Johnny blushed as he was outed.

 

“No..” Johnny stuttered and it made Ten grin like the Cheshire cat that he is.

 

“You do!” Ten teased his friend and Johnny sighed and looked at Ten sternly.

 

“Ten, drop it. Do you think I would have a chance with him?” Johnny asked and Ten’s grin fell into a frown. “It’s difficult as it is to be an omega in an alpha’s body do you think Kun, would even want that? He’s an omega that can have anyone he wants.” Johnny added and Ten sighed.

 

“Hey, sorry.” Ten said softly and Johnny sighed. “I didn’t mean it. I was just happy that you took a liking to someone, even if you’re not going to pursue it, at least I know you still like someone. I was afraid that you’ll turn emotionless and apathetic because not a lot understands you.” Ten shared and johnny tried not to cry.

 

“It’s okay, I accepted the fact that I would end up as one of those cat ladies. So you better give me nieces and nephews.” Johnny said and Ten nodded at that.

 

“Of course, I need free childcare.” Ten joked and they both laughed.

 

 

---

 

After weeks of research and development, Ten and Kun presented their prototype to marketing who evaluated them and gave them the go ahead to present it to the management. There were several issues to discuss and the meeting ran late into he night but they were determined to finish it before Ten was due to take his leave for his heat. As the meeting dragged on, the scent blockers slowly wore off that it was becoming a little stuffy in the boardroom.

 

“It’s getting late and we are all tired. We do need to address a few issues but I trust Kun can handle this while Ten is on leave?” Taeyong had asked and Kun nodded, of course, he can do that, Ten and him worked on the project together, they both know every side of it. Very well, it’s Friday, unwind on the weekend and I’ll see some of you on Monday.” Taeyong said and dismissed them.

 

Kun, Ten, Sicheng and Johnny entered the elevator and the two R&D heads started discussing as a last ditch attempt to smooth out the wrinkles of their project before Ten take a leave.

 

“Ten?” Johnny’s voice was a little weak and everyone turned to look at him. ‘I don’t feel well.” Johnny said and Ten was quick to be by his side.

 

“Are you due?” Ten asked and Johnny shook his head.

 

“No, not in a couple more weeks, I have regular heats.” Johnny replied and both Sicheng and Kun looked at each other then back to Johnny.

 

“Heat?” Sicheng asked and both Ten and Johnny looked at them.

 

“Yeah, I’m an Omega.” Johnny groaned as he felt the warmth spread inside his body.

 

“, you’re heating up, someone must have triggered your heat.” Ten mumbled and the door opened.

 

“Let me help you.’ Sicheng offered to help Johnny walk out but Johnny’s body twitched being touched by the alpha. ‘, his heat was triggered by his alpha.” Sicheng said and Ten’s eyes widened.

 

“What the ?” Ten cursed out as Kun held the elevator door open.

 

“Sicheng, press the button please.” Kun said and the younger did as he was told then Kun went to Johnny’s side. “Johnny hyung?” Kun called out and Johnny looked at him with watery eyes.

 

“Alpha?” Johnny called out and Kun’s pupils dilated.

 

“.” Kun cursed as he took Johnny’s arm and swung it on his shoulder and led him out of the elevator, leaving Ten and Sicheng gaping at the two.

 

“what the actual ? Is Kun an alpha?” Ten asked Sicheng who nodded at him. “” Ten ran after them.

 

“Oh this.” Sicehng ran after them as well.

 

“Where’s your car?” Kun had asked Ten and the younger pointed to the car parked just beside Kun’s. “Can you drive?” Kun asked and Ten nodded. “Good, drive.” Kun commanded as he opened the back door and led Johnny to enter before he did.

 

 

Sicheng sat on the passenger seat and Ten sat on the driver’s seat. HE took a breath then started the engine.

 

“Are you sure you know how to drive?” Sicheng asked and Ten nodded.

 

 

“Johnny hyung’s better at this though.” Ten said as he moved the gear to drive then stepped on the gas.

 

“Better get a move on.” Kun reminded him. “Unless you want to see your friend indecency.” Kun added and Ten cursed before he maneuvered the car out of the parking.

