it's not...

Concealed Bravery

“I wasn't aware the Lee Soojin would prefer being alone here in this beautiful place instead of inviting her precious friends,” a voice says, prompting Hufflepuff Lee Soojin's musings to stop, and turn her gaze away from the sky to modify towards the owner.

 

 

 

Park Soeun's figure filled her view, with her Slytherin aura surrounding the atmosphere, which usually shakes whoever's presence she is with, but Soojin barely batted an eye.

 

 

 

“My friends are busy,” says the Hufflepuff, sparing Soeun's curiosity for a second before ultimately deciding to focus on her homework again. 

 

 

 

The purpose she had in mind throughout the trek here at the astronomy tower. However with Soeun's presence, it may alter some of her plans, not that she minded though.

 

 

 

“Oh? But I'm quite sure I've seen Hyunjin-ssi and Heejin-ssi walking along the wooden bridge a while ago as I made my way here,” said Soeun, genuine curiosity lacing her words the same as how it affected her expression. 

 

 

 

She remains to stand, about a meter or two away from the other girl, hands behind her back as if waiting for Soojin to invite her. Aforementioned Hufflepuff seems to had sensed what Soeun was doing, so she expels a sigh, patting the space beside her without looking back. 

 

 

 

“You can take a sit if you want, I don't bite,” said she, preparing another scroll for her essay, “And yes, those two are always together, they're probably taking a break from studying. Disturbing them would be the last thing I'd want to do.” 

 

 

 

Soeun wordlessly nods, awkwardly taking a step forward. Quite a peculiar scene, honestly. Slytherin's are known for their rather straightforward attitudes and prideful nature, and Soeun's current acts are a complete contrast to the usual. Comedically so. 

 

 

 

“What brings you here anyway, Soeun-ssi. I quite was under the impression you have no interest or whatsoever to astronomy.” 

 

 

 

“I'm not interested in astronomy but I am interested with you.”

 

 

 

“Pardon?” 

 

 

 

“I said, yes, you are right, Astronomy does not pique my interests, but the sky does.”

 

 

 

Between their conversation, Soeun had made her way beside Soojin, coughing on her fist and mentally thanking the God above for having mercy— Merlin, she doesn't know what to do if Soojin heard that.

 

 

 

“You do know that being interested in the sky is technically being interested in Astronomy too, right?” Soojin says, amusement lilt in her words, and if it isn't her tone, then the way her lips upturns to a smile says enough that she found it quite funny.

 

 

 

“Mayhaps, still think those two differ in some ways.”

 

 

 

This is them, Park Soeun and Lee Soojin, acquiantances. They aren't close enough to say 'hi' as they met in the hallways, but aren't strangers either. 

 

 

 

Whenever there's only the two of them, they indulge themselves in conversations such as this. Random stuffs which in any way does not involve their personal lives.

 

 

 

Soojin is Soeun's secret friend, and vice versa. Though they never did talked about what their relationship are, they're simply just acquiantance in a way. Aside from Ryujin, Heejin, and Hyunjin, Soeun had been the only other person Soojin casually talks with. In a way, Soeun can be considered as a friend for Soojin as well.

 

 

 

“It's another full moon by next week,” said Soeun suddenly, and at the mention of moon, Soojin suddenly remembers her friend.

 

 

 

Right, she thoughts, another moon. 

 

 

 

“Yeah, seems so,” said Soojin absentmindedly, “do you plan on watching?” 

 

 

 

“No, just thought of it. I mean, I actually had seen you read books about moon, so, er, I thought that you may be interested with it..?” 

 

 

 

Soojin would like to say, she's not a dense fool. Neither is she similar to those dumb leads from muggle dramas whom have a hard time understanding someone elses feelings— attractions, if you may— towards them.

 

 

 

To put it bluntly, she knows Soeun likes her. 

 

 

 

Not just as a friend, but something more. She've learned how to differentiate those kind of likes just by the gazes alone. 

 

 

 

Sometimes, she sort of feel bad, for assuming and all. But the evidences aren't that hard to notice, especially for someone who have sharpened senses such as her, who's also naturally gifted in comprehending.

 

 

 

“I am, kind of.”

 

 

 

Those eyes that Soeun uses to stare at her isn't a puzzle anymore.

 

 

 

“Would you want to watch it with me, then?”