 

“Why didn’t you ing say that you’re an alpha!” Ten screamed at Kun while he looked at the rearview mirror where Kun was running a hand down Johnny’s hair and whispering to Johnny to calm the omega.

 

“It’s in my records, I though everyone was informed.” Kun answered and then planted a kiss on Johnny’s temple to ease the older who kept on calling for his alpha.

 

“Then why the did you not know Johnny hyung’s an omega?” Ten asked back.

 

“We were not informed! Eyes on the road Ten hyung!” Sicheng screamed out as Ten almost banked on the sidewalk.

 

“.” Ten cursed.

 

“Please ing drive! Let’s just finish this talk outside a moving vehicle.” Sicheng was shouting and it made Johnny whine.

 

“Alpha.” Johnny clawed at Kun’s pressed dress shirt. “Please.” Johnny was now crying, tears staining his cheeks.

 

“Drive faster.” Kun growled and Ten knew better to follow an alpha’s order.

 

 


When they reached Ten and Johnny’s shared apartment, Ten opened the doors and lights and led Kun towards Johnny’s room. The room was a pastel blue, and his bed had several plushies. “Don’t ing judge.” Ten hissed at Sicheng who raised both hands in surrender.

 

“Ten, I need you to call Johnny’s legal guardian.” Kun instructed.

 

“he’s a grown man.” Ten answered back and Kun hissed.

 

“He’s in heat, I can’t get a consent from him.” Kun replied.

 

“He’s.. I’m his emergency contact information. His parents are in Chicago, I’ll call them but you have my permission.” Ten answered confidently.

 

“I need..” Kun was about to protest.

 

“Look, a triggered heat, what more consent do you want?” Ten said matter-of-factly and that shut Kun up. “Do it. Take responsibility” Ten said then walked out of the room, Sicheng following after, not waiting for Kun to kick him out.

 

 

“I’ll get take out.” Sicheng announced to no one in particular as Ten stormed into his room to call Johnny’s parents.

 

 

Kun looked at Johnny on the bed, hands the duvet while crying out as the pain in his body intensified. “Alpha?” Johnny called out, smelling the alpha but not feeling him near him.

 

“I’m here.” Kun sat next to Johnny and the omega instantly grabbed his hand. “Hey.” Kun lifted Johnny’s face to look at him, eye to eye.

 

“Alpha?” Johnny asked softly, a little hurt that his alpha was taking too long, was he being rejected?

 

“Hey Johnny hyung.” Kun’s voice was soft and Johnny closed his eyes and leaned in to the touch of the alpha’s palm on his cheek. “I need to ask you first.” Kun said and Johnny nodded. “I need your consent.” Kun said but Johnny just wasn’t listening, reveling on the alpha’s touch. “Johnny hyung.” Kun withdrew his hand and the omega’s eyes flew open.

 

“Alpha?” Johnny’s eyes began to water.

 

“What’s my name?” Kun asked.

 

‘Alpha.” Johnny answered.

 

“My Name.” Kun asked again but he received the same reply. “I won’t touch you if you don’t say my name. I can’t take advantage of you.” Kun added.

 

“Kun.” Johnny said, almost a whisper. “Kun.” He said a little louder. “Kun.” He said again and this time, Kun responded by clashing their lips together.

 

“My beautiful omega.” Kun grinned and stripped his omega , and started worshiping the older, one heated kiss at a time.

 

 

---

 

“So you and Johnny hyung are not dating?” Sicheng asked as they ate the pad Thai that he ordered.

 

“Obviously.” Ten answered. “look, not a lot would want to date Johnny hyung because he is a contradiction.” Ten was just tired of explaining, not everyone understands Johnny.

 

“I do understand.” Sicheng said, serious tone caught Ten off guard. “Kun ge isn’t alpha material, heck he’s pretty enough to pass as ana omega.” Sicheng explained.

 

“That makes sense now.” Ten replied. “and I though you were datng Kun.” Ten sighed and Sicheng laughed at that.

 

“To be fair, I had a crush on him before and proved that he was an alpha. I had a good 4 hours to revel on that feeling.” Sicheng confessed.

 

“I can’t blame you, I had a crush on Johnny hyung too.. well that went out the gutter fast.” Ten shared and they both end up laughing.

 

“Kun ge lived his childhood as an omega, and if anyone can understand Johnny hyung, that’s Kun ge.” Sicheng stated and Ten agreed.

 

“Guess I don’t need to worry about Johnny getting old alone, heck he got his mate before I did.” Ten was taken aback at the idea. ‘ he is getting mated before me.” Ten screamed making Sicheng laugh.

 

“Well.. if you want to take a chance on me, maybe we could uhm you know, try dating?” Sicheng offered and Ten abandoned the Pad Thai and dragged Sicheng into his room.

 

“Guess I won’t need to take a leave.” Ten grinned as he locked the door.

 

 

A heat or rut typically last 3 to 5 days for unmated or unassisted individuals while it shortens to 1 to 2 days if done with a mate or a service alpha or omega. So when Johnny woke up the next day on his bed with body aching and his room smelling of snow drop and sea breeze, he was confused and concerned.  He tried to rack his brain for anything that happened last night but ended up with nothing but a clouded memories and calling someone his alpha.

 

“Oh .” Johnny grunted, did he force someone to him?
 

“You’re awake.” Johnny turned to see Kun entered his room with a tray of food and the younger wearing one of his hoodies.

 

“Did I just forced you to have with me?” Johnny asked as Kun placed the tray down  on the study desk before sitting next to Johnny.

 

The close proximity allowed Johnny to inhale the scent of the younger and his eyes widened, the smell was snowdrop and sea breeze.

 

“I forced you!” Johnny broke into tears and Kun immediately wrapped his arm around him. “You must be disgusted! I am sorry, I forced you.” Johnny sobbed but Kun stopped him then made him face him, making eye contact.

 

“You did not. If there is something wrong in this it is that I took advantage of you, you were in heat, I knew better than to do that to you.” Kun assured him. “In case you haven’t noticed, I am an alpha.” Kun informed Johnny.

 

“The ?” Johnny screamed and it made kun chuckle.

 

“To be fair, I only knew that you were an omega last  night, and you kept calling me alpha. I thought you figured it out when you kept calling me that.” Kun smiled at him.

 

“You’re not disgusted?” Johnny asked and Kun raised a brow. “look at me. I am not an omega you can proudly present to anyone.” Johnny sighed and took the duvet to cover his torso.

 

“Like you can present me to anyone and they’d believe that I am an alpha.” Kun replied and Johnny looked at him if he was joking. “We’re both in this sick twist of fate but I don’t mind it, I find you really attractive hyung.” Kun confessed. “But I was afraid to voice it out because it would be weird for two alphas to date. And I thought you were dating Ten.” Kun admitted and Johnny was again surprised.

 

“You’re not dating Sicheng?” Johnny asked, squeaking.

 

“No, we’re both alphas.” Kun answered and Johnny can feel the incoming headache. “Would you like to eat breakfast first? I made something edible from whatever left inside your fridge.” Kun offered and Johnny blushed, this was not how he envisioned his life, he was not expecting a mate.

 

“Did you mark me?” Johnny asked and Kun shook his head.
 

“I mean I had left hickeys but was sane enough to not mark you, I would really want your consent before I do that.” Kun explained and Johnny nodded. “And Maybe we can go on dates first?” Kun offered and Johnny was really confused, Is kun even real? “I don’t want this to be a one-time thing.” Kun added as he saw confusion painted on Johnny’s face.

 

 

“Are you ing serious?” Johnny asked and Kun nodded like a puppy.  “, I finally got lucky!” Johnny grinned and launched himself to hug and kiss Kun. “I’m glad that it’s you.” Johnny said and Kun leaned in to kiss him passionately this time.

 

“Eat first, let’s plan our date later okay?” Kun asked and Johnny smiled and nodded.

 

---

 

a/n: Well uhm that was something I guess. I need sleep. Hopefully I can get it now